GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tart - I am sure they can tell the "age" of semen by the motility of sperm and what percentage had died, but not sure how accurate that woudl be in determining time.

anjay - "xxxxx is also said to have been charged with a sex offence."

{mod edit}

They could be using that additional charge (if true) which would be at the very least sex with a minor to keep him in custody etc whilst they work on the murder charges. By the sounds of it, if they did find his semen then that additional charge is given. I am assuming there is more to their evidence then just that though, as I said in a previous post this would be very bad for him, he's lost friends, no doubt his job. Who knows what this is doing to his family in the town also. I wouldn't want to be them right now. I would like to think the police wouldn't be so ignorant as to ruin another person/family without good cause.

Don't forget the lady earlier whom said he had cuts on his arm, if this lady is telling the truth then he must be involved.

Can the circumstances surrounding the sexual encounter lead to a rape conviction....as in this consensual sex happened in the leadup to CR and her parents being brutally murdered, so the circumstances lead one to believe it to be non-consensual sex, ie rape?

I think it is more likely that the blood outside was the blood of the family on the shoes of the killer.

Alot of us have been saying that all along. The blood on the path was footprints. I posted the media report of this late last night in the second thread.

it only says a source told them, it may still prove to be incorrect and agree with mum73 it does not say outright rape it says a sex offence, this could be numerous different things.

but as was stated in earlier posts it would explain why the public gallery gasped during the hearing...well that and the fact that they could have been very discriptive as to the nature of the multiple stab wounds.

Hi, new to this

Have been reading all of your posts up until Friday and then missed for two days.

I am from Victoria and have read as much as I can about this case. I just really hope that they have the right person and the actual details all come out

Hi, new to this

Have been reading all of your posts up until Friday and then missed for two days.

I am from Victoria and have read as much as I can about this case. I just really hope that they have the right person and the actual details all come out

Welcome. If you have only seen up till friday you have missed a lot :)

Meh, this suppression order sucks.

One thing to think about, everyone is commenting what was posted on her facebook wall, what we don't know and only the police have seen is any private messages between the two. This could be why the police searched the accused house.

Also like one of the posts above, neither of these kids were probably angels from perfect homes. I don't think we can assume they were.

it only says a source told them, it may still prove to be incorrect and agree with mum73 it does not say outright rape it says a sex offence, this could be numerous different things.

but as was stated in earlier posts it would explain why the public gallery gasped during the hearing...well that and the fact that they could have been very discriptive as to the nature of the multiple stab wounds.

Why would they "gasp" if they knew he was an exboyfriend that she was still seeing? Is the gasping thing an exaggerated rumor.

I just realised that my post above sounds a bit convoluted.

My purpose was to point out that the DNA evidence, whatever it is, may not actally prove who the murderer was.

I wanted to consider why the alleged killer's DNA may have been found at the scene but may not necessarily indicate that he was the killer.

I am so totally with you there! your first post was very well done by the way! Imo I think if someone has common sense they would know there is not enough info released to without a doubt say "yes" it was the accused. I am a local and it is well know around town they were still engaged in some kind of relationship, so sorry but a semen DNA does not convince me. [snip] he was not a loner and was liked by many people. Nor did he have any signs leading up to this to say he was capable of this. Honestly I can not see someone doing their first murder in the way this one had been done. Really the spelling is no biggy with kids, it has been some time since I have met a kid who can actually spell, between underpaid teachers, over crowded class rooms and the kids abbreviating for texting, the art of spelling has flown out the window .....

Don't forget the lady earlier whom said he had cuts on his arm, if this lady is telling the truth then he must be involved.

If he had cuts on his arms (and there is no direct evidence of this yet) there could be many reasons and they could have happened in relation to his job as a mechanic.

That makes me wonder though.

If you are attacking 3 people and you hold the knife, how do you get cuts on your own arms?

If one of the people you are attacking also has a knife, then it might happen. But that is a knife fight, with both holding weapons.

I can see how a right-handed attacker might accidentally cut his own left arm in an attack, but not both arms, as that lady claimed.

Unless we suppose that he had the knife, then the knife was wretled away from him and he was cuts, then he won the knife back again. But that sounds very complicated.

Alternate theory - he went to the house and he was attacked by someone there with a knife. He got the knife away from the person and stabbed them. Then stabbed the other 2 people as they tried to stop him.

I agree with James23 on this.
Police do not take that sort of thing seriously.
It is so common and a waste of their time.

Do you remember "Henry Keogh" he was convicted on forensics and cornier so called facts, we know how that ended up.
IF the police have jumped the gun AGAIN and this kid didn't do it, he will be going to prison for 10 years. The police will want to save face!

However you look at the minimal facts that are known, there are many other possibilities of what happened that night.

Thanks for reminding me of the Kough case!
Good point.

I can't help feeling the police were under pressure to show a result here too.

It will be interesting to see HIS defense in a trial. You are innocent? Let's see it.

Why would they "gasp" if they knew he was an exboyfriend that she was still seeing? Is the gasping thing an exaggerated rumor

NO the gasping is not a rumour it is fact, i saw it several times on TV news reports and read it online. Something was so shocking it made the court 'gasp'.

OK then, if it was not who has been charged that did it, then who was it??????? Some have mentioned they but i just told him that is only one of the many rumours and may not be true. Lots of things are flying around but i would would like hear from some people who think they have the wrong person charged and it was so unlikely it was him that did it, then who it could be then?.

Do you think it was a random attack?
Did the family have enemies?
Did CR have some people who strongly disliked her so much that they would do this crime?

Sorry if my posts sound a bit odd but the new rules here make it hard to say things how i would like to say them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!