GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there were cuts on his hands and arms i personally saw them

Cbayford, how upsetting for you to have seen the cuts....that's terrible and I feel for you. Did you suspect the cuts were in relation to the murders or did you just assume they were work related or whatever? If you suspected they were in relation to the murders that must've been very traumatic..

To any of the locals: On one of Jasons social networking pages he talks about being bashed really badly and nearly dying. (not sure if that was literal, or just his way of saying it was bad)

I am wondering if he was the target of bullying? If he was he may have had anger building up inside. Obviously this isn't related to the crime but perhaps an answer to how he could have bottled up enough anger to explode. Some ppl do this, they just keep talking crap with a smile, everyone thinks they are patient and good natured, then later when enough has built up, they explode.

I just can't see how someone could be this angry at someone he loves and is friends with(Chantelle). There must be more that got him to that point.

Re the arms: A friend in town also told me a mate saw Jason that week in a shop, they saw his arm bandaged but didn't think anything of it.
Amazing that the police asked people to look put for someone with cuts, many people saw his cuts and thought nothing of it as they did not see him as a possible suspect.

Article from 'Adelaide Now' 8/2/2011.

Accused killer Jason Downie, in red, at a Christmas function before his arrest. The camera flash has washed out the colour in his eyes. Source: Supplied

THE man accused of the Rowe family's stabbing murders in Kapunda was partying at a work Christmas function less than a week after their deaths.

Exclusive photographs of Jason Alexander Downie, 18, show him smiling with workmates at a dinner in the Barossa Valley only days after the November 8 deaths of teen Chantelle Rowe and her parents, Andrew and Rose.

A suppression order protecting Downie's identity was lifted on Wednesday during an appearance in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court.

He is charged with three counts of murder.

While comments on his social networking Bebo site suggest his father walked out on him and his mother, Lorna, when he was just two months old, it is understood his birth certificate does not even list the identity of his father.

Downie has a brother, Jamie, who was living in Kapunda at the time of the deaths, and a teenage relative, believed to be a half-sister, Jodie, living in Kilmarnock, Scotland, with whom the accused killer would correspond.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Among those who shared Downie's last night out before he was arrested on Tuesday November 16 was the young man called on by the police to "bring him in" for questioning to the Kapunda police station.

Hours before Downie's arrest, the apprentice mechanic's workmates joked with him that he was "going to be locked up for the murders".

With another teenage workmate, he travelled the 30km from Tanunda to Kapunda at the end of his day's work, and was dropped off at Kapunda police station for "further questioning".

The two mechanics had commuted together from Kapunda to Tanunda almost daily since the alleged killer began an apprenticeship at the service centre about a year before the deaths.

"When the fellas heard that he was to be taken to the police station, they even joked with him that they were going to lock him up," a colleague said.

Downie attended Barossa TAFE at Nuriootpa once a week, but often was absent from his course, the work colleagues said.

Another friend on his Facebook site is a teenage girl with whom Chantelle Rowe often stayed in Nuriootpa.

Chantelle worked at Cafe de Vine in the town's shopping complex for a week before the deaths, and stayed with her friend's family some nights during her last week.

Chantelle - who listed her home address on job applications as at the Nuriootpa house and not the Kapunda family home in which she died - text-messaged her new boss to say she was sick about 12 hours before her death.

Workmates say Downie went to work on the Monday of the Rowe family deaths.

He also went to work the following day when Major Crime detectives declared the crime a triple murder, but asked to go home because he knew the Rowe family.

"On the Tuesday, he came to work and then asked to go home," a colleague said.

The work colleague said the alleged murderer attended work every rostered day after the deaths as Major Crime detectives scoured Kapunda and surrounds for clues in one of the state's worst cases.

Downie also visited the shrine to the Rowe family, adorning the rear fence of the property, three days before his arrest.

After his visit, police removed many of the tributes.

Magistrate Terence Forrest remanded Downie in custody until April.

Attachments

• 797980-downie    jason downie.jpg
    797980-downie jason downie.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 75
If you can look at the photo attached to the above article on the 'Adelaide Now' website, you will note that the accused appears to be wearing long sleeves.

If you can look at the photo attached to the above article on the 'Adelaide Now' website, you will note that the accused appears to be wearing long sleeves.

Yeah. It was before the murders though. But I guess it goes to show that it was not odd that he would wear more layers than the average person. It was his style.

On second look that may be a napkin. You can't see any white near the neckline.

Yeah. It was before the murders though. But I guess it goes to show that it was not odd that he would wear more layers than the average person. It was his style.

If you read the article, the function and photo was less than a week AFTER the murders.

Still with the red shirt but doesn't look like the swans one : )
What a creep, smiling and having a good time unlike his victims : (

I was thinking the thing he left at the shrine looks a bit like a small stuffed animal wrapped in plastic to me, but can't be sure.

Also don't take this the wrong way, I believe he is the most likely perpertrator, but the woman next to him looks as if shes wearing a read coat so I'm not sure we can assume much from the long sleeves.

Was great to read that article, I wondered how many days he took off etc.

Some insight here from locals.

http://www.facebook.com/adelaidenow

On person claims says some girlfriends were as young as 12.

also this comment sheds some light regarding him being obsessive.

He was protective over his women (very obviously Drove past school 7 times every recess and lunch checking up on one of my friends(his ex)for a while) who by the way, was much older then 15.....

I could'nt get that link to work Singers, very interesting behaviour.

If you go on Facebook search for Adelaide now
"Adelaide now" has it's own page. The article is half way down the page with 28 comments.

Hey that red T-Shirt he has on is NOT a Sydney Swans T-shirt by the looks. SHOCK!!!! Also note the long sleeves underneath it. Haven't read the comments yet but he certainly does sound a little OCD doesn't he? No doubt he stalked her.

Just a thought but could JD have been infatuated with CR boyfriend at the time ? and has done what he did to keep her away from him?

JD and the boyfriend DP were friends and I have heard talk of previous weird behaviour to an ex girlfrieind of DP.

It is not just hear say and a friend of friend said. I am a parent of one of CR best friends and have contact with many of the family and friends. My child (teenager) had no concerns about his behaviour with CR.

It has devastated our lives and so many peoples lives in so many ways.. so much has been taken away from CR (brother), from their entire family, from us, from friends and from so many people..

There is never an excuse not ever.. I too want to know why and what and how could he and try to make any sense of a totally senseless disgusting devastating act..

On second look that may be a napkin. You can't see any white near the neckline.

You can get tops like that which look like a T-shirt over a long sleeve top but they are actually just one top btu the sleeves are just another colour.

the fact that he deove past school several times a day checking up on younger girls he was pursuing says it all to me.

Just a thought but could JD have been infatuated with CR boyfriend at the time ? and has done what he did to keep her away from him?

JD and the boyfriend DP were friends and I have heard talk of previous weird behaviour to an ex girlfrieind of DP.

It is not just hear say and a friend of friend said. I am a parent of one of CR best friends and have contact with many of the family and friends. My child (teenager) had no concerns about his behaviour with CR.

It has devastated our lives and so many peoples lives in so many ways.. so much has been taken away from CR (brother), from their entire family, from us, from friends and from so many people..

There is never an excuse not ever.. I too want to know why and what and how could he and try to make any sense of a totally senseless disgusting devastating act..

Thats a really interesting thought. If he was possessive, perhaps he was being possessive about DP. Perhaps he thought he would lose his friend? It's certainly a possibility. With the other ex of DP's what kinds of thing do you mean - was he jealous of the attention DP was giving to her and not to him(Jason).

As a former forensic photographer who worked at the murder site, I’d really like to say this. No one, who walked into that house and saw those bodies will ever forget it. This is a monsterous crime. To see 30-year veterans of the homicide squad physically sick and unable to compose themselves, gives you some idea of the horror we saw

http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.com/2010/11/19/kapunda-killer-info/eimqab/

rach sell says:
February 8, 2011 at 2:47 pm
00 i
Rate This
i also read the paper and am a bit confused who has a work xmas party in Nov? is it just the media keeping us on our toes with more questions and more ill feeling against him?

http://aussiecriminals.wordpress.co...cused-triple-murderer-jason-alexander-downie/

I found this interesting aswell because Jasons work place had their xmas break up in December as another of his workmates was also being farewelled at this dinner which was reported on this guys FB page.

Who knows whats going on but i think Adelaide now may have it wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back