Australia Australia - Bones Found, Nora Creina, South of Robe, SA, Oct'21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SKELETON belonging to ‘child or small adult’ found in sand dunes in SA

A human skeleton has been unearthed in sand in South Australia’s south-east.

A member of the public made the discovery in dunes at Nora Creina near Robe on Wednesday.

Forensic investigators attended the scene on Thursday and found the remains.

7NEWS understands the bones are of a child or small adult and appear to have been there for some time

Loxoli, I had a look through the South Australia missing persons register, but didn't come up with anyone

I'm hoping they can get DNA.

Yes, it would be great if they can get DNA. I’m thinking that some of the Adelaide cases such as one of the Beaumont children, Joanne Ratcliffe or Kirste Gordon are within the realm of possibility. I can’t think of any Victorian cases off the top of my head. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for more news.

Mystery of human remains found at beach deepens

The mystery surrounding a set of human remains found in sand dunes in remote South Australia has deepened - with questions outstanding about who they belonged to and where they came from.

Police on Friday dismissed claims by the Seven Network that the bones belonged to an Indigenous Australian and suggesting they were potentially historic in nature.

25 November 2021 - A police operation to formally identify 21 individuals whose remains or partial skeletons have been found across South Australia over the past 73 years is on the verge of breakthroughs in several of the cases. Published on The Advertiser's FB page.

Several SA newspapers published an article on the topic but all the copies I can find are behind a paywall.

Yes, it would be great if they can get DNA. I’m thinking that some of the Adelaide cases such as one of the Beaumont children, Joanne Ratcliffe or Kirste Gordon are within the realm of possibility. I can’t think of any Victorian cases off the top of my head. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for more news.

I would think the Beaumont children could be considered historic in nature since they disappeared back on Jan 26 1966.

Why the Unsolved Disappearance of the Beaumont Children Remains One of Australia's Most Haunting Crimes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back