VA VA - Mamta Kafle Bhatt, 28, mom & pediatric nurse, 'involuntary missing,' husband reported her missing Aug 5, Manassas Park, 31 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a feeling she has strong women in her life, though. It will be sad, but I'm also very glad she won't live with the pain of "losing" her. Only with never really knowing her, if that makes any sense. As someone else said many posts ago, I hope they can somehow fast track her back to India so she can grow up learning their language and culture. Unless she's with an Indian foster family here, i guess that would be the best option for a little one just learning to talk, etc.
Hi @TTF14,
We also agree Mamta Kafle's daughter should be with her grandmother & family, but in Nepal, learning Nepalese language & culture.
Immigration attorney who worked to speed up the process of getting Mamta's mother and brother to the United States from Nepal.
From our understanding, the current carer is also from Nepal.
MOO

When people come as immigrants/refugees, it is a very different way with better support systems and rules. But too many, myself including, came on work visas and got naturalized via the green card route. This is a long way, and one has rely on either a community, or good friends to help. I had friends. And it was difficult to talk truthfully about any difficulty during calls to my parents. And of course, parents don't realize how hard it is to make a living here. So I can imagine how Mamta felt. (And I grew up in the country that was not free politically, but ideologically, in my time, was not conservative at all.)

Just a thought. Communities might be split by factors we as outsiders are poorly aware of, so i suspect thinking of some informal female mentorship should help. So far female mentorship is more work-based. Had Mamta survived, I see her, as a nurse, an American-Nepalese woman, eventually becoming such a mentor for younger women, and not only for her own community. Her friend in whose place she used to hide was from another culture, as I understand. There are lots of things we all notice. Maybe start thinking that when we come, we are less divided and more united?
I know that Mamta is now resting eternally, but I feel as a society; this was the reason she was put in our lives. I don't even know you, or Mamta but our sisterhood is the undercurrent that connects us and we stand with our brethren who are here on the chat offering their offerings of community love through their insights and advice.

I echo your sentiments and stand with you in community. We have to get past the layers of culture and race/ethnicity and look underneath the issue unearthed - Domestic Violence. It crosses all race and color. It's a universal issue which has UNITED US! You are spot on with that insight.

I am cheering you on as you yourself start to make yourself available to those struggling while at the same time becoming vulnerable yourself and allowing you to be loved by others. The community where Mamta came from really inspired me to stop listening to the noise and embrace the love THERE IS around us. Look up. It's really there! Hugs and blessings to you!

Hi @TTF14,
We also agree Mamta Kafle's daughter should be with her grandmother & family, but in Nepal, learning Nepalese language & culture.
Immigration attorney who worked to speed up the process of getting Mamta's mother and brother to the United States from Nepal.
From our understanding, the current carer is also from Nepal.
MOO
this is a really tough conversation and we all have our outside perspectives. Let us bond together and pray that the best and wisest decision is made for Mini Mamta.

Let us bond together and pray that the best and wisest decision is made for Mini Mamta.
Hello @CeciliaLizeth,
Most certainly, that goes without saying - the point of my reply to @TTF14 was that seeing Mamta Kafle's daughter end up in India, speaking Indian & learning the Indian culture, would most likely not be the outcome aligned with Mamta Kafle's deepest wishes.
I also wonder - IF Mamta Kafle were here to be asked - who would you like to care for your daughter, your flesh & blood, for the rest of her life, who would you select?

MOO

Hello @CeciliaLizeth,
Most certainly, that goes without saying - the point of my reply to @TTF14 was that seeing Mamta Kafle's daughter end up in India, speaking Indian & learning the Indian culture, would most likely not be the outcome aligned with Mamta Kafle's deepest wishes.
I also wonder - IF Mamta Kafle were here to be asked - who would you like to care for your daughter, your flesh & blood, for the rest of her life, who would you select?

MOO
the thing is, I don't know her, never knew her so I could not speak for her deepest wishes. So I deeply respect your perspective and where you're coming from. I'm merely offering no perspective because I come from a place of zero knowledge. I unite with everyone and looking beyond myself and praying the best outcome for Mini Mamta, even if it's one I would agree with our disagree with. This is my humble opinion.

the thing is, I don't know her, never knew her so I could not speak for her deepest wishes. So I deeply respect your perspective and where you're coming from. I'm merely offering no perspective because I come from a place of zero knowledge. I unite with everyone and looking beyond myself and praying the best outcome for Mini Mamta, even if it's one I would agree with our disagree with. This is my humble opinion.
Great points. My point being I think children are always better off placed with family, if it can be arranged and there are safe family members to go with. Assuming there are none in America, it would reason that Mini Mamta would be best off in India with her relatives....and sooner rather than later given her age and just learning to talk.

I'm not a social services professional by any means, although I do have volunteer experience in the arena :).

IMO MOO

Great points. My point being I think children are always better off placed with family, if it can be arranged and there are safe family members to go with. Assuming there are none in America, it would reason that Mini Mamta would be best off in India with her relatives....and sooner rather than later given her age and just learning to talk.

I'm not a social services professional by any means, although I do have volunteer experience in the arena :).

IMO MOO
Thank you for sharing this. I think that's the whole point, to come together as a community and extend ourselves from the point of expertise in our respective fields. You have been in social services settings and offer that point of view. That's so helpful not just to the Mamta case but for anyone here reading our comments navigating the US system. That was my heart's intention in starting a thread, from an immigrant's eyes looking into the US legal system. How can we extend ourselves and be there for each other in these tough moments. May you continue to be used in your community and to those you serve. Blessings to you!

Thank you for sharing this. I think that's the whole point, to come together as a community and extend ourselves from the point of expertise in our respective fields. You have been in social services settings and offer that point of view. That's so helpful not just to the Mamta case but for anyone here reading our comments navigating the US system. That was my heart's intention in starting a thread, from an immigrant's eyes looking into the US legal system. How can we extend ourselves and be there for each other in these tough moments. May you continue to be used in your community and to those you serve. Blessings to you!
But, I completely lack any knowledge of what Indian parents, mothers of daughters in particular, would want for their children!

@TTF14 , Mamta and her family are from Nepal, not India. Additionally, LE have been working with/communicating with the local Nepali community.

It is my sincere hope that you extend grace when our community accidentally says Indian vs. Nepali. As a Mexican, I often hear people call other Hispanics Mexican when they are from other countries. We are all trying our best and extending grace when there is a mistake is what keeps us together. Blessings to you!

It is my sincere hope that you extend grace when our community accidentally says Indian vs. Nepali. As a Mexican, I often hear people call other Hispanics Mexican when they are from other countries. We are all trying our best and extending grace when there is a mistake is what keeps us together. Blessings to you!

Thank you :).

@TTF14 , Mamta and her family are from Nepal, not India. Additionally, LE have been working with/communicating with the local Nepali community.

My apologies! I'm admittedly geographically challenged when it comes to Asian countries :).

AUG 24, 2024
There are memories that Mamta's best friend, Nadia Navarro, said she'll cherish forever, even though Mamta's were cut short.

"Mamta had so many dreams that she’s never going to get to realize. She wanted to be a nurse practitioner. She wanted more kids. She wanted to do so, so much, and she’s never going to get to do that," Navarro said. "She is this kind of person that has a huge heart, and she gives to others. It's horrifying to me that her love was something that was used against her."

1724554081382.png

AUG 24, 2024
There are memories that Mamta's best friend, Nadia Navarro, said she'll cherish forever, even though Mamta's were cut short.

"Mamta had so many dreams that she’s never going to get to realize. She wanted to be a nurse practitioner. She wanted more kids. She wanted to do so, so much, and she’s never going to get to do that," Navarro said. "She is this kind of person that has a huge heart, and she gives to others. It's horrifying to me that her love was something that was used against her."

View attachment 526767
I think Nadia is an angel sent straight from heaven to be used by God for such a time as this. So eloquent. We also pray for her and her safety and security.

May we learn and glean from both Mamta and Nadia the lessons God is trying to teach us so that we can stop the cycle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax
Back