DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Danny Deacon murder trial jury retires for day without decision
ABC News
By Steven Schubert
Updated Mon Sep 05 18:32:47 EST 2016
Posted Mon Sep 05 18:06:53 EST 2016

'The jury on the murder trial of Danny Jack Deacon will continue their deliberations on Tuesday, after being sent home after nearly two hours of deliberations.'

'Justice Peter Barr sent the jury out to reach their verdict at 2:45pm on Monday afternoon.

They left the Supreme Court building in Darwin by 4:30pm without the court being reconvened.'

'Deacon lawyer had told jury manslaughter, not murder

His lawyer, Jon Tippett QC, earlier told the jury Deacon committed manslaughter, not murder.

Mr Tippett suggested Ms Sinclair provoked Deacon by telling him her son was probably not his, and that she was planning to move interstate with the child.

Justice Barr told the jury the crown must prove beyond reasonable doubt there was no provocation for them to find Deacon did commit murder.

He said if the prosecution had not proven that, Deacon should be found guilty of manslaughter.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-05/danny-deacon-murder-trial-jury-retires-for-day/7816842

Deacon murder trial: Jury deliberations stretch into third day
ABC News
By Lucy Marks
Tue Sep 06 18:55:14 EST 2016

'The jury in the Darwin murder trial of Danny Jack Deacon is yet to reach a verdict, more than 24 hours after starting deliberations.'

'The jury was sent out by Justice Peter Barr on Monday at 2:45pm to reach a verdict and continued deliberations on Tuesday until about 4:00pm.

Justice Barr released the jurors for the day after they presented a question to him, which he said he would retire to consider before returning on Wednesday morning.

During the four-week trial in the Darwin Supreme Court the jury was shown a number of recorded apparent confessions and last week Deacon took to the stand and admitted to killing Ms Sinclair.'

'The jury will continue deliberations on Wednesday.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-06/jury-verdict-on-deacon-to-stretch-into-third-day/7820482

Danny Deacon found guilty of murdering partner Carlie Sinclair
ABC News
By Steven Schubert
Updated Fri Sep 09 18:37:09 EST 2016
Posted Fri Sep 09 14:47:29 EST 2016

'Danny Jack Deacon has been found guilty of murdering his partner Carlie Sinclair in a majority decision by a jury in the Northern Territory Supreme Court.

The jury returned its guilty verdict after four days of deliberations.'

'The verdict came after Justice Peter Barr offered the jury the option of a majority, rather than a unanimous, decision.

Prosecutor Paul Usher said prosecutors would be seeking a sentence above the mandatory 20-year minimum for murder.

Defence barrister Jon Tippett QC indicated outside court that his client would be appealing against the court decision.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...-of-murdering-partner-carlie-sinclair/7808346

Murderer Danny Deacon described as 'pure evil' by victim's mother
ABC Nrws
By Steven Schubert
Wed Sep 14 16:11:51 EST 2016

'The mother of murder victim Carlie Sinclair has described her killer, Danny Deacon, as "pure evil".

Marlene Sinclair struggled to hold back tears as she read out her victim impact statement in the Supreme Court in Darwin on Wednesday morning during sentencing submissions.

"Carlie was given a life sentence and I hope that Danny Deacon receives the same," Mrs Sinclair told the court.'

'"She was absolutely dedicated to [my grandson], it was like they were joined at the hip," Mrs Sinclair said.

"It breaks my heart when [my grandson] says 'I miss mummy'."

The boy is now living with Carlie Sinclair's brother Kristian, and is looked after by his grandfather Robert Sinclair during the day.

Mrs Sinclair said she still dreams of her daughter and would never know what happened on the night she was killed.

"To lose a child in this way is the worst kind of torment I could possibly imagine," she said.

"What I'm living through is my worst nightmare. Now I just feel empty."'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...-of-murdering-partner-carlie-sinclair/7808346

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back