Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CC <modsnip> was VERY tired when she was found. I too wonder if he drugged her.

What is the feeling when you see his photo? Any feedback please?

I'll admit I'm not always good at judging people - I tend to give the benefit of doubt in case you haven't noticed :blushing: I can't apologise though for not always rushing to accuse or judge people.

That said - I don't get any sinister vibes from his pic. He looks a bit soft if anything, but you never know, do you?

kind face is the first feeling i get when looking at the photo.
but, looking again i get a creepy feel off it, like an undercurrent of something?

The guy broke into someone's house and kidnapped a child and kept her for over 2 days. That doesn't constitute a "soft" person.

His pic gives me the creeps.

If i saw him down the shops I wouldn't think anything, total Joe Schmoe.

And Ted Bundy was handsome, well liked and respected...

And Jeffrey Dahmer was quiet, shy and kind.

And BTK and John Wayne Gacy were well respected members of their communities for decades.

And I'm giving myself a self-imposed timeout. :blushing::seeya:

I remember in Hayley Owens' case, after the perp's picture, Craig Wood, was released, there were differing opinions here on WS on whether he looked creepy or not (he abducted and murdered Hayley; they found her body in a plastic tote in his basement). While many said they got a creepy vibe off his pic, I was more creeped out bc I didn't get a creepy vibe off his pic. He looked to me like every other hippy here in Colorado who probably enjoyed playing guitar to the Beatles. As it turned out, he was a guitar player in a bluegrass band, and of course, people that knew him were surprised that he did such a thing.

Also, as I've mentioned before, when Jessica Ridgeway's killer was "loose in the neighborhood" here, the scaaaaariest thing was looking at everyone wondering if that could be the killer. The thing is, you never really know. Yes, sometimes people's appearances, actions or demeanor scream "creep", but very often they do not. And that's what is sooooooo frightening. :( jmo

Why did she not cry out if this person has no family ties? Unless she was still asleep I guess but this so doesn't make any sense to me......

My kids sleep like the dead, honestly. You could pick them up with they're asleep, shout and yell, bang their heads on the doorframe (BY ACCIDENT WHEN YOU'RE MOVING THEM!) and they won't stir - they've always been like that - just very heavy sleepers. Perhaps this was the case? Or maybe he showed compassion (which is later said) and he was a kind, smiling face whispering to her.

Police think Kane acted alone and had no known links to the family, Inspector Bruce McNab says.

"Everything at this stage is indicating he acted alone, but the investigation is still ongoing," he said.

"We still have some lines of inquiry to follow out but at this stage we're not looking for a second offender.

"He was not known to the family and there's obviously a reason why he selected the family, but I don't really want to go into much more than that."

Kane used his court appearance to deny the charges.

During the hearing, Kane said he had been "tricked" by police.

Ms Sperling said Kane had been arrested in Maryborough, while on his way to New South Wales

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-...o-girls-disappearance-at-childers-qld/5393026
What does been 'tricked' mean? Or was it arrested/told to come in for the B&Es and then 'tricked' by asking him about CC?

By the photo's and footage of Childers I doubt they are the only family living like that. Why not feel sorry for another family, why this one? MOO

Here's my thought: Their house was an easy target. Feel like causing mischief (or a klepto? or drunk? or broke? or or or.....?) wander down some streets and, hello, an open window - with a car to get up on. I wonder what they have inside.
Oh, kids. Maybe CC woke up again? and he greeted her, maybe mum and dad were sleeping heavily (let's face it, some - errrrrr - "medication" could help with this) and she was feeling sick and miserable? Or maybe the other girls had taken over the mattress and she was left on the floor?
Maybe it appealed to his compassionate side suddenly and he had a moment of "that kid needs a bath and a cuddle" so he did - he bundled her up in her blanket (why not the others? because he was alone!) and took her home, cleaned her up - the police and media were huge, maybe he didn't think it was THAT big of a deal - panicked and kept her another day, not sure what to do, then dropped her back in darkness, went back home to pack his stuff? Or maybe she was crying for her parents and he didn't know what to do so he brought her back?

Maybe that's my own naivety playing in there. I have seen and know lots of kids who I'd LOVE to take home and shower, feed and cuddle, but the difference between me and a kidnapper is that I know you're just not allowed to do that!

Can a person be made to front up to court without legal representation? I found that a bit odd.

I wonder if the burglary charge would be regarding taking things from the tennis club? Perhaps even the break and enter charge??

Burglary charges come up so often in these cases. For instance, Kahlil Tatum and Relisha Rudd, to name one of many.

From the house in Ridgeway Street to the Childers tip on Nissens name is 2.5km.

I still can't ignore the fact that the mother of the abducted child said the child was "further out than that" ... and she was. She was taken 4km away - and out of town on a rural property.

I still can't ignore the fact that the mother of the abducted child said the child was "further out than that" ... and she was. She was taken 4km away - and out of town on a rural property.

Sorry, but I missed that story. In what context did she say that? ty

Another thought - perhaps CC <modsnip>was sleeping very soundly when he took her because her parents and their friends were up drinking until 1am. Poor little mite, she probably never got a good night's sleep since she had to wait for her parents to go to bed in order to be able to fall asleep in the living room.

So, did this "do gooder" ever report his concerns for this child's well being to any LE or child protective service? I just have a really hard time believing that any grown man who sneaks into a child's bedroom at night and abducts a child is doing goodness out of the kindess of his heart and is operating out of "concern for the child's well being".

And as others have mentioned, if the family didn't even know him, then how did he even know about what CC's living conditions were like to begin with?

Maybe I'm wrong; maybe he was trying to save this child from some sort of bad situation, but I highly doubt it. jmo

Again, I'm thankful he returned her. I will give him credit for that. (Is that what this has come down to? Crediting someone for not killing someone? I guess so when so many other abductions end in murders. He did the right thing. He returned her. That's so much more than other victims and families get.)

He may well be friends with the neighbours or may know someone wh has discussed the situation regarding CC's living arrangements. GC said more than once that it had to be someone who knew they would be sleeping in the lounge. Maybe one of GC friends had made a passing comment and he heard of it. i believe there is far more to this story than we are being told.

So, did this "do gooder" ever report his concerns for this child's well being to any LE or child protective service? I just have a really hard time believing that any grown man who sneaks into a child's bedroom at night and abducts a child is doing goodness out of the kindess of his heart and is operating out of "concern for the child's well being".

And as others have mentioned, if the family didn't even know him, then how did he even know about what CC's living conditions were like to begin with?

Maybe I'm wrong; maybe he was trying to save this child from some sort of bad situation, but I highly doubt it. jmo

Again, I'm thankful he returned her. I will give him credit for that. (Is that what this has come down to? Crediting someone for not killing someone? I guess so when so many other abductions end in murders. He did the right thing. He returned her.)

It makes sense if he has a form of mental illness. I don't think he was actually doing the right thing by any means, but if he is mentally ill he might have thought he was.

In regards to how would he know her conditions or where they lived, they all lived in the same small town, GC would have been well known simply because he goes to the pub. In a small town everyone knows everyone elses business, and where they live etc .. I know things I don't want to know about a lot of people I've never spoken to who live in my town, and there are plenty of people I've never talked to who know my business too. Example: when I moved here first, I had people stop me on the street and say 'oh you live at such and such's old house don't you, you got that cheap (judgementally, as if you stole it)' or 'I heard you <insert ridiculous rumour> and you should <insert suggested behavioural change>! There is plenty of gossip in towns like this, and most of it is done with a tone of 'something should be done' .. I can imagine someone with a mental illness thinking they should be the ones to 'act'.

I can totally believe this happening in a small town like Childers. Poor kid though, I mean she was really lucky here! I hope to god there is good therapy made available for her.

It's alleged this is where Eden James Kane brought the abducted 3yo. Rural property KMs from her home
@tennewsqld pic.twitter.com/Zmn9KF4tOy

(click for photo)

https://twitter.com/JonathanLea10/status/456265361097101313/photo/1

From this link:

BlT67aNCIAAljsq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online