Australia - Cecilia Haddad, 38, found deceased 29th April 2018 *arrest in Brazil*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ms Haddad's body was found by kayakers in the Lane Cove River near Angelo Street, Woolwich, about 10.15am on Sunday.
94e0eb076e1a891c9e919f8ddd8f1fd4.jpg

She lived about 10 minutes away from where her body was found.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...found-in-lane-cove-river-20180502-p4zcry.html
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not understanding how they think the keys were thrown at the Gladesville bridge either. How did the car get to West Ryde station?

CCTV? I am sure that they have some reason to think that they were thrown in a specific location. There are taxis that you can catch to the airport.

CCTV? I am sure that they have some reason to think that they were thrown in a specific location. There are taxis that you can catch to the airport.

I'm sure there is CCTV, but what I meant was wouldn't the perp have had to return to the bridge to throw the keys in after leaving the car parked at the station in the opposite direction?

I'm sure there is CCTV, but what I meant was wouldn't the perp have had to return to the bridge to throw the keys in after leaving the car parked at the station in the opposite direction?

Not if he took her car key off her keyring and threw the rest of her keys off the bridge. Maybe police found Cecilia’s car with her car key in the ignition?

How far away did he live from Cecilia?

Not if he took her car key off her keyring and threw the rest of her keys off the bridge. Maybe police found Cecilia’s car with her car key in the ignition?

Of course! Great thinking!! Not sure where he lived or even if he ever moved out. MSM only states that she had asked him to move, weather he actually did is another story...:thinking:

Good point. There must be some reason that they are looking there. Maybe they got phone pings? Or someone saw him. If I saw someone chucking keys off a bridge, I would be suspicious.

Of course! Great thinking!! Not sure where he lived or even if he ever moved out. MSM only states that she had asked him to move, weather he actually did is another story...:thinking:

You’re right, Morrisa, he may not have moved out.

I think he may have driven from the Lower North Shore, where Police said Cecilia’s body was put into the water, using the loop road that goes underneath Victoria Road at Huntley’s Point. He must’ve stopped there to dump Cecilia’s keys, rather than from the Gladesville Bridge’s arch. If he went via the bridge itself, he was taking the long way to West Ryde Station. He obviously didn’t known the route through the back streets of Ryde from the Hunters Hill Hotel either.

There’s another loop road under a bridge that goes over the Lane Cove River on Burns Bay Road between Hunters Hill and Linley Point. I wonder if that’s close to where Cecilia’s remains were placed in the water?

Good point. There must be some reason that they are looking there. Maybe they got phone pings? Or someone saw him. If I saw someone chucking keys off a bridge, I would be suspicious.

Wouldn’t be the first time phone pings have brought a suspected murderer undone. Someone may have seen him and Cecilia’s car.

There’s another loop road under a bridge that goes over the Lane Cove River on Burns Bay Road between Hunters Hill and Linley Point. I wonder if that’s close to where Cecilia’s remains were placed in the water?

Is this what your thinking or the eastern side?
651e39fffc7e889332e7f2a5a4c43761.jpg

This is the Drummoyne (East) side of the bridge.

2e145e360eb520a1104e3d608876f6fa.jpg

If he took a cab would it be possible for a passenger to peg something across the pedestrian walkway into the water and did the cabby witness it.

26aefd7b4f33df482ecb9dc6ad5c4f7f.jpg

Is this what your thinking or the eastern side?
cache.php

Yes this side, if he drove Cecilia’s car from where her remains were placed in the Lane Cove River. The loop road runs parallel to Huntleys Point Road. I think there’s some unused land directly under the pylons of the Gladesville Bridge from memory. He could’ve stopped the car, thrown the keys, jumped back in and been on his way. By the way, Cecilia lived in St Anne’s Street, Ryde, which is enroute from Huntleys Point to West Ryde Station.

This is the Drummoyne (East) side of the bridge.

cache.php

If he took a cab would it be possible for a passenger to peg something across the pedestrian walkway into the water and did the cabby witness it.

cache.php

I suppose so but he’d have been taking a risk that they didn’t end up on the footpath. I seem to remember there is (or was) a taxi rank at West Ryde Station.

I suppose so but he’d have been taking a risk that they didn’t end up on the footpath. I seem to remember there is (or was) a taxi rank at West Ryde Station.

The cab rank is on West Parade, same location as the buses.
da6ec2f439e03c48c6bb45a80ab6d900.jpg

Looking here I’m thinking Cecilia’s car was found in the carpark, (RHS of stn) if so then he must have walked up and through the station and then out towards the cabs and buses. Good CCTV footage throughout I’m sure.
f5fac21243543736c68b0639f173dd01.jpg

The cab rank is on West Parade, same location as the buses.
cache.php

Looking here I’m thinking Cecilia’s car was found in the carpark, (RHS of stn) if so then he must have walked up and through the station and then out towards the cabs and buses. Good CCTV footage throughout I’m sure.
cache.php

I think you’re right about the car park. Thank God for CCTV.

I think you’re right about the car park. Thank God for CCTV.

I used to believe cameras were big brother up to no good until Jill Meagher.
The buses have ALL angles of cameras so if there was a bus parked and he walked past he would have been captured.

But why didn’t he chuck the keys somewhere around the station? Maybe he wanted to make sure he had a ride before ditching them.

I used to believe cameras were big brother up to no good until Jill Meagher.
The buses have ALL angles of cameras so if there was a bus parked and he walked past he would have been captured.

But why didn’t he chuck the keys somewhere around the station? Maybe he wanted to make sure he had a ride before ditching them.

Yes, me too. If they save one life, or put one violent criminal away, they’re worth it.

God only knows why alleged murderers do the things they do. It beats me.

Article in The Australian which I can't link as it is paywalled, claims Cecilia had weights in her cargo pants pockets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back