Deceased/Not Found Australia - Cheryl Grimmer, 3, Fairy Meadow Beach, NSW, 12 Jan 1970

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Realistically, is it even possible for a 3 year old toddler to walk 3 kilometers (just short of two miles)? And if so or if not, how is it possible that nobody seems to have witnessed the boy walking with her or carrying her when he was taking her to the site where he would kill her, 3 kms away?

In never before-heard detail of the way Grimmer is alleged to have been killed, the court heard that after hiding in the drain, the man walked towards the suburb of Balgownie – about 3km away – where he was “intending to have sexual intercourse with her”.

Appearing via an audiovisual link from Silverwater prison where he has been in custody since March last year, the accused man inhaled sharply and said “bullsh!t” when Beljic revealed that detail.

Cheryl Grimmer's accused killer intended to rape her first, court told
i'm under the impression that he escaped from a detention centre . So he must have returned home , i take it , it was Balgownie. I would really like to find out more about this guy. Was his mother alive? and was there a car he could had borrowed?. All interesting, important facts that i am short of.

Realistically, is it even possible for a 3 year old toddler to walk 3 kilometers (just short of two miles)? And if so or if not, how is it possible that nobody seems to have witnessed the boy walking with her or carrying her when he was taking her to the site where he would kill her, 3 kms away?

In never before-heard detail of the way Grimmer is alleged to have been killed, the court heard that after hiding in the drain, the man walked towards the suburb of Balgownie – about 3km away – where he was “intending to have sexual intercourse with her”.

Appearing via an audiovisual link from Silverwater prison where he has been in custody since March last year, the accused man inhaled sharply and said “bullsh!t” when Beljic revealed that detail.

I'm under the impression that the suspect escaped from a detention centre 160km away. So i take it he resided in Balgownie..It would be interesting to know if his mother was still alive at the time. Also if he had access to a vehicle. This would be a great starting point.

I'm under the impression that the suspect escaped from a detention centre 160km away. So i take it he resided in Balgownie..It would be interesting to know if his mother was still alive at the time. Also if he had access to a vehicle. This would be a great starting point.

that brother mustve lived a terrible life after. Im saddened by that.

Just to know tht man who confessed was just near by w Cheryl.

just to know people always just sit n watch things happen without questioning people, how do u watch a young boy grab a naked young girl n run off and not think something isnt right!

i dont know. Even now people record others gettin hurt and just record and laugh, wo helping.

Reactions: Hap
What's the deal with witness in this article Peter Goodyear (described as a "hostel resident" ) who described a man of southern European appearance grabbing a child and making off with her in a car.
In light of the recent arrest his story appears rather strange. It was very detailed. Hmmm. Thinking.

The disappearance of Cheryl Grimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly.

Then his family move to Papua New Guinea shortly afterwards.
Almost a Toyah Cordingley P.O.I situation except he (Singh) left his family behind. MOO

I think a much shorter distance--less than a kilometre. The hostel appears to be between Squires Way and Montague Street, partly adjoining Bourke Street.

It seems from the NRMA map that Balgownie was a general locality name, not just the name of the hostel.
I'm from the region and Balgownie is at least a 20 min walk from Fairy Meadow beach if not more.

I looked into this case recently and discovered that the Balgownie migrant hostel was not actually in Balgownie, it was where the University Science Centre is today, STRAIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE BEACH CHERYL DISAPPEARED FROM. A two minute walk.

Furthermore, the military/Army used to conduct training days in one of the hostel buildings. Remember the teenage boy witness mentioned seeing a man in a floppy hat like military style?
Cheryl's father was in the military and lived in that hostel.

Ok so you know the hostel right? Well it was made up of several buildings called Nissen huts, named after the man who designed them.
Well, it turns out that the company that provided the steel to build them is the same company Peter Goodyear worked for in Australia, John Lysaght.

John Lysaght Company started in Bristol, Britain. The town the Grimmers migrated to Australia from.

Does anyone else find it a coincidence that Ricki Grimmer changed his name to Ricki Nash because he had a different father to Cheryl and the other 2 brothers and that the accused whose identity was suppressed changed his name too?

And that the article talking about that Jessop man mentioned a woman who had a son to him and said he shared none of his father's genes?

And that being absent from the Mt Penang boys home could mean the suspect was yet to attend? As in his name wasn't on the books because he didn't reside there at the time, but went there later in time?

The first two questions are just me drawing parallels between details to emphasise the uncanny similarities that occur in cases but the third paragraph is a good one to ponder.

Why was Cheryl's hair cut short to look like her brothers?

Exactly.

Then his family move to Papua New Guinea shortly afterwards.
Almost a Toyah Cordingley P.O.I situation except he (Singh) left his family behind. MOO
I just finished watching the 60 mins episode on the case, there seems to be conflicting information within the news articles and the Grimmer brothers stories.
Ricki said Cheryl was in the ladies showers so he was reluctant to go in there being a boy but the article WordPress presents says the men's showers were the last place Cheryl was seen.

"We always live with the hope that somebody one day … that knows something comes forward and does the right thing and tells police what they know," says brother Ricki Nash, who was the last family member to see Cheryl alive. "And as I have said over the years, you can't hide this. Somebody knows the truth."

f8c45caf25217edd7af4cfcf5a5beecd

Despite extensive searches near Fairy Meadow beach over the years, no trace of Cheryl Grimmer has been found.

NSW Police continue to investigate the crime, but the urgency has faded.
"The investigation into the disappearance of Cheryl Grimmer remains under the responsibility of the Homicide Squad's Unsolved Homicide Unit," a police statement said.
"A $1 million reward for information that leads to the recovery of Cheryl's body, and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, remains in place."

Episodes 1 and 2 of the podcast 'Fairy Meadow' are available on BBC Sounds or from wherever you get your podcasts, with new episodes every Wednesday.

'Somebody knows the truth': Family's plea for answers on anniversary of toddler's kidnap

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14
Back