Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a familial link it could be his parents, kid? Or sister. What do we know about the sister.

I'd also love to know how he met is wives. Would be a head spin if it was from a club or pub.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

maybe an online dating service given he was IT orientated

24 hours to weeks or months or never. It all depends on the person at the other end of the phone at Crimestoppers. They are not police. It all depends on their perception of what you tell them and then how they choose to stream it through the Police Intell Unit. Have you considered sending a report through Crimestoppers email system ?
Crimestoppers wa is manned by coppers. I believe Queensland have a call centre manned by people who answer calls for several different departments....I don't think that is a good system but maybe I am wrong? Anyone know for sure?

Crime Stoppers wa website says: "The call centre hotline is operated by the WA Police".

No, they'd obviously be completely unaware who BRE's counsel is.

what i wrote was tongue in cheek. DPP will want to make sure that every 'i' is dotted and every 't' is crossed because the defense counsel knows his stuff.

Crimestoppers wa is manned by coppers. I believe Queensland have a call centre manned by people who answer calls for several different departments....I don't think that is a good system but maybe I am wrong? Anyone know for sure?

Crime Stoppers wa website says: "The call centre hotline is operated by the WA Police".

they are uncommissioned employees and are not commissioned officers that man Crimestoppers.

info came from The Australian, final para in the article below:

Next came the technique sometimes called “familial DNA” where police look for people who are closely related to a suspected offender.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

I think after too many visits from one ISP, there is a paywall so hope the link works for you. Not mentioned anywhere else as far as I know, so maybe it's not to be trusted, like all media ;)

Thank you Agatha.

This was interesting reading also, if BRE is the man, well he certainly fits the bill of appearing above reproach and yet, hides a sickening dark life of rape and murder.

Mr Edwards’s former state MP Eric Ripper recalls meeting the couple at functions for community volunteers about three times a year, including at Christmas drinks in his electoral office to say thanks to those who gave their time for children’s sport, the disabled and the elderly.
In 2013, it was Mr Ripper’s duty to award Mr Edwards a service medal for 10 years at Kewdale Little Athletics.
“I am deeply shocked, as I’m sure everyone in Belmont is,” Mr Ripper said yesterday.
In October 2008, federal *Liberal MP Steve Irons praised *Mr Edwards in a speech that *acknowledged the work of volunteer sports administrators in his Perth electorate. “The (Kewdale Little Athletics) chairperson, Bradley Edwards, heads up a fantastic committee and a hardworking group of volunteers,” Mr Irons said.
“As we know, without volunteers, sporting clubs and competitions like this would not exist.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/f34913420ecf0edf1a4b991994f8254d

a few years ago about 2013 on the anniversary of Sarah Spiers' abduction WAPOL put out a press release about the new DNA discovery technology they had access to. It said something like they could discover DNA 1 millionth the size of a grain of sand. Always considered that WAPOL had ulterior motive announcing that information on the anniversary date and it is only one of the very few announcements about such things they have ever made. wish I could find a copy !

Think this was what the article I referred to above was referring to but the initial article was published on 26 January. The article in the supplied link details that Pathwest had been using the new technology for 12 months. below article dated 16 May 2014. and for you tech gurus the 2nd link below is the manual for the Powerplex 21. and the 3rd link is a document referred to in the 2nd link

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/wa-police-use-new-powerplex-21-dna-test-to-review-cold-cases/news-story/8f519ed9600a892e252080c1ffbd9926

https://www.promega.com/-/media/files/resources/protocols/technical-manuals/101/powerplex-21-system-protocol.pdf

[url]https://www.promega.com/-/media/files/resources/validation-guides/internal-validation-of-autosomal-str-systems.pdf?la=en

[/URL]

I might try that too, thanks. And any knowledge on how long it would take them to dig up a files from 20 years ago from a suburban police station? It wasnt all computerised at the time, was manual paperwork...but would think it could be pulled in a day if they were interested, right?

Someone the other day mentioned an ignore button... I can't find it. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

I might try that too, thanks. And any knowledge on how long it would take them to dig up a files from 20 years ago from a suburban police station? It wasnt all computerised at the time, was manual paperwork...but would think it could be pulled in a day if they were interested, right?

are you attempting to obtain something on the file or will you be referring to such file. I would suggest if you decide to email you put as much information in your submission as you possibly can. if you spoke with someone their name and rank if you have detail. the station they they were situated at and any other detail. the file will be held in the archives and could take a while to locate. when you make your submission request verification correspondence that your submission is received. don't forget to include your phone contact details and full name. written submission are treated with the same confidentiality process as voice submissions. you can request a file reference number which would be used for any contact made by yourself to WAPOL or to you from WAPOL. In that situation you name is not recorded on file and you will be referred to by the reference number.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/make-a-report/

If you are attempting to obtain information from the file your request needs to go through the Freedom of Information process (FOI). Let me know if you require information on that process.

That is Crime Stoppers wa Ltd which is a charity. Crime stoppers call centre is run by wa police with coppers. They are seperate.
C

Crimestoppers in every State is funded and run by that State's Crimestoppers organization through their partnerships (money raising). It is not funded by the State (contrary to popular belief). Crimestoppers fund the police officer wages and call centre operations etc etc etc. It is not just a charity as you have inferred. The link I provided has all the detail.

C

Crimestoppers in every State is funded and run by that State's Crimestoppers organization through their partnerships (money raising). It is not funded by the State (contrary to popular belief). Crimestoppers fund the police officer wages and call centre operations etc etc etc. It is not just a charity as you have inferred. The link I provided has all the detail.
They used to get money from the state, but as with everything it has been cut back but does no effect the call centre. The call centre is funded by and run by wa police with coppers. I spoke to one there a few months back. If he lied he could be charged with impersonating a copper!!

WA police have both civilian and sworn officers. All are considered part of WA police.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members