Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy was charged and found guilty wasn't he? If we're talking about the same case? Are we talking about the same case? Mid 80s media personality who lived in a unit right near Cott beach and was a pedo? Lured boys with playboy mags, surfing vids, alcohol and weed?

Yes same bloke

Apologies for vagueness; am appreciating its a minefield the more I read. I am referring to such file of a few events from 1997 which I think now, in light of December revelations, should be considered and could be useful. Wasn't previously linked in anyway due to geography.

I provided the name of the Detective but I was told he has since retired. This was only on the phone though (and naively didnt take a name or reference number). I will email perhaps and include more detail.

Appreciate the advice.

The following article is worthy of some consideration

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/lawreport/social-media-and-the-law/

A number of recent cases in Australia and internationally have highlighted the ability for comments and interactions on social media to affect trials, sentencing and even see whole juries disbarred.
The article mentions nothing at all about random every day people posting/discussing cases and instead focuses on people actually involved in the case.
"Legal experts are warning that social media is no place for judges, juries or defendants."

There isn't much that we have discussed here that has not already been reported in news articles or on TV, I just can't see anything written on this forum compromising the court case considering the newspapers and TV news covering the same stuff reaches an audience of millions more than this web site does.

That is NSW. I thought we are talking about WA as this is a CSK link!! What relevance is that?

it is about as much relevance if not more as who answers the calls at crime stoppers is to BRE being charged as the CSK.

So lets presume for the sake of argument (notwithstanding legal process) that BRE is the man. ie the sleuthing to find the CSK is complete - thus no real need to keep turning over old ground.

Lets turn our attention to where SS might be.

Lets also remember that very few things in life are "indisputable facts" and that most things are balance of probabilities. So keeping probability in mind...

Probability would indicate he was initially "just" a rapist. He (via the DNA) has demonstrated that he has been "happy" to let a victim go (post rape) ie KK victim. There has been no indication that she escaped. All reporting is that she was let go. If he were a "murderer" / full blown SK why does he let the first one go??

Probability is that SS was a blitz due to the fact that she had called a cab - therefore improbable that she would just grab a lift (within 8 minutes) - also probably not completely falling over drunk as she still had the wherewithal to make the call. A drunk(er) person would probably have hoped to flag a cab down (rather than call), and therefore more likely to accept a lift.

SS was a country kid (father a shearer) and not super petite so she was probably reasonably strong. So BRE grabs her for the purpose of a rape. She fights back a little too well and he then goes over the top and kills her. ie the death is in all probability an accident, and not the primary purpose of the (likely) blitz. Now he has a problem. He has a dead body he needs to get rid of and he is probably pretty panicked, because a "simple" rape that he has done before with success has now gone massively pear shaped. Where do you go and what do you fall back on?

I think in that "stressful" situation probability dictates you fall back on places that you know, but aren't stupidly obvious and problematic (like ones actual backyard). To that end I think you get rid of the body in a place you are deeply familiar with rather than some random place that you likely know less well (eg Eglington and Wellard).

So where is the highest probability place that you know well, that is not as stupid as a backyard, that is suitable for the concealment of a body?

The bushland opposite your parents old place. You would know it like the back of you hand as you probably spent plenty of time in there as a younger kid / man. It is far enough away from your current place (Fountain Way) so as not to be completely obvious (in the same way that there is almost no chance she is in any of the backyards.)

As you can see by the wider view of the attached images (historic from Feb 95 - note north of the map is primarily residential housing in 95 hence not included) it was the heaviest piece of vegetation in the area (other area might be over near corner of Warton and Ranford Roads - Rectangle). I doubt you would use the less vegetated areas as I can't imagine you want someone to drive past and see you with a shovel at 3:30 am. You need the concealment of the vegetation.

The overlay of the map shows where the houses currently are. I don't think she would be under the small northern bit that has been redeveloped as that was done ~2000 and also may have been a little too close to the neighbour with the vineyard / plantation.

So the question is why aren't the cops all over this patch of dirt???

It is a comparatively small (inexpensive to search) piece of ground. It has to be the most probable place for SS to be and even if it turns out she isn't there surely the cost benefit has to be worth a crack. PR win for WAPOL would be massive and would reduce any bargaining for a reduced sentence if they find her without a confession.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 95 with overlay.jpg
    95 with overlay.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 383
  • 1995 broad.jpg
    1995 broad.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 389
Apologies for vagueness; am appreciating its a minefield the more I read. I am referring to such file of a few events from 1997 which I think now, in light of December revelations, should be considered and could be useful. Wasn't previously linked in anyway due to geography.

I provided the name of the Detective but I was told he has since retired. This was only on the phone though (and naively didnt take a name or reference number). I will email perhaps and include more detail.

Appreciate the advice.
If you feel you have something worth while sharing then keep persisting, as frustrating as it may feel if what you have to say is important then someone needs to hear it.

Awesome first post @ Yoillsolveit! and that theory makes perfect sense, the out come of murder occurred in one of two ways, it was intentional and he set out to commit murder, or as you have suggested it was an accident due to a rape gone awry. If murder was his intention and she is his first victim then she is special to him, if she died by accident then he is scared, but either way he would be panicked and definitely looking for somewhere familiar to conceal the body. I think you have provided more than a logical scenario of where SS could be.

This is why is was a shame Parkie turned out to be such an attention seeker, he was a fan of bush walking locations in an attempt to find SS he could have provided "eyes on the ground" so to speak.

Like you said the cost of searching the area by police would be so low, a few cops and a cadaver dog and away you go! unfortunately in 20 years a major component lacking by the police in this case has been logic.

Call takers are ALL sworn officers.
[FONT=&quot]This means that Crime Stoppers WA operates independently from the WA Police, and works in cooperation with all the other State Crime Stoppers bodies that comprise CSA. Each State or Territory body is represented on the Board of Directors of CSA.

sourced direct from the crime stoppers WA website. [/FONT]
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/about-us/how-crime-stoppers-operates/

For any disagreement on whether JR went to school at Hollywood Senior High School (Shenton Park), here's the proof that she did go there at some point.
This week post on Facebook 3 January 2017, 11:56pm that pretty much confirms it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2241761504/permalink/10154849605866505/

Noting that one of the entrances to Hollywood Senior High School (now demolished) is directly across the road (Smythe Road) from the back of Karrakatta Cemetery.

She definitely went there - she was in my sister-in-law's class

From the WA Crimestoppers website

[h=3]TWO WAYS TO PLAY YOUR PART[/h][FONT=&quot]Crime Stoppers in WA operates in two ways:[/FONT]

• The WA Police Crime Stoppers call centre
    This is where you can call specially trained police officers who prepare intelligence reports based on the information you provide.
  • Crime Stoppers WA Ltd website
    We provide online crime report forms in this website for you to complete. Police intelligence reports are compiled from the information you supply in the completed forms.
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/about-us/who-we-are/

WHAT CRIME STOPPERS DOESN’T DO

• We don’t provide legal advice
  • We can’t provide feedback about individual investigations
  • We don’t investigate matters reported to us (this is done by the WA Police)
  • We don’t accept calls from people who are abusive or intoxicated
  • We don’t take reports from members of the public for ‘over-the-counter’ matters normally dealt with at police stations
  • We don’t dispatch police vehicles to crime scenes.
I find it hard to believe they would dispatch 5 vehicles to go see frankie within 5 minutes of his report but won't dispatch a single vehicle to a crime scene.

Considering BE only has one friend left on FB one would assume he doesn't have many friends that believe he is innocent.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that may not be the case.
i 'm certain that all acquainted would be shocked beyond words as a result of the recent announcement.

Since that time, we've been made privy to everything, including actual screenshots of fb posts found by eager sleuths who, without thinking twice, are prepared to broadcast any content they're able to find.

IMO, it's very likely that some of BRE's fb "friends" may have deleted him - or may have even deactivated their own accounts - simply to avoid being "fb stalked" by association.

[[ in accordance with the policy of this forum,
i have only one username - i am BReVeTTe[emoji887] ]]

From the WA Crimestoppers website

[h=3]TWO WAYS TO PLAY YOUR PART[/h][FONT=&quot]Crime Stoppers in WA operates in two ways:[/FONT]

• The WA Police Crime Stoppers call centre
    This is where you can call specially trained police officers who prepare intelligence reports based on the information you provide.
  • Crime Stoppers WA Ltd website
    We provide online crime report forms in this website for you to complete. Police intelligence reports are compiled from the information you supply in the completed forms.
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/about-us/who-we-are/
Thank you ☺

Yoillsolveit, are you a perth local? if so have you ever taken a drive and looked around the area yourself?

Well here's hoping they are monitoring us and get cracking.

In WAPOLs defence most people don't understand probability (eg lotto, insurance, fear of terrorism) and get distracted by sexy narratives, thus after focusing heavily on the family and any trusted circle types to start with, and then excluding them if they are clear, you really just focus on punters / and cases that are similar or slightly lower in severity (as presumably crims don't de-escalate their crimes).

I am by no means saying their job is easy but I think if you just keep it boring and focus on the highest probability causal / related factors then sure you might miss the real left field stuff but you should on balance solve things more quickly and more successfully.

I totally agree. ...... i reckon he was a person of interest or suspect on the 88' case. Either a neighbour or someone of interest during enquires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13