Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is evidence based assumption, so its much more likely to be correct, assuming BRE was on the radar they either had no Idea about EE until people starting digging around(scary but possible based on past mistakes) or really he has only been on the radar for a short period of time i.e. 12 months max.

I think they knew about her but to speak to her any earlier than the arrest would have meant BE was likely to get advance warning they were on to him. I think they wanted to take him by surprise.

Could I make a suggestion to the posters of this forum...

Don't quote people when the quote is bloody huge...It makes for horrible reading.

Instead start with their user name and bold it if you must...

If you have called a taxi and you are a nice sweet girl like SS was, you wait for it I think. You don’t take a lift, makes me think blitz.
Agreed.
I think SS and CG were blitz attacks. JR may well have willingly left with CSK.
Also read no evidence of sexual assault with CG which I thought had to be nonsense at the time...could have been true though. CG was more aware the streets were dangerous due to the previous disappearances and would have put up a hell of a fight when she was ambushed. CSK may have got quite angered by this and might have had to shut her up quick.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That's why I thought he may have used the work van, as in the alleged Karakatta rape IIRC. Easy enough to covertly bundle a victim into one and a legitimate reason for it to be alongside a payphone. Also easy access to tools and/or restraints that could have the appearance of being used legitimately in the course of one's employment.

I'm sure people would have noticed a work van around the vicinity of this time and I don't recall that ever being brought up so I think highly unlikely he was doing it this way.

Agree.

As to the suggestion they have had BE on their list of possible suspects, I doubt it because according to the reports they have spoken with EE 'several times' THIS WEEK past. I would have thought if BE was on their list they would already have asked his wife at the time his whereabouts on the nights the victims disappeared.

And if so, not a very encouraging indication that WAPOL have improved.

I was referring to being a suspect in the 1988 case. He wasn't with EE then and they had already separated when they connected DNA evidence from this to 1995 and CG so wouldn't be speaking to EE about this.

Could I make a suggestion to the posters of this forum...

Don't quote people when the quote is bloody huge...It makes for horrible reading.

Instead start with their user name and bold it if you must...

The quote box is important to show so the response is shown in context.

The main issue is posters are not reading past posts and going over old ground over and over..

JUBILEE <===did you see this

Yes the small quotes are fine, however I was talking about the massive quotes. Totally unnecessary to post those.

Totally agree here...take 20 years off him, he would have been my type back then when I was 20 and going out and single.... throw some charm in...and it's actually quite scary knowing how "normal" he looks.....
Really? To me in the pic with CG he just looks downright creepy. Those eyes...

Everyone to their own I guess. Not sure where the pic was but there's one I've seen with him wearing a red turtle neck. Easy to say in hindsight but it looked like trusting him would be like trusting a rat to mind a piece of cheese for another rat.

Not as a 48 year old but as a 28 year old....

I've spoken to three separate senior lawyers in Perth, who all told me the only reason people would be saying this is to assist in BRE’s appearance of innocence.
They laughed when I suggested someone had said they were going to defend him for free.

Huh? Are you saying SVD is spreading the rumour is he doing it for free to help Be’s defence? Complete twaddle

Why would he? He doesn't need to advertise for briefs by doing anything pro bono. And discussing it is probably an exercise in irrelevance, except for satisfying the gossips.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Reading some of these posts how bad a job the legal system does at explaining how it works. Lawyers, even the best, are not magic-dispensing wizards a la Lord of the Rings - they can really only exploit screw ups and chinks left in the case by the prosecution. If the evidence is solid, there is very little even a $20k per day silk can do. Oh, and very few silks are actually worth the - usually - $5k per day they would generally charge. And, I can’t recall a serious criminal ever being acquitted on a ‘technicality’ in the sense of something quite innocuous - judges have, and exercise frequently, powers to admit evidence which is unlawfully obtained, for example. A lot of this commentary has a bit of a ‘John Grisham’ flavour to it IMHO

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened in a high profile matter, but there is no need to. A Legal Aid Grant will be negotiated which will be satisfactory to all Parties. Anything less than reasonably funded Defence opens doors to possible Appeals. Don't be surprised if BRE sacks a Defence Team or two during the process in an attempt to derail the process. Roosters like this bloke always consider themselves smarter than everyone else. He would be a nightmare to defend

They aren’t negotiated, they are prescribed in advance.

They aren&#8217;t negotiated, they are prescribed in advance.

Not quite true. The Legal Aid Grant amounts in the Ivan Milat matter in NSW were the subject of much debate and negotiation. Milat actually found himself unrepresented at one point because Martin QC and the Legal Aid Commission couldn't agree on the fee to be paid. It was negotiated and an appropriate fee was agreed on.
http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/Infor...Pages/CostRules.aspx#payment_for_exceptional_
work

Application of Schedule 1 - assigned practitioners

Where the fees set out in Schedule 1 designate a range between a minimum and maximum fee, the fee payable to an assigned practitioner shall be an amount within the range as approved.
Where the fees set out in Schedule 1 do not designate a range between a minimum and maximum fee, the fee specified is the maximum fee and in determining the fee payable to an assigned practitioner, the Director, an authorized officer or the committee shall consider all relevant factors including -

aa. rule 9 of the Legal Aid Commission Rules 1990;

a. time spent in rendering the service;

b. the complexity of the service;

c. the seniority of the practitioner;

d. the jurisdiction in which the service is provided; and

e. the number of assisted persons represented by the practitioner at the same time.

[Rule 4 amended in Gazette 30 October 1992 p.5333.]

Agree with these ideas CP. The thought that he was stealing knickers off washing lines and lurking around doing a bit of peeking in windows from a young age, and was sprung and had a talking to from the police, would be very plausible. I was thinking too that maybe his Bogsy nickname was because he hung around the girls bog at school doing a bit of spying and was caught by a teacher??

Thanks for the clear up, i did a search beforehand but wasn't able to find anything sorry.

You don't have anything to apologise for Klutch - rehashing things over and over with different posters is how Websleuths works. And it certainly isn't complusory for newcomers to have read every previous post in every thread - especially in a case that has gone on for years. I have read all every thread over the years and that has been no mean feat - lots of very bizarre theories and rants that have gone on for pages, which have been really hard to read and try to follow. I definitely haven't ever tried to commit every discussion to memory, and I can't even imagine trying to trawl through all of the strange ravings again now.
Ask questions and post away as you like I reckon - it's not up to any of us posters to dismiss anyone's ideas or theories out of hand (especially without links to prove otherwise), and definitely not just because they've already been discussed before on some previous thread months or even years ago.

BE doesn't have a biological daughter that I know of, only a stepdaughter for a start and I am quite sure that there's no way without a warrant, forensics would be allowed anywhere near any womans pap smear.
Just on the speculation of how the police obtained the familial DNA that seems to have brought down bre, do we know that it was obtained from his brother or is this just speculation at this stage? Was reading about the BTK killer... They got a sample of his familial DNA from his daughters pap smear.

d03de12d9a2d64d443d370693782d7df.jpg

I'd have to see a 20 year old BE to know for sure..but from the pics from recent years...he looks so devious and creepy . The smile doesnt reach the eyes at all in any of the pics.

d03de12d9a2d64d443d370693782d7df.jpg

I'd have to see a 20 year old BE to know for sure..but from the pics from recent years...he looks so devious and creepy . The smile doesnt reach the eyes at all in any of the pics.

Yup, exactly. I'd be interested to see a good quality pic of him when younger but based on more current pics I'd avoid him like the plague .

I believe the brother may have been picked up on an unrelated charge, maybe drunk driving or something and he's given his DNA. They got a hit on it. That seems to make sense
Do you have any ideas how they would do this and not to make it suspicious? You are not obliged to give a DNA sample without court order (I think) or they must request it from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper