Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a long shot, but just wondering, considering his electrical background, if BE was contracted to install the CCTV's at C Hotel as well as to do regular maintenance on them. It would make sense that he knew which way to angle camera's how long each of them filmed an area as well as access to edit/change footage.

While I don't doubt that the police have made mistakes in the past I can't understand why people can't accept the perfectly logical sequence of events that they laid out to explain how they made the connection between the crimes. There is a massive amount of evidence sitting in storage which has never been tested. Even though we've had DNA testing for some time now it was slow and also expensive. Police could not possibly have been expected to test the backlog of evidence for crimes in the last 30 or so years. As the testing has become more affordable and quicker the police have had been making an effort to test old evidence in order to close cold cases. As such, after sitting there since 1988 the kimono was tested and police got lucky. They found a match which opened further investigative opportunities. If they found the person who climbed in the window that night in 1988 in huntingdale they had the killer. Now we can all summise and guess how they linked BE to this crime but it would have been a relatively small suspect pool. Maybe they suspected him but had no evidence until the DNA. Quite possibly he'd been sprung in the area as a juvenile taking knickers off a clothes line and given a slap on the wrist but had no official record. Maybe he was known in local circles as being a weirdo and after all these years when someone was questioned about the attack they dropped his name. Unless someone in the know posts here I guess we will find out in court.

The connection between the KK and CG case was made much later too as DNA testing methods improved. They worked hard to solve the KK case for the same reason with a team of 12 but couldn't crack it.

Excellent deductions CP – some voyeuristic tendency might also neatly explain HS nickname of BE?

Gawd, he was working on a story about the wife that he's under her thumb. What a good cover. *******!
Wasn't his first wife also described this way though ? I know I read it on here somewhere from someone whose gf got a lift with her and BE
It surprised me tbh as he seems more the got to be in control type yet both his wives have been described as being basically strong and domineering.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think you have mashed two events into one there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you're right - my apologies. I'm not sure where I got that car park story from?

Yes you're right - my apologies. I'm not sure where I got that car park story from?

1989 reported .
cott hotel / lakeway drive in attempted sexual assualt

1989 reported .
cott hotel / lakeway drive in attempted sexual assualt

Yes thank you. I've attached a copy of the article I was referring to
fb1838f88fbc735a0ad80119f79baccb.jpg
62d2643077c0c75b55f3768f3c0f990a.png
so I didn't think I was going crazy!

I think BE started off with stealing womens clothes off washing lines.
Maybe one night someone left their curtains open so he started watching them...he probably snuck around peeping in windows a bit,maybe stealing clothes he'd seen them previously wearing off the line and going home and fantasizing. ..after a bit the fantasies werent enough so he started breaking in and attacking women.
That got too risky as he wasn't entirely in control of what happens in their homes so he starts abducting off the streets and taking them to isolated areas he already knows well.
His first murder may not have even been intentional-just got too rough or perhaps the victim was not cooperative enough...then he just kept killing after that. No witnesses left behind to tell anything to anyone...plus it was the ultimate power and control over anyone a person can have.

I think theres too many coincidences with JR and CGs disappearances for him not to have been involved with SS.
I'm guessing he put more effort in to hiding her as it was probably his first murder and maybe not even his intention to kill that night. After he wasn't caught for that, he didnt put as much effort in to hiding his victims.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I want to go back to the most ridiculous thing I think I have read on here, someone said SvD was going to work pro bono on this case.
Nobody really believes that, do they?

I want to go back to the most ridiculous thing I think I have read on here, someone said SvD was going to work pro bono on this case.

Don't know but if the evidence in court makes BE look as guilty as sin and this guy gets him off on a technicality he'll need plenty of money for security!

Why would he? He doesn't need to advertise for briefs by doing anything pro bono. And discussing it is probably an exercise in irrelevance, except for satisfying the gossips.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

You know when I saw the first pic of BE my first thought was that he could have been a very good looking young man - tall, dark and handsome as they say.
Then I got to thinking he's some kind of flawed character that has to blitz girls to get them into his car.
But it has just come to me that he was charming enough to 'marry' twice. We all talk about "he was married at that time" or "his wife might have said.." but think about all the effort it takes to meet a woman, go out with her, get engaged and marry, buy a house together, get her to trust you enough to bring up her child... I'm starting to think he must have been Prince Charming!

And I think we are forgetting why the girls were out... to meet boys!!! Not specifically like I'm going out tonight to meet the man of my dreams but more like there's that cute guy again, he was here last week, oh he's smiling at me, maybe he's the one, I hope I see him next week, he might ask me out...

Agree. I doubt any self-respecting serial killer would abduct his victims using a work car, with 'Telecom' on the side, and which was GPS'd.

Also, I don't buy the 'mastermind' theme of the CSK: To have 2/3 (at least) bodies actually discovered, in a State like WA, is either laziness or hastiness. This was not thought through. Probability is that it was a fairly spontaneous thing -he hadn't.t thought through what he was going to do after. It was primarily a sex attack, and the victims were murdered to obviate identification ...

That's what I think also. Obviously classed as a serial killer but I don't think he has any of those crazy psychological traits, I don't think where the bodies were dumped means anything. I think he took the girls to rape them and killing them was just a means to not get caught. Just my opinion.

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened in a high profile matter, but there is no need to. A Legal Aid Grant will be negotiated which will be satisfactory to all Parties. Anything less than reasonably funded Defence opens doors to possible Appeals. Don't be surprised if BRE sacks a Defence Team or two during the process in an attempt to derail the process. Roosters like this bloke always consider themselves smarter than everyone else. He would be a nightmare to defend

You know when I saw the first pic of BE my first thought was that he could have been a very good looking young man - tall, dark and handsome as they say.
Then I got to thinking he's some kind of flawed character that has to blitz girls to get them into his car.
But it has just come to me that he was charming enough to 'marry' twice. We all talk about "he was married at that time" or "his wife might have said.." but think about all the effort it takes to meet a woman, go out with her, get engaged and marry, buy a house together, get her to trust you enough to bring up her child... I'm starting to think he must have been Prince Charming!

And I think we are forgetting why the girls were out... to meet boys!!! Not specifically like I'm going out tonight to meet the man of my dreams but more like there's that cute guy again, he was here last week, oh he's smiling at me, maybe he's the one, I hope I see him next week, he might ask me out...

Totally agree here...take 20 years off him, he would have been my type back then when I was 20 and going out and single.... throw some charm in...and it's actually quite scary knowing how "normal" he looks.....

This theory, and similar versions of it, have been well explored in earlier versions of this thread.

I'm not a big fan of it, even though it sounds quite plausible. In at least one of the abductions, the victim actually did make a call, from a pay phone, to a taxi which turned up 8 minutes later to collect her. But she'd vanished.

I think risking being seen like that would have been too much for him. There were places to hide for a blitz, and other ways to coerce one into a vehicle, rather than posing as being 'on the job'. If a work mate had seen him, would have been game over. Just my opinion.

EDIT: I think the theory you mention could have worked in a more remote location, but not for the girls who were abducted so shortly after leaving CBV.

If you have called a taxi and you are a nice sweet girl like SS was, you wait for it I think. You don’t take a lift, makes me think blitz.

Also..... maybe he was so charming that no blitz was necessary? Maybe the girls did recognise him from previous nights out...He knew the right things to say and they were putty in his hands and willingly got in the car.... maybe it was just a simple pick up with no blitz Involved. ?.

Why would he? He doesn't need to advertise for briefs by doing anything pro bono. And discussing it is probably an exercise in irrelevance, except for satisfying the gossips.

I've spoken to three separate senior lawyers in Perth, who all told me the only reason people would be saying this is to assist in BRE’s appearance of innocence.
They laughed when I suggested someone had said they were going to defend him for free.

Agree.

As to the suggestion they have had BE on their list of possible suspects, I doubt it because according to the reports they have spoken with EE 'several times' THIS WEEK past. I would have thought if BE was on their list they would already have asked his wife at the time his whereabouts on the nights the victims disappeared.

And if so, not a very encouraging indication that WAPOL have improved.

Now this is evidence based assumption, so its much more likely to be correct, assuming BRE was on the radar they either had no Idea about EE until people starting digging around(scary but possible based on past mistakes) or really he has only been on the radar for a short period of time i.e. 12 months max.

Someone might want to go to 3rd floor of the State Library and look for a weekly newspaper called "This week : the weekly newspaper for Telstra staff in Western Australia" that ran from 1993 to 1994

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member