Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking that accused might be a footy "groupie" don't know what they call them and have followed WCE players around to their drinking haunts in the Claremont area in 1980s/90s, just to be standing near them, maybe get to talk to one of them, get his autograph? As he seems a bit of a footy "tragic" so perhaps it might be an idea to show his younger photos to some of the older WCE legends and see if any of them remember him hanging around them on a regular basis when they were out drinking? Perhaps he even tried to latch onto some of the women eyeing off the players pretending he could get them an invite to a "party" with the players?

Keep in mind that the coppers took 10 years (or something like that. 12 maybe?) to share the footage in the first place! Obviously someone was of the opinion that showing his face / more of the footage wouldn't help their case. My view, or theory/hypothesis is that they felt very strongly that they had their man, and MM wasn't he.

So what was the point in broadcasting (double bluff?/under pressure as lots of people had seen it?/to keep thinking the wapol were moving foward)

if the footage is of csk or the alleged i wonder if we will now see the real footage, this footage is like zapruder!!!

So what was the point in broadcasting (double bluff?/under pressure as lots of people had seen it?/to keep thinking the wapol were moving foward)

if the footage is of csk or the alleged i wonder if we will now see the real footage, this footage is like zapruder!!!

Well I suppose that after a decade or so of sitting on it, & getting nowhere, they thought they may as well roll the dice and show the footage. You can bet at least one of them back in the day wanted to show it but was overruled.

Nothing in the 85 GSH year book about him being on the school footy team. I discounted sport on the yearbook alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt very much he played for a team and certainly not at a reasonable standard. He appears to be computer savvy and academic which are characters that dont lend themself to being a good sportsman generally. He probably followed football from a young age and later joined crocs which was more social and less intense.

I also have two other thoughts. I think he would of most certainly killed before SS and post KK. After he messed up with KK he would of set about a full proof strategy i.e. murder. This would most likely been done on a low risk target such as a prostitute or druf addict where he could confirm his methods and his ability to kill.

As for his strategy to get the girls i wonder if he relied on their good nature...i.e.asking for help changing a tyre or help finding keys or another scenario where they find themselves assisting without thinking and wham a blitz attack and incapacitate.

The biggest mystery is why he stopped perhaps this is because his work schedule changes plus marriage committments and he couldn't safely create opportunities again

Well I suppose that after a decade or so of sitting on it, & getting nowhere, they thought they may as well roll the dice and show the footage. You can bet at least one of them back in the day wanted to show it but was overruled.

but to just show the back of MM its a roll of a dice with only one number on it - 0!

this has me thinking there is things on the video that wapol may want not released / public to see.

Nothing in the 85 GSH year book about him being on the school footy team. I discounted sport on the yearbook alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUO

I doubt very much he played for a team and certainly not at a reasonable standard. He appears to be computer savvy and academic which are characters that dont lend themself to being a good sportsman generally. He probably followed football from a young age and later joined crocs which was more social and less intense.

I also have two other thoughts. I think he would of most certainly killed before SS and post KK. After he messed up with KK he would of set about a full proof strategy i.e. murder. This would most likely been done on a low risk target such as a prostitute or druf addict where he could confirm his methods and his ability to kill.

As for his strategy to get the girls i wonder if he relied on their good nature...i.e.asking for help changing a tyre or help finding keys or another scenario where they find themselves assisting without thinking and wham a blitz attack and incapacitate.

The biggest mystery is why he stopped perhaps this is because his work schedule changes plus marriage committments and he couldn't safely create opportunities again

I'm 3 years younger than BRE and 2 yy than CG.
Most of us, at the SHS I went to, went to uni, class of 88, unless we were dumb nuts. So he followed in his dads footsteps, got a telecom job. Even finished year 12. A lot of kids back then would have left at Year 10 if not going to Uni.
Everything was going smooth, finish school, get a job, then a wife. HIccup right there. But why?
He's not smart. Otherwise would have gone to Uni.
I think the SS incident was planned with absolute precision, to see if he could get away with it. Would love to know if Telecom have his rosters from the weeks leading up to her disappearance.
Every time I post, I am sorry for being on this site, for reading, commenting, for the ladies lives lost, and their families' pain. I am very aware there are families out there reading all of this.

but to just show the back of MM its a roll of a dice with only one number on it - 0!

this has me thinking there is things on the video that wapol may want not released / public to see.

Anything is possible.

I thought the video of MM showed enough of him that if he was someone's son or partner, they might have recognised him.

I imagine that by the time the police DID show the footage, there were different detectives/minds on the job, who wanted to do things differently to the way they'd been done previously. Fresh eyes, fresh approach and all that. One very cynical view might be that they just yanked out the footage so that the CIA program could claim an exclusive.

Having said all that, I don't discount your theory that there might be more on the tape than has been shared with the public. As I said, anything is possible.

Just a thought for the bodies in the Telstra pits line - these are core infrastructure and not abandoned places. Not exactly sure how the NBN is progressing over there in WA but as this is being laid on the co-axial cable system, a great deal of these places would have regular/irregular use and presumably over 20 years all of them would have been accessed! Only Telstra would know of course, but it seems unlikely a place to put someone as there would be a finite number of people with access narrowing suspects considerably.
First time post for me.... having driven past the Pippendeny Rd and Gnagara Rd Ellenbrook/ Whiteman Park areas travelling north in last week- would an area such as the now Inmarsat station (previously linked with Telecom and remembering BRE's cabling knowledge etc) or Whiteman Park telecom areas be possible locations for SS? Both area you would need official access to but hidden from public? These areas were only just opening up to development around that time?

If the person happens to be a street worker AND aboriginal like Darrylyn Ugle who was murdered, then the case is most likely sitting on the bottom of the pile. I can hardly find any information about her or what happened to her. List goes on doesn't it.
I think this is the one I've been thinking about. BE has family in Broome and other country areas. It'd be interesting if he was I'm the area at the time

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Many we dont even know the names of ..it isnt fair some get front page coverage,prime time news etc and the rest arent even important enough to mention apparently

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I guess they consider threat to community rather than dangers of an occupation. Not saying it's right tho. If you inundate the media with news of homicides they become desensitized. And there are a helluva lot of murders every week

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Everything was going smooth, finish school, get a job, then a wife. HIccup right there. But why?

It's the crimes and convictions without a verifiable, proven and believable motive, that are the most worrying.

Always that element of doubt that they've nicked someone innocent of the crimes.

Unless there is other powerful evidence that makes the case an open and shut one.

In The Perth Football Club Annual Reports of both 2012 and 2013, there is a section "Colts Fairest and Best". The 1986 entry lists a 'Brad Edwards'. No photograph is attached.View attachment pfc-annual-report-2013.pdf

Can anyone verify whether this is the same BE or another person with the same name?

He's not smart. Otherwise would have gone to uni

I dont necessarily agree with you on this. There are family members of mine who chose not to go to Uni because of family pressure to go to uni or to follow in a relatives footsteps. My husband for example was in the gifted program at school but rebelled against pressure by his parents to go to Uni.

What would have been the training required for a Telstra job back in those days? Was it a traineeship?

WARNING WARNING WARNING Very long post by 1st time user. Lots of theories based on the CCTV footage and prior knowledge of girl/boy hook-ups and body language. Read at your own risk hehehe

I think that BRE is on the CCTV footage but not MM.

I have always thought that the only guy she shows any interest in is when the CCTV footage begins as Jane and Co are exiting the club at 11.41pm. This is from the CSI documentary 'Hunt for a killer' uploaded by Hayley Jane 85 on youtube.
There is a tall guy who seems to have just exited with a friend and is walking down Bayview. His friend (or so it appears to be) is to his left. They both are looking at the door as the girls exit. The big guy is looking directly at Jane but she is looking away and throwing her head and hair back to the left flirtatiously ( I believe she knew he was looking at her...and that they had recently just spoken to each other inside the club).
At this point the friend looks away and continues walking, but the tall guy (BRE I believe) turns around again and stares at Jane again. Just as he turns away from her, Jane stops and looks at him, and then she continues watching him intently oblivious to her friends. Her friends are in their own drunken worlds with 2 friends talking to the bouncer and her other friend in the vest is walking towards the guy waiting at the pole. Jane has stopped and is clearly interested in this guy.
Now his friend walks quickly and exits the footage earlier than the tall guy as he seems to be crossing the road in between a car or something? However the other guy keeps walking, quite slowly as Jane continues looking at him, and then he moves to the left and disappears from the screen. I believe he is crossing the road to follow his friend. Jane only starts moving towards her friend at the pole when she sees him leave in that direction.
Unfortunately there is a chunk of footage missing when she walks over to the pole but I believe her gaze would have been directed towards him across the road and up the street.
The next bit of footage we see is when she has her back turned to that direction, as I believe he would have been out of site.
I think that the tall guy and Jane had just talked ( without the friends remembering or knowing?) and he had said I will pick you up here, or meet you here, in 15 to 20mins cause I just have to drop my friend back home. She disappeared around 25mins after he left.
Jane's friend said that Jane didn't want to go to the club but went anyway because they were going. I think that if Jane thought she had 20minutes to spare she would just go along with them and figure out a way to ditch them at the club.It so happened that there was a line and they didn't go in so now she couldn't duck away inconspicuously or lie and say she was going home in a cab on her own.
Why would she need to lie and not tell them?
A. He said he was going through a divorce but was still married?
B. He told her not too?
C. She was too embarrassed to tell her friends she was having a hook up?
D. A mixture of the above?

To me this guy would have been my target person from the start. If they had interviewed him and his mate I believe they would have just said his alibi was dropping his mate home, which I believe he did, but then returned to the Claremont. I would have definitely got his DNA!!!! Maybe they did? and I am wrong but when I saw BRE I thought YES it is the guy I thought it was!!!
He is just older and bulkier. Then I saw these recent pics of him in 2009 on the Crocs site and I thought definitely.
The guy looks really appealing in the CCTV footage, his walk, his posture, his frame, his height and his composure...just quietly exiting with black jacket on arm. He is acting like he is sober and Jane seems pretty sober so I can't see her going with a young drunk guy and that is all MM appeared to be to me ( despite the minimal footage). However I have found some parts in the CCTV footage that I think may be him also entering the club just after talking to Jane but you can only see his body...so they must have footage inside of him. I don't think it was MM, and never have. I would laugh like Jane did if some guy was drunk and said something funny whether I knew him or not. MM would have had to walk a long way towards Jane and if she had been waiting for him you would think she would have moved or acknowledged him before he comes into view.
I do think that MM does look like the 17year old pic of BRE at Gosnells High but 10 years on I think he would have looked more like the 2009 BRE shots but fitter .
Are you all still awake hahaha.
WAPOL better hope he isn't on the CCTV footage!!! That wouldn't be goooood!!

First time post for me.... having driven past the Pippendeny Rd and Gnagara Rd Ellenbrook/ Whiteman Park areas travelling north in last week- would an area such as the now Inmarsat station (previously linked with Telecom and remembering BRE's cabling knowledge etc) or Whiteman Park telecom areas be possible locations for SS? Both area you would need official access to but hidden from public? These areas were only just opening up to development around that time?

I would say, it looks like he was at some stage a linesworker, likely taking him all over the place. I would say if there's a link between his work and the locations JR and CG were found it would be safe to assume it would exist for SS.
I am not entirely convinced by the North, South, East theory. Assuming SS was the first, it is possible he used a similar abduction MO to KK but something happened along the way leading him to move to having to think about disposing of a dead body.
His primary motive appears to be sexual. Murder was potentially an unintended consequence at that point with SS. I think JR was possibly the point he'd decided he's already evil enough to kill and get away with it. SS had not been found, so why not use this method again?

With CG he knew JR had been found in Wellard, so he's established he cannot go back to that area. Instead he goes North in an attempt to throw police off.
I am of the belief the more likely location of SS would then be a familiar location for him (example previous work area, fishing location) somewhere remote enough she wouldn't be found easily but not too unlike JR's location. I think it would most likely be south, a bit closer to where he lived and in shrub off a road that is quiet. Reason I say it would be closer to his place is he's not on the radar at this stage and it's his first one, so he's not going to be as careful to put distance from his home. He's going to be more overwhelmed by the situation and possibly a little more intent on getting it over and done with quickly and getting back to normal. I'm also not totally off the idea he dumped her closer to Claremont.

Of course, if SS was not his first kill, my theory is shot to sh**t.

I'm 3 years younger than BRE and 2 yy than CG.
Most of us, at the SHS I went to, went to uni, class of 88, unless we were dumb nuts. So he followed in his dads footsteps, got a telecom job. Even finished year 12. A lot of kids back then would have left at Year 10 if not going to Uni.
He's not smart. Otherwise would have gone to Uni.
I think the SS incident was planned with absolute precision, to see if he could get away with it. Would love to know if Telecom have his rosters from the weeks leading up to her disappearance.
Every time I post, I am sorry for being on this site, for reading, commenting, for the ladies lives lost, and their families' pain. I am very aware there are families out there reading all of this.

Sorry CuriousChum but have to disagree with you on one issue in your post. Just because someone didn't go to Uni doesn't automatically make them dumb, or "not smart" as you put it. There's ingenuity and innovation in many of those of us who don't have a degree on the wall, and a lot of my family members who do have several degrees hanging on the wall know their subject and profession well, but have no "common sense" (they'd tell you this themselves). There are many incidences of extraordinary minds who have touched and changed the world who have never seen the inside of a Uni! People can be methodical,obsessed and ruthless like I think the CSK is and yes, even a "tradie" can be clever! (perish the thought!) Never under-estimate your enemy, it could be your undoing!

In The Perth Football Club Annual Reports of both 2012 and 2013, there is a section "Colts Fairest and Best". The 1986 entry lists a 'Brad Edwards'. No photograph is attached.View attachment 107370

Can anyone verify whether this is the same BE or another person with the same name?

You mean the Brad Edwards in this photo? The only photo that appears to exist of this Brad Edwards in/on the WWW. Must be a different BE. Mustn't it?
http://www.morningsidepanthers.com....90-1991--1994-brad-edward.html#previous-photo

http://www.aflq.com.au/family-tradition-continues/

http://websites.sportstg.com/club_i...ID=165209&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=27600842

Brad Edwards Bio
Playing Caree:
1986 played u19s for Perth football club won best and fairest
1987-1988 played 21 seniors games for Perth football club
1989 played 6 senior games for Fitzroy football club
Also played in Fitzroy,s reserve grade premiership team
1990 played 10 senior games for Brisbane B! ears football club,came third in bears reserves best and fairest
1991 - 2000 played 170 games for Morningside football club in that time played in premierships in 1991,1993 ,1994 captain from 1993 - 1996
Won 3 best and fairest at Morningside 1991, 1994 , 1999
Played state football for QLD ten times was captain on 5 occasions
Named at centre half fwd in Morningsides team of the half century

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-07-10/last-time-we-met
Former Brisbane players to be listed by West Coast
Brad Edwards (10 games Brisbane 1990, 0 games WCE 1991). Played 6 games for Fitzroy 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Edwards_(Australian_footballer)
Brad Edwards (born 22 February 1968)
Hope the above links save lots of you having to do your own research.

The RAAF land in Caversham, that abuts the Telephone exchange would be a possibility. The OTC base and surrounding bushland was searched in 2014 when a local man went missing. http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-17/police-search-for-missing-perth-man/5605464

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

In The Perth Football Club Annual Reports of both 2012 and 2013, there is a section "Colts Fairest and Best". The 1986 entry lists a 'Brad Edwards'. No photograph is attached.View attachment 107370

There is another person by the same name who was an AFL player coming up in Google. B4U has adequately answered who that is

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members