Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jane Rimmer's sister will be in cout tomorrow for BRE's appearance. Chief Crime Reporter from the West Australian Gabrielle Knowles l will take a guess will be there reporting.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Jane Rimmer's sister will be in cout tomorrow for BRE's appearance. Chief Crime Reporter from the West Australian Gabrielle Knowles l will take a guess will be there reporting.

Will BRE be video link or in person?

I wonder how long the notebook pages have been in the cavity for? The way I read it, the owner bought the property in 93 and didn't do anything with that particular building for a few years.

Then this year he renovates that building and there is a cavity, covered by a piece of asbestos, and the asbestos is covered by a piece of Masonite. So were the asbestos and Masonite already covering the hole when he bought the property in 1993? Or did he or an employee cover it up since then?

Jane Rimmer's sister will be in court tomorrow for BRE's appearance. Chief Crime Reporter from the West Australian Gabrielle Knowles l will take a guess will be there reporting.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Will BRE be video link or in person?
Friend who's an investigative journo over there, l will ask. Its nearly always videolink now l think.

Looks more akin to a highschool exam. University? Something involving chords?
I cant make out the figures which a shame. Could Sarah be at one of these points centred around the GPO?
Its a conspiracy!!! TIC

Could he have been a bouncer or barman at club Bayview?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was the pay phone in Stirling St that Sarah used. AFAIK there was a public phone at the Claremont Post Office opposite Conti.
Need to confirm the Post Office phone. But, someone could sit the car park opposite and watch girls ring on the phone, then meet them at the corner. It would be a taxi giveaway.

If all the girls were tired, and or inebriated, they would be a lot more conducive to just get in a car of convenience.
There was a bank of payphones at the post office, SS used a payphone down on Stirling highway, probably because she was headed to mosman park and it would be easier to get a cab. Need to remember getting a cab in perth in the 90's was very difficult and they were very unreliable, why was it so difficult? because the sector was fixed by those who had the very expensive taxi licences, many of who were politicans.

Looking at the video, I think Jane was quite tipsy. She initially walks straight out on to the road, looks around, and then is unable to stand still, even though she's leaning against the light post. If she wasn't drunk, she should be able to stand still, and not constantly shift her weight. I think she checked her watch, thought, ahh, either
a) that taxi (some pubs did have pay phones..does anyone know if The Conti did back then?) I called is taking too long, or
b) haven't seen a taxi yet..
it's going to be quicker to walk, sets off on foot, and then, being tipsy, her inhibitions are lowered, and she accepts a lift offered by the csk.
All my opinion.

I didn't notice that at all <modsnip>. I thought she seemed very steady on her feet, considering the time.

Stock Bros Monumental Works Government Rd only one listed

Yeah, taxi plates were like $80000 a pop in a state sanctioned monopoly sanctioned by the state government for sustainability purposes. The plates were bought in a ponzi scheme by people who didn't even own taxis as an investment.
There simply was enough supply to handle peak hour around midnight and other peak times. Im sure they tried to string the work out but people were obviously frustrated with the time it took for a cab and or if they ever turned up as customers were plucked off the street.

There was a bank of payphones at the post office, SS used a payphone down on Stirling highway, probably because she was headed to mosman park and it would be easier to get a cab. Need to remember getting a cab in perth in the 90's was very difficult and they were very unreliable, why was it so difficult? because the sector was fixed by those who had the very expensive taxi licences, many of who were politicans.

Yeah, the paper in the close up appeared to be a dilapidated scrap book. There must have been more than one stoneworks in the day around Karrakatta, but if there was one it was more akin to a tin shed.
Thanks for clearing that up

It does appear the place was empty?

Summary
A piece of masonite covered the asbestos wall. When I took it off the papers were stashed behind it.

I didnt start for several years. When I came in there was girls footprints and signs of a struggle. There was a piece of jewellery on the floor.

The Post
14/01/2017

attachment.php

There was no stashed jewellery and no book.

Approx 20yrs ago there was a necklace on the ground outside near signs of a struggle.

This week there were a few loose pieces of paper inside a cavity

Yeah, taxi plates were like $80000 a pop in a state sanctioned monopoly sanctioned by the state government for sustainability purposes. The plates were bought in a ponzi scheme by people who didn't even own taxis as an investment.
There simply was enough supply to handle peak hour around midnight and other peak times. Im sure they tried to string the work out but people were obviously frustrated with the time it took for a cab and or if they ever turned up as customers were plucked off the street.
It only actually changed when the media campaigned with photos of 3 hour queues of people waiting for taxis and the crime it caused, think of the crime that may have been prevented if less drunk people were on the streets.
Karma got these people though thanks to uber their investment is now near worthless.

A lot of dirty money went into plates too I think.

It only actually changed when the media campaigned with photos of 3 hour queues of people waiting for taxis and the crime it caused, think of the crime that may have been prevented if less drunk people were on the streets.
Karma got these people though thanks to uber their investment is now near worthless.

So, the Stock Bros Monument works building was bought in 1993 and remained empty for several years which would mean Mr Winterton moved in about 2000?
He finds jewellery on the floor with signs a struggle and telephone diagrams in the walls. Could this be his safe house?
Handwriting would have to match.
Building on Government road backs onto Karrakatta Cemetery, near Gugeri street.
Stock_Bros_stonemason_karra.jpg

Google

Is the precise location in the cemetary of the KK rape known?

Hilux 2014 - 344 Acton
1988 Hilux? 1995 Karrakatta rape?

hilux2014_344_Acton.jpg

I would put it in the safe #tiff
There is a reason its been 'removed' from the paper.
Has anyone looked at this in relation to the previous rantings of a Dr? Geometry not my thing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have to agree might be worth pursuing this angle - will dig up some info.

Postnewspapers 14 January 2017 article. if you do a street walk using google earth along government road there is what appears to be a monumental business at 12 with no signage to indicate name.

Also noted is that Government Road runs immediately parallel to location of Jane Rimmer's employer road which was Carrington and currently there appears to be a public entrance to the Nedlands Early Learning Centre from Government Road; 90 metres west of the monumental business.

I believe given the detail at the top of one of the drawings being telephony related, it is possible the drawings that Mr Winterton located are possibly of an old telephone handpiece; the listening end. see attached

still intriguing given Edwards alleged connection to Telstra and it has been widely publicized in press reports that his father was also allegedly a telephone technician.

The paper the drawings are made on has lines on it which appear to be further apart than modern lined note or exercise pads. Makes me wonder what the Winterton premises were used for prior to 1993 when he purchased the property as detailed in the Postnewspaper article.

I think Postnewspaper pulled page 5 which held the story from online publication due to further research.

Attachments

• telephone handpiece.PNG
    telephone handpiece.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 53
Hilux 2014 - 344 Acton
1988 Hilux? 1995 Karrakatta rape?

hilux2014_344_Acton.jpg
That may explain why he didn't take this victim very far, she may not have been able to get out of the back but he would have run the risk of her attracting someone's attention.

Looks like the word wind in there, and possibly a picture of a fan or windmill on other page.

I didn't notice that at all <modsnip>. I thought she seemed very steady on her feet, considering the time.

Alcohol Consumption:

&#8220;How much alcohol had they consumed. Police will not release that information, but concede each woman was highly intoxicated.&#8221;

Source: The Devil&#8217;s Garden - The Claremont Serial Killings. Author Debi Marshall, 2007. Chapter 11. Page 39.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003