Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a partial dna match (from a relative already on file) .
BRE DNA was not taken until he was arrested so they can't have mixed it up or planted it.
Things could have been taken off him and left at scenes to implicate him . Random things were found at a site apparently (though I highly doubt this-MM looks like a very young BRE to me).
Also depends what the DNA evidence is. Be a bit hard to plant certain dna of someones at a crime (well 3 crimes!). Also be hard not leave some of your own dna in the process Plus there is the car involved. The car he owned.

If police wanted to frame anyone - I'd think they would have done so when they were so certain it was LW decades ago.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This case was solved after 30 years with new technology advances. The item was a nighty that had been missing for 5 weeks and had been wet.

Though it was torn and sopping wet when it was located, the pyjama top yielded evidence that would eventually be tested for DNA decades after Louise’s murder.

International DNA expert Professor Peter Gill gave evidence about the match to Pfennig to DNA taken from a stain, a piece of fluff and a “tape lift” from the pyjamas.

http://www.news.com.au/national/the...d/news-story/5b4c7b6de69a4397a119559a92f0fa0b

1988-Huntingdale attack (BRE was living in Huntingdale )

1991 -purchases house with first wife EE. Here he is probably being a good boy as he has a wife at home and for some reason,that seems to be enough to stop his attacks.

1995- EE leaves sometime this year

Feb 12 1995
KK rape

Mar 1996
Church Lane assault

Jan 27 1996
SS disappears

June 9 1996
JR is taken and killed

March 15 1997
CG is taken and killed

Here is a period he would have been alone to do as he pleases. What's interesting is I hear EE was petite and blonde and I'm wondering if she looked like the Claremont victims.

BRE moved back in with his parents after the house sold in April 1997. This is when the Claremont abductions stopped.

He ,CG and VG became members of the Eagles club and may have met around this time.

July 2000
House in Kewdale is purchased.

2015 CG leaves

8 August 2015
Robyn Stanten disappears. He may be responsible as he may have been alone again at this point
Robyn Stanten looks similar to CG and I believe BRE was targeting women who looked like his exes at the time.

The period that needs to be looked at most is between the 1980s to 1990 as this appears to be when BRE was alone and free to do whatever deviant things he desired. I think a lot more will come out about this time in future.He was younger and no doubt making many mistakes so hopefully left a lot of evidence behind.

His main goal was the rapes imo. I think he killed those who had seen his face just for self preservation purposes.
If it were about the murders-I doubt he would have been able to stop all this time.
Having a wife at home would not satisfy that part .

His dna has been found at 3 seperate crime scenes.
When things happened matches periods he seems to have been single.
He didn't need to be a genius. He got very lucky for two decades.

1991 -purchases house with first wife EE. Here he is probably being a good boy as he has a wife at home and for some reason,that seems to be enough to stop his attacks.

Feb 12 1995
KK rape

Mar 1996
Church Lane assault

Jan 27 1996
SS disappears

June 9 1996
JR is taken and killed

March 15 1997
CG is taken and killed

Here is a period he would have been alone to do as he pleases. What's interesting is I hear EE was petite and blonde and I'm wondering if she looked like the Claremont victims.

BRE moved back in with his parents after the house sold in April 1997. This is when the Claremont abductions stopped.

He ,CG and VG became members of the Eagles club and may have met around this time.

July 2000

2015 CG leaves

8 August 2015
Robyn Stanten disappears. He may be responsible as he may have been alone again at this point
Robyn Stanten looks similar to CG and I believe BRE was targeting women who looked like his exes at the time.

The period that needs to be looked at most is between the 1980s to 1990 as this appears to be when BRE was alone and free to do whatever deviant things he desired. I think a lot more will come out about this time in future.He was younger and no doubt making many mistakes so hopefully left a lot of evidence behind.

His main goal was the rapes imo. I think he killed those who had seen his face just for self preservation purposes.
If it were about the murders-I doubt he would have been able to stop all this time.

It has been mentioned that BRE & EC lived in Albert St Osborne Park in 1991 - can anyone verify this?

Feb 12 1995
KK rape

Mar 1996
Church Lane assault

Jan 27 1996
SS disappears

June 9 1996
JR is taken and killed

March 15 1997
CG is taken and killed

July 2000

2015 CG leaves

8 August 2015

Thank you mandy maree. This time line clearly shows BRE was alone/separated during 1995-7 when the Claremont murders occurred. Thus giving him the opportunity to do as he pleases. Does make you wonder if EE was similar in appearance to CG, SS & JR. And the fact that CG leaves in 2015 and this is apparently is when all begins to unravel (new info comes to light ), certainly makes you wonder if this is connected. Even though SD stayed with BRE, it may have been hard for CG to convince her to leave without revealing why, as SD may have alerted BRE if reason was revealed before WAPOLICE could act. Though this seems highly unlikely as I don't think any parent would be able to leave their child in such an unsafe environment.

Feb 12 1995
KK rape

Mar 1996
Church Lane assault

Jan 27 1996
SS disappears

June 9 1996
JR is taken and killed

March 15 1997
CG is taken and killed

July 2000

2015 CG leaves

8 August 2015

I agree with all of this Mandy Maree including Robyn Santen......

It has been mentioned that BRE & EC lived in Albert St Osborne Park in 1991 - can anyone verify this?
It was mentioned (on here I believe)
Renting a unit there before the house purchase. Can't find anything else about it currently

Feb 12 1995
KK rape

Mar 1996
Church Lane assault

Jan 27 1996
SS disappears

June 9 1996
JR is taken and killed

March 15 1997
CG is taken and killed

July 2000

2015 CG leaves

8 August 2015

BBM

Has it been confirmed that EE was blonde? MSM says she was petite but they never stated the colour of her hair.

TundraWolf who posted that his wife worked with EE described her as being of 'Indian' appearance (on another forum)....I remember noticing that fact as it meant she looked nothing like the victims.

But who knows if that is factual?

BBM

Has it been confirmed that EE was blonde? MSM says she was petite but they never stated the colour of her hair.

TundraWolf who posted that his wife worked with EE described her as being of 'Indian' appearance (on another forum)....I remember noticing that fact as it meant she looked nothing like the victims.

But who knows if that is factual?
No I don't believe it has been officially confirmed either way.
Just talk on forums off people who were correct about other things they stated.

Is an Irish surname but she could well be Indian in appearance.

I have raised the Iona (well-known) connection. Maybe it is not actually Iona, but a Catholic connection as occurs throughout - It is reported that 2nd wife (practicing Catholic) and SD Catholic. Few options:

- BRE attended some type of Catholic group/ church and met the girls listed in above post and/or wife
- BRE's wife/wives had connection with Iona/ Catholic group/ Church
- BRE knew someone who was connected - perhaps had a sister who attended Iona/ Catholic group

As mentioned previously it would be good to know which school wife number 1 & wife number 2 attended and also religion of wife number 1.

Also mentioned previously - Wife number 2 family restaurant very close to Iona.

They had restaurant between 85 and 94 - http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

EDIT - however note that BRE met CG in [FONT=&amp]In July 2000: [/FONT]http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/claremont-serial-killings-police-piecing-together-the-life-of-bradley-robert-edwards/news-story/557f281e68cdf76d572843291ea9cef7

[FONT=&amp]Still appears to be a strong Catholic theme.

[/FONT]

Agree. As I’ve suggested previously, CGE is into some pretty hardcore Catholic stuff judging from her FB groups (‘Catholic Remnant Army’, etc). Even though BRE was not her first husband, and especially given ’no fault divorces in Australia for nearly 50 years now, I think it’s a fair inference that BRE must have had compatible beliefs, or at least simulated them. It’s reasonable to infer that they were involved in the Catholic community somehow. Would be interested to hear from local parishioners ...

Someone else also made the observation that ‘The Eagles Nest’ is also the colloquial name for the Catholic retreat at Gidgegannup:

http://eaglesnest.org.au

barely 30 minutes drive North from Kewdale, less from Claremont - well within striking distance to safely return before dawn.

Was there also a suggestion of a Birnie link to Gidgegannup previously?

<modsnip>

My theory is they got a hit with familial DNA, which apparently they can get from minor crimes like drink driving charges now. Then they focused on that family and got a used coffee cup out of the trash used by BRE. Once they had confirmation they arrested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t think Plod can get DNA samples from ‘minor crimes like drink driving'

You're right Spinnaker as I asked a similar question in previous post and a legal mind (can't remember who, sorry) answered all evidence must be shown to defence prior to trial, BUT surprise witnesses are allowed, and as this person alluded to, this can "blindside" the defence or prosecution lawyers. Interesting process isn't it?:lookingitup:

They’re only allowed, I believe, if the prosecution did not know about them previously.

So it’s not really ‘blindsiding’ at all.

They cannot keep them up their sleeve and introduce half-way through

I think the 2 most likely theories based on historical data I am aware of is
1. CSK destroyed/dumped the items shortly after the murders
2. CSK has put the items somewhere for safekeeping

So:
Theory 1: CSK get them
Theory 2: CSK did not keep them
Got it

Agree. As I&#8217;ve suggested previously, CGE is into some pretty hardcore Catholic stuff judging from her FB groups (&#8216;Catholic Remnant Army&#8217;, etc). Even though BRE was not her first husband, and especially given &#8217;no fault divorces in Australia for nearly 50 years now, I think it&#8217;s a fair inference that BRE must have had compatible beliefs, or at least simulated them. It&#8217;s reasonable to infer that they were involved in the Catholic community somehow. Would be interested to hear from local parishioners ...

Someone else also made the observation that &#8216;The Eagles Nest&#8217; is also the colloquial name for the Catholic retreat at Gidgegannup:

http://eaglesnest.org.au

barely 30 minutes drive North from Kewdale, less from Claremont - well within striking distance to safely return before dawn.

Was there also a suggestion of a Birnie link to Gidgegannup previously?

Interesting re the Eagles Nest - I wonder if CGE has visited this place.

Someone mentioned checking out Lovers Lane (actual road) in Gidgegannup on another forum - but I am not aware of the Birnie link.

I think the person that wrote that list had gone into the wa state library to view the electoral rolls (he referenced electoral rolls several times). Will be impossible to verify unless someone goes into the state library and takes a photo of the electoral roll. Have tried finding something online but have had no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting re the Eagles Nest - I wonder if CGE has visited this place.

Someone mentioned checking out Lovers Lane (actual road) in Gidgegannup on another forum - but I am not aware of the Birnie link.

Lovers lane is in Toodyay not Gidgegannup
The Eyrie (road) and The Eagles Nest are in Gidgegannup, they both back onto Walunga National Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Catholic Remnant Army is not hard core. It's a friendly open group with all denominations welcome to chat, discuss and pray.

I'm pretty sure it's "Jesus' Remnant Army" not "Catholic Remnant Army" - that CGE is a member of on FB.

The Catholic Remnant Army is not hard core. It's a friendly open group with all denominations welcome to chat, discuss and pray.

I'm pretty sure it's "Jesus' Remnant Army" not "Catholic Remnant Army" - that CGE is a member of on FB.

Sorry my bad. I meant Jesus Remnant Army

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members