Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was it Petedavo? Is there a good list anywhere because lve found it difficult to get quality information

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The skeletal remains were ID ed and the husband was interviewed. He committed suicide as police about to charge him. Unrelated to CSK.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

There are a couple of reviews regarding Mt Dale, describing the road accessing the site as not in the best condition http://trailswa.com.au/trails/mount-dale-circuit/ratings-reviews . Is, or was the road in good enough condition to be accessed with a 2WD Telstra vehicle (i.e. Commodore wagon) back in the mid '90's? Perhaps the accused owned a 4WD back then. One is visible parked in the front yard of the Acton Rd property in a historic Google street view image.

Edit: The first review of a 2015 visit describes the hiking trail itself as being in bad condition, but that they had no trouble getting to the location in their '2WD wheelbarrow'.
There's a well maintained road to the top of Mt Dale with a large car park, BBQ area and viewing areas. There's also a large Telstra communications centre on the top. It's very easily accessible by ordinary vehicles. It's part of a National Park and has a state walking trail going through on the eastern side. It's surrounded by former state forests

There's a well maintained road to the top of Mt Dale with a large car park, BBQ area and viewing areas. There's also a large Telstra communications centre on the top. It's very easily accessible by ordinary vehicles. It's part of a National Park and has a state walking trail going through on the eastern side. It's surrounded by former state forests

Mt Dale sounds a bit more up-kept and frequented by the public than I had previously assumed, having been aware of the walking trails. I suspect that any bodies dumped in this area wouldn't stay undiscovered for too long, though I have read mention of a steeper, less accessible side to the slopes of Mt Dale.

I Goggled Mt Dale as someone here suggested, but Mt Dale has only one road in and out. IMO this would not be a good dumping site or kill site etc, because if CSK saw a car coming up the road, he/she had no escape route. Essentially trapped. Then CSK would have more work to do!!!

I think CSK needs a dumping site or kill site where there's not a dead end road. ('cuse the bad taste pun). sorry

Dumping a body along a dead-end road seems counter-intuitive, however in the 90's Marmion Road did not go as far north as Pipidinny Rd. If you ignore the dirt tracks it effectively was a dead-end street. Definitely a bigger gamble by the accused to potentially corner himself in such a way, yet that's what he (allegedly) did.

As for potential dumping grounds for SS, if we include well-maintained gravel roads that could easily be utilised by a VS, then the possibilities within the radius are truly quite staggering. I tend to think that gravel / dirt roads were used very minimally. For one thing it would be more dirt required to wash off the car (unless a story was made up to explain the dirt on the wheels / body).

Anyone know if BRE or any convicted Australian Killer was in Ireland in the early to mid 1990's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[h=1]'It's not over yet': Police sound warning on unsolved cases after Claremont arrest[/h]"Acting police commissioner Stephen Brown said he expected the judicial process of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards to be "long, drawn-out and complex", as police continue to pump extra resources into cracking WA's biggest unsolved cases."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/i...s-after-claremont-arrest-20170126-gtz69a.html

Dumping a body along a dead-end road seems counter-intuitive, however in the 90's Marmion Road did not go as far north as Pipidinny Rd. If you ignore the dirt tracks it effectively was a dead-end street. Definitely a bigger gamble by the accused to potentially corner himself in such a way, yet that's what he (allegedly) did.

As for potential dumping grounds for SS, if we include well-maintained gravel roads that could easily be utilised by a VS, then the possibilities within the radius are truly quite staggering. I tend to think that gravel / dirt roads were used very minimally. For one thing it would be more dirt required to wash off the car (unless a story was made up to explain the dirt on the wheels / body).
Agree. The bodies were found also in flat areas? I would think his first location priority would be a spot he had the least chance of being bogged in, caught on a log or trapped for any reason and he'd want a clear quick run out to a main road.

Agree. The bodies were found also in flat areas? I would think his first location priority would be a spot he had the least chance of being bogged in, caught on a log or trapped for any reason and he'd want a clear quick run out to a main road.

I've been considering this for some time. Both known sites appear to give the perp a good unobstructed view of the surrounding area for quite a few kilometres. If done at night in the early hours, you'd be able to see the lights of an approaching vehicle from quite some distance, allowing time to drive away (with lights off perhaps) with very little chance of being close enough to identify vehicle make or model.

JMO

[h=1]'It's not over yet': Police sound warning on unsolved cases after Claremont arrest[/h]"Acting police commissioner Stephen Brown said he expected the judicial process of accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards to be "long, drawn-out and complex", as police continue to pump extra resources into cracking WA's biggest unsolved cases."

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/i...s-after-claremont-arrest-20170126-gtz69a.html
This is a great article, there's a lot to take from what the acting Commissioner has said. Mention again of Gerard Ross and other unsolved crimes.
"You can't understate the value of information from the public so if you're sitting back watching these cases play out ... l implore you to ring Crimestoppers, ring us, ring the police and give us your information because it can be - and has been in the past - ... that cracks the case open."
He has also warned of errors in the case being exposed.

I've been considering this for some time. Both known sites appear to give the perp a good unobstructed view of the surrounding area for quite a few kilometres. If done at night in the early hours, you'd be able to see the lights of an approaching vehicle from quite some distance, allowing time to drive away (with lights off perhaps) with very little chance of being close enough to identify vehicle make or model.

JMO
Yes. Both Jane and Ciara's bodies were found and it didn't seem to bother him. Just a thought, wondering if he was nearly caught out disposing of Sarah, and he decided he'd gone too far into the bush or something? Telstra should have records if he damaged a vehicle around that time? If he used that. Insurance claim on his own vehicle? A record of the clock.

I'm sure Telstra are assisting - did anybody notice how quickly the Telstra station wagon outside the Kewdale address was covered with a tarp? It reminded me of airlines quickly painting over their logos and company names on crashed planes.

ABC News Perth 24-12-2016:

attachment.php

Nine News Perth 23-12-2016:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016-12-24 ABC News Perth T-Vehicle.jpg
    2016-12-24 ABC News Perth T-Vehicle.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 2016-12-23 9 News Perth T-Vehicle.jpg
    2016-12-23 9 News Perth T-Vehicle.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 254
I'm sure Telstra are assisting - did anybody notice how quickly the Telstra station wagon outside the Kewdale address was covered with a tarp? It reminded me of airlines quickly painting over their logos and company names on crashed planes.

ABC News Perth 24-12-2016:
attachment.php

Nine News Perth 23-12-2016:

attachment.php
Yep. l envision there's going to be a few massive lawsuits come out of this.

Lawsuits down the track people. First off the rank, Telstra.
IMO

BBM

Serial killers typically are not plunged into feelings of guilt and self-loathing like the 'average' person would be. It's part of their psychopathy.....a lack of conscience.

He was evidently brilliant at going under the radar. Or just lucky.

<modsnip>

Even the psychopath to end all psychopaths Ted Bundys changes in behaviour post murder led a close associate to report him to the police as a suspect for the crimes not once but TWICE (ignored both times).

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Even the psychopath to end all psychopaths Ted Bundys changes in behaviour post murder led a close associate to report him to the police as a suspect for the crimes not once but TWICE (ignored both times).

<modsnip>

<modsnip>I wasn't saying that they don't display behavioural changes after murdering. Of course they do. We all know that.

Just saying it's not necessarily generated by guilt and self-loathing, as you suggested.

I'll have to disagree with that opinion. (JMO) ;)
Ok. We will see, if he's used them as cover, their records to scout areas, find victims families numbers, their vehicles .... it's possible. Also the Shire. These girls families have some clout, l don't see them as being backwards in pursuing any person or entity. [emoji79]

Ok. We will see, if he's used them as cover, their records to scout areas, find victims families numbers, their vehicles .... it's possible. Also the Shire. These girls families have some clout, l don't see them as being backwards in pursuing any person or entity. [emoji79]

The car? You might as well sue Holden! It's not like they were providing him with a tank with a shovel on the front to aid in body disposal. It was a commodore. As for using their maps to dispose of bodies it wasn't 1788. He could have purchased detailed maps anywhere. Anything he might have used in his work was freely available anywhere.

<modsnip>
I guess the point I'm making is you need to have caused or contributed to damages if you are to the subject of a civil claim. If that's suspicious then suspect away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper