Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/nightmare-begins-for-third-family-ng-b88337795z
"No attempt had been made to bury either of the bodies. Though Jane Rimmer was naked, Ciara was reportedly fully clothed.
The details of how they died have never been released, but police did confirm that the women’s gravesites had given them a valuable insight into the mind of the killer."

Some MSM reports say Ciara was stripped naked (see my prebious post), and some say she was fully clothed!

I do believe BRE is MM.
The hair is very identical (even to BRE now-it just got thinner with age)
What I dont understand is why he killed her if thats the case.
Maybe he got too full on too quick and she rejected his advances. Doubt he'd take that too well.

Wonder if his name was ever brought up in the investigations. Seems CSK hung around near Club Bayview quite a bit. Surely he was seen!
Police may have been too focused on other suspects back then. It still appalls me the man with the plastic lined boot wasnt investigated further!!!
Won't shock me if that man was BRE and maybe he stopped after that close call..at least in the Claremont area anyway

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/nightmare-begins-for-third-family-ng-b88337795z
"No attempt had been made to bury either of the bodies. Though Jane Rimmer was naked, Ciara was reportedly fully clothed.
The details of how they died have never been released, but police did confirm that the women’s gravesites had given them a valuable insight into the mind of the killer."

Some MSM reports say Ciara was stripped naked (see my prebious post), and some say she was fully clothed!
This has always confused me. Differing reports on the clothes. I know police were asking about certain items of clothing /jewellry the public should look out for. So at least some items were taken
There was also an article I posted a while back which said one of the victims was found with "several items of clothing not belonging to her"

Article about Ciara and her family in the Irish Times in Feb 1999.

" She (Ciara) was a bright, fun-loving, adventurous child....Irrepressibly free-spirited...She was slim and brighteyed, with dark brown curly hair that fell past her shoulders. "

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/family-deals-with-its-loss-as-serial-killer-still-roams-free-1.149685

This has always confused me. Differing reports on the clothes. I know police were asking about certain items of clothing /jewellry the public should look out for. So at least some items were taken
There was also an article I posted a while back which said one of the victims was found with "several items of clothing not belonging to her"

Can you recall which victim was found with clothing not belonging to her??
Was it Jane?
Was it a shoe?
Or jewellery, like a necklace?

Can you recall which victim was found with clothing not belonging to her??
Was it Jane?
Was it a shoe?
Or jewellery, like a necklace?
f72321080c08d4b796d70ff972205eed.jpg

Shoes and clothing.

And this article has stuff about missing items. Sure hope they find some of SS at one of these properties.

What I'm showing you now is replicas of the clothing worn by all of the girls on the night of their disappearance, firstly starting with Sarah's clothing. And in particular we'd like to locate a key ring, a sunflower key ring. Um, most notable with Jane's clothing and property is the small bag. And with Ciara's clothing, the most notable is the small brooch.

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/content/2003/s1042100.htm

Regarding the state of the bodies:

"Childcare worker Jane was also found murdered last August.

She had been stripped naked and stabbed to death.

Her body was found in swampy bushland 40 miles south of Perth, three months after she vanished. "

"A 23-year-old labourer found her (Ciara) lying 20 yards from a pathway, covered in shrubbery.

Her clothes had all been stripped off and officers identified her by the jewellery she was wearing.

Police refused to confirm she had been raped and did not say how and when she died."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/STRI...IPLE+KILLER+AFTER+MISSING+IRISH...-a061104395

Also please note the use of the word "DUMPED" in the web link and refer this to our earlier discussion of whether we should be referring to the place where bodies were found as the "dump sites".
Thanks for the article but really, sensationalism and guess work, had to sell papers I suppose. :/

An example of journalism at its finest, John Kierans and Frank Thorne! The Mirror! smh

Irish beauty Ciara Glennon may have been raped before she was murdered and dumped by a Ripper-style maniac.

Police refused to confirm she had been raped and did not say how and when she died.
but in JR's case, the police revealed she was stabbed?! The police issued a statement they wouldn't divulge how the victims died because it could hamper catching the killer.

This is interesting,.....lingering smell of car wax? Car wax soiled an item of clothing? Time will tell what the heck this is about if anything at all.

Detectives believe the killer is a man who holds a position of trust. Curiously, they also believe he has a passion for meticulously polishing cars.

Thanks for the article but really, sensationalism and guess work, had to sell papers I suppose. :/

An example of journalism at its finest, John Kierans and Frank Thorne! The Mirror! smh

but in JR's case, the police revealed she was stabbed?! The police issued a statement they wouldn't divulge how the victims died because it could hamper catching the killer.

This is interesting,.....lingering smell of car wax? Car wax soiled an item of clothing? Time will tell what the heck this is about if anything at all.
Well you would want to clean up and polish those cars if you were "Ripper style" maniacally stabbing people in them I guess .

The article nearly seems a work of fiction to me.

certainly not discounting your comment - however if someone pulled a car up next to you and jumped out in a hurry and rushed at you, would you not scream, run and/or fight back? An unconscious person is very awkward to man-handle in a good situation never mind when worried about being seen on a main road. Have you ever tried to move a very drunk person, extremely difficult when they are a dead weight...just IMHO.
Hard to explain why your car doors won't open to other staff and you boss when using what would of been a pool car, it just doesn't fit when you apply common sense.
What would have happened if they were knocked out (as you suggest) but come to in transit, all car windows are made very easy to break from the inside for safety reasons...this could be something the police could look into, did the vehicle he was using back then require any window replacements. This would be logged with Telstra fleet maintenance.

Certainly not trying to offend you, just applying common sense to a horrible scenario.

ps. Bertie's were a couple as I suggested earlier. And at least one lady was sober enough to ring a cab, can't say if they had heels or not...most ladies take them off late at night, and neither of us were there.

You’re spot on, IMO. It would be well-nigh impossible to get someone into your car unwillingly without creating an almighty fight -especiallyif said victim is drunk

Why do we think anything happened immediately?

If you were going to abduct someone, you would fashion a situation in which they entered the car voluntarily … then simply drive off as if everything was ok, to put them at ease …

Some valid points, yes.

If he stalked the Claremont area looking for an easy target, why be lazy in the disposal? Serial killers are generally intelligent if not highly intelligent so why, is all I am asking.
why drive an hour or so from the abduction site to only dump a body 200m from the road? Why not drive deep into the bush? Or the pine forests up in that region?
it would be like trying to find a needle in a hay stack at 1am, but any semi-intelligent person would realise that the sun rises every day, so why only just of the road and not deep in the bush?

my purpose is to promote thought and discussion not argue, so I welcome your comments.
just FYI I would never leave a friend in a taxi unattended in that condition for multiple reasons.

I think that’s a myth fostered by thrillers on tv.

They are definitely psychopaths, but I don’t see why they are intelligent.

BRE on its face looks like a pretty mediocre person, to me.

If you look at wikipedia, they say something about the ‘intelligence’ thing

I think that’s a myth fostered by thrillers on tv.

They are definitely psychopaths, but I don’t see why they are intelligent.

BRE on its face looks like a pretty mediocre person, to me.

If you look at wikipedia, they say something about the ‘intelligence’ thing

Not all psychopaths are killers.
And
Not all killers are psychopaths.
(I'll find a quote if you need one.)

BBM

Serial killers typically are not plunged into feelings of guilt and self-loathing like the 'average' person would be. It's part of their psychopathy.....a lack of conscience.

He was evidently brilliant at going under the radar. Or just lucky.

I love everything you say, MsAnais. Your knowledge of psychology is strong. Every time you write something I'm like 'yes!' 😄👍🏻

Well we will never know as we are not in their heads. Sane people however, do not go around killing strangers and continue with their day as usual.
Good chance all serial killers ARE psychopaths. Definitely not all psychopaths are killers. Heck-most people in power fit the psychopath bill. Very few psychopaths kill anyone.

I dare say all serial killers are​ psychopaths. That’s the point I’m making.

"Research has demonstrated that in those offenders who are psychopathic, scores vary, ranging from a high degree of psychopathy to some measure of psychopathy. However, not all violent offenders are psychopaths and not all psychopaths are violent offenders. If violent offenders are psychopathic, they are able to assault, rape, and murder without concern for legal, moral, or social consequences. This allows them to do what they want, whenever they want.
The relationship between psychopathy and serial killers is particularly interesting. All psychopaths do not become serial murderers. Rather, serial murderers may possess some or many of the traits consistent with psychopathy. Psychopaths who commit serial murder do not value human life and are extremely callous in their interactions with their victims. This is particularly evident in sexually motivated serial killers who repeatedly target, stalk, assault, and kill without a sense of remorse. However, psychopathy alone does not explain the motivations of a serial killer."

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder#four

re: intelligence level of SK's
"Real serial killers generally do not possess unique or exceptional intellectual skills. The reality is that most serial killers who have had their IQ tested score between borderline and above average intelligence (3). This is very consistent with the general population."
SK's can be sociopaths OR psychopaths.
"serial killers are much more likely to exhibit antisocial personalitydisorders such as sociopathy or more likely psychopathy, which are not considered to be mental illnesses by the American Psychiatric Association (APA)."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...r-myth-1-theyre-mentally-ill-or-evil-geniuses

SK's can be either sociopaths or psychopaths

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201401/how-tell-sociopath-psychopath

"Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are volatile and prone to emotional outbursts, including fits of
rage. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place for very long. "

"Psychopaths are often well educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature."

These two terms often get lumped together and misused, but they actually refer to two different types of personality disorders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13