Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaguely recall a lake being searched.....maybe after Jane's disappearance.

About Kings Park, its often used as a shortcut, and back in the day a "racetrack"!!! lol
And its pretty obvious when someones parked up late at night and I'm guessing its usually couples "snuggling" in the back seat!!!
I think KP would be too risky.
Perry Lakes and Bold Park in Floreat

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Confirmation that WAPOL had video footage of Ciara walking in Claremont.

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps/viewDocument.ac?page=1&sy=age&kw=ciara+glennon&pb=all_ffx&dt=selectRange&dr=entire&so=relevance&sf=text&sf=headline&rc=20&rm=200&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=news970318_0196_9892

"Since Ms Spiers' disappearance, security in Claremont has been tightened. A local committee was formed, more public phones installed and the area floodlit. Video cameras have been fitted outside nightclubs and the Continental Hotel. These recorded Ms
Glennon's departure, but not who she met."

Link originally posted by enzeder in PHOTOS #55 pg 4

Why didn't WAPOL release this video footage to jog people's memories?????

Interesting wording 'but not who she met'. Almost implies that she was leaving specifically to meet someone. The only reason I've ever heard for her leaving was to go home. As there's confirmed sightings of her heading towards home down Stirling Hwy I think it's fair to assume that's what she was doing. It's a very early story though. Probably written before police released that she'd been confirmed walking down Stirling.

Do you think this suggestion "this guy really likes killing" fits what we know about BRE?

We have so little credible info on what BRE was like before 1997, trying to answer your question is IMO proving very difficult to give any answer other than "unsure" at this point in time.

Bushland around Gay Street Southern River (across from BE family home)....I know others have said there was bridle trails back in the day...but, there's still lots of bushland...I'm sure not every tree has been poked under...yes there's been lots of development over the years, but still plenty of bush.

I've just popped out to walk the Dog at Lake Claremont - at the area directly behind the Lakeway Drive-In Cinema -

I've re-attached the anim (supplied by Wyke)and also some pics of the area taken this evening - has quite a bit of thick bush and an area of bush also separated by water. Could have been a convenient spot for the CSK to utilise perhaps for his first time, when panicked, before planning came in etc - just a suggestion. Would imagine the whole area would have been very deserted.

I am suggesting 1988 JC as a hypothetical - very quick route to dispose of the car at Cottesloe Beach also.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lakeway Drive-in Anim.gif
    Lakeway Drive-in Anim.gif
    931.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Lake Claremont1.jpg
    Lake Claremont1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Lake Claremont2.jpg
    Lake Claremont2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 312
Just looking at the below video and some interesting commentary around the video with MM and JR.

Have a look from around 36:54 - does appear that JR is waiting for someone, potentially MM - otherwise why would she just 'hang' outside the Conti (otherwise you would think she would have gone in).

MM turns up around 38:57 - maybe he then goes to get his car to pick her up.

https://wn.com/hunt_for_a_killer_the_claremont_murders

Are you suggesting the alleged CSK took victims to his home or his parents home (while these houses were empty) to do the killing??
Victims to his house and then moved in with parents after that house sold and didn't have the privacy with his parents to kill.
If after the divorce he had the place to himself and since then always living with others maybe he just hasn't had the opportunity.

"Society wants to believe it can ideatify evil people, or bad or harmful people. But it is not practical -THERE ARE NO STEREOTYPES"
Ted Bundy.
IMO Huntingdale attack.=Ok this is start, its the "Big Time" for whoever may have done it. ... regardless -it is a serious crime,, unlawful enter premises, assault,attempted rape..etc etc-if he goes down for that he is going to jail,lose his job,shunned and disgraced from family and friends-he has got a LOT to lose, if caught from that moment on. He has two choices-stop that behaviour entirely,-or continue on but DO Not GET caught.

"You learn what you need to kill,and take care of the details. its like changing a tyre. THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE CAREFULL. By the thirtieth time you can't remember where you left the lug wrench."
Ted Bundy,

The Cutler Mystery. I have a strong personal interest in this case. Its almost too much. Whoever did this is trying SO hard not to get caught. The car driven into the sea destroying the forensic evidence, the sort of faint, remote ridiculous half proposition of an accident.... or a romantic suicide ala CW O.Connor...it was bizarre, it bamboozled the Police and what it said to me at the time was ..a definite PLAYER has arrived in Western Australia.
All just my opinion and theory.

Interesting wording 'but not who she met'. Almost implies that she was leaving specifically to meet someone. The only reason I've ever heard for her leaving was to go home. As there's confirmed sightings of her heading towards home down Stirling Hwy I think it's fair to assume that's what she was doing. It's a very early story though. Probably written before police released that she'd been confirmed walking down Stirling.
I interpreted it as just referring to the fact that she met someone on the way home who killed her not that she planned to meet up with someone in particular.

"Society wants to believe it can ideatify evil people, or bad or harmful people. But it is not practical -THERE ARE NO STEREOTYPES"
Ted Bundy.
IMO Huntingdale attack.=Ok this is start, its the "Big Time" for whoever may have done it. ... regardless -it is a serious crime,, unlawful enter premises, assault,attempted rape..etc etc-if he goes down for that he is going to jail,lose his job,shunned and disgraced from family and friends-he has got a LOT to lose, if caught from that moment on. He has two choices-stop that behaviour entirely,-or continue on but DO Not GET caught.

"You learn what you need to kill,and take care of the details. its like changing a tyre. THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE CAREFULL. By the thirtieth time you can't remember where you left the lug wrench."
Ted Bundy,

The Cutler Mystery. I have a strong personal interest in this case. Its almost too much. Whoever did this is trying SO hard not to get caught. The car driven into the sea destroying the forensic evidence, the sort of faint, remote ridiculous half proposition of an accident.... or a romantic suicide ala CW O.Connor...it was bizarre, it bamboozled the Police and what it said to me at the time was ..a definite PLAYER has arrived in Western Australia.
I was a similar age group as the girls and went to all the same places, so its personal to me also.

On the odd occasion we would head to the beach to watch the sunrise after a night out. Maybe this is how JC's car ended in the ocean - perhaps the CSK met JC and suggested they go to a party or to the beach.

Perhaps, putting the car into the ocean was not based on getting rid of DNA - not much known about DNA back then. Perhaps it was because it was convenient to do so and it was getting light.

EDIT: Mind you what was the time difference between JC going missing and car in ocean?

Ted Bundy.

Ted Bundy,

Thanks for the response emperor. I think we're on somewhat the same page with the Cutler mystery. Either the culprit had lotto like winning luck or this was a well planned and thought out crime. Just doesn't gel that it was a 19yo BE at the same time he was climbing in windows in houses in his own suburb. Not suggesting this wasn't a serious crime, it was. Just not one bearing the hallmarks of a criminal capable of carrying out the Cutler disappearance.

On another topic is your screen name the number plate of a favourite old car? One of that vintage would have had 'home of the Americas cup' written on it.

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=news970613_0194_0458

VERY INTERESTING background info discussing Claremont council head honchos and local business owners, and their views on whether Claremont needed more surveillance cameras back in 1996-1997 era.

I can't post quotes here, because the names being discussed are NO longer POI's and article also includes other innocent parties. I am not suggesting sleuthing innocent people, but rather this article may provide background info describing the political and business arena around Claremont in the late 90's.

Link originally posted by enzeder in PHOTOS no discussion, #47 pg4.

That was a very interesting time certain older upper echelon police seemed jealous of the university educated (read capable of new ways of thinking) detectives especially Mark Devonish Mears who at that time was the most highly educated copper in the force. Certain prominent businessmen untouchable, Xmas payoffs at the Raffles and elsewhere etc all recorded at the Royal Commission. Nothing to do with Claremont on the surface but it takes someof the shine and the trust away.

i believe kings park would be the most obvious place to search ... if anyone disagrees, please give reason(s)

& one thing i noticed about perth - the soil - it's very sandy, and very easy to dig ... and at night, kings park was also very dark and secluded
[emoji887]

totally agree about Kings Park.

Thanks for the response emperor. I think we're on somewhat the same page with the Cutler mystery. Either the culprit had lotto like winning luck or this was a well planned and thought out crime. Just doesn't gel that it was a 19yo BE at the same time he was climbing in windows in houses in his own suburb. Not suggesting this wasn't a serious crime, it was. Just not one bearing the hallmarks of a criminal capable of carrying out the Cutler disappearance.

On another topic is your screen name the number plate of a favourite old car? One of that vintage would have had 'home of the Americas cup' written on it.
The Cottesloe car abduction in 1989 and sexual assault was quite significant.

There are 2 ways of looking at this

1 he is guilty and mad as hell that he's been caught

2 he is not guilty and mad as hell that he is being called the CSK.
or he is a seriously disturbed and aggressive character.

The Cottesloe car abduction in 1989 and sexual assault was quite significant.

Yeah could be. The victim described him as much older than BE would have been at the time. That said she was so drunk she passed out not long beforehand so she might have been mistaken.

Yeah could be. The victim described him as much older than BE would have been at the time. That said she was so drunk she passed out not long beforehand so she might have been mistaken.
that's true.

that's true.

Actually when you think about it if the 89 incident was BE he certainly changed his MO in the following years. The 89 victim said the attacker had a thick stubble. To me this means he was most likely trying to kiss her. By 95 he certainly wasn't trying to kiss the KK victim. He whacked a bag or hood over her head.

Unless you are the victim or POI you have to pay 30.00 and it is quicker to ask for permissable information which wont be as detailed. if you are neither the victim or poi all names will be blanked out so you may not get anymore info than you have now. Applications have to be processed in 45 days unless it is denied you then should ge"t a reason like the old "not in the public interest"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper