Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Can I ask everybody "what are our common goals and aims for these current CSK threads?"

WAPOL have charged the alleged CSK BRE. So we can continue discussing BRE and his suspected motives and/or other possible linked crimes.

But are we still trying to locate the remains of SS? So her family and friends can lay her down in peace.

Another suggestion: Are we interested in finding the place/s where BRE took his victims between Claremont abductions and their final resting sites?

<modsnip>

What are our collective goals?

As far as other potential victims I think I recall a young woman dissapeard off Spencer Rd or Metcalfe Rd in the Parkwood area in 1992 and was found in the Canning Mills area east of Gosnells or Seaforth some weeks later, her body had been burnt. My memory is quite fuzzy on this and I cant seem to find anyting on this - does anyone else recall this?

As for SS I was 14 at the time but I seem to recall the media reporting the areas the police searched almost daily which led to speculation the CSK was following this and was then moving her body to freshly searched site to keep her hidden. I also think I recall the police may have found a site/s of interest but no body where they had/hadn't searched already which could possibly mean some kind of evidence of SS but not her body.(again my memory is fuzzy on this I am NOT stateing this as fact)

With murder location I don't think he would have necessarily used the same one every time but I would suggest 1(yes)Kings park but more specificly Kennedy Fountain on Mounts Bay Rd not far from the old swan brewery(that place has an eerie vibe to it especially at night). 2 Claremont Showgrounds 3 The old abandond insane asylum/sanitarium near Dalkeith

As far as other potential victims I think I recall a young woman dissapeard off Spencer Rd or Metcalfe Rd in the Parkwood area in 1992 and was found in the Canning Mills area east of Gosnells or Seaforth some weeks later, her body had been burnt. My memory is quite fuzzy on this and I cant seem to find anyting on this - does anyone else recall this?

As for SS I was 14 at the time but I seem to recall the media reporting the areas the police searched almost daily which led to speculation the CSK was following this and was then moving her body to freshly searched site to keep her hidden. I also think I recall the police may have found a site/s of interest but no body where they had/hadn't searched already which could possibly mean some kind of evidence of SS but not her body.(again my memory is fuzzy on this I am NOT stateing this as fact)

With murder location I don't think he would have necessarily used the same one every time but I would suggest 1(yes)Kings park but more specificly Kennedy Fountain on Mounts Bay Rd not far from the old swan brewery(that place has an eerie vibe to it especially at night). 2 Claremont Showgrounds 3 The old abandond insane asylum/sanitarium near Dalkeith

I didn't find the murder you describe in 1992.
Unless you might be thinking of Kerry Turner 1991 last seen in Vic Park, body found at Canning Dam?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Im just not really buying that BRE is responsible for JC. There would be many more victims out there if so...he was still young and being very sloppy back then.

Other crimes I do believe he is responsible for are

15/2/88 Huntingdale rape

1/1/94 Claremont Subway attack on New Years.

12/2/95 Karrakatta rape

These were all quite opportunistic and he went from breaking into homes to taking girls off the street in this period. He was getting more violent by KK time but still hadn't evolved to killing. I believe he had a few too many close calls and victims escaping him in this period so he eventually decided he had to kill to protect himself from being caught

26/1/96 SS disappears-I believe this was his first murder

3/3/96 a woman has her skirt ripped off in a Laneway after being at Club Bayview and head bashed against the wall. She escapes luckily as I think she'd be victim no 2 of CSK

9/6/96 JR is killed by CSK

15/3/97 CG is killed by CSK

9/11/98 Lisa Brown disappears.
I believe CSK may be responsible for this. She looked very much like the other girls but his usual hunting area (Claremont ) was too hot so he moved away a bit and got a target that he hoped wouldn't cause too much attention or be linked to him.

I think Sarah McMahon and Robyn Stanten are possible victims also but it is more unlikely.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Im just not really buying that BRE is responsible for JC. There would be many more victims out there if so...he was still young and being very sloppy back then.

15/2/88 Huntingdale rape

12/2/95 Karrakatta rape

These were all quite opportunistic and he went from breaking into homes to taking girls off the street in this period. He was getting more violent by KK time but still hadn't evolved to killing. I believe he had a few too many close calls and victims escaping him in this period so he eventually decided he had to kill to protect himself from being caught

3/3/96 a woman has her skirt ripped off in a Laneway after being at Club Bayview and head bashed against the wall. She escapes luckily as I think she'd be victim no 2 of CSK

I believe CSK may be responsible for this. She looked very much like the other girls but his usual hunting area (Claremont ) was too hot so he moved away a bit and got a target that he hoped wouldn't cause too much attention or be linked to him.

I think Sarah McMahon and Robyn Stanten are possible victims also but it is more unlikely.

I agree with all these too Mandy Maree...

15/2/88 Huntingdale rape

12/2/95 Karrakatta rape

Yep, some common sense being applied here. Thank you! There may be more sexual assaults / aborted abductions that we don't know of but while nothing is impossible I think the fact he let the KK girl go indicates it's unlikely he murdered previously.

What about Pinnaroo cemetery as a possible rape/kill location?
http://www.mcb.wa.gov.au/our-cemeteries/pinnaroo-valley-memorial-park
Or even Fremantle Cemetery?

IMO the CSK prefers places that other people would avoid or not consider visiting late at night.
Think about late night traffic and visitors to secluded locations - usually you'd find couples looking for a secret 'snuggle' location, or teenagers searching for a drinking/partying spot.

IMO Kings Park is too popular, especially on weekends, even late at night.

Do you think that the CSK was upset at the lack of attention when SS was not found. So he hid JR & CG in "out of the way" places, but not really well hidden so he could get some self satisfaction from his handy work??

Do you think that the CSK was upset at the lack of attention when SS was not found. So he hid JR & CG in "out of the way" places, but not really well hidden so he could get some self satisfaction from his handy work??

That makes sense to me.

So many SK's get a buzz from following their unsolved crimes in the press. The powerful high of outwitting everyone.....

That was my line of thought too but then why stop if he is after the notoriety. He's all over the place mentally. If he was linked to more crimes which could fill in the gaps we might see a better pattern in how he evolved.
Perhaps the attention made it too hard to keep killing so he started hiding bodies again and only took women that wouldn't be missed.

Beautiful pic of Ciara from that article.

We may bicker on this thread sometimes but I truly believe we're all here for justice for the victims.

8ac5aa1eeabcb111217e039e79d5702b

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...n/news-story/182cde6ee9022a03a731d77dac9af08d

Yep, some common sense being applied here. Thank you! There may be more sexual assaults / aborted abductions that we don't know of but while nothing is impossible I think the fact he let the KK girl go indicates it's unlikely he murdered previously.
I do see your point re JC as it really makes sense.

That was my line of thought too but then why stop if he is after the notoriety. He's all over the place mentally. If he was linked to more crimes which could fill in the gaps we might see a better pattern in how he evolved.
Perhaps the attention made it too hard to keep killing so he started hiding bodies again and only took women that wouldn't be missed.

That makes sense to me.
So many SK's get a buzz from following their unsolved crimes in the press. The powerful high of outwitting everyone.....

extract > ...I don't think we can ignore the possibility that he wanted the bodies to be found. Perhaps he did take great care when disposing of SS. Six months later or so she was out of the news to a certain degree. That's not to say she was forgotten. We all know news moves on quickly from the most horrific of incidents. That's when he took JR. Obviously she was found and there were two massive news events. Once with the disappearance and once with the discovery. Only theorising or speculating if you like but maybe it was the attention that floated his boat ...
just my thoughts and unqualified opinion

As it seems most likely SS disappearance is linked to the disappearances of JR and CG, i personally imagine SS's abductor being privately thrilled at knowing he was responsible for matters causing such public interest ... a sense of importance in that 'i know something you don't know' ... 'if only you knew how important i am!'
Craving recognition but unable to lay any claim to it - i perceive his message in allowing JR and CG to be discovered was : 'i'm a force to be reckoned with' ... 'i outsmart you' ...'catch me if you can'... no longer just public interest, but public outrage, and their discoveries put him within proximity of gaining an identity.
A great similarity to DennisRaider who, from memory in his communication with police, was very keen to be given a name which would associate him with his handy-work ... when labelled the 'BTK' he gaIned an identity.
I believe labelling Perth's killer "the CSK" may have hampered the investigation by creating a tunnel vision on those events which had only led to the realisation of a serial killer being at large, as it failed to take into consideration the now recognised changing nature of the accused's MO outside of both the timeframe and the vicinity of Claremont.

[emoji887]

Actually when you think about it if the 89 incident was BE he certainly changed his MO in the following years. The 89 victim said the attacker had a thick stubble. To me this means he was most likely trying to kiss her. By 95 he certainly wasn't trying to kiss the KK victim. He whacked a bag or hood over her head.
- Photo of BRE with thick stubble - BRE would have been around 21 in 89, would imagine by this point in his life he would have had his stubble. (source pic Google & also Websleuths)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Image-1.png
    Image-1.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 260
SD has increased security on FB so can no longer see photos.

On this subject did anyone see the photos SD posted from a trip to Mundaring/ Kalamunda bush - they were areas accessed by a 4 wheel drive vehicle and gravel road. There is a possibility she was with BRE.

SD has increased security on FB so can no longer see photos.

On this subject did anyone see the photos SD posted from a trip to Mundaring/ Kalamunda bush - they were areas accessed by a 4 wheel drive vehicle and gravel road. There is a possibility she was with BRE.

I saw those pics. But she posted that she was with her mother that day. I guess BRE could have been with them....I can't remember the dates and whether it was pre or post-split.....but she didn't mention him at all.

I saw those pics. But she posted that she was with her mother that day. I guess BRE could have been with them....I can't remember the dates and whether it was pre or post-split.....but she didn't mention him at all.
I am wondering if that was a decoy tho - I don't think he wanted to be tagged or mentioned in posts. There was also a strange comment about visiting a hostel where the wife had passed away and the husband left the keys on the table and took off. That was a strange comment. Just raising it as unusual for a mother and daughter to get a big 4 wheel drive and head into bush.

I am wondering if that was a decoy tho - I don't think he wanted to be tagged or mentioned in posts. There was also a strange comment about visiting a hostel where the wife had passed away and the husband left the keys on the table and took off. That was a strange comment. Just raising it as unusual for a mother and daughter to get a big 4 wheel drive and head into bush.

That hostel comment WAS strange. That's why I remember the post.

And you're right! Maybe he was indeed with them.....

That hostel comment WAS strange. That's why I remember the post.

And you're right! Maybe he was indeed with them.....
There has been a lot of comments throughout the threads that Mundaring could have been an area utilised by BE. Worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro