Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few pics of Cottesloe Exchange - corner Stirling Highway & Congdon St.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Single storey

Yep, my old boss was first one caught in this case and talk about a performance in the court when sentenced! He often had "hissy fits" at work when one on one but was "saintly" when others around. Nasty, cruel, narcissistic person and VERY cowardly. I warned but no one listened!

Re the real estate licence of BRE's parent's the only paperwork I've seen is dated around 2000 (courtesy RETPI I think) and I somehow assumed it was something to do with subdividing their land in a cost effective way rather than paying someone else to do it, but I could be wrong. I don't know much about real estate or development. BRE snr was definitely a PMG tech to start with. I've seen records at the National Archives documenting this.

I'm usually strictly fact based and not given to supposition but I'm waiting for new sources to check to become available so I've had some time this weekend to theorise. I've ditched the ipad and dragged out the desktop computer so I can post without it crashing...

A couple of assumptions - that up to SS the CSK was still *just* a rapist although escalating into more aggressive activity; therefore JC was not one of his and the other supposition is that SS was his first kill.

IF while SS was being attacked somehow things went too far and she was killed or died unexpectedly - this is a real problem for someone who up to now could have been looking at maybe 5 years jail max for rape, based on contemporary sentencing (and he probably would have only served 12-14 months based on a case I know of).

He has no empathy; dawn is approaching, he has to conceal this crime completely. It is known he is methodical, so I could see he would go into problem solving mode.

I would be interested in knowing when BRE first went to Kalgoorlie. We know from some earlier postings that he was there during the late 1990s. I lived there during the 70s and have visited many times before and since, especially during the 90s. One of the first things I noticed was just how many abandoned mine workings there are littered around the goldfields area.

If I was a lazyish person who wasn't into digging (couldn't even be bothered to dig a hole to plant a shrub or shady tree, let alone do some basic gardening type activities such as putting in a sandpit, put up a swing set or laying down some decent lawn and / or some slabs so my step daughter could have some sort of outdoor play area. I couldn't believe that over all the retro views of the house there were NO signs that a kid lived at the Acton Ave house. And then there are the two later murders who were just covered over.... But I digress!) it would occur to me that I could drive to the Goldfields and place a body into one of the abandoned mine shafts with very little effort.

A bit of stress during the drive up maybe, but I have done that drive many, many times and during the 7 or so hours I've never been pulled over. A full tank of fuel will get you there in a car and we know that BRE had access to cars and 4WD so a couple of jerry cans would mean even a 4WD could get there without necessarily having to stop and fuel up on the way. Forget about the OH&S 2 hourly recommended stop and stretch your legs scenario. This is about getting up there, finding the most suitable mine shaft and then wait for dark to undertake the disposal. Once this is done, then it is safe to refuel and drive back and get cleaned up and get some shuteye before the working week starts on the Monday.

If I had to take a body in the back of a wagon or 4WD I would surround / cover it with smelly fishing gear and IF I happened to be pulled over I would have a story ready about heading to Esperance for some fishing and hope whichever cop pulled me over fell for it... Actually I feel a bit unclean putting myself in this scenario - I rescue house spiders and release them into the garden rather than kill them.

Anyway, we may never know, which is even more of a tragedy for the family who deserve to be able to bring their beautiful daughter home and bury her. I'm glad he's been caught and no more will fall victim to him at least (assuming he's found guilty).

Back to research.

A search also revealed four other telstra depots within 5 kilometers.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/aeg_wa

City Beach – cnr Templetonia Cr and Kingsland Ave, Citybeach 6015- CYTB (iiNet)
Cottesloe – Clive Road, Cottesloe 6011 – CTOE (iiNet) (Amnet)
Fremantle – 13 Market St, Fremantle 6160 – FMTL (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')
Subiaco – cnr Park St & Rockeby Rd (behind P.O.) – SUBT – (Agile) (iiNet) (Amnet) (Primus 'Coming Soon')

If he has access, then no shortage of options?

This building just gave me the most worst feeling....

I was looking at this building ongoogle maps a week or so ago, noticed some renovations at the back sometime between 2007 and 2010. Might be nothing just something i put in the memory. You can see 3 grills have been altered; 2 completed removed and 1 on the far right changed.

2ivrjq.jpg

34g59oj.jpg

I was looking at this building ongoogle maps a week or so ago, noticed some renovations at the back sometime between 2007 and 2010. Might be nothing just something i put in the memory. You can see 3 grills have been altered; 2 completed removed and 1 on the far right changed.

2ivrjq.jpg

34g59oj.jpg

Good observation.

These Telstra exchanges are always so fortress like...

There is a basement which you can see in your first photo further down the street. It was built in about 1925 and I've attached an extract of an old government document describing the proposal as to what it will look like inside. See under the section on the right titled : "(taken at Melbourne)"

Have always thought it's a very creepy building but it's quite an interesting historical document to read and I've always wondered what was on the inside... there are facilities for staff...

attachment.php

Single storey

Attachments

• cotesloe telephone exchange congdon st built in 1920s description inside.jpg
    cotesloe telephone exchange congdon st built in 1920s description inside.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 290
There is a basement which you can see in your first photo further down the street. It was built in about 1925 and I've attached an extract of an old government document describing the proposal as to what it will look like inside. See under the section on the right titled : "(taken at Melbourne)"

Have always thought it's a very creepy building but it's quite an interesting historical document to read and I've always wondered what was on the inside... there are facilities for staff...

attachment.php

Great find! Unfortunately I can't read it as my eyes are bad. You mention staff facilities, are we talking showers? That would be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could screen shoot it and then enlarge to read if interested....

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/http---www.aphref.aph.gov.au-house-committee-reports-1922-1922_pp25%20(1).pdf

Great find! Unfortunately I can't read it as my eyes are bad. You mention staff facilities, are we talking showers? That would be interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was speculation at the time that the killer may have taken her into the gym (BC the Body Club) which was on the corner near where she was last seen standing, leaning against a bollard. The gym burned down not long afterwards which made it look all the more suspicious.

Anyone know when BC the Body Club burned down? Google doesn't help me.

I got a job there in 2007/8 so curious (job lasted a week)

thanks, janwa.

horrifyingly, only months out of the police academy, a 22year old, policewoman rookie officer - who'd never taken a statement before - was the ONLY PERSON TO BELIEVE a young girl claiming to have escaped the monsters who'd abducted her at knifepoint and kept her housed, tormented, and raped.
the young rookie's persistent demands for her superiors to take the girl's story seriously, were what led police to crack one of Australia’s most notorious cases.
so glad vince was persuaded by his persistent rookie
...testimony to 'fresh eyes & input' making a difference!

[emoji887]

Vince appears to be an old skool copper hence why I think care wasn't taken in the JC case!

Like here is someone that's been raped repeatedly and held for a period of time and the cops didn't believe her [emoji17]

I'm surprised there hasn't been more inquests into missing women from this period of time

thanks, janwa.

horrifyingly, only months out of the police academy, a 22year old, policewoman rookie officer - who'd never taken a statement before - was the ONLY PERSON TO BELIEVE a young girl claiming to have escaped the monsters who'd abducted her at knifepoint and kept her housed, tormented, and raped.
the young rookie's persistent demands for her superiors to take the girl's story seriously, were what led police to crack one of Australia’s most notorious cases.
so glad vince was persuaded by his persistent rookie
...testimony to 'fresh eyes & input' making a difference!

[emoji887]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members