Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the The Leopold Hotel, Canning Highway? Dave Warner and his band are playing there tomorrow night, Sat 21st October. By the way, no thongs or steel capped boots. https://tickets.oztix.com.au/default.aspx?Event=76508

I always thought it really strange that his debut novel City of Light which won the WA Premier award for best literature in 1996, had many similarities and predictors to the CSK...a year or so before they happened.

Or was it before they happened, if you include JC?

Yes it was a bit spine chilling I talked about it on Gary Hughes blog and got accused by one of the trolls of accusing Dave Warner of being the killer. I was hoping to stir up sales of the book for him.

OOOH....Spooky!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Funny one!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are copyrighted & can't be reproduced outside of WS without permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I stole it! My PM's disappeared.

Gremlins?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are copyrighted & can't be reproduced outside of WS without permission.

Just because it appears that VS killed his parents in an impulsive and explosive moment doesn't mean that he hadn't committed other violent crimes in the past.

VS killed his parents by stomping on their heads until they were dead - any person capable of killing their own parents in such a violent manner IMO is also capable of other violent crimes.

PLUS WAPOL were convinced the CSK was a taxi driver for many many years.

IMO The point of contention would be whether VS was working as a taxi driver in 1997 when the DNA samples were taken from Perth's taxi driving population????

The police DNA tested all taxi drivers in 1997. After that their focused shifted to LW in 1998. WAPOL were not convinced the CSK was a taxi driver "for many mnay" years, and they only tested drivers due to the the girls being known to be catching a taxi home and anecdotal reports of some drivers doing dodgy things. Taxi drivers were looked at quuckly and publically in order to show the public that the police were proactive and that they were safe in taxis.

The dna testing heightened public hysteria about taxi drivers and was embedded in the public psyche for many many years ťhat a taxi driver probably did it.

The police DNA tested all taxi drivers in 1997. After that their focused shifted to LW in 1998. WAPOL were not convinced the CSK was a taxi driver "for many mnay" years, and they only tested drivers due to the the girls being known to be catching a taxi home and anecdotal reports of some drivers doing dodgy things. Taxi drivers were looked at quuckly and publically in order to show the public that the police were proactive and that they were safe in taxis.

The dna testing heightened public hysteria about taxi drivers and was embedded in the public psyche for many many years ťhat a taxi driver probably did it.

Ok change that to police were convinced for a couple years that the CSK was a taxi driver or was driving a fake taxi. These are JMHO

Wouldn't we all get a shock if he showed up as a witness for the CSK prosecution and he was let out early with a deal. :fence:

Justice John McKechnie initially imposed a life prison term on Silich, but set a minimum term of 15 years... The Court of Appeal today dismissed Silich's application and instead allowed the state's cross-appeal, extending his minimum prison term by four years, taking the sentence to 19 years.

Does anyone else think 15 years for two violent killings was lenient? He did get 4 extra years on appeal but still... Murders occurred in April 2008, so his minimum would have expired April 2017. Does anyone know if he is still in prison or did he get out in the minimum time?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/j...cked-his-parents-to-death-20110628-1goit.html

Wouldn't we all get a shock if he showed up as a witness for the CSK prosecution and he was let out early with a deal. :fence:

Yes I would be spooked!

Might have to end my sleuth-a-thon soon. It's been a long day.....

BTW who's going to attend this next court date?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without permission.

Hi Nicky, One of the biggest changes I think would be at Christ Church Grammer School (CCGS). The old design and tech building as taken down from the corner of Stirling Hwy and Queenscliffe and rebuilt. Do you know when that was? That is very close, and on the same side of the road, to where Ciara was last seen. Did the teachers who were there at the time talk about if it may have been possible for her to be abducted by someone hiding there or at the Church over the road on Queenscliffe?

The school has a ton of money there is ALWAYS redevelopment going on within the grounds, I seem to remember big changes around 2009-10, but I moved away from working there in 2010 to attend UWA so my memory is hazy. I do recall some teachers saying that someone could lurk in the school grounds after hours without any risk, while I was there there was zero security at night or surveillance, which surprised me compared to my school I attended in the UK (which was a similar kind of private school). Also the school grounds were mostly unlit and very dark at night. So absolutely someone could spring an attack from that area or lie in wait.
Within one day of arriving from the UK to CCGS to work there, I heard all about the case from teachers etc, even 10 years after. That is how much it’s still talked about within those Western Suburbs private school circuit.

So does BRE finally need to state his plea on Thursday???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does BRE finally need to state his plea on Thursday???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez I hope so. Would be nice for this to move forward.

Some more details would be good too.
For example, IF he did have an accomplice, surely this would come out soon as he tries to save his own hide from living his days out in prision.

And it would be terrific to put some of the wilder circular sleuthing tangents to bed once and for all.

Geez I hope so. Would be nice for this to move forward.

Some more details would be good too.
For example, IF he did have an accomplice, surely this would come out soon as he tries to save his own hide from living his days out in prision.

And it would be terrific to put some of the wilder circular sleuthing tangents to bed once and for all.
Bunnie,

None of us are causing wilder circular sleuthing tangents. The two incidents below occurred in the years prior to SSs disappearance. They need to be included in the discussions. If any other sleuths feel that the taxi incidents shouldn’t be discussed please let me know.

1994 – Oct Unnamed – aged 31 - At Princess Rd Claremont, woman leapt from speeding taxi after driver and another man crouched in back tried to abduct her. Broke ankle mandm

1995 – Unnamed - Young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to Claremont golf course where he forcibly stripped of her clothes, she escaped – sought help at nearby house. Websths

<modsnip>

Hi Annalise - I don't think we can discuss whether we think he's guilty or innocent here publicly on WS. Because that particular topic of guilt vs innocence can risk subjudice .
Am I right PeteDavo?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to end my sleuth-a-thon soon. It's been a long day.....

BTW who's going to attend this next court date

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without permission.

Hi Spooks - would love to attend the next court date. I'm still waiting for Ticetec to release tickets&#128578;

Hi Annalise - I don't think we can discuss whether we think he's guilty or innocent here publicly on WS. Because that particular topic of guilt vs innocence can risk subjudice .
Am I right PeteDavo?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Hi Spooks - oopsie - guess no one should answer that question then &#128566;

Hi Spooks - oopsie - guess no one should answer that question then [emoji55]

Probably not
Innocent until proven guilty

Bunnie,

None of us are causing wilder circular sleuthing tangents. The two incidents below occurred in the years prior to SSs disappearance. They need to be included in the discussions. If any other sleuths feel that the taxi incidents shouldn&#8217;t be discussed please let me know.

1994 &#8211; Oct Unnamed &#8211; aged 31 - At Princess Rd Claremont, woman leapt from speeding taxi after driver and another man crouched in back tried to abduct her. Broke ankle mandm

1995 &#8211; Unnamed - Young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to Claremont golf course where he forcibly stripped of her clothes, she escaped &#8211; sought help at nearby house. Websths

I've definitely read some wild sleuthing tangents and theories on here! Not being critical, it adds to the interest &#128541; First that comes to mind is the ghostly apparition someone said they saw walking down a road! And, well, some other fairly out there ideas!!! I don't think Bunnie was being overly critical - a fair comment me thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003