Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Good point.

But depending on the level of decomposition of the bodies, if there's no vaginal semen then there's no rape charges. No rape charges doesn't mean he didn't rape the poor victims. Just means there was no evidence of rape.
There's also DNA in hair, sweat, blood, skin cells and saliva too. Evidently there's only a small amount needed. There was DNA on CG, so something was there, we just don't know what.

SK: BTK Denis Radar
I watched YouTube vid of his confession for 10 murders.
Here are some of the SK behaviours he described:
- Owning a 'Hit Kit' which was a briefcase containing the items he needed to commit the crimes.
- Hit Kit usually consisted of various items like guns, rope, bags for covering their heads, and props.
- He used props like a fake 'telephone line testing machine' when he entered a home after telling the female home owner he was working for the telephone company testing the phone lines.
- Radar bought special clothes he called his 'Hit Clothes', which were clothing items that were markedly different to his normal attire.
- He discarded the Hit Clothes after each crime.
- Radar described different stages of serial killer activity.
- 1st stage was Trolling for victims.
- Radar spent a lot of time trolling for potential victims. IIRC weeks or months.
- Trolling involved driving around sussing out homes and victims that would suit his crimes.
- 2nd stage was Stalking. Once Radar decided on a victim, he attempted to find out about them.
- He watched them to learn their schedules, where and when they moved about, how many family members they had or close friends etc. He even looked in their letter boxes to learn their names.
- Stalking helped him decide when to commit the crime to avoid detection.
- Radar called potential victims 'Projects'.
- Radar didn't implicitly state this, but next stage was buying his HIt Clothes and getting his Hit Kit ready.
- Some crimes were committed without his Hit Kit (IIRC), as sometimes he needed to improvise on the spot.
- Final stage was the crime.
- Sometimes he broke into the house and waited for the victim to get home.
- Another time he hid in the house until visitors left and the female victim was alone.
- Sometimes he lied his way in pretending to be someone he was not.
- He killed a whole family, 2 parents, 2 kids. But mostly had female victims.
- He used a gun to control victims.
- He feigned caring, offering victims glasses of water and asking if they were okay or needed anything.
- Radar told lies to victims, like saying he would rape them when he didn't rape them, or lying that he wouldn't harm them and then he strangled them.
- Radar was a sadist and enjoyed watching victims die, and listening to their screams when other members of their family were being attacked.
- Radar got sexual excitement from killing and masturbated over the victims and crimes, but never raped victims.
- Family members were tied up and usually put in separate rooms.
- Radar took Polaroid photos of deceased victims in various positions while they were still tied up. He even tied up some victims post-mortem just for the photos.
- He attempted to clean up crime scened before leaving, but sometimes he got interrupted and had to bail.
- He took trophies, but not always. He didn't take trophies if he got interrupted.

[video]https://youtu.be/jj5zeSDlqa0[/video]

Edit: I didn't take notes while watching the vid, so I hope what i've written here is fairly accurate.

I wonder if the accused went to this much effort (as the BTK SK) preparing and planning his alleged CSK crimes???!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

SK: BTK Denis Radar
I watched YouTube vid of his confession for 10 murders.
Here are some of the SK behaviours he described:
- Owning a 'Hit Kit' which was a briefcase containing the items he needed to commit the crimes.
- Hit Kit usually consisted of various items like guns, rope, bags for covering their heads, and props.
- He used props like a fake 'telephone line testing machine' when he entered a home after telling the female home owner he was working for the telephone company testing the phone lines.
- Radar bought special clothes he called his 'Hit Clothes', which were clothing items that were markedly different to his normal attire.
- He discarded the Hit Clothes after each crime.
- Radar described different stages of serial killer activity.
- 1st stage was Trolling for victims.
- Radar spent a lot of time trolling for potential victims. IIRC weeks or months.
- Trolling involved driving around sussing out homes and victims that would suit his crimes.
- 2nd stage was Stalking. Once Radar decided on a victim, he attempted to find out about them.
- He watched them to learn their schedules, where and when they moved about, how many family members they had or close friends etc. He even looked in their letter boxes to learn their names.
- Stalking helped him decide when to commit the crime to avoid detection.
- Radar called potential victims 'Projects'.
- Radar didn't implicitly state this, but next stage was buying his HIt Clothes and getting his Hit Kit ready.
- Some crimes were committed without his Hit Kit (IIRC), as sometimes he needed to improvise on the spot.
- Final stage was the crime.
- Sometimes he broke into the house and waited for the victim to get home.
- Another time he hid in the house until visitors left and the female victim was alone.
- Sometimes he lied his way in pretending to be someone he was not.
- He killed a whole family, 2 parents, 2 kids. But mostly had female victims.
- He used a gun to control victims.
- He feigned caring, offering victims glasses of water and asking if they were okay or needed anything.
- Radar told lies to victims, like saying he would rape them when he didn't rape them, or lying that he wouldn't harm them and then he strangled them.
- Radar was a sadist and enjoyed watching victims die, and listening to their screams when other members of their family were being attacked.
- Radar got sexual excitement from killing and masturbated over the victims and crimes, but never raped victims.
- Family members were tied up and usually put in separate rooms.
- Radar took Polaroid photos of deceased victims in various positions while they were still tied up. He even tied up some victims post-mortem just for the photos.
- He attempted to clean up crime scened before leaving, but sometimes he got interrupted and had to bail.
- He took trophies, but not always. He didn't take trophies if he got interrupted.

[video]https://youtu.be/jj5zeSDlqa0[/video]

Edit: I didn't take notes while watching the vid, so I hope what i've written here is fairly accurate.

Great post spooks. So he dehumanised them by calling them projects

Great post spooks. So he dehumanised them by calling them projects

You could say that.
Also the manner in which BTK described the crimes and the total lack of emotion displayed in the court room is spooky.

Thanks Janwa. :blushing::happydance:

Bit of history about The Conti Hotel
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/new-era-for-claremont-hotel-ng-ya-353315

aka The Red Rock Hotel, Cagney's on the Terrace, The Claremont, Fink's Hotel, and McManus' Hotel.

Bayview Terrace 1915
attachment.php

https://www.weekendnotes.com/claremont-town-centre-heritage-trail/

Attachments

• bay-view-tce.jpg
    bay-view-tce.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 87

Thanks.
That lot will keep me busy for a while!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998

According to this article Kerry Turner's 18 year old brother had been injected with drugs and murdered six years before Kerry went missing. I wonder if there could be a connection between her disappearance and her brothers death. MOO

Yes good question
Did sleuths explore this in earlier threads?

We should throw into the mix that the accused did his training at the Telecom Technical College on the corner of Ley St and Manning Rd Como. There's a pub nearby called the Mount Henry Tavern, and a couple of others around there, the Raffles in Applecross, the Waterford in Karawara, The Como on Canning Hwy, etc. Were any unsolved "incidents" reported in 1980's? Anything near Manning Rd etc?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
South Perth where Cheryl lived is fairly close to Manning .....

The domestic airport had a hotel and that’s fairly close to Kewdale. There’s been two incidents, where the victim’s vehicle has been located within the airport’s car park. There was the garage which opened all night too.

1986 - 25 or 26 May - Cheryl Renwick - aged 33 - Cheryl lived in a South Perth Unit, and worked in North Perth. Cheryl’s car was found at the domestic airport car park, but she didn’t leave the state. thewest

1994 - 12 Jan - Nicola La Falce (male) – aged 38 - Nicola was last seen leaving a a pizza shop in Wembley. He was driving a blue ford courier – later located at Perth domestic airport. MP

(Wembley to North Perth - 5kms)

IMO I think the reaction to BRE you are describing right there is the EXACT reason why the accused was able to disarm his alleged victims so easily.

I had a similar reaction when he was arrested.

Who knows! Maybe he's good at making first impressions?

I'm guessing the accused's manner and personality sent out ZERO bad vibes. Hence why he was able to volunteer for so long at LA without detection or slightest suspicion.

I'm not saying he was a likeable character, but IMO he has something about him that made me question the arrest, and it's probably the same part of his character that possibly made people feel at ease around him.

Until that moment however when he revealed his true (alleged) violent intentions. Then they, the victims, knew they had been duped.

IMO Much like a pedophile has to gain the trust of his/her victims through grooming, a SK must gain 'trust' of society by hiding their evil murderous intentions in order to have access to potential victims.

He seemed to move through society without too many issues (that I can perceive with the little we know about him).

I agree Spooks.

Initially I'd thought at least one or two of the girls were likely taken in a blitz attack similar to the Karrakatta abduction/rape but as I said before, nothing of the girls items were found near where they were last seen where you might expect to see signs of a struggle, some sort of a fight where a shoe's flown off or personal bits and pieces in a handbag have scattered, a button, keys ... something.

So, unfortunately I think the girls MAY have perceived him as being "safe".

His pictures are interestingl, I think I can spot a fake straight up but he's quite convincing. This picture though, taken by surprise when he hadn't had time to compose his best face is a good one. I think it's a little glimpse of what he might be like when he's turned, there's a shark behind those eyes. imo.
attachment.php

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

Attachments

• BE.PNG
    BE.PNG
    173 KB · Views: 97
I agree Spooks.

Initially I'd thought at least one or two of the girls were likely taken in a blitz attack similar to the Karrakatta abduction/rape but as I said before, nothing of the girls items were found near where they were last seen where you might expect to see signs of a struggle, some sort of a fight where a shoe's flown off or personal bits and pieces in a handbag have scattered, a button, keys ... something.

So, unfortunately I think the girls MAY have perceived him as being "safe".

His pictures are interestingl, I think I can spot a fake straight up but he's quite convincing. This picture though, taken by surprise when he hadn't had time to compose his best face is a good one. I think it's a little glimpse of what he might be like when he's turned, there's a shark behind those eyes. imo.
attachment.php

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf
That photo was dated 2009 - it shows he's been working out and has upper body muscle similar to the MM in JRs video.

During the 1980s/1990s there was a very popular gym in Maddington called St Patrick's. It was on the Albany Hwy. Possibly the closest one to Huntingdale.

Can someone please tell me the exact location where Gerard Ross was:
a) abducted
b) found?
TIA

<modsnip> I'm looking for any information on Kerry Turner's brother. Also information on the man convicted of manslaughter for injecting her brother with drugs. Thought there could be a connection there. I can only find how her brother died and that a man was convicted in 1985. No more details. MOO

Something about Kerry Turner having a blue car come up behind her fast and then stopping (after which she got in) makes me think of the guy who chased Julie Cutler on Stirling Highway. Although I don't know what colour the car that followed Julie was. MOO

When JC left the Parmelia, was the perpetrator already waiting for her inside her car?????

When JC left the Parmelia, was the perpetrator already waiting for her inside her car?????

Yes! Either hiding in her car or waiting nearby and followed her. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members