Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frame grab below from channel 7 news showing crime scene KT. Of note is that it appears to be close to a dirt road and there was no attempt to hide the body.

On June 30, 1991 KT accepted a lift from a driver in Victoria Park - vehicle described as dark blue similar to a Datsun 260C which had spoked wheels. This was the last known sighting of KT and her body was found at Canning Dam 4 weeks later.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/s...der-of-teen-kerry-turner-20160628-gptg4f.html

attachment.php
Spinnaker , yep It does not look like the body has been hidden well . It may be behind a log but only one log by looks.
That is moderately sparse bushland ,
not far off a gravel road intersection .

A few different frames from the link edited .
bead6d6ed72903330fdf6ea8163d2f5f.jpg
9bc3fee9d37037827e4adb4bd97e752f.jpg
fe02e3d0e93468672a434c4aca6c2348.jpg
b8df792fcca4abc79bc12703e09de044.jpg

https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/what...r-slam-unfair-cold-case-rewards-ng-b88647236z

I would love to know what happened to that blue car. When it was gotten rid of. If it was crushed at the tip that would have been a good way of destroying evidence. This sounds a bit macarbre but it would also be a way of destroying and hiding bodies if he had put any in the trunk. MOO
Perhaps if the blue car was used for anything evil, it would have been disposed of years ago.

The VS Commodore didn't seem to be kept for a long period of time. Perhaps, in the past when the media mentioned the model of the car it was sold very quickly and even for a loss!

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

Quote Spinnaker "Does anyone know what sort of car in accussed driveway?" A suspicious car.

Others have suggested it's a Cortina. I'm not sure, as car looks to have been altered. Looks like it's two tone but that could have come from panel beating.

However, I'm not buying the story by TE that it belonged to CGE (and still in the driveway) and that the accessed and GCE didn't meet until around 1998. That was when they bought Eagles member tickets as a family sitting together. That is a serious commitment (and possibly having to be on a waiting list before getting memberships), to make when you've just met IMO.

IC - how do you know BRE and CGE's family bought their tickets and sat together? They are all listed as being 20 year members suggesting that they all joined the same year, but together? Ive wondered whether the timing they supposedly met (according to Trueblue VI) coinciding with the purchase of the eagles tickets may have been the place they actually met.
Also, although I only vaguely recall TE speaking about the car, Trueblue also stated the car belonged to CGE. I got the impression they weren't that well acquainted with BRE from their posts. Could be wrong.

We need a list!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
I can research and upload some samples of cars if I'm given some brand names. How old does everyone think the blue car is - I'd think 20 years.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126055&stc=1

I thought that car was identified as a gemini
In all honesty I can only see a gemini out of the car in BRE's driveway. I looked really close at it a while ago and could not see spoke like wheels so really think that car was unrelated to Kerry Turners disappearance.

IC - how do you know BRE and CGE's family bought their tickets and sat together? They are all listed as being 20 year members suggesting that they all joined the same year, but together? Ive wondered whether the timing they supposedly met (according to Trueblue VI) coinciding with the purchase of the eagles tickets may have been the place they actually met.
Also, although I only vaguely recall TE speaking about the car, Trueblue also stated the car belonged to CGE. I got the impression they weren't that well acquainted with BRE from their posts. Could be wrong.

As far as I'm aware as a WCE member you choose your seats when you join and that's where you sit, you can't change them. You could try to get new memberships close by the original seats, but If you did want to change to sit together with someone and their small child who couldn't be left on their own you would have to go back in the que for a memberships and seats that were together. That's OK if there isn't a que but the Eagles could have people waiting 5 years or more to became members (although not sure how long you would have to wait in 1998 IMO).

Maybe they've got separate memberships and sitting nowhere near each other for 20 years but ??? For WCE members, this is a big commitment and something you plan for IMO.

Great photos Met - the area looks quite muddy, I wonder if there were tracks left.

I thought her body was found 4 weeks after she went missing - so presumably tracks washed away?

Perhaps if the blue car was used for anything evil, it would have been disposed of years ago.

The VS Commodore didn't seem to be kept for a long period of time. Perhaps, in the past when the media mentioned the model of the car it was sold very quickly and even for a loss!

These are only my thoughts and opinions.

I think his Commodore was a Telstra Commodore. It used to be the case that Government cars were only kept a couple of years depending on how much distance they did. The disposal of the car wouldn't have been directly by BRE.

With regard to the witness who identified the car which KT accepted a ride from. We don't know how certain that person was, with regard to the make and model. I don't know what models all the cars are.

We also don't know if that was the final lift in the journey, how lucky would you be to be picked up by someone who didn't live in KTs area and be prepared to take you home. Or how unlucky to be picked up by someone who did live in her area that she may have even known and initially felt safe with.

In all honesty I can only see a gemini out of the car in BRE's driveway. I looked really close at it a while ago and could not see spoke like wheels so really think that car was unrelated to Kerry Turners disappearance.

You mean like this 1979 Holden Gemini? Or the 1987 Holden Gemini?

The car in driveway looked to have wider wheels than normal to me, but the roof line going down to the boot looks different.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Source Google Images: https://www.google.com.au/search?bi....0.0.0....0.UPRbIwSRWMY#imgrc=LXtd4In9AED4JM:

Attachments

• Holden Gemini_1979.JPG
    Holden Gemini_1979.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Holden_Gemini_1987.JPG
    Holden_Gemini_1987.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 105
You mean like this 1979 Holden Gemini? Or the 1987 Holden Gemini?

The car in driveway looked to have wider wheels than normal to me, but the roof line going down to the boot looks different.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Source Google Images: https://www.google.com.au/search?bi....0.0.0....0.UPRbIwSRWMY#imgrc=LXtd4In9AED4JM:

Hi IC - back in Websleuths Claremont Killer #8 there is a lot of discussion about the blue Gemini. One poster Sparklingwater 12/25/2016 says the picture of the car on the driveway was taken by Google in 2007! I didn't realise it was there from late 90's to 2007 or longer. I thought it would have been crushed back in late 90's. MOO

As far as I'm aware as a WCE member you choose your seats when you join and that's where you sit, you can't change them. You could try to get new memberships close by the original seats, but If you did want to change to sit together with someone and their small child who couldn't be left on their own you would have to go back in the que for a memberships and seats that were together..snipped..Maybe they've got separate memberships and sitting nowhere near each other for 20 years but ??? For WCE members, this is a big commitment and something you plan for IMO.
There must be a provision to change your seats when renewing if available. I have friends that have switched in and out of boxes over the years when they've become available and had enough people interested, then dropped them again for regular seats. I know seat swapping goes on also amongst members who dont mind shifting either permanently or for occasional games too
I favour the possibility they joined separately and were seated together randomly & thats how they met given the timing.

There must be a provision to change your seats when renewing if available. I have friends that have switched in and out of boxes over the years when they've become available and had enough people interested, then dropped them again for regular seats. I know seat swapping goes on also amongst members who dont mind shifting either permanently or for occasional games too
I favour the possibility they joined separately and were seated together randomly & thats how they met given the timing.

Yes.
But did BRE join WCE by himself or with someone?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

I can research and upload some samples of cars if I'm given some brand names. How old does everyone think the blue car is - I'd think 20 years.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126055&stc=1
Looks like a 1970's Toyota Corona
http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5983
Note the placement of license plate, because that'll rule out many models of cars. Anyhow, IMO this is unlikely the KT abduction vehicle would've been kept after the publicity in 1997, unless the witness got the vehicle wrong. I don't know who the witness is, but I'm inclined to take it with a big grain of salt, because it could well of been the perp who claimed to be a "witness".
The puddles at the dump site is to be expected because there was a huge storm in WA at the time. The Kirki disaster happened that week due to it.
https://www.amsa.gov.au/environment...nt/major-historical-incidents/Kirki/index.asp

It seems that the last paragraph in this story is suggestive that police have reason to be that more than 1 person is involved somehow. Did the witness say how many people were in the car, and police withheld that?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/e19ebf4e766f223471bfa9e2d15cf6c2
Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Looks like a 1970's Toyota Corona
http://club4ag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5983
Note the placement of license plate, because that'll rule out many models of cars. Anyhow, IMO this is unlikely the KT abduction vehicle would've been kept after the publicity in 1997, unless the witness got the vehicle wrong. I don't know who the witness is, but I'm inclined to take it with a big grain of salt, because it could well of been the perp who claimed to be a "witness".
The puddles at the dump site is to be expected because there was a huge storm in WA at the time. The Kirki disaster happened that week due to it.
https://www.amsa.gov.au/environment...nt/major-historical-incidents/Kirki/index.asp
Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Could it have been a yellow Toyota Corona and was painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member