Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR worked in Childcare. Did JR study Early Childhood Learning at university? Or maybe a TAFE course?
Isn't there a TAFE in the Perth CBD?
Maybe JR crossed paths with ECE or BRE in the city.

I understand that, but on that basis are we to take every witness statement ever made about a crime to be inaccurate as the person may not have known what they were talking about?

Maybe the person was colour blind and drunk and it was actually a pink Lamborghini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well they do say 'come forward with info no matter how insignificant you think it may be'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

JR worked in Childcare. Did JR study Early Childhood Learning at university? Or maybe a TAFE course?
Isn't there a TAFE in the Perth CBD?
Maybe JR crossed paths with ECE or BRE in the city.
There is Central TAFE & Leederville TAFE. Back then I'm not sure that Leederville had been established. Again back then I think all early Childhood learning was done at Ngala in Kensington

Image of Toyota Corona and car in BRE's driveway:

attachment.php
attachment.php

POI moved into house 2000, someone said this photo was on Google Earth dated 2007.

a. Was the car left at the house when it was sold (supposed to have been removed but never was)
b. If POI brought it to the house, when was that.
c. If it was POIs where was it kept before he moved there.

IMO this is not a Holden Gemini or Toyota Corona.

This car is more boxy, with a distinctive ridge feature running down side of car doors. And the rear window has a lipped bit at the top.

But I could be wrong!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
Yes agreed, I'm trying to wrack my brain as to the make and model, as it seems a common car back in 70's to see old cars that had a Backwards slope to the rear window.
Something like the old BMW 1500, Renault 12's, Totoya Carona T40, Ford Cortina Mk1, but the tail lights are not the round like the Cortina's nor the small like the BMW's and the bumper isn't the Renault's nor the Toyota's. And it's definitely not got the rounded lines of an old Ford Anglia 105E, Morris, Austin or Rover.
Maybe it's an image blur? because after 1970 I don't think there were many cars with backwards sloping windows any more.

The rubber inside the bumper rules out a Gemini TD as their bumpers were solid chrome. However the bumper does fit the Gemini TE's bumper, tail light set up and plate position. And if someone put the side strip high up on the body, it could like like the car in the driveway.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...px-1979-1982_Holden_TE_Gemini_SL_sedan_01.jpg

I suppose when she accepted the ride from Shepperton Rd, Vic Park, that person may have taken her as far as Gosnells, Beckenham or Kenwick and from there got another ride to Kelmscott, Armadale.
Or the Royal St turn off to Thornlie? But then, that's just conjecture, unless you know someone with a car that could've matched the description, like a Blue TE Gemini, living in Thornlie at the time, who would've just knocked off shift work in Perth, and had a history of making rash impetuous decisions, like road rage, or something along those lines...

Yes agreed, I'm trying to wrack my brain as to the make and model, as it seems a common car back in 70's to see old cars that had a Backwards slope to the rear window.
Something like the old BMW 1500, Renault 12's, Totoya Carona T40, Ford Cortina Mk1, but the tail lights are not the round like the Cortina's nor the small like the BMW's and the bumper isn't the Renault's nor the Toyota's. And it's definitely not got the rounded lines of an old Ford Anglia 105E, Morris, Austin or Rover.
Maybe it's an image blur? because after 1970 I don't think there were many cars with backwards sloping windows any more.

The rubber inside the bumper rules out a Gemini TD as their bumpers were solid chrome. However the bumper does fit the Gemini TE's bumper, tail light set up and plate position. And if someone put the side strip high up on the body, it could like like the car in the driveway.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...px-1979-1982_Holden_TE_Gemini_SL_sedan_01.jpg

Might be some type of ‘rally/sports kit’. Sometimes optional extras during that era. Mags or spoked rims, some sort of spoiler (supposedly to stop the rear end sliding out when you were lawfully negotiating corners, performing a u-turn) and/or maybe racing stripes to make the car go faster, etc ;)

re: Car parked in BRE driveway

attachment.php

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...s/news-story/44d3d60b4c894e632bb30a23a11bc787

Did the blue car maybe have one of those aftermarket sun-shades-things attached to the rear of roof, shading top part of back window? Giving the impression of a rear sloped back window?

Also, I'm perplexed as to why the whole left side of the car seems to be two different shades of colour....and (as someone may have mentioned here) therefore was the back rear left corner damaged? Maybe the lights are broken and back quarter panel had some dodgy panel beating?

PLUS

The blue car appears to be parked VERY CLOSE to the neighbours fence. As if the car remains parked there permanently and is never driven. Parked as close as possible to neighbours fence so it doesn't take up too much room on the property. If it was a 'daily driver' (i.e., a car driven every day), then I can't imagine the driver parking that close to the fence all the time.

IMO, the car wasn't used that often, and therefore probably was NOT driven by family members, or visiting friends.

Lastly, the yellow area on the rear bumper, that we can assume to be the rego plate looks huge, and out of proportion to the rear bumper. Is this an optical illusion? Or an aberration due to poor image quality? What size where the old rego plates used back when the car was new in, lets guess, the 70's or 80's? Anyone remember?

Attachments

• BRE blue car in driveway.jpeg
    BRE blue car in driveway.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 97
Might be some type of ‘rally/sports kit’. Sometimes optional extras during that era. Mags or spoked rims, some sort of spoiler (supposedly to stop the rear end sliding out when you were lawfully negotiating corners, performing a u-turn) and/or maybe racing stripes to make the car go faster, etc ;)

A rear spoiler used for extra balance and down force thats attached to race cars usually sits atop the boot, towards rear of boot. Usually called a rear spoiler or wing (for the bigger ones!).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_(car)

But I like your train of thought!

This Gemini pictured here has front and rear spoilers!
Front spoilers help reduce the amount of air that travels under the car making the race car more stable while high speed racing.
Rear spoilers create down force, making the race car more stable and producing slightly more 'oomph' because the rear tyres can grip the road better. Especially noticeable in rear-wheel drive race cars.

attachment.php

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/1606/special-edition-holden-geminis

Attachments

• holden-gemini-country-dealer-team.jpg
    holden-gemini-country-dealer-team.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 109
There is Central TAFE & Leederville TAFE. Back then I'm not sure that Leederville had been established. Again back then I think all early Childhood learning was done at Ngala in Kensington

How can we find out what Early Childhood Learning (ECL) Courses were available when JR left school?
I had a quick goggle in Google, but just lots of current info only.

Anybody know anyone is this are they could possibly ask?
Popular Pete?

I think 99.9% of people would agree with you. Me included. Some people here are just like WAPOL. As much as they want it to be a Datsun - it isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bottom line is it does not matter if the car in the alleged CSK's driveway is not a blue Datsun 260C with spoked wheels.

JanWA raised a very important point that there is no confirmation that a Datsun was the final car that KT got into - she could indeed have got a lift for some of the way home in the alleged Datsun and then commenced hitch hiking again, and being abducted in a completely different vehicle.

IMO we cannot rule out the possibility that the CSK was involved in the murder of KT.

We also cannot rule out the possibility that should BRE be found guilty of the alleged crimes that the blue vehicle in his driveway may have been utilised at some point in connection with crimes.

A rear spoiler used for extra balance and down force thats attached to race cars usually sits atop the boot, towards rear of boot. Usually called a rear spoiler or wing (for the bigger ones!).

Front spoilers help reduce the amount of air that travels under the car making the race car more stable while high speed racing.
Rear spoilers create down force, making the race car more stable and producing slightly more 'oomph' because the rear tyres can grip the road better. Especially noticeable in rear-wheel drive race cars.

attachment.php

I've only seen the wagons with rear window spoilers, dunno if they made them for the sedan, but the rear window roof could be optical distortion. But again, it was said by an insider earlier that the car in the driveway was a relative's, and wasn't purchased new.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

How can we find out what Early Childhood Learning (ECL) Courses were available when JR left school?

Popular Pete?
There were degree courses at WACAE Churchlands once in Early Childhood Education to become kindergarten teachers.
That place is now called Edith Cowan University.
Dunno about TAFE, they didn't offer degrees, so it'd be a certificate course to become an assistant, only.

Popular Pete?

Various TAFES offered the 1 yr certificate then 3 yr diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care. Must have been over 25 yrs ago as I used to "facilitate" a 12 week child care course at a Neighbourhood House in Langford. This was when all kinds of outfits could apply for funding. Shortly after regulations were tightened and child care courses were then through the Tafe system or Meerillinga. Once you had your Diploma you could apply for work at the day care centres. The certificate did involve practical hours at the centres and often people would be offered jobs to take up when they completed the diploma.

re: Missing Clothing Theme and Searching for Trophies

hey I vaguely recall reading about WAPOL searching LW and SR properties for specific clothing.?
MAybe searching for clothing belonging to victims.
Does anyone have the link to a newspaper article that mentions these searches for clothing items?

Around the same time maybe that WAPOL asked LW's relative if LW likes to wear ladies clothing!

attachment.php

I should have added some cars had ‘wind deflectors’(?) above the rear window. Mostly for ‘show’, along with mags, etc.

I should have added some cars had ‘wind deflectors’(?) above the rear window. Mostly for ‘show’, along with mags, etc.

Yes!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Yes, got one of them on the back of the second car. Doesn't do much except save the paintwork on the Territory when leaving before the garage door is fully open.
There were one's you could get for a sedan back in the old days but they were more like fibre glass mini spoilers rather than wind deflectors like on vans.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/roof-spoiler-effect-25824.html

Yes, got one of them on the back of the second car. Doesn't do much except save the paintwork on the Territory when leaving before the garage door is fully open.
There were one's you could get for a sedan back in the old days but they were more like fibre glass mini spoilers rather than wind deflectors like on vans.

Yes, not unlike the sportier hatches today. (Definitely not like the ‘sunshades’ Dads/Grandads had above the front and rear windows of their old Holdens, etc.)

Sounds like somebody's reversed into the partially open garage door? [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members