Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know very little about murder and court cases but I know there’s a thing trying to come in from Hayley dodds family about no body, no parole. Is it possible that the search for the Camry has gotten BRE talking and admitting to SS murder in the hope he will strike a deal for reduced sentence or parole?

From memory, the lake almost totally dried out a few years ago. And that happens every few years.
I believe that Belmont CC drained it or dredged it out of rubbish and weeds before they installed the platform and gazebo, as I remember a story about saving the Turtles or something. Remember, it's an unverified Post about police divers searching tomato Lake. Furthermore it's unverified whether it's to do with the case against the accused, nor what they're looking for.
More likely they're looking for something to do with a recent local crime.

Besides, if Sarah was the first, then the US studies of Serial Killers that I quoted yesterday suggests that she would be the furthest away. And also any other evidence would be dumped as far away from his home as he could get.
https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/966816386390614017
Was she the first though?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Just speaking hypothetically.

Maybe some one at some point found something that could incriminate some one they were close to and threw it in the lake to hide it. Maybe they have now had a pang of conscience but unfortunately unless the item was big it will be buried in the silt.

I don't think it is connected to the case in question.

https://www.yelp.com.au/biz_photos/tomato-lake-reserve-kewdale

It seems like someone is talking. A new charge and searching a lake! Just moo, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the WA Police dive squad do training often. Could be that IF they were there at Tomato Lake. Don't forget the 'art of distraction' while they search somewhere else maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder also if more will come out about MM
I expect a a lot of revelations from witnesses will come out, if there's a trial.
Some would support the prosecution version of events, some supporting the defence's. It'll be up to the Jury with direction from the Judge to weigh up the evidence and decide if the charges are proved or not. Unless it's a Judge only trial.
Remember that charges could be withdrawn, or added prior to committal, and it's early days yet. The Alan Taylor murder case has only just got to a 5 week trial after almost 2 years since the arrests.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...emacist-death-squad-murder-court-told/9410282

I mean I wonder if BRE will come out as being MM. I thought they had interviewed all surveillance camera people, no one seems to know MM 🧐

As for tomato lake, I wonder if they are looking for the momentos rather than a body or car.

Apologies my reply to this is above. Quotations are being silly tonight.

I expect a a lot of revelations from witnesses will come out, if there's a trial.
Some would support the prosecution version of events, some supporting the defence's. It'll be up to the Jury with direction from the Judge to weigh up the evidence and decide if the charges are proved or not. Unless it's a Judge only trial.
Remember that charges could be withdrawn, or added prior to committal, and it's early days yet. The Alan Taylor murder case has only just got to a 5 week trial after almost 2 years since the arrests.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...emacist-death-squad-murder-court-told/9410282

Do you think WAPOL only added more charges to delay court dates?
And perhaps sometime in future they may withdraw charges?
Especially if they don't have enough evidence by then?

Like a ploy to get more time?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Do you think WAPOL only added more charges to delay court dates?
And perhaps sometime in future they may withdraw charges?
Especially if they don't have enough evidence by then?

Like a ploy to get more time?

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
Any reply I could make would probably be Subjudicial, so I won't.

"He appealed for people to refrain from posting comments about the case on social media, warning those who did so could be liable for prosecution."

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-...-with-sarah-spiers-murder/9475258?pfmredir=sm
Refresher on Sub Judice Contempt.

https://www.vgso.vic.gov.au/content/refresher-sub-judice-contempt-publish-or-not-publish

https://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/medialaw_in_australia_03.html

Yeh figured.

Thanks to those who posted information regarding sub-judice.

I clearly recall, within the early months of 1996, my 12-year-old daughter urging me to look at a poster of a young woman who was missing. She insisted I look at the poster, making me aware of how important the issue was - urging me to look out for the missing woman. The poster was printed on A4 and distributed throughout Perth.

That was twenty-two years ago – and I now have granddaughters who are similar ages to what my daughter was.

This week, we received such good news!

Ok I'll shut up now [emoji15][emoji317]

Did the link to searching Tomato lake get posted or is it a wild duck chase. Not sure if the algal bloom report is current if it is true the divers will need a good rinse down.

http://www.belmont.wa.gov.au/Pages/Algal-Bloom.aspx

Hey, it was a local that posted it, coincidental that searching the lake the same day as BRE charged obviously led him to draw conclusions. It was on the ABC Facebook site where he linked his wife to the comment. The whole post on the ABC page has been removed!

Hey, it was a local that posted it, coincidental that searching the lake the same day as BRE charged obviously led him to draw conclusions. It was on the ABC Facebook site where he linked his wife to the comment. The whole post on the ABC page has been removed!

Yes good - there was plenty of dodgy comments there

Think you've scared everyone away from commenting PD [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know very little about murder and court cases but I know there’s a thing trying to come in from Hayley dodds family about no body, no parole. Is it possible that the search for the Camry has gotten BRE talking and admitting to SS murder in the hope he will strike a deal for reduced sentence or parole?
I think with 3 murders there will be no chance of parole and given the high profile of this case If the suspect is found guilty he won't ever see the outside of prison again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Think you've scared everyone away from commenting PD [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Facebook, twitter and reddit is more of a worry because of the lack of moderation.
Newspaper websites have either of stopped allowing comments by now or have implemented moderating before posts are allowed. The Victorian Courts and the High Court threats to pursue subjice contempt were directed at some politicians remarks, if I remember correctly. I think that was the closest anyone got to being prosecuted within recent history.

There are several posts from mods discussing the issue of sub judice in this case. One I cant locate exactly, probably thread 10, but It started as follows:

"Although Websleuths is a private forum based in the USA, it does not function under the laws that apply to all countries, but does try to accommodate such laws. Content will be removed if it is determined that it is a clear violation. WS will also comply with law enforcement or the judiciary if a request is received to remove....

Link to previous post by sillybilly re sub judice in this case below
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Western-Australia-10&p=13051912#post13051912

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli