Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how Steven Ross became a person of interest? Could that have been because he reported giving SS a ride in his taxi, the day before she disappeared. He'd told the police about SS being with a tall man with dark hair. I'm aware that he was/is an acquaintance of Peter Weygers who also became a POI. Why was it these two people became POIs?

As detailed in the West Australian 22 March 1997 reporting on the phone call Ross had made to the ABC about that night, Ross reported a handsome, well dressed blonde haired man sharing the cab with Sarah.
This description is quite different to the one in the article the witness saw her with the next morning "tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black hair, with small curls at the back"
Ross initial description was also omitted in the subsequent letter to the Post written by Ross on 04Jun16 posted by Met recently
Thats one reason it makes that article so odd. Perfect description of MM though, unfortunately we didnt know about him for another 3 years. 700 people did though apparently, although some described him as blonde there too. I cant make heads or tails of any of the article.

As detailed in the West Australian 22 March 1997 reporting on the phone call Ross had made to the ABC about that night, Ross reported a handsome, well dressed blonde haired man sharing the cab with Sarah.
This description is quite different to the one in the article the witness saw her with the next morning "tall, well dressed, skinny with sharp features, black hair, with small curls at the back"
Ross initial description was also omitted in the subsequent letter to the Post written by Ross on 04Jun16 posted by Met recently
Thats one reason it makes that article so odd. Perfect description of MM though, unfortunately we didnt know about him for another 3 years. 700 people did though apparently, although some described him as blonde there too. I cant make heads or tails of any of the article.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/aae84ee10c82f1ca8fd71d2e0b4d2c38.jpg

Then at the end of this article in bold writing it says “a police spokesman said - police do not wish to comment”. I would love to know what the police did about this report from Steven Ross.

The police apparently received a report from David Boudville who claims he saw SS with a tall dark haired man at her South Perth apartment block. It has never been mentioned what came of that. MOO

Do we have any images where BE is skinny with sharp facial features, because that is not how I would describe him in the images I have seen?

Do we have any images where BE is skinny with sharp facial features, because that is not how I would describe him in the images I have seen?

Hi Mo Joe - there are mostly pictures of BRE as a middle aged man. If you look at this picture of him and imagine him 20 years younger and a lot thinner - I think he would have sharp features. If he was the MM in the video he was quite thin. Could have been on amphetamines which causes weight loss. Just my opinion of course.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...TyKlfr0j59FJCBLXNC7KV1GKKOLuOK_79zhah6sEd2-l7

Melb,

In answer to your query regarding the next court date... I've got an unconfirmed date which is 28 Feb 2018.

Hi Mo Joe - there are mostly pictures of BRE as a middle aged man. If you look at this picture of him and imagine him 20 years younger and a lot thinner - I think he would have sharp features. If he was the MM in the video he was quite thin. Could have been on amphetamines which causes weight loss. Just my opinion of course.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...TyKlfr0j59FJCBLXNC7KV1GKKOLuOK_79zhah6sEd2-l7
Rather than him having sharp features, I'd describe him as having distinctive features. I could only describe him as having a nice,neat hair cut, short dark hair, which is shiny (in the day time). He's tall, but I wouldn't know how tall by just looking at him, unless he's standing beside a tape measure how would we know how tall he was. JMO

So does everyone expect a "not guilty" plea from BRE?

My thoughts based on my limited knowledge of the judicial system:

- If the suspect is innoncent he has no incentive to plead guilty because I doubt he would get less than a life sentence anyway

- If the suspect is guilty same as above, unless:

a) He figures he has nothing to lose and wants to brag about his deeds and taking so long to be caught

b) He falsely believes his actions were righteous and thus he has no reason to lie

No photos that Ive seen would I describe as skinny with sharp facial features.
KK's description of her attacker appears way more suitable "183cm tall of medium to solid build with brown collar length hair"

Why are we talking about drugs? Is there any evidence for this?

This article came out the day after Ross called the radio station about the night he had SS in his taxi. It is the only time I've seen a description of the man who got out of the taxi with Sarah. The handsome blonde man.

Also, the article quotes a witness identifying a blonde man seen talking to Jane Rimmer in the cctv footage the night she disappears, as looking like the blonde man offering to give her (the witness) a lift home the night before Ciara disappeared from St Quentin's Ave.

I think I missed what you were talking about with 700 people. Could you please explain that?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Theories.JPG
    Theories.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 198

Hi Mo Joe - It was said that MM looked thin in the video with JR. If it turns out MM was BRE then perhaps he was using drugs that would make him thin (amphetamines). Then there is the poi with SS at her South Perth apartment block who was said to be thin with dark hair and sharp features. The poi may have been the accused CSK. Just my thoughts. MOO

No evidence then.

Some people seem to be going off on improbable tangents.

From the little I have seen he doesn't look or act like a druggie to me. jmo

With regard to Mo Joe's comment regarding the accused not looking or acting like a druggie.

I think we can exclude the use of amphetamines. But what about drugs like cocaine, which professional people are known to use.
Taking drugs or gambling may explain why the accused owns such a plain house. Perhaps drug taking was one of the reasons the ex-wives left the partnership. BRE was on a good, regular wage, he always had an income. There's also gambling.

I think him (BRE) being a drug-taker makes good sense, especially if he was coping with something mentally.

JMO.

Also I remember reading a Kewdale Little Athletics newsletter mentioning about BRE getting a joke award for getting hammered at a wedding and showing up the next day worse for wear (not 100% on the details... bad memory). Assuming BRE is CSK, I imagine he would have struggled to control his drinking on many occasions lest he give out too much condemning information or let his "other side" come out. Unless he was cocky enough to consider himself a master of compartmentalisation and didn't fear slipping up while under the influence.

If anyone could track it down that would be great.
I posted a screen grab of that article a few threads ago.
From memory, he did let something go.
The contents of his stomach, numerous times.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

No evidence then.

Some people seem to be going off on improbable tangents.

From the little I have seen he doesn't look or act like a druggie to me. jmo

So Mo Joe - do you have evidence that he didn’t take drugs? Did you know him personally back in 1996? MOO

I posted a screen grab of that article a few threads ago.
From memory, he did let something go.
The contents of his stomach, numerous times.

Hi Petedavo - I posted this on 16 Dec to Milamber 182

Hi Milamber182 - BRE won the Soft Crocs Award for being very drunk

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch, one croc member was attending a wedding in the country on the Saturday of our home game, however got so smashed through copious amounts of re-hydration fluid he suffered from short term alcohol memory loss for a time after, his guardian angel and better half Catherine advises that upon becoming heavily intoxicated decided to repeat the word “Congratulations” many many times during the evening, then power spewing on more than one occasion in the paddock, bystanders were amazed that he was able to make it through the piles of chunder he’d left on the ground to the car, where he then proceeded to head butt his car tyres for a period, so much so that Catherine had to place a beanie on his head to make sure he didn’t injure himself.
A well deserved nomination for Bradley “Shorts” Edwards. MOO

Hi Petedavo - I posted this on 16 Dec to Milamber 182

Hi Milamber182 - BRE won the Soft Crocs Award for being very drunk

http://centralcrocs.asn.au/newsletters/03-2009.pdf

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch, one croc member was attending a wedding in the country on the Saturday of our home game, however got so smashed through copious amounts of re-hydration fluid he suffered from short term alcohol memory loss for a time after, his guardian angel and better half Catherine advises that upon becoming heavily intoxicated decided to repeat the word “Congratulations” many many times during the evening, then power spewing on more than one occasion in the paddock, bystanders were amazed that he was able to make it through the piles of chunder he’d left on the ground to the car, where he then proceeded to head butt his car tyres for a period, so much so that Catherine had to place a beanie on his head to make sure he didn’t injure himself.
A well deserved nomination for Bradley “Shorts” Edwards. MOO
"Power spewing".
I think we speculated as to whether some of the DNA recovered from the crime scenes were from vomit.
It will certainly be interesting to see what is finally disclosed in court though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member