Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is now a Magistrates Court which is part of the Supreme Court. All pre trial hearings are heard there to leave the Supreme Court court rooms free for trials.

The criminal jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of Western Australia includes such serious matters as murder, armed robbery, arson and those Commonwealth drug offences which carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment. Frequently, accused persons charged with any of these offences are in custody on remand. For this and other reasons, undue delay cannot be tolerated. In order to better manage those cases within the Supreme Court's jurisdiction, with the aim of reducing delay and bringing about, where possible, an early resolution to criminal cases, two measures have been introduced which have, in a positive way, impacted upon the Supreme Court's criminal jurisdiction. These measures are Voluntary Criminal Case Conferencing (VCCC) and the establishment of the Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court

My point was a matter of process. They have to establish it be a Supreme Court matter (Jurisdiction). Ill get you the process posted.
They have to go back to the Magistrates Court, again, for the plea.

1.So they go back for a plea (pending its all ready and read by defence (1.5 million pieces of evidence still being collated).
2. Commit to a trial date. 6 months later?
3. A total of minimum 8 months away pending the search evidence is collated?

This was posted by OneSmallStepAtATime in an earlier forum from resource http://www.lawsocietywa.asn.au/wp-c...edure-Teacher-Student-Post-Visit-Resource.pdf
Criminal Pre-Trial Procedures –
Supreme Court
1. First Appearance – Magistrates Court
All charges, regardless of seriousness, begin in the Magistrates Court. During the
first appearance the prosecution notice (the charge) is read to the accused and the
accused may apply for bail.
2. Stirling Garden’s Magistrates Court
If the Supreme Court has jurisdiction to hear the charges the accused, after their
first appearance, will be immediately remanded to appear in the Stirling Gardens
Magistrates Court. Due to the Supreme Court’s limited jurisdiction, the SGMC is able
to effectively streamline pre-trial processes.
3. Pleas/Committal Mention
After receiving legal advice the accused is required to enter a plea. If the accused
pleads not guilty or if they unsure how to plead they will appear at a Committal
Mention Date. The prosecution must provide all of their evidence to the accused prior
to Committal Mention.
4. First Appearance –Supreme Court
Once the accused person’s charges have been committed (formally transferred) to
the Supreme Court the accused will have a ‘First Appearance’.

Frequant - I mean his with all respect, do you really think that anyone on this post is going to bring “new information” to this case?
1. The Police have shared what they have wanted to share with the Public.
2. The Prosecution have to share their findings with the Defence.

We, the general Public know nothing more unless of course we are witnesses, friends of Police etc.
So if you are expecting to hear ‘new’ stuff in this Forum...I doubt you’re going to have your expectations met. Most of us are just really interested in the case, have a sincere feeling of loss for he girls and their families are just like to speculate.
If you can accept the above points, then you won’t get so seemingly frustrated.

I agree that there is some really odd speculation in this forum and that stuff gets rehashed from time to time but everyone is entitled to their opinion (as you are) and you can’t expect newer posters (like myself) to have knowledge of every previous post.
JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found new information here recently in relation to other crimes that have been mentioned on this forum that may be related to the CSK , I admit I only found it because I knew what I was looking for

Today I learnt from the forum that BRE worked night shifts in his work , I did not know this previously and opens up new options to look at

In the not so recent past there were people who had useful information in regards to certain events , most of these people seem to have left the forum except for two I recognize , but they now say very little

There have also been people who can seem as they have useful information that eventually say things that are out of whack with timelines etc. so it easy to see they are just repeating things they have read previously , so they can be ruled out as far as reading future posts

There is still a lot to learn about this matter , all of it in fact , but I will try in future to refrain from criticizing others

El Gordo,

In regard to the accused working in the area at the times in question. Macro spent months at Telstra, they would have checked the work orders. But I'm not sure if they'd still exist after 20 years.

Anyone ever thought SS might be located off Albany Hwy somewhere, like down near Jarrahdale Rd?

Someone posted recently about serial killer dump sites getting closer each time. I agree that the 1st victim would generally be buried as far from where the killer lives as possible, unless they are short on time and use the first suitable site they can find.

Was it Sarah? Are the three guys in one of the documentary videos in a car, one looks back and she is gone?

Yes, it was the disappearance of Sarah Spiers in which there was reference to 3young men in a vehicle who had reported seeing a young woman fitting Sarah's description, waiting on the corner of the highway.
At the time, they remarked on her attractiveness, and as they stopped at the traffic lights ahead, looked back and saw the headlights of a vehicle in the vicinity of the young woman.
When the traffic lights turned green, the young men could no longer see the trailing headlights, and noted no vehicle had followed them through the intersection. It was debated as to whether they should go back to check on the young woman's safety, but it was decided she would 'probably' be alright.

Some thoughts I have considered since following this case :

Was it actually Sarah whom the 3 young men had seen waiting kerbside, or merely a lookalike?

If it WAS Sarah, was it indeed a genuine report made by the 3 young men in the passing car? or could it have been confabulation to deflect from some possible involvement in the disappearance?
In which case, could the tailing headlights have been those of the taxi booked by Sarah?
For further consideration, what possible alternative route could have been taken by the tailing vehicle since it allegedly did not follow the first car through the lights?
just my thoughts for consideration
[emoji887]

I have found new information here recently in relation to other crimes that have been mentioned on this forum that may be related to the CSK , I admit I only found it because I knew what I was looking for

Today I learnt from the forum that BRE worked night shifts in his work , I did not know this previously and opens up new options to look at

In the not so recent past there were people who had useful information in regards to certain events , most of these people seem to have left the forum except for two I recognize , but they now say very little

There have also been people who can seem as they have useful information that eventually say things that are out of whack with timelines etc. so it easy to see they are just repeating things they have read previously , so they can be ruled out as far as reading future posts

There is still a lot to learn about this matter , all of it in fact , but I will try in future to refrain from criticizing others
FF,
Please feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure forum members don't mind clarifying information.

Hi all,
First time posting here. An example of police work behind the scenes... I know someone who worked for a soft drink company in Perth around the time of the murders. He was only in Perth for a couple of years. About 2 years ago, out of the blue , Perth police officers arrived at his Melbourne home to take his DNA because of the type of work car he would have driven. Coincidently, the mm footage released could easily have been him from the back in appearance.

Someone posted recently about serial killer dump sites getting closer each time. I agree that the 1st victim would generally be buried as far from where the killer lives as possible, unless they are short on time and use the first suitable site they can find.

Sarah, the youngest victim and the only one whose body has never been found, was still a teenager when she disappeared. Just 18, she was just one of countless people celebrating Australia Day with mates on the night of January 26, 1996, when she vanished.

26th was a Friday? She went 27 Saturday morning 2am? Then Sunday, Monday back to work 29th? Or RDO?

Thanks K.
Wasn’t there also a family PC repair shop nearby?
Australian Computer Resellers (or similar) 322 Stirling Highway was allowed to be talked about in the forum as it was mentioned in one of the MSM articles as being the last place Ciara was seen.

On the maps metic posted it was very close to the Baptist church. However it wasn't that close at all to where Ciara was last seen ... but it got the name in the media.

Had car parking in the back that had laneway access and an underneath cellar type room. I researched many sleuths on here that were convinced that the business was related but by that stage it was said not to be relatd. Either it is and there are suppression orders in place or it may not be. Find out later.

What sort of cars did 17/18 year old kids buy in those days?

Something cheapish with mags? Aerials, CB radio. Before they get married of course.
Maybe something like a metallic green Datson 260 C with mag wheels, stickers on the rear windscreen and black and yellow registration plates.

...or something like this...

attachment.php

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 162
Thats not right is it [emoji782]
He was there doing the "usual" for many months after the Telcom guy talk began . Getting banned doesn't mean they stopped commenting [emoji779]

Well...not as soon as it was mentioned. Seemed pretty keen to dismiss the idea in every response to comments that mention it.

His posts dont sound like ******. Seems really certain on the details. Has a greater than thou personality. Constantly mentioning that none of the POIs are CSK, he knows it for a fact. Hard to definitively say that without inside knowledge.

Got a bit ocd reading his posts last night and was captivated by it all....

Might be completely wrong. The ones in CAPS seem to show a quick aggressive streak. He posts the most random, hard to find links. He is all over the case.

If I was CSK i would stay on top of every single development that came out....seems he did.

Didn't know 'former member' meant banned tbh. was going to ask if you had to delete your account for that status to show up.

Ok , thank you , my ponderings were more in line that the night shift job would give him a reason to be in the area if questioned ...but if the depot was in Kewdale that rules my idea out
Not necessarily. They worked "on the road" so to speak, anywhere and everywhere they were needed. Faults could be anywhere, exchanges, roadside pillars, pits, phone boxes etc. Perfect excuse for being somewhere that you shouldn't.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I have always discounted the photos entirely , they are poor quality and the purpose was for identification , nothing else , I did not know anyone to identify them , so forget about it ... The amount of time wasted on these photos and mystery men who nobody knows is rediculous

Because of ignoring things like this my eyes have been open to things a lot of others missed ... This is the problem with theories , people only see things that suit their agenda ... I am not alone in my way of doing things , there are a others who do the same

Following facts actually leads you to places where you find more of them .... I thought I had run out of ways of following the people I am interested in ... One tiny little fact on here led me find years worth of information I would have missed entirely , and that info confirmed even more what was already known
It would be helpful if you could share your connection to the case and how the information you learnt helped progress what you were interested in. If I remember correctly, part of it was it the Abbey farm near Brookton. This horse stud in Jelcobin is a bit further than the 19km away, could this be it?
https://www.realestate.com.au/property-cropping-wa-brookton-7805086

Picture of the container under the shed roof is interesting.

Thanks for clarifying. I don’t recall hearing about the three guys in a car seeing Ciara, before, only about Frankie and his friends sitting outside HJ’s (Burger King for those outside WA). I wonder if it’s two different sightings or if the journo in this article muddled them up? I guess we won’t know until the trial proper begins and any such witnesses are called.

When the CIA episode was on, they made a big deal of the three guys sitting at the bus stop eating HJs seeing CG lean down and talk to occupants in a car. It was part of the reenactment of what happened, supposedly based on witness statements. Police were quite involved with that episode - they had an officer with the host.

I'm not sure if articles reported this sequence of events based on the CIA episode or independently.

A few threads ago - and I don't remember exactly where - IIRC Frankie came on and said that he was one of those guys, but that the car never stopped - they saw breaklights as though it was slowing down, but never it stopping and certainly not CG communicating with the occupants. IIRC Frankie also said that his friend never said the car was stopped and CG was talking to anyone.

I have been scratching my head about that since Frankie's posts.

Yes, but remember, it was a US study on US serial killers based upon distance from the killers home and dump sites. It only looked at killers that transported their victims bodies. The conclusion was that they did so to hide their culpability. As they got more confident about not being detected or felt less guilty about what they done, they didn't bother going as far.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

It would be helpful if you could share your connection to the case and how the information you learnt helped progress what you were interested in. If I remember correctly, part of it was it the Abbey farm near Brookton. This horse stud in Jelcobin is a bit further than the 19km away, could this be it?
https://www.realestate.com.au/property-cropping-wa-brookton-7805086

Picture of the container under the shed roof is interesting.

I think the shed was built over the top of container! Weird hey

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member