Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it has to do with work instability given his dad also worked for the telco company. If anything they would have been expanding.....Telstra Mobile net, broadband. His job was pretty secure. He could of even got promoted and more $$$
Do we know when his dad left? Didn't he get into real estate with Mrs E.

I doubt it has to do with work instability given his dad also worked for the telco company. If anything they would have been expanding.....Telstra Mobile net, broadband. His job was pretty secure. He could of even got promoted and more $$$
I'd think initially he would have anguished over the changes, but better off in the long-term.

What was that mass panic 1999 to 2000 when some 'experts' said the world would collapse as all the date and time couldn't function with a 2000 time stamp???

I wonder if the accused believed this scare, and worried that his home computing would somehow malfunction and perhaps reveal his identity, possible stalking, and alleged crimes?

Just thinking out of the box!

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]
The Millenium Bug[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CV ignore the irrelevant and get your teeth into these stats

https://www.police.wa.gov.au/Crime/CrimeStatistics#/
Janwa,

Thank you for the link to WAs Crime Statistics. Yes it's interesting to see how some of the crimes have lowered significantly. During that time-frame WA has had a huge intake of immigrants, and population growth which must have raised the figures somewhat.

Maybe Mr 21 had whiskers and felt older than he did?

Petedavo,

In post #1047 you mentioned the Lakeway Drive-in incident. The perpetrator was described as about 30 with hard whiskers. At the time BRE was aged 21. (Note: DMs age was 34).

For those that don’t know in late 1989 an abduction occurred outside the Cottesloe Hotel, a young lady was bundled into the back of a station wagon. Attempted rape at Lakeway drive-in Swanbourne. Managed to escape but was recaptured back in Claremont. Post Newsp.

Technology has increased the risk of being caught 100 fold. Criminals aren't doing the same things nor taking the risks.

Police aren't interested in low level crime. The prisons are full. So some data distorts figures.

Janwa,

Thank you for the link to WAs Crime Statistics. Yes it's interesting to see how some of the crimes have lowered significantly. During that time-frame WA has had a huge intake of immigrants, and population growth which must have raised the figures somewhat.

It was a decade of privatisation. It was a big shift from a job for life in a government position. Government people were being retrenched. It was a big change in government culture. Telstra were not the only government department seeing change.

While the main trigger might have been divorce, these peripheral matters may have been amplified in his head for a number of reasons compounding anger.

Truckloads of techs were sacked. Having a father in the department didn't bring certainty.

Many of the techs were ok with this after because private at this time was more money. Telstras corporate hourly rate was steep which underpinned their earnings.

Regarding Mr 21,

That’s an interesting point, it’s a shame we don’t have any photos of him during his twenties. Though it’s possible he had hard whiskers when he was quite young.

We did have a photo of him playing football in gold silk shorts – did anyone notice any beard whiskers? JMO

This is probably nothing but a bit curious in that we've recently discussed the possibility of BRE having a partner, while acknowledging the earliest survivors accounts of BRE acting alone in Huntingdale and Karrkatta attacks.

Lone predators who go on to kill in couples, can have histories of sex crimes prior to the relationship forming. Add the dynamic of another personality force of the same bent, you might get a rapid escalation.

This article immediately after BRE's arrest, stands out for unnecessarily clarifying in relation to the Karrakatta attack or all, it's alleged the offender acted alone.

Commissioner O'Callaghan says he was also handed a series of other historic charges for assaulting two teenagers in 1988 and 1995.
The latter victim was just 17 year old.
"It will be alleged that she was restrained and forced into a vehicle, and then driven to Karrakatta cemetery, where she was sexually assaulted."
Police allege the accused acted alone.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/major-breakthrough-in-claremont-serial-killer-cold-case

It was a decade of privatisation. It was a big shift from a job for life in a government position. Government people were being retrenched. It was a big change in government culture. Telstra were not the only government department seeing change.

You know you're so right there KrissyJ. I remember a friend we knew with Telstra at that time, an older guy than the accused and he was being threatened (after 20 years with the company) that he MIGHT be retrenched. (He was very experienced with a team of guys under him). He was almost suicidal and the powers that be were really putting pressure on all the staff, cutting back on overtime, giving them rotten shifts, etc. Things were changing so fast and it was a totally new mindset. Was a pretty laidback job with Telecom, VERY different "animal" was Telstra. Welcome to the 21st century!

QUOTE:
[h=2][FONT=&amp]"Brand History[/FONT][edit][/h]
The original Telecom Australia logo was designed by Pieter Huveneers in 1975.In April 1993, Telecom Australia underwent a rebrand. The AOTC's official name was changed to Telstra. It adopted the Telstra name as its trading name overseas, but retained the Telecom Australia name domestically until 1 July 1995, where it adopted the Telstra name domestically as well. FHA Image Design was commissioned to produce a new brand image as part of the rebrand to unify the various Telecom Australia sub-brands that would face competition from the deregulated market. This new branding would also help to ease the transition from Telecom Australia to Telstra in the domestic market."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecom_Australia

Regarding Mr 21,

That’s an interesting point, it’s a shame we don’t have any photos of him during his twenties. Though it’s possible he had hard whiskers when he was quite young.

We did have a photo of him playing football in gold silk shorts – did anyone notice any beard whiskers? JMO

attachment.php

Has a dark 5 o'clock shadow here so would think would be quick to become "be-whiskered"?

Attachments

• bradley edwards footy.jpg
    bradley edwards footy.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 174
This is probably nothing but a bit curious in that we've recently discussed the possibility of BRE having a partner, while acknowledging the earliest survivors accounts of BRE acting alone in Huntingdale and Karrkatta attacks.

Lone predators who go on to kill in couples, can have histories of sex crimes prior to the relationship forming. Add the dynamic of another personality force of the same bent, you might get a rapid escalation.

This article immediately after BRE's arrest, stands out for unnecessarily clarifying in relation to the Karrakatta attack or all, it's alleged the offender acted alone.

Commissioner O'Callaghan says he was also handed a series of other historic charges for assaulting two teenagers in 1988 and 1995.
The latter victim was just 17 year old.
"It will be alleged that she was restrained and forced into a vehicle, and then driven to Karrakatta cemetery, where she was sexually assaulted."
Police allege the accused acted alone.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/major-breakthrough-in-claremont-serial-killer-cold-case

Totally agree! That's what rang bells for me, as per my previous post about the possibility of an accomplice perhaps turning protected witness.

Agree Lamp, as per #898 where I introduced hypothetical of the same behind the scenes scenario in context of BRE having an accomplice.

Quote. "The women in Bre's life are almost invisible past and present, one in particular essentially is. No footprints. Protection or suppression, could any proceedings have been in camera?

Wild thought." End Quote.

A legal proceeding is in camera when a hearing is held before the judge in private chambers or when the public is excluded from the courtroom. To protect witnesses / victims from public exposure.

Totally agree! That's what rang bells for me, as per my previous post about the possibility of an accomplice perhaps turning protected witness.

Regarding Mr 21,

Sorry [emoji52] Didn't notice whiskers because I was blinded by the GOLD boxer shorts [emoji33]

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.

Agree Lamp, as per #898 where I introduced hypothetical of the same behind the scenes scenario.

Quote. "The women in Bre's life are almost invisible past and present, one in particular essentially is. No footprints. Protection or suppression, could any proceedings have been in camera?

Wild thought." End Quote.

A legal proceeding is in camera when a hearing is held before the judge in private chambers or when the public is excluded from the courtroom. To protect witnesses / victims from public exposure.

Oh, I have heard of things being "in camera" before, but in this case I thought it had something to do with making *advertiser censored* with his partner "could any proceedings have been in camera" nudge, nudge, wink, wink)! Doh, you really need to explain things properly Pandit (LOL!) my mind goes off on it's own little adventures sometimes (and often doesn't take me with it!!!)

I was thinking about how a person in the witness protection would give evidence I was imaging behind a screen on a video link with an actor/actress representing their voice? Makes so much more sense to have it be judge only "in camera" (and everyone with their clothes on!!) :blushing:

I like to take the minimalist approach when alluding to the possibility of an accomplice whose name we might or might not already have, but WS rules forbids naming.

Oh, I have heard of things being "in camera" before, but in this case I thought it had something to do with making *advertiser censored* with his partner "could any proceedings have been in camera" nudge, nudge, wink, wink)! Doh, you really need to explain things properly Pandit (LOL!) my mind goes off on it's own little adventures sometimes (and often doesn't take me with it!!!)

I was thinking about how a person in the witness protection would give evidence I was imaging behind a screen on a video link with an actor/actress representing their voice? Makes so much more sense to have it be judge only "in camera" (and everyone with their clothes on!!) :blushing:

I like to take the minimalist approach when alluding to the possibility of an accomplice whose name we might or might not already have, but WS rules forbids naming.

Secret Squirrels stuff Pandit!
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Might be able to work some squirrells into a theory somewhere ... :crazy:

Secret Squirrels stuff Pandit!
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member