Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you found the article about the naked man washing up near Swanbourne yet or is that what you were referring to in the last sentence?

Being 1988 very little is digitised. Good luck with it.
Give me time for the library to open.

I remember when the naked guy washed up on the beach, they announced it on the news.

Straight away my mind was questioning if it was related to Julie Cutler.

Given it immediately went quiet, suicide or drowning most likely.

Have you found the article about the naked man washing up near Swanbourne yet or is that what you were referring to in the last sentence?

I remember when the naked guy washed up on the beach, they announced it on the news.

We are in luck! Thankyou Canningvale!

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page30

Given it immediately went quiet, suicide or drowning most likely.
I suppose with so many time outs and posting on multiple threads it would be hard to read the threads but on WS here there's articles about the mans body at south cottesloe and another about a suicide victim found in the ocean but none were Swanbourne beach. Hopefully you can find some evidence for the nude beach victim
JmO

Daily News Friday 1st July 1988 pg 3

Missing Items Hold Key to Julie Mystery by Norm Aisbett

A missing shoulder bag and a set of clothes are adding to the mystery of vanished Fremantle woman Julie Leanne Cutler. Police can’t understand why neither item has washed up on Cottesloe beach, where her Fiat sedan was found last week.

Party
While they refuse to speculate, it does raise doubt on whether she was in the car when it was scuttled. The police say Julie, 22, was carrying both items when she left a staff party at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel about 12.30am on Monday June 20. She was last seen in the hotel’s staff carpark unlocking her vehicle. The missing items puzzle was explained by major crime quad Detective Senior Constable Ron Carey who is working on the case with Det-Sgt Vince Katich.

He said they were anxious for any information about the bag and clothes. They hope their recovery will help establish Julie’s movements. The light brown leather shoulder bag was about 30 cm long and about 22 cm deep. It had a fold over flap and contained the usual female accessories.

The clothing items were the white blouse and black skirt wore in her job at the Parmelia. These were in a white plastic bag. Julie had changed out of the work clothes at 10pm on Sunday, June 19 when she finished work in the hotel and prepared for the staff only party in the hotel nightclub..

Det. Carey said interviews with hotel staff had established Julie walked to her car with the plastic bag containing the clothes in her left hand. A senior male employee spoke to her briefly before she walked off to the passenger’s side of her vehicle to unlock it – apparently because the driver’s door could not be unlocked from the outside. He did not see her get into the car.

When the car was found in the Cottesloe surf, both front doors were unlocked, the driver’s door open and flapping in the water. All of the windows were shut except for the driver’s window.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Perth-Western-Australia-16/page14&styleid=21

Sharon Mason accused granted parole.

Arthur Greer will be extradited. That begs the question!

What do police know!

We are in luck! Thankyou Canningvale!

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page30

Can someone please help me find this link, its going to the last page of the thread sorry. Have tried a few different ways to access it but its not working. If its the newspaper article please repost on this thread ? TiA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-17/page30

Thanks for this. I'm taking from it confirmation that the car was in the water by the first sentence and a conclusion of how it went in. The second sentence only confirms that there were no signs of the vehicle at the beach because from the surface, there was nothing to see.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...e-question-still-remains-20180423-p4zb5k.html

Quoted from article "(For the car) to have found its way into the ocean, we concluded that it must have been driven off or rolled off the wall straight into the water where it must have floated momentarily, before being taken out with the motion of the waves, before sinking to the floor of the ocean.“We were able to arrive at that conclusion because there was no sign of the vehicle at the beach when the regular swimmers arrived at daybreak to undertake their daily exercises" Ron Carey - [FONT=&amp]former WA Police detective[/FONT]

That link took me to the last page of thread 17 where i found my post detailing the tide of the JC car episode .
It was 20 cm approximate movement on the 22nd/6/88 . And approximately 40cm on the 20 & 21/6/88 . Its not going to move much especially being over a 12hr window.

http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/calendar/month/2037.html?y=1988&m=6&d=13

927f75df5bbddec6193350adedb042d0.jpg
8f6813b99f1cda8c58d84d367e51f170.jpg
ba120bee8cf285c78e7435373ad1aabc.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13709171

It's the swamping I find quite frustrating, scrolling through pages of chaotic, often irrelevant, pointless scraps of information, one post after the other dominating each page where members focused contributions end up lost.

I suppose with so many time outs and posting on multiple threads it would be hard to read the threads but on WS here there's articles about the mans body at south cottesloe and another about a suicide victim found in the ocean but none were Swanbourne beach. Hopefully you can find some evidence for the nude beach victimJmO

It doesnt really matter. The car was put in the water. Julie wasnt in it.
Police suspect murder of someone who was happy with the world.
Police still suspect murder.

Someone has driven the car off the wall into the water with the confidence of a madman driver who runs people off ghe road.

Both police and Roger Cutler have the colour of car and potentially a description of the driver.

Julie went to Iona college, one the few girls boarding schools in Perth.

“That particular night, there were strong winds and rain to the extent that the waves were lapping the retaining the wall of the Cottesloe Surf Club.

“(For the car) to have found its way into the ocean, we concluded that it must have been driven off or rolled off the wall straight into the water where it must have floated momentarily, before being taken out with the motion of the waves, before sinking to the floor of the ocean.

Iona a boarding school which means girls living on site.

I wonder if Julie boarded at one stage having father in Kalgoorlie on and off.

Sarahs family hsd country origins. Not sure how long the family had resided in South Perth but farm in Darkan.

Ciaras mum was a teacher at Iona.

High percentage of country kids at these pubs.

Might br a few Iona ex pats connecting some dots

Im only telling you what the radio said at the time.
Interesting the article said Julies car floating. Thats accuracy right there.

Gibney st next to beach st.

No more news on that. If it was murder it would have been all over the news.

I

That link took me to the last page of thread 17 where i found my post detailing the tide of the JC car episode .
It was 20 cm approximate movement on the 22nd/6/88 . And approximately 40cm on the 20 & 21/6/88 . Its not going to move much especially being over a 12hr window.

927f75df5bbddec6193350adedb042d0.jpg
8f6813b99f1cda8c58d84d367e51f170.jpg
ba120bee8cf285c78e7435373ad1aabc.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13709171

Correction: 30cm tide on the 21st june not 40cm.

Tide variation june88 ;

20th =40cm
21st =30cm
22nd =20cm

518c4b1ee801c0ecb6ff8b953618bee1.jpg

The naked bloke washed in up the nuddy beach end indicitive of body travel a few weeks later. There is your modelling.
What naked bloke washed in towards Swanbourne? I assume your not referring to the man who was found face down at the base of a cliff on a section of rocky shoreline near Gibney St "Body found on Cottesloe Beach" article posted many times in WS, as your details are completely different to that report.
Have you found the article about the naked man washing up near Swanbourne yet
Thread 17 post 436
Gibney st next to beach st.
No more news on that. If it was murder it would have been all over the news.
MRichards, you cant be looking for that article surely? That is the one I referred to in my original question.
In your response to IC's post about conditions at Cottesloe you spoke of a man who was washed up on the beach near Swanbourne and alluded it could be used as modelling in the JC case as it was indicative of the way the ocean moves an object. Thats the article I want to see.
Your comments didnt reflect the info in the above article even remotely (as I also said originally). Is this what you were talking about? Too easy to set us straight and just say your comments were misleading & leave it at that, if thats what happened?

When was the next relationship commencement?
Unsubstantiated comment Lisa Brosn lived in Huntingdale.
Police will be hot onto that.

Lisa Brown, 19, was last seen alive by her boyfriend in the early hours of November 10 (1998) when she walked down Brisbane Street in Northbridge and turned into Palmerston Street.

https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/250k-reward-over-1998-lisa-brown-murder-mystery-ng-b88678052z

Lisa Brown actually did live in Huntingdale, she used to get on the same bus as me every morning to go to school...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member