Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting PD, thank you.

Any chance of finding out if there was speedway or derby on the night Julie Cutler vanished? Or drags? Suspect the person who put her Fiat into the ocean of fancying himself as a competent hoon driver with an interest in fast cars.

If 21/3/1997 was a speedway night, then so must've been the 14/3/1997.

http://www.speedwayandroadracehistory.com/1996--2000-claremont.html

cache.php

Just looking to confirm the speedway dates in June 1996 now.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Post Newspaper 12 December 2015

Some interesting info in article - Note reference to underwear being taken off clothes lines and man potentially peering into windows.

Rowe Park is very close to speedway.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.51.36 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.51.36 pm.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.52.13 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.52.13 pm.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 308
Let's just say that the Rowe Park pervert mentioned in the above article was the CSK and was returning to the abduction location of the KK victim - does this mean the CSK actually does indeed return to the scene of the crimes - if this is the case what other scenes has he returned to. JIMO.

Let's just say that the Rowe Park pervert mentioned in the above article was the CSK and was returning to the abduction location of the KK victim - does this mean the CSK actually does indeed return to the scene of the crimes - if this is the case what other scenes has he returned to. JIMO.

I suppose if you follow that line of thinking , the cemetery would have been an easy place to return to without raising suspicion

I suppose if you follow that line of thinking , the cemetery would have been an easy place to return to without raising suspicion
Yes and that is where he spotted JR, who's work place was just nearby.

If JR caught the train to work she would get off at Loch Street Station - did JR perhaps take a short cut through the cemetery to her work?

Fascinating find there with the Speedway nights link and the girls disappearances.
sarah and ciara.
Great job Petedavo and drt

26/1/1996 is now confirmed as a speedway night.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=962708033764675&id=145543065481180
2dcf4a33ac7686051e0c34e72246d7fd.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Petedavo - OMG THANK YOU - you have made my day! For the past year I have been trying to find out if the Speedway was on 26 Jan 1996. I can’t believe you found this reference!

When I first joined WS a year ago I told the story of how I had been working in a big old house in Claremont on 26 Jan 1996. I remember it being very noisy. Also the office in the house was very hot. I realise now that Sarah Spiers would have been quite close to where I was
on Gugiery St. I remember feeling very ill for two weeks and feeling very emotional. The sickness stopped after two weeks. It was so strange.

A lot of people said I was wrong that there was no Speedway that night. But there was yay!

It didn’t seem to bother the pervert, doing his personal business, in front of people – what on earth was he thinking. Was he drunk or on drugs. He seemed to be so wrapped up in the memory of the event, that he didn’t put any thought into the current – how bizaare.

Yes the cemetery would have been a place to reminisce. If he saw JR it must have been during a week day. Some day care centres open at 6am and finish at 6pm. Perhaps he went to the cemetery before or after work.

Also, the reports of missing clothing sounds familiar.

Petedavo - OMG THANK YOU - you have made my day! For the past year I have been trying to find out if the Speedway was on 26 Jan 1996. I can’t believe you found this reference!

When I first joined WS a year ago I told the story of how I had been working in a big old house in Claremont on 26 Jan 1996. I remember it being very noisy. Also the office in the house was very hot. I realise now that Sarah Spiers would have been quite close to where I was
on Gugiery St. I remember feeling very ill for two weeks and feeling very emotional. The sickness stopped after two weeks. It was so strange.

A lot of people said I was wrong that there was no Speedway that night. But there was yay!
Perhaps those same people will apologize to you.

I'm going to contradict myself from an earlier post saying people put to much into coincidences

I may not be correct but I seem to recall JR was last seen at 12.15 am
CG was seen at 12.14 am ... or vice versa

I may be totally wrong with those times but if not it would fit in with someone leaving from the same place and arriving at the same time ... for eg finished work at such and such a time , arrived in Claremont at this time ... finish times are fairly standard on the hour or half hour ... it may mean something , it may not

Map showing proximity of Claremont Showgrounds/ Speedway to Rowe Park:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 9.42.46 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 9.42.46 pm.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 197
Hi everybody - today I had lunch with a friend who happened to be talking about her nephew. Turns out he had been involved in Little Athletics. She mentioned that this guy K liked being around teenage girls. He had taken groups from Little Athletics to different competitions overseas. The family were wondering if he had been up to no good. He apparently had taken a trip somewhere in Asia with a group of teenage girls and boasted about how they would change in front of him. Totally inappropriate! I asked if K knew the accused CSK and my friend said he did but wasn’t allowed to talk about accused. My friend did say that K knew accused from the Claremont Speedway also. The accused had been a regular for years from when he was early teens. All this is alleged. MOO

I wonder why he wasn’t allowed to talk about the accused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s 16-months between the KK rape and JR abduction. That would mean the CSK returned to the cemetery for well over a year. It also looks as though he's a long-term stalker. Just my opinion though.

12 Feb 1995 –KK rape
9 June 1996 –JR abduction

There’s 16-months between the KK rape and JR abduction. That would mean the CSK returned to the cemetery for well over a year. It also looks as though he's a long-term stalker. Just my opinion though.

12 Feb 1995 –KK rape
9 June 1996 –JR abduction

Yes big time difference but location is a key I think.

Did he take SS to KK?

I guess he writes a lot of articles.

I think the article then when the events happened probably had me contemplating that a competing security company or individual wanting protection money at the time.

The article certainly was highlighting the new security and the director up and coming.

Sorry KrissyJ, I actually have written to Bret about the security company and posted his reply. You might have missed it perhaps? Here is Bret's reply to my question again (BBM):

"Thanks for your note.Like you I had teenagers clubbing in Claremont at the crucial time, and we have all been deeply affected.The old Post archives are very hard to search before we digitised our records.However there were several security companies operating at the time - Claremont Council hired one in response to the public outcry, and Club Bay View also received a court order to upgrade their security presence on the streets of Claremont, not just at the club.Good luck with your sleuthing.Has anyone found a photo of E in his 20s? Id love to see it.
best wishes
Bret"

I wonder why he wasn’t allowed to talk about the accused?

Hi Aroundthecorner - when BRE was arrested everyone who knew BRE was told not to discuss him with anyone even the newspapers. My friend’s nephew was a close friend of BRE. There were so many that knew him that anything discussed could go against his case and cause a mistrial. It’s amazing how after 18 months the newspapers and public have kept everything quiet. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper