Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read his post he doesn't actually name any exact locations except for the Left Bank pub and somewhere where you could see Garden Island from.

Parkie - you're obviously not busy as you've logged on and posted a few nothing comments, despite being 'real busy'. How about going down Stirling Hwy in the Claremont area (in real life, or on google street view) and seeing if you can spot the federation house with the geranium/whatever flower bush is out front. If you can remember that level of detail from vids posted that many years ago I'm sure you will recognise the house.

Someone has told me in PM that you cannot see Garden Island at all so I want to know how Parkie knows that. Interesting to me is that you're answering all the questions for Parkie today lol. Also the 'federation house' how did Parkie know it was a federation house ?

perth police asked the bobbys in london for DNA records of mark dixie why if there is no DNA ?
Standard procedure in case DNA becomes available. They tested 5000 taxi drivers when they had no DNA.

what of robin santen another to just vanish ,i think this bloke is still at it
She went home after the wine bar so hubby is the favourite but you never know. This has a bit of a CSK feel to it.

Someone has told me in PM that you cannot see Garden Island at all so I want to know how Parkie knows that. Interesting to me is that you're answering all the questions for Parkie today lol. Also the 'federation house' how did Parkie know it was a federation house ?

Have you been told you can't see Garden Island in the Video or from the mainland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It`s pretty darn easy to see Garden Island from Henderson to Rockingham Geez. That`s why I recon one of Claremont Ghosts vids came from off Hogg Rd by the beach. No I did not make a copy. I didn`t expect them to be deleted. Someone from the SCS told me one video was looking out from the Left Bank Hotel to one of the Freo Bridges. I didn`t recognise it though I have been to the Pub on my bicycle in @96 97. I know that cause I bought a bike after a redundancy in May 96. The Federation house; Well it looked like a normal Fed house to me. If you live here you`d know one. BTW you get very little out of the SCS. They wouldn`t tell me how many suspects they had & wouldn`t say if they had DNA. That was years ago.

So did the videos contain any audio or incriminating evidence.... if not... what is so suspicious about what was described? maybe it was one of those 'you had to see it yourself to fully understand' because to me it sounded just like a guy filming some locations around WA.

Standard procedure in case DNA becomes available. They tested 5000 taxi drivers when they had no DNA.

She went home after the wine bar so hubby is the favourite but you never know. This has a bit of a CSK feel to it.

If you do your checking THOROUGHLY you WILL find that it was the Taxi companies that pushed for the testing of taxi drivers; this was due to the collapse of the industry due to the fear of the unknown and the link at the time to taxis / drivers.

Who is 'she' ?

Garden Is is just off the mainland near Rockingham.There is a big bridge going out to it There is a Navy Submarine base out there. Crikeys you can see Rottnest from Cottesloe Beach & that lies 20 kms off the coast. As someone reposted what I said re the videos, go back & re read what I said.

So did the videos contain any audio or incriminating evidence.... if not... what is so suspicious about what was described? maybe it was one of those 'you had to see it yourself to fully understand' because to me it sounded just like a guy filming some locations around WA.
Yep, may amount to nothing. Just a guy with a video. But on one vid he was chatting to 2 ladies in his car. Seemed to be explaining his religion it seemed. They sounded like they had a few to drink for sure.

It`s pretty darn easy to see Garden Island from Henderson to Rockingham Geez. That`s why I recon one of Claremont Ghosts vids came from off Hogg Rd by the beach. No I did not make a copy. I didn`t expect them to be deleted. Someone from the SCS told me one video was looking out from the Left Bank Hotel to one of the Freo Bridges. I didn`t recognise it though I have been to the Pub on my bicycle in @96 97. I know that cause I bought a bike after a redundancy in May 96. The Federation house; Well it looked like a normal Fed house to me. If you live here you`d know one. BTW you get very little out of the SCS. They wouldn`t tell me how many suspects they had & wouldn`t say if they had DNA. That was years ago.

But I am told all you could see was darkness and a couple of lights so how do you know it was Garden Island ? Yeah sure I am real sure someone from SCS told you about the Left Bank pub. I know federation houses really really well and am waiting to see a copy of the image you are referring to because I just might recognize it.

Not interested in hearing about your bike, when you purchased it, where you had ridden it or your redundancy. Just interested in hearing your reply to the topics at question.

Don't tell us you really expect the police to tell you anything. Geez, if they did tell you anything, and I doubt they did or would, it would be BS to see how long it would take for the chinese whispers to get started.

Garden Is is just off the mainland near Rockingham. Crikeys you can see Rottnest from Cottesloe Beach & that lies 20 kms off the coast. As someone reposted what I said re the videos, go back & re read what I said.

I know exactly where Garden Island is - visited family there many times...in the navy ship ahoy.

But how did you know that any of the Claremontghost images depicted Garden Island ?

Yep, may amount to nothing. Just a guy with a video. But on one vid he was chatting to 2 ladies in his car. Seemed to be explaining his religion it seemed. They sounded like they had a few to drink for sure.

How do you know it was a guy filming ?

Have you been told you can't see Garden Island in the Video or from the mainland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

read what I wrote. I have been told that there is no way you could make out where it was, so interested in knowing how Parkie reckons he knows it was Garden Island. Waiting to receive a copy.

RE Dixie's DNA request to UK. Because they wanted to cross check his DNA against other unsolved crimes ie burglaries, rapes, murders etc. that were in WA and other States. It's not just about Claremont.

Papertrail (modsnip) It`s the biggest island in the vicinity. You can`t miss it & it is so recognisable. There are plenty of lights out there. It was not Penguin or Carnac island. Now someone in a blog mentioned that a Euro guy tried faking an English accent & he was in Claremont. I`m trying to find that comment. Sorry no idea it was a guy videoing driving around. Just a guess it was.

You mean me CSK? Anyways the island had plenty of lights in Claremont Ghosts videos. Maybe it was Rottnest Island? but I can tell you it was a long island. Someone who is free for time might try to find the comment where a guy posting as an English guy where as he had a Euro accent. I know the SCS have no idea atm. They offloaded Stanbury. Ok he had a damn good go at this. But the SCS have to look outside the square. That is where we come in. Excluding some of you...of course..

Papertrail, one of Claremont Ghosts vids was taken from the Left Bank Pub, looking out to the bridges in Fremantle , Capisce? Another video was taken looking out to Garden Island, from Naval Base or somewhere along the coast. Ok?

All the SCS need to do is contact Allan Newton from the Sunday Times blog. Find the 118 approx comments that Al hid from view & decipher them. Might be a good start since they are back to square one. And square one was when JR went missing. Just my guess on this ok? Just a guess so don`t go troppo on this! Cause some of you are that`s for sure..

Newcomer Thoughts - 100% Taxi... 0% Droc or Judoman... Questions about SR/PW...
Hello Bart, Billy, Sutton, Bessie and everyone. This is my first post but I read through the entire BigFooty thread as it occurred and I enjoyed it very much. I have also read this thread. Discussing unresolved mysteries is one of my new interests and I have been focusing on the Claremont Serial Killer and the Original Night Stalker. Everything in my comments is my opinion but I feel very certain about some points.

General Thoughts

1. It had to be a taxi driver. 100%
1A. CSK did not choose his targets ahead of time. He had no way of knowing that those particular girls would go to those particular venues on those nights since the girls did not give notice to any single linked source. He also had no way of knowing that those particular girls would end up in vulnerable positions by separating from their groups or hailing rides. Therefore he would have needed to make many visits to the abduction zone, and sometimes he would have aborted because he wouldn't have found a target who was vulnerable and met his basic target profile on every occasion. A taxi affords this opportunity.
1B. All three girls were looking for cabs. This was confirmed for two of the girls. SS phoned a taxi, JR stood at taxi rank, CG left friends to hail a taxi.
1C. All other circumstance and evidence favor taxi. A taxi provides an easy means for approaching and abducting the girls. A taxi was seen near CG's body dumping site, on Pipidinny Rd, on the night she disappeared. There are multiple ways that the girls could have been disabled later -- including picking up an accomplice to "share the cab".
1D. Other mechanisms are unlikely for specific reasons. Other means would have been loud (blitz) or resulted in more conspicuous activity that would have been reported (offering many rides before the perfect three victims accepted). Also, it would be strange for the girls to have accepted rides from non-cabs given that they were headed to specific non-public residential destinations that wouldn't have been on anyone's normal route.

2. CSK stopped killing because he was investigated. >50%
2A. The murders did not stretch long enough for age or life changes to be very probable factor. The murders only spanned a year and a half and there were three victims during this short period. I don't think it's likely that the killer was successfully focusing on and managing a relationship during this period. His killings were late on Friday nights and he obviously would have been coming home at very odd hours on the following days. His potential spouse would have possibly reported this behavior that perfectly corresponded with the dates of the widely-publicized killings. Other life changes could include an injury, move or death. We have no reason to believe that any of these occurred. To me, the specific and varied scene locations suggest that the killer was a native or long-time local, as opposed to a traveler or transplant. He knew the outer areas and the nightlife area, and the roads on multiple sides of the city. In my own sprawling urban hometown, this is the mark of a native or long-time local. Someone with this profile would be less likely to have moved after the crimes compared to a transplant, so I think it's likely that the killer is still in Perth and has stopped killing for some reason.
2B. Random targeting and vicious methods suggest a pathological killer who would not be satiated organically.
2C. The investigation covered an enormous amount of suspects and was/is unrelenting and collected DNA for future use. If he wasn't on record, the killer could/might have changed his Modus Operandi or location and committed another murder in Perth without having to worry that his crime would be pre-empted or traced back to him easily. For example, he could have abducted a girl off the street in another upscale area or even changed tact and abducted a girl who hailed a taxi outside of the nightlife scene. But if he was on record, he would be wary of having his movements triangulated or his DNA matched to the new scene.

POIs

1. SR/PW >50%
- Have a cab
- Were investigated
- Natives or long-term locals who would have been familiar with general locations of all sites
- Both have histories of associations with death and sexual deviancy
- SR had a nonsensical story related to the SS crime
- SR's intelligence and PW's alibi do not seem like significant factors
- Match description of attempted Princess Rd abduction
- CSK was known to have called one of the victim's parents. PW called another parent multiple times.
- PW collected newspaper clippings on the crimes...
- SR was suspected in his girlfriend's death, and he collected "trophies" from that death in the form of pictures
- SR & PW together profited as a team from the death of the first girlfriend by essentially 'splitting' her equity in the property

2. LW
- I don't know enough to speak about this suspect at length...
- Hasn't it been said that he kept a gun in his car? Has a gun ever been mentioned in the context of the crimes?
- Seems like a well-known and recognizable character in the area who would have been noticed and remembered.

3. Judoman 0%
- Does not have a cab
- The killer did not know the victims!
- Was not one of the people reported to be at CBV even though he's well known
- Lives a full, functional life
- Not a native or long-term local of Perth

4. MM (Mystery Man) 0%
- Did not have time to get into a car
- Does not have a cab

5. Droc (Noel Coward) & TT (Taxi Tony) 0%
- Exhibits all the signs of an unworthy, unreliable attention-seeker
- Matched claims to existing, known details and connected dots with incredible claims that the killers alternately confessed to him, groomed and recruited him, led him to a secret factory lair, etc.
- Offered no unreleased details that were later confirmed by police
- Story makes no sense. Snuff films do not exist. A junkie ring would have been caught.

Minor Notes

1. CSK's intelligence does not seem to be a major factor in the case. At no point was calculus, trigonometry or extreme cunning necessarily involved. The number of crimes was so small that luck, incompetence by law enforcement, or simply sticking to a plan could have easily prevented detection. Unintelligent people are not cartoon characters. They can be quite capable of forming friendships, succeeding in major ventures, hiding their intentions, living good lives, etc. CSK seems to have been rash and destructive like any other run-of-the-mill serial killer. He did not hide the bodies where they could never be found, he collected trophies, he struck the exact same block three times, he called the parents and made other alarmingly stupid moves.

2. WAPOL clearly does not have useful DNA. They would have been able to eliminate the POIs they have been stuck on. The bodies were exposed for far too long for DNA to be viable.

Questions

1. Which other non-canonical Perth crime do you think was most likely to have been committed by the CSK? Julie Cutler, cemetery rape, attempted abduction on Princess Rd, bashing behind CBV, or something else? I find it highly unlikely that CSK did not commit an earlier crime in Perth.

2. What were WAPOL's specific words regarding the blitz attack theory?

3. Do we have any further description of PW's calls to the victims' parents?

4. Other than SR's intelligence, what leads people to believe that SR couldn't/didn't act alone?

5. Did SR routinely drive his cab in Claremont?

6. What were the significant shifts or changes after the 3rd killing in terms of new/favorite suspects and police actions?​

I've quoted my first comment here from 4 months ago. Since then, two ideas have come to light as features of this discussion: there are claims that police have DNA and that the Karakatta case is linked. My perspective has changed based on these new ideas and the opinions I've read here since then.

My Profile of the CSK
I think he's someone with an "outsider's connection" to Claremont. This is a nice area and he is someone who experienced it as a teacher's son or a cabdriver or a janitor. Or simply a resident of a nearby, less-posh community. He may not be a native of Perth but I still believe that he must have lived there for a very long time to be familiar with all of those dump sites as well as the night clubs.

New Ideas

1. I still think there is no way that the killer knew the victims. He may have coincidentally known one, but it had nothing to do with his opportunistic selection process. He could not have predicted that these three particular girls would suddenly leave their groups on each of those nights. And I stand by my logic in favor of a cab driver in my previous post. I have, however, come to believe that a blitz attack was possible and is as likely as a cabdriver in terms of explaining these crimes. I don't think anything else is likely -- see my explanation in my first post. The girls were all waiting for cabs... Their homes weren't en route to normal destinations so any 'good Samaritan' pickup act would have been transparent... Maybe the CSK even specifically planned to catch girls as they were waiting for cabs. Maybe that's something he noticed frequently and saw as an opportunity.

2. I no longer think the CSK stopped because he was investigated. In retrospect it's kind of obvious that he couldn't possibly have committed a 4th murder at the same building under the circumstances... He either stopped because he didn't want to figure out a new means, or he started killing in a new area. I still think the odds of a family change or imprisonment are slim given that the crimes were committed over such a short period of time (vs longer, which would result in a higher likelihood that his life had fundamentally changed).

3. The Police... I think WAPOL/SCS/Macro is beyond neglect for not releasing more details or being more forthright about the information they have. I would like to hear one example of information about the crime scene, related to the perpetrator, that would make sense to keep private at this point. I don't believe in any corruption-oriented conspiracy theories, but I believe in stupidity, ignorance, arrogance and lack of foresight. I do think this case would be solved in 2016 if the police released 100% of their information. I'm not saying websleuths would solve it, but it would be solved.

4. Karrakatta proves that the killer used a blitz attack.

5. Mystery Man (MM) is not connected to the crime. How would that timeline work? Does he jog to his car? Does he show up to the club in one murder and switch to a different MO I. the others? Is he conspicuously in the club on the nights of all 3 murders? Chances are slim that this was the case.

New Questions

1. Other than Karrakatta, what Perth crime do you believe is most likely to have been the CSK? What is the most important thing that crime tells us about him?

2. What is the longest time period in another case that a body has laid out and still had recoverable DnA evidence? Can anyone name cases like this one where the bodies were lost for weeks in bad conditions and the perpetrator's evidence was still recovered?

3. Does Judoman's (JM) age align with the CIA doc since Karrakatta was actually earlier than the other crimes? Would someone please PM me with whatever has been discussed privately about him?

4. Does Perth have a registry of sex offenders comparable to an American city?

Lastly, I would like to thank aim2solve, Bartholemeus, Sutton, BillyWhizz, J35, 88mph, papertrail and parkie for their consistent and excellent contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay