Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...So how does the guy in the white commodore station wagon blitz attack CG when she is leaning up to the passenger window? Some options;...

2. Taser her and pull her through the window...

Snipped. Do people usually scream when they get tasered?

I've wondered this during SR discussions about stun guns. Do people scream when they get stun gunned?

Someone on here has to have watched the online videos so I don't have to.

Look how easy is it to mislead people?

Inconsistencies with Bret Christian's reporting

Fourth serial killer victim (Oct 17, 2015)
The forensic link shows that
the man who abducted a woman
from a Claremont street late at
night and sexually assaulted her
in Karrakatta Cemetery in 1995,
is the same man who murdered
Ciara Glennon.

Police have long linked three
crimes, all assumed to be murders.
But it is now known that there
is a link between at least one of
the murders and an abduction
and sexual assault where the
victim survived.

Ms Glennon, a 27-year-old
lawyer, was the last known
victim, in 1997, of the unknown
man who became notorious
Australia-wide as the Claremont
serial killer.

She was last seen after leaving
the Claremont Hotel around
midnight on March 17. She was
talking to someone in a white
*station wagon
stopped on Stirling
Highway, opposite Hungry Jack’s.
The attacks by the same person
are now known to span at
least three years.

*Based on one inebriated witness and now stated
as fact. No mention of other witness accounts of Ciara seen
further along the highway. No proof that she got into that
“station wagon”

Forensic tests have confirmed
that the man who murdered Ms
Glennon is the same man who
abducted a 17-year-old in Gugeri
Street, Claremont, bundled her
into the back of his *van and drove
her to Karrakatta cemetery,
raped her and left her for dead.

*Previously described as a “commercial vehicle”
but now defined specifically by BC as a “van”

Kidnapped teen in Claremont attack (Nov 14, 2015)
She escaped but he stalked
and recaptured her in Claremont
and bundled her into the back of
his station wagon.

The woman had never reported
the abduction to police,
believing it was useless because
she did not have a description
of the man or his vehicle

Two new clues (Dec 5, 2015)
Two new clues to the
Claremont serial killer have
been uncovered.
The man who terrorised the
western suburbs in the mid-
1990s drove a white mid-1990s
Holden Commodore VS Series
1, most likely a station wagon,
to abduct and murder at least
two of his victims.

Why most likely?
Throw up a picture of a station wagon
to add to your credibility and cement that
into your readers minds. Very irresponsible
reporting IMO!

Teen lured into Claremont car (Dec 22, 2015)
The teenager found herself
alone in a big carpark late at night
when a man approached and
asked for her help in finding
his car keys.
He said he thought he had lost
them down the back of the driver’s
seat of his car, a white Holden
Commodore

*No mention of the 'car' being a
station wagon this time. Woops!

Hi guys, I'm new as a member of websleuths community but have been actively reading the CSK forums for the last few years both here and else where.

Just some points I would like to clarify that I see mentioned quite a lot.

1)Just because a suspect has been ruled out means absolutely nothing, Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway, The Yorkshire ripper & Paul Bernado (Ken & Barbie killers) just to name a few were all ruled out in the investigations of their crimes, only to be nabbed years later...

Now with that said I have a question for the community...

Has anyone looked into similar murders across Australia or New Zealand in the time frame after these murders took place? I highly doubt that killer simply stopped, aside from being in jail or dead it is almost a guarantee that he would continue to kill, the time frames between murders might change, the methods of murder might change and the locations might change, but not the compulsion to kill...

RSBM. Hi, CSK?. Welcome to the thread.

I've read
The Stranger Beside Me and The Bundy Murders: A Comprehensive History about Ted Bundy,
Green River, Running Red and Chasing the Devil about Gary Ridgeway, and
Invisible Darkness about Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.

These are well written and researched books with verifiable details. I've also read dozens of articles on Bundy and Ridgeway. I don't remember ever reading that any of them were cleared at any point in time. But I am not an expert, so I might be wrong.

Regarding you question, yes, I have tried many times. I have found random cases that could match, but definitely not a series that is consistent with CSK. I tried areas outside Australia and New Zealand (Italy, France, Turkey), but am not fluent in any of those languages so searching was difficult.

I think many other posters here have tried to look as well.

I've also read dozens of articles on Bundy and Ridgeway. I don't remember ever reading that any of them were cleared at any point in time. But I am not an expert, so I might be wrong.

Bundy was ruled out very early on in the investigations after officers thought he come across as too nice and likeable when he was first questioned, I was mistaken about Ridgeway though, he was never fully cleared, just not the main focus for a few years of their investigation but always remained a suspect.

Ink was found on the rope, along with Cotton t shirt material. Rope was found at one of the scenes.
Clealy you know more than the rest... can you please post an article stating that the police found rope with screenprinting material on it at either CG or JR sites....
Microscopic "paint spheres" were found on some of Gary Ridgeway's victims when analysed in 2000's-- this helped the prosecution case as Gary worked for Mac trucks at the time and the colour matched Mac specific paint, these particles were secondary transfer particles.... How does it (possibly) relate to CSK? We don't know exactly how the Screenprinting links in with CSK victims... unless the same rope/cord/whatever it was / used in Karra rape was also found at a CSK scene. Transfer of Screen printing particles could be the case- who knows.

what is this--->Strangled victims lost continence
Unconscious loss of bowel movements-- READ THE GREEN RIVER KILLER docuement I POSTED--- Often when Garry Ridgeway strangled his victims, they involuntarily lost their bowels...this is to do with the shut down of the autonomic nervous system. There is a quote (in the document) from Garry about this and how he hated having to clean up after his victims
How does it relate to CSK? Throat Cut vs Strangulation debate-- that being Blood vs possible incontinence in the car (either directly, at scene or via transfer)

Five bodies in an area? Wow talk about grouping.
Yes that is what Garry Ridgeway did - he had over 3 different locations that the police know about... he even dumped 2 bodies in a city further south to try and throw off the cops-- make them think he had moved to a different city... he wasn't 'stupid' -- he actually had rules that he stuck to etc thus why he was able to murder so many and kill multiple a day plus stay under the radar for so long! Its all in the document
How does it relate to CSK? If you read the document it gives you an insight as to why CSK might have left CG north of the river

(Modsnip)

(modsnip)

Well I read it! At least I understand the psychology behind the CSK covering the bodies in branches and leaves..that always had me baffled.
Ridgeway seemed to exhibit the same needs as a drug addict needing a fix. He was killing with such rapidity and regularity. Not so the CSK it appears. There is much to be learned from similarities as there are with differences.
I learned a lot from the article J35, thank you.

One of those technologies was lie-detector testing, or polygraphs. More than 50 people of interest would sit those tests, but one man in particular would fail it.

That man was firming as the prime suspect.

The article does say was not is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance Williams cleared by police.

INNOCENT!

must be a good feeling these 5 former poi's.

it indicates me, that the police do now in fact know exactly who the CSK is, to be able to completely rule these men out.

i have been considering for a while that the case is solved and the new information that has been leaked over the last few months is an attempt to give the impression to the public like the crime was solved through detective work of the macro taskforce, and not just a dna match to someone they had never suspected.
once police had a dna match, they discovered which evidence/ clues they had that could have lead to the killer, (the washing line, the car fibres, the screen printing link).

IMO.

Im so sad for Sarah, 20 years and not being found is awful.

Bundy was ruled out very early on in the investigations after officers thought he come across as too nice and likeable when he was first questioned, I was mistaken about Ridgeway though, he was never fully cleared, just not the main focus for a few years of their investigation but always remained a suspect.

Bundy was spoken to early on. Police thought it unlikely he was the killer. They had over a thousand men to investigate, and could not focus on Bundy without additional evidence.

He was not actually investigated and he was not cleared.

I will re-scan the books and post if my memory is wrong. I'm not trying to call you out or argue semantics, but this is relevant to the new discussion: Posters who continue discussing LW as a suspect can do so, but not by citing police had erroneously cleared Ted Bundy.

I will re-scan the books and post if my memory is wrong. I'm not trying to call you out or argue semantics, but this is relevant to the new discussion: Posters who continue discussing LW as a suspect can do so, but not by citing police had erroneously cleared Ted Bundy.

I have never stated LW was my suspect, I just stated of the known suspects he was the most likely, I have for some time believed the CSK to be someone unknown to us and police. I wasn't trying to put blame back on any of the suspects either I was just addressing a post where the poster ruled out potential suspects just because the police had cleared them, I was merely pointing out that it is not 100% guaranteed.

I'd bet almost anything that when the CSK is finally caught there will be proof of other murders before and since the claremont murders.

Not sure if you can help answer this, but I recall a while ago reading that at least one of the girls bodies had been mutilated, is this a confirmed fact or just hearsay/rumors. if it is true mutilation generally doesn't occur on the first few kills and is a method used after the sexual excitement of simply murdering has worn off which would give some what of a level of confirmation to my theory of the CSK having been a seasoned pro.

Sorry, CSK? That sounded like I was saying you were touting LW as the CSK. Didn't mean that.

Seriously, welcome to the thread.

It's still there.

It's easy to find suspicious things when you are looking for them, even unconsciously. I would not want to implicate an innocent man over an online comment.

PM me.

So that's our top suspects cleared for good!

I was at that Hungry Jacks last night for a Sundae after the fireworks and I sat at that bus stop out the front thinking about this case. I came on here and skimmed the last few posts on my phone and I was thinking I wonder if the real CSK died years ago and the suspects we all know are completely uninvolved. What happens then if none of the people I think of as being involved have anything to do with this and the real bloke is long dead.
Back on BF it was the wegers/ross combo leading the pack for a while for me.
I can only imagine what LW must have gone through. Given that he also offered men a lift down Stirling Highway and from personal experience with him I just couldn't see LW being the killer. All that stuff about carrying weapons, his violent past..dragging his relationships with women into the spotlight for everyone to scrutinise...I'd say LW's life has literally been destroyed by this.

Clearing these 5 suggests to me that the Karrakatta rape may have yielded sufficient forensic or DNA evidence to allow police to eliminate them. Hope they're closer to catching him.

Look how easy is it to mislead people?

Inconsistencies with Bret Christian's reporting

Fourth serial killer victim (Oct 17, 2015)
The forensic link shows that
the man who abducted a woman
from a Claremont street late at
night and sexually assaulted her
in Karrakatta Cemetery in 1995,
is the same man who murdered
Ciara Glennon.

Police have long linked three
crimes, all assumed to be murders.
But it is now known that there
is a link between at least one of
the murders and an abduction
and sexual assault where the
victim survived.

Ms Glennon, a 27-year-old
lawyer, was the last known
victim, in 1997, of the unknown
man who became notorious
Australia-wide as the Claremont
serial killer.

She was last seen after leaving
the Claremont Hotel around
midnight on March 17. She was
talking to someone in a white
*station wagon
stopped on Stirling
Highway, opposite Hungry Jack’s.
The attacks by the same person
are now known to span at
least three years.

*Based on one inebriated witness and now stated
as fact. No mention of other witness accounts of Ciara seen
further along the highway. No proof that she got into that
“station wagon”

Forensic tests have confirmed
that the man who murdered Ms
Glennon is the same man who
abducted a 17-year-old in Gugeri
Street, Claremont, bundled her
into the back of his *van and drove
her to Karrakatta cemetery,
raped her and left her for dead.

*Previously described as a “commercial vehicle”
but now defined specifically by BC as a “van”

Kidnapped teen in Claremont attack (Nov 14, 2015)
She escaped but he stalked
and recaptured her in Claremont
and bundled her into the back of
his station wagon.

The woman had never reported
the abduction to police,
believing it was useless because
she did not have a description
of the man or his vehicle

Two new clues (Dec 5, 2015)
Two new clues to the
Claremont serial killer have
been uncovered.
The man who terrorised the
western suburbs in the mid-
1990s drove a white mid-1990s
Holden Commodore VS Series
1, most likely a station wagon,
to abduct and murder at least
two of his victims.

Why most likely?
Throw up a picture of a station wagon
to add to your credibility and cement that
into your readers minds. Very irresponsible
reporting IMO!

Teen lured into Claremont car (Dec 22, 2015)
The teenager found herself
alone in a big carpark late at night
when a man approached and
asked for her help in finding
his car keys.
He said he thought he had lost
them down the back of the driver’s
seat of his car, a white Holden
Commodore

*No mention of the 'car' being a
station wagon this time. Woops!

Regarding the last article, 'Teen Lured into Claremont car'- I believe the date of this event was prior to the manufacture of the Series 2 VS Commodore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay