Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My appologies Bartholemeus. It`s just your name is a bit long to write, that`s all.
Great, then you only have to type 4 letters instead of 5 or 6 by calling me Bart.

Interesting how 88 MPH called me Perkie hey. Sounds like Frankie.
They're different people.

They remote viewed the far side of the moon
More like listened to Dark Side of the Moon whilst whaled on chronic.

why don't they remote view the house the CSK lives in if they could find Saddam Hussein's whereabouts? or remote view where the missing keyring and brooch are?

maybe get them to do the karrakatta site so they know where 1995 thing occurred and whether there are any grave stones located in the vicinity that may be relevant.

Why don't they remote view into my house, see my log in details, then log in as me and post the word "twinkle"?

Good point. I might just email them. See if they done another RV session of late. Twinkle Bart? What`s that about?

Sprintman,

Should you still be looking onto this thread, are you able to check which main/arterial road St Patrick Road in Lexia connected to in 1995? There is a site at -31.766034, 115.948612 which was owned by Telecom/Telstra in the early 90's and used for communication infrastructure.

It bears relevance to one of the many people I am looking into in relation to these matters.

Just thought I would mention that I knew Richard Dorrough (referred to on page 52, 53)
I met him not long before he went to jail for the attempted murder with a car.
He was a good looking young guy, clean cut, and when you first get to know him, seemed like a really decent, nice person. Later found out he was a complete nutjob and a compulsive liar.
Long story, but I knew that he murdered Rachael Campbell, I just didn't know that I knew until he was charged. Unfortunately, when I read the news and found out he had been charged, and they had his DNA, I thought "Good. He's gone." I just naturally assumed he would be found guilty. It didn't even cross my mind that he could get away with it, but he did.
The instant I found out that he did get away with it, I felt so guilty, and so sorry for taking the trial outcome for granted. I contacted the police and gave them what info I knew. That was part of the reason they were trying to get enough other evidence to charge him again. But in the end, he took matters into his own hands.
When I later found out he had confessed to three murders, it blew me away, in a surprised/but not surprised kind of way.

Just thought I would mention that I knew Richard Dorrough (referred to on page 52, 53)
He was a good looking young guy, clean cut, and when you first get to know him, seemed like a really decent, nice person. Later found out he was a complete nutjob and a compulsive liar.
Long story, but I knew that he murdered Rachael Campbell, I just didn't know that I knew until he was charged. Unfortunately, when I read the news and found out he had been charged, and they had his DNA, I thought "Good. He's gone." I just naturally assumed he would be found guilty. It didn't even cross my mind that he could get away with it, but he did.
The instant I found out that he did get away with it, I felt so guilty, and so sorry for taking the trial outcome for granted. I contacted the police and gave them what info I knew. That was part of the reason they were trying to get enough other evidence to charge him again. But in the end, he took matters into his own hands.
When I later found out he had confessed to three murders, it blew me away, in a surprised/but not surprised kind of way.

Ooh, very interesting. Can you tell us anything about your interaction with him? He did you find out he was such a liar?

Thanks for sharing your experience. I can imagine myself making a similar decision about not contacting detectives. I would probably think, He's been arrested and is going to court. If police needed additional info they would look through his emails/text history and ask if I could contribute. Please don't feel too guilty. You didn't know how important your info was. I will remember this anecdote if I'm ever in a similar situation.

Can you tell us more about his personality? Was he charming? Charismatic? Did he seem passive or aggressive? Was he friendly? Did he always have rage underneath the surface or was it something that would explode, then dissipate, then rebuild back up? Did he live an organized life or was he a mess? What were his attitudes towards animals and children? Do you think he felt true guilt for his crimes?

Sorry if that's too many questions. Just answer whatever you feel comfortable answering.

Sprintman,

Should you still be looking onto this thread, are you able to check which main/arterial road St Patrick Road in Lexia connected to in 1995? There is a site at -31.766034, 115.948612 which was owned by Telecom/Telstra in the early 90's and used for communication infrastructure.

It bears relevance to one of the many people I am looking into in relation to these matters.

JRs site is a stone throw from a telecommunications substation (along the railway).

I've read on here that Telstra workers could smell something in the days before GC was found.

There is a possible link to Telstra, I'm interested to hear your theory.

When will you share info on your suspects Peter?

Is there any telecommunications infrastructure within Karrakatta?

Hi havenwood,
thanks for sharing that info about Dorrough, do you know if he had any successful long term relationships? I'm interested in wether there was a pattern such as not killing while in a relationship. Good on you for going to the police with what you knew and trying to help. Were you afraid of him?

I actually met him because he started dating my best friend. They later married.
She started dating him, not long before he went to jail for the car incident. I think both of us were pretty shocked when we found out he had to go to court, and was facing prison. Because he seemed like such a generally nice guy ... it was like "no way".
Yes, Sutton he was charming. If you met him you would tend to like him.
So I got to know him in the early stages of their relationship. And when he did go to jail, I would then travel with my friend to visit him (because it was 3 hours away).
We would sit around a picnic table and chat, but I would also try and give them some "alone time" where they could just chat to each other, and I would either stare off blankly into space, or suss out the other prisoners and their families lol.
However, on one of these trips, as we were leaving the jail, my friend suddenly told me that while they were chatting amongst themselves, he had told her that he had killed somebody in Sydney, and he was worried about them taking his DNA while he was in prison, in case it tied him to the crime.
Understandably, this freaked my friend out slightly. We kept going over and over, basically rehashing the same thoughts. Why would he say something like that? Obviously it couldn't be true ... could it? We simply could not comprehend how it could be true. He must be joking, but why on earth would you joke about something so awful?
The next day we went back to the jail, because she obviously needed to find out what the hell was going on. I left them to talk, and later she told me that he had told her that he had just made it up, as a "test". Supposedly to see if she was really committed to him while he was in prison.
This pissed both of us off. I mean she has supported him in court, they had already got engaged (yes, moved way too quick, but it happened), she was doing long trips to visit him in prison .... how many signs of committment did he want? So yes, we were pissed off, we thought it was a truly ****** thing for him to do, but we also both forgave him eventually, and I guess we just palmed it off as prison messing with his head a bit.
Anyway, life went on. I was meant to be a bridesmaid at their wedding (when he got out). I met my eventual hubby. My friend and I had a falling out, and we kind of didn't talk for a while. We eventually made up again, and my partner and I attended their wedding.
One of the examples of his charm was the speech he gave to toast her at their wedding. It was really lovely, and I remember thinking "Wow, what a sweet guy to speak so beautifully about his wife".
I had moved away to live with my partner, and we kind of drifted apart, as you sometimes do.
Anyway, the marriage did not last long. And when I eventually caught up with my friend, I found out that the marriage had ended, and he was behaving like a loony. He was threatening to kill himself. Threatening to kill her. Just generally harrassing, stalking etc. But his dark side had been revealed before they even split. He would lie ... about anything. Even stupid petty stuff that he had no reason to lie about. Like she would be driving to the shops and she would see him coming out of Subway with lunch, so she would say to him that night (after work) "Oh yeah, I seen you grabbing lunch at Subway". And he'd be like "No, I wasn't."
I mean absolutely no need to lie about something so trivial, but he would.
Or she would be in the kitchen, and he'd be in the next room, and he'd say "How was your day?" and she'd say "It was good. Had a coffee with mum" ... and he would then start muttering under his breath things like "Yeah, I know you were out ****ing around you stupid *advertiser censored*". And she would be standing there with her jaw hitting the floor thinking "You do realise you're saying that out loud?"
He would go out into the backyard at night, and she thought he was just going for a stretch or whatever after tea ... but later discovered he was actually Peeping Tom on her neighbour while the neighbour was in the shower. She also found out that he had been doing that kind of freaky **** when he was a teenager ... either peeping on people, or stealing women's underwear, but his parents tried to cover it up and keep him out of trouble with the police.
So, that explains why the marriage didn't last long. His creepy, lying, crazy, aggressive, manipulative personality came out, and it was nothing like the man she thought she married.
And, my fingers need a break after all that, but will conclude the story later lol

My appologies Bartholemeus. It`s just your name is a bit long to write, that`s all.
Interesting how 88 MPH called me Perkie hey. Sounds like Frankie.

They remote viewed the far side of the moon & Saddam Husseins whereabouts in Tirkrit. How good they are here at R/V I don`t know.
that another one of my profiles. You did not no that parkie

For sure Peter..Will get back to you soon
Sprintman,

So to try and give a bit of a timeline -

I met Richard in 2000, so a little over 3 years after he killed Sara Lee Davey, and about 1.5 years after he killed Rachael and just prior to him going to jail for the attempted murder (with a car).
I think the police arrested him for Rachael's murder in 2009.
But anyway I hadn't heard anything about him for several years, after my friend's marriage to him ended. I was reading a newspaper and came across the story of a man extradited and charged with murder in a ten year old cold case (Rachael's). I read the suspects name, age, occupation, and my heart dropped. Instantly, I thought "Son of a b**** .... he DID kill somebody."
I knew that this murder was the one he had confessed to my friend while he was in jail, and then claimed he just made up, as a "test".
But I was glad that the police had finally caught up with him (via the DNA that he had been so worried about). I was happy that he would pay for what he did to Rachael.
It wasn't till around 2011, I actually discovered that he hadn't been found guilty. He admitted to having sex with her, he admitted to biting her (claiming it was part of the sex play), but denied killing her, and his lawyer made a good job of making Rachael's (ex)boyfriend look like he could have been the one who killed her.
I rang the police. Was put in contact with a detective that had been in charge of the case, and told him what I knew.
He eventually travelled from NSW up to Qld to meet me, and take all of my statement. He also wanted to get info from my friend, but she couldn't or wouldn't help him. I'm not sure whether she was scared that it might put her in danger, or if her mind had blocked out a lot of the stuff that happened, because she just didn't want to deal with it. She basically shut down.
The detective had actually hoped to get her to try something that might help them give the investigation a bit of a kick along ... but he realised that she wouldn't or couldn't. So he asked me instead. I will not go into the details of what this was, but I done what the police asked (that was mid to late 2012). Two years later, Richard was dead, and had left his confession to three murders.

And to answer some of the questions that people asked.
Yes, I was scared once I realised that he was guilty of murder (and at this point, I only knew about one of the murders). Especially after I gave my info to the police, and helped them out with that other little thing. I sometimes had dreams of him turning up at my house to kill me.
How was he with kids - Before he met my friend, he had had a girlfriend in NSW and they actually had a child together. I don't know how often he ever saw her. But she was only 2 or 3 years old when Richard came into our lives. Both my friend and I had a child each, both around nine years old at the time, and he seemed ok with them, but was never really alone with them either.
He could seem like a normal, intelligent, charming, funny, helpful, friendly, decent guy .. but as we later realised he was good at acting a certain way, but the crazy wasn't that far below the surface. If anything he probably struck me a passive, rather than aggessive, because my friend could be a bit bossy, and he seemed to go along with it. But I think that was just in the early days, when still on his best behaviour. After they had been married for a while, he didn't seem to feel the need to keep the mask in place anymore.
The Kombi Van that the police suspect he used in the murder, he still had it when we knew him. It sat in his parent's yard for several years, because it wasn't actually running, but he wanted to eventually do it up and get it back on the road. He had quite an attachment to that van, hindsight explains why. Also the van supposedly had an "electrical fire" which damaged the interior ... I assume in an attempt to get rid of forensic evidence.

Do I believe he felt remorse for his crimes? I may be wrong ... but NO.
I do not believe his suicide was out of remorse. I think it was more that he knew that everything was going to come crashing down. The police were still putting the pressure on. And due to certain events, I think his parents may have realised that they had made a mistake, and that he WAS guilty of the crime he'd been accused of, or at the very least, they finally had doubts.
Also, if you feel remorse, and you know you are planning on killing yourself, then when you write your suicide note, you at least identify the victims, so that their families can finally have some kind of closure.
He didn't name his victims. I believe it was his way of saying to the police "I know that you know who two of my victims are, but you're gonna have to figure out the third". Kind of like a final "up yours" to the people who were still trying to bring him to justice.

Peter,
Attached is the map as requested. St Patrick Rd was connected to the North at Warbrook Rd (Limestone Track at that time and South to Gnangara Rd via Reynolds/Gaskell Rd. St Patrick Rd at the time seems likely to have been a sand track although possibly capped with limestone as were most of the Gnangara plantation access roads at the time. Can provide better resolution images of any of these areas if needed.
Regards
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• St Patrick Rd.PNG
    St Patrick Rd.PNG
    758.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Telecom Site 95.PNG
    Telecom Site 95.PNG
    478 KB · Views: 168
Does anyone have the article that states Telstra workers could smell "something" in the lead up to the discovery of GC?

Cheers

Thank you so much for sharing all that Havenwood! How did all this affect YOU though? Are you still a bit in shock? The reason I ask is that I have been through something similar, not a murderer, but a vicious paedophile who was my boss and the "pillar of society". Has just been sentenced end of last year to 10.5 years in jail. He was also "Mr Nice Guy" till you said "No" to him for whatever he wanted to manipulate and "control" you into doing. I reported him to senior management for bullying and harassment but was told I was an "hysterical" woman. The "rage" was always just below the surface, now I look back on it, do you feel that too about Richard? I think you're remarkably brave for standing up and doing the right thing by going to the police. My 2 years of hell still haunts me and has made me much more suspicious and watchful with people. I no longer take people at "face value", sad but true.

Hi Lamp, it is a strange position to be in. I mean, I considered him a friend. I liked the guy. And then to find out I was so wrong about him. When I read about him being charged with Rachael's murder (and realising he was guilty), it shook me. But when I realised he got away with it, I felt stunned, and angry. I also felt quite a bit of guilt. For some time I found it hard to deal with ... the fact that I hadn't contacted the police while he was still at trial, because I assumed he would be found guilty. I kind of blamed myself for him getting away with it.
When I found out he died, I actually wondered if it was suicide? Because at first, I wasn't aware of how he died. When the story finally made it to the news, about his suicide, and the confession note that he left ... that REALLY blew my mind. I mean, it's bad enough knowing that somebody has killed one person ... but to then find out they had actually killed three, and at different times and places ... that does take it to a new level.
So how it affected me, shock, anger, guilt, a bit of fear. My friendship with my former best friend suffered, probably irretrievably. Her and I are no longer in contact.
It showed me that I am not necessarily the good judge of character that I thought I was ... which (as you have also felt) is sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298