Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be more more women who have come forward with similar stories to the police that would not have been covered in the media. If some of these witness accounts start to bare similarities such as age, height, hair, car type etc then it's hard to believe MACRO don't have some pretty solid identikits of their guy.

There would be more more women who have come forward with similar stories to the police that would not have been covered in the media. If some of these witness accounts start to bare similarities such as age, height, hair, car type etc then it's hard to believe MACRO don't have some pretty solid identikits of their guy.
papertrail spotted an artists impression of what looked to be an identikit image of a wanted dude in a doco regarding the CSK [thread 4 i think it was posted on ] maybe this is the dude in question

reg papertrails post on identikit
sorry not thread 4 it can be found in thread 3 #3 con bayens\ paul ferguson interview

Matching fibres to vehicles is not a recent breakthrough, they have been doing it for years. So they should have known about the commodore fairly early in the piece. Why hound LW who drove a Hyundai Sonata?

This will never be solved. Detectives released the footage way too late. LIke 12 years. PLus they cannot see the clues in the blogs or the coordinates hinted. BAd fkn luck dimwits !!

It looked like you were the one that brought it up. But his parents owned a mechanical garage petrol station with cars overnight for repairs. He worked at Main roads with a few thousand new Commodores.As I said, he has been cleared by police.
I would rather focus on facts than people. Focusing on people leads to tunnel vision IMHO.

More interesting are the red dots on the left of the image. That looks like our Karrakatta Commodore driving 30 something printing mystery man out of the JR video who was about 15 years older than Sarah Spiers. Thats no boyfriend.

Hes definitely not a looker.

Matching fibres to vehicles is not a recent breakthrough, they have been doing it for years. So they should have known about the commodore fairly early in the piece. Why hound LW who drove a Hyundai Sonata?

Maybe post a link?
reg papertrails post on identikit
sorry not thread 4 it can be found in thread 3 #3 con bayens\ paul ferguson interview

Dont worry, I did it for you. Thats ok, thank me later.
attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-3&p=12176671#post12176671

He only started at Main Roads after Ciara was taken. I was asking a question. You focus on whatever you like.

It looked like you were the one that brought it up. But his parents owned a mechanical garage petrol station with cars overnight for repairs. He worked at Main roads with a few thousand new Commodores.As I said, he has been cleared by police.
I would rather focus on facts than people. Focusing on people leads to tunnel vision IMHO.

Maybe post a link?

I don't think they are Dimwits, always mistakes made I guess but I generally have a lot of respect for Police. As we were not members of the TF we will probably never know why so much information was withheld. I'm sure they had reasons. I'm also sure that they would have thought of anything we could dream up on this thread. I just wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

This will never be solved. Detectives released the footage way too late. LIke 12 years. PLus they cannot see the clues in the blogs or the coordinates hinted. BAd fkn luck dimwits !!

I'd like to comment on Claremont/Western Suburbs being exclusive areas and the nightclubs there having a kind of closed group feeling. I live in the western suburbs and have done since about 1990 and I have to say it's a lot less exclusive that it used to come across as. The uni attracts more international students/staff than ever, and if you take a walk from say, Steve's all the way down Broadway to Hampden Rd near Charlie's, or up stirling highway to Claremont, it's not really an exclusive area anymore. I worked at MLC in the 90s and I believed my friends when they told me how exclusive the area was and how I wouldnt fit in. First month at MLC I got asked over and over by the school girls if I could get drugs for the big day out or for their parties and I was warned by male staff not to be seen talking to the girls. I overheard plenty of times MLC schoolgirls (and they were really only kids) talking about their weekend, how many drugs they took, how such and such had lesbian sex with such and such, how there were thressomes happening at parties and how some girls had made videos of their sex adventures. I couldnt believe my ears! Prior to working there I had heard how UWA and the western suburbs were very exclusive and it was all Dalkeith kids doing law degrees but having spent time in the area it was just as seedy as fremantle or northbridge at the time: just dressed in better clothes and driving nicer cars. I caught the train from Claremont station on weekends going into and back from town and I often saw groups of bogans and very non stereotypical western suburbs folks get off in Claremont heading out on the lash there. I laugh when I do my grocery shopping at Claremont now and see the western Suburbs tennis mums looking very pleased with themselves. I think the western suburbs used to have the image of being rich areas but apart from steves and captain stirling (and kk's at broadway back in the day) the only local place to go was Claremont where you'd get people filtering through on the way from Freo into Town. That was my experience anyway. Even in the 90s when the CSK was on the loose, I used to walk to the 24 hour supermarket where Bunnings is now in Claremont and at 3am I'd see drunk chicks staggering home down stirling highway, dressed like strippers, groups of pissed blokes shouting and carrying on near HJs and the same behaviour you'd typically see in Northbridge or Leederville on any Saturday night. Someone else mentioned a secret brothel at MLC. I certainly didnt hear about that one in my time there but about 10 years ago (roughly) there was a scandal at MLC where some of the school girls were busted recording sex tapes with each other and selling them for profit. I believe it was in the news but I cant seem to find a link to any media relating to it. I remember at the time thinking "well, that doesnt suprise me at all" given the nature of the conversations I'd overheard there.

Im just wondering if he is the mate of the abattoir ex military truck driving guy Morey who had some relationship with Nedlands? Maybe this guy was a mate of Mr Black Beret Moustache? Maybe someone knocked him off? 30 year old CSK was too hot for drug dealers? Who is the Commodore printing guy? Was he a sales guy for a printing firm and had a sales rep Commodore?

http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/_files/mcmahon_finding.pdf

a_020604genmorey2_2_17bh2no-17bh2np.jpg

More interesting are the red dots on the left of the image. That looks like our Karrakatta Commodore driving 30 something printing mystery man out of the JR video who was about 15 years older than Sarah Spiers. Thats no boyfriend.

Hes definitely not a looker.

Maybe post a link?

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-3&p=12176671#post12176671

You are presuming the video would have helped someone identify the back of someones head no ones knows. The video was probably best kept away so MM didnt know police knew his video presence. I think MM knew the security camera was there. At no point does he face the camera. Which begs the question, was that the only camera?

There is an entire security team there facing each other after one girl had gone from there less than 12 months prior. He has walked right up in front of the security team. He could have held their hands FFS. None of them noticed him. They were too busy playing with each others balls.

IMHO the footage released 3 days later would have helped little.

Notice how he swims in from one direction, and shoots off in another, but never faces the camera. Maybe he was a security guy, who wanted to embarrass the relatively new security team on the block? Who took whose business away from them? Who were the prior security team? Was he a professional mercenary sent in to teach Claremont business owners a lesson on who they should have kept as security? They even did a paper spiel on the new Claremont security mogal who owned a new bright red Ferrari talking him up.

Was this punishment for changing security teams in Claremont? It certainly was when all the crap started.

I don't think they are Dimwits, always mistakes made I guess but I generally have a lot of respect for Police. As we were not members of the TF we will probably never know why so much information was withheld. I'm sure they had reasons. I'm also sure that they would have thought of anything we could dream up on this thread. I just wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

I would rather focus on facts than people.
Given you insist on facts;

1. Which garage did they own? There's 3 in Mosman Park. Which one?
2. Can you please provide a link where police have cleared LW. As far as I'm aware they refuse to comment either way.

That looks like our Karrakatta Commodore driving 30 something printing mystery man out of the JR video who was about 15 years older than Sarah Spiers. Thats no boyfriend.
<modsnip>

Maybe post a link?

I'd like to comment on Claremont/Western Suburbs being exclusive areas and the nightclubs there having a kind of closed group feeling. I live in the western suburbs and have done since about 1990 and I have to say it's a lot less exclusive that it used to come across as. The uni attracts more international students/staff than ever, and if you take a walk from say, Steve's all the way down Broadway to Hampden Rd near Charlie's, or up stirling highway to Claremont, it's not really an exclusive area anymore.
I seem to be one of the few locals here and really the only claiming it's exclusive so clearly you are referencing me.

There seems to be some misunderstanding here. I have always maintained The Conti and CBV are exclusive. They are, always have been, and always will be in that Thurs/Fri/Sat night time slot. Not as exclusive as 20 years ago but still exclusive. I have never claimed bars and pubs near the uni, nor The Swanbourne (RIP), Captain Stirling, The Highway Hotel (rip) etc are exclusive.

The Conti and CBV were very exclusive in the mid 90s and anyone who claims otherwise is full of it.

I worked at MLC in the 90s and I believed my friends when they told me how exclusive the area was and how I wouldnt fit in. First month at MLC I got asked over and over by the school girls if I could get drugs for the big day out or for their parties and I was warned by male staff not to be seen talking to the girls. I overheard plenty of times MLC schoolgirls (and they were really only kids) talking about their weekend, how many drugs they took, how such and such had lesbian sex with such and such, how there were thressomes happening at parties and how some girls had made videos of their sex adventures. I couldnt believe my ears! Prior to working there I had heard how UWA and the western suburbs were very exclusive
That's great but how does that equate to MLC not being exclusive? It's 30k+ per year. That excludes 95% of the population immediately and by definition means it's exclusive.

and it was all Dalkeith kids doing law degrees but having spent time in the area it was just as seedy as fremantle or northbridge at the time: just dressed in better clothes and driving nicer cars.
I would hardly call it seedy. Plenty of drugs around but that doesn't necessarily equate to seedy.

I caught the train from Claremont station on weekends going into and back from town and I often saw groups of bogans and very non stereotypical western suburbs folks get off in Claremont heading out on the lash there.
They would have been going to the Speedway.

You go to the pubs in Subi when a football game is on and they're packed with footy fans. Go to the COnti on a Fri night when Speedway is on and not one bogan will drop into their before or after the Speedway. It just didn't happen back then and I doubt it happens now.

They allegedly lost the evidence though. I do recall reading an article where WAPOL admitted their evidence collecting and storing methods were second rate and evidence was lost so they overhauled their system. But they then allegedly found the fibres in 2004 after the Schramm review and then lost them a second time.

He only started at Main Roads after Ciara was taken. I was asking a question. You focus on whatever you like.
Cheers. Do you have a link to LW working at MRD after Ciara?
Prior he worked at a bank. There is prior reference to LW potentially leasing a VS in Debis book.
Its been discussed in priof comments.

I think MM knew the security camera was there. At no point does he face the camera.
He does face the camera. Either he was lucky and was facing the camera when it switched to the other two views, or he can be seen on camera but Macro decided not to release it.

Which begs the question, was that the only camera?
Why would there be another one?

There's either one camera that moves to 3 views, or there's a camera for each of those 3 views shown in the MM footage. But it's highly unlikely there would be another one.

There is an entire security team there facing each other after one girl had gone from there less than 12 months prior.
SS did not go to The Conti.

Notice how he swims in from one direction, and shoots off in another,
No. The footage that I have seen doesn't show the direction he leaves in. Do you have some footage the rest of us don't have or are you making stuff up (again)?

Maybe he was a security guy, who wanted to embarrass the relatively new security team on the block?
So he risked getting caught to undermine a security team? Sounds pretty far-fetched.

Who took whose business away from them? Who were the prior security team? Was he a professional mercenary sent in to teach Claremont business owners a lesson on who they should have kept as security?
Right, so someone paid a contract killer to kill 3 girls to teach someone a lesson? That's on equal footing as your IRA terrorist theory.

They even did a paper spiel on the new Claremont security mogal who owned a new bright red Ferrari talking him up.
Do you have a link for this?

Cheers. Do you have a link to LW working at MRD after Ciara?
Prior he worked at a bank. There is prior reference to LW potentially leasing a VS in Debis book.
Its been discussed in priof comments.

1. My understanding is LW start at MRD after CG
2. There is no reference to LW "potentially" leasing a VS Commodore in DM's book. Macro did accuse/suggest he might have hired a car but there is no mention that it was a VS. Unfortunately you're making stuff up again.

They allegedly lost the evidence though. I do recall reading an article where WAPOL admitted their evidence collecting and storing methods were second rate and evidence was lost so they overhauled their system. But they then allegedly found the fibres in 2004 after the Schramm review and then lost them a second time.

https://www.ccc.wa.gov.au/sites/def...alia Police Property Management Practices.pdf

This might shed some light on evidence being lost. It's a boring read so in summary, that outcome was to establish better management of evidence by building purpose built storage etc. Which is what they did! (Report is from 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon