PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think his hero was Steven Paddock? Judging by the preparation, quite possible.
Let’s hope not, because that’ll mean we’ll be here years from now scratching our heads.

It was a different type of crime, but it appears he was interested in covering his tracks like Paddock.

Just watched a Butler County sheriff interview with a KDKA reporter.
Apparently Butler police thought the roof wasn’t safe to put an officer onto due to its slope.
There were two command stations. One for SS and PA State police, and a separate one for Butler police - inside the AGR building, thus causing a breakdown in communications.

Edit: correct to Butler County Sheriff, not police chief

Last edited:
I think he was going for someone who would ensure everyone remembered him.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he went for someone like a pop singer.
It would have to be a pop singer who is well known now, not someone who has faded from the spotlight.

I don't think it was political.

I"m thinking that it might not only be political events that should look at their security.
I know he's gone, but I worry about copy cats.

At this point, with no political agenda, killers like TMC appear to just be consumed with themselves... whatever it is... it's all about ME. Is that mental illness, a personality disorder, or just emotional immaturity? With both parents being licensed professional counselors, they surely had to be concerned about their son who (apparently) had no friends. However, it's possible most of his friends were online.

I'm basically just wondering aloud here.

Just watched a Butler police chief interview with a KDKA reporter.
Apparently Butler police thought the roof wasn’t safe to put an officer onto due to its slope.
There were two command stations. One for SS and PA State police, and a separate one for Butler police - inside the AGR building, thus causing a breakdown in communications.
Is the AGR bldg the shooter's building?

How does this square with the lack of ample and prepared security on Saturday? The focus should be on the fractured protection that evening.

Why are they saying this to the public to begin with? How does Iran fit here? Are they saying that TC has ties to Iran? If not there isn’t any reason to redirect the focus.

Am I missing something?
I think they are just saying what they are saying. There was a threat related to Iran. I don't think there is any suggestion TC has ties to anyone or anything but himself and at the moment all people are doing is speculating that he had some anger because of high school bullying and others are playing the which side is he on? game that people often do in the aftermath of events like this. But, I think that's it. Nobody really knows anything.

As we learn more about the attempt, it doesn't appear there was so much a lack of security, but misplaced resources and maybe a lack of attention to detail.

I wonder if security may have been more on the lookout for Middle Eastern men or a more organized plot and weren't quite as attuned to a rogue gunman/kid that looks like a typical young Trump supporter. If so, their mistake.

Just watched a Butler police chief interview with a KDKA reporter.

Tbh, the 'slope' didn't look like a dangerous angle ?
I've observed worse on some houses.
But in that case, why not have drones positioned above ?
It's not as if there isn't good technology out there in this day and age.
Omo.

This is not hard data.

It's voter profile "scores" from 2016. It's "marketing research" where companies target products based on "likely interests", such as "likely to own guns". Campaigns and businesses do this, so they can target ads based on your "interests'. Someone who scores high would be assumed to respond positively to ads or talking points in support of 2nd amendment rights. Someone who scores high may also respond positively to ads from sporting goods stores which carry firearms etc.

For what it's worth, they keep this kind of data on almost everyone. Not just firearms, but all sorts of things. Support for public education, support for marijuana. Support for this, support for that etc.....in the private sector: clothing preferences, beverage preferences...etc...

We see this everywhere though. Ads on SM. Ads on the internet...etc etc etc...

Last edited:
Let’s hope not, because that’ll mean we’ll be here years from now scratching our heads.

It was a different type of crime, but it appears he was interested in covering his tracks like Paddock.
In Paddock's case, I think he was just an evil man who shot up the concertgoers out of anger over his declining health and gambling losses. Total loser behavior

This one though. So challenging given that Thomas Crooks was a conservative like Trump.

I think he was going for someone who would ensure everyone remembered him.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he went for someone like a pop singer.
It would have to be a pop singer who is well known now, not someone who has faded from the spotlight.

I don't think it was political.

I"m thinking that it might not only be political events that should look at their security.
I know he's gone, but I worry about copy cats.
Yes, an analogy would be a pop star. That's how I see it too.

In Paddock's case, I think he was just an evil man who shot up the concertgoers out of anger over his declining health and gambling losses. Total loser behavior

This one though. So challenging given that Thomas Crooks was a conservative like Trump.

They had a huge difference in age, so it is hard to compare, except for the fact that both were mass murderers. But I see some similarity in them going 1) against institutions and 2) the same institutions they lived by. Paddock targeted the gaming business, and it was his biggest hobby. This guy, Crooks, the guns (because his attempt will generate a lot of discussions) and - call it political canvas? I don't view him as the school shooter at all, perhaps he didn't always understand that he was bullied. There is something of a Luddite in him, strange as it may sound.

I wonder if that also plays into why it doesn't appear he left a note or video... it's more mysterious. He'd be (and probably still will be) the subject of conspiracy talk for decades.
I think he was more focused on getting to the event and doing the shooting. MassGuy said he may have purchased a cheap detonator, which may have not been able to reach his vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member