Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #7 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice theory there Mandy. I think you have put the final piece to the puzzle into place.

In Sarah Spiers case I think she was attacked from behind and dragged behind a brick wall. Few people here would know that there used to be a BC Body Club on that corner, with a large carpark out the front. It was surrounded by a low brick wall.

I remember when BC burned down.... You could smell the smoke for days afterwards all the way along Stirling highway. The comment about pretending to fix a broken pay phone then offering a pretty young girl a lift to the next working one is an excellent suggestion. He may have said "look jump in and I'll just drop you Home if you like. Seeing as it's telstra's fault you can't get s cab it's the least I can do" If he was charming or fatherly enough it may well have been his MO

I remember when BC burned down.... You could smell the smoke for days afterwards all the way along Stirling highway. The comment about pretending to fix a broken pay phone then offering a pretty young girl a lift to the next working one is an excellent suggestion. He may have said "look jump in and I'll just drop you Home if you like. Seeing as it's telstra's fault you can't get s cab it's the least I can do" If he was charming or fatherly enough it may well have been his MO

Except we know that she did make a call from that phone booth from phone records, and witnesses saw her waiting there alone.

Perhaps he tapped the phone line from a short distance a way. When he heard a pretty young girl make a call for a taxi, he put magnetic Taxi plates over the Telstra logo and went to pick her up...

Stupid question perhaps, does anyone have an email for anyone involved in this in the WA Police? I may have a tiny snippet of background info.

I wonder if this arrest is an elaborate decoy to try and annoy the real killer into to make contact with police.

Mandy might be onto something (i had to register for this)

I grew up in Claremont and would frequent the conti a lot from 1998-2005. The payphones were annoyingly down the end of bay view.. Stirling hwy end
The payphones were directly across the road at the post office.

Hes convinced them to get in the car somehow..theres no way he could have abducted them without being seen.
It's definitely possible.

On one hand;

- BC's info about DNA looks good. Therefore his claim that macro think blitz attack is probably good.
- There's definitely a great grab spot for CG next to Christ Church.
- KK link is confirmed so this guy has a history of blitz attack

On the other hand;

- A car was seen at both SS and CG abduction sites. The o e at CG matches the evidence
- The logic behind the SS abduction site doesn't make sense. It's the wrong spot for a blitz.
- If BE is the CSK then he has form with an agg burg. Shows he can mix it up.

At this stage I'm leaning towards pick up. Maybe a pick up blitz combo.

With all the talk regarding cigarette buts found in JC's car, it would be interesting to know if he smoked when younger, and whether the brand matches? Perhaps even DNA?

I wonder if this arrest is an elaborate decoy to try and annoy the real killer into to make contact with police.

I think it would be too extreme to do that to a random member of the public. They would have to employ a cop, actor or some other professional? Imagine the cost involved? The parents would have to be informed. They couldn't put them through a false arrest? What made you think of that? Has it been done before?

This is interesting. It sounds to me that LE found something in the case files that pinpointed him. I wonder if they already had interviewed him before and he had some crazy story that they believed the first time.

Then when DNA came to match others they knew he was lying.

Maybe his DNA was identified the first time and he had some crazy excuse about picking up the Kimono garment lying in the street.
I am thinking the kimono was dropped outside away from the attack victims house.

They dont say where it was actually found. So this could be what happened and they didnt have enough to prove it was him if he said he picked it up.

I bet he wore it so victim could not see his face so she could not ID him either.

ETA I think i misread some information so we can scratch my theory because it sounds like they never even tested the DNA until just recently on the Kimono. Not sure why they would not have done that sooner though.

"Her screams caused him to flee and police believe he dropped the stolen kimono as he ran from the home."

"While the DNA link did not give them a name for that person, it did provide detectives with fresh investigative opportunities contained within the pages of the 1988 case file. As a result of re-examining that case, The Saturday Telegraph understands a major breakthrough came within weeks.""

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/claremont-murders-stolen-silk-gown-key-to-police-making-arrest/news-story/7354e965cc2d7d087d7d207ae1d04d20

Anything thing new going on with this case?

Could someone kindly link the recent YouTube clip of police statement & Karl O to the thread ?
And any other new interesting footage if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon