Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a lurker with nothing much to add. But it struck me as well CSK how little he has left behind on the internet. I can't find anything, apart from a couple of items he doesn't mind being seen. If he is an old school nerd circa mid 90s then the internet was an interesting place and I imagine it unlocked doors for many people who had some very strange fetishes. I never knew there were people who had an interest in such things as people with amputations until I stumbled on it in the mid 90s. I would imagine a Telstra tech his age would have been an early adopter of the internet. If anyone found any link to his internet use beyond 1999 what a story that would tell.

I just find it interesting that someone (BE) who was a member of a computer hobby group, knew a decent amount about computers (solved a pc problem on whirlpool) and was he administrator of a couple of websites has left very little in regards to an online footprint over the years. googling both his known username and email bring up very little online history. Other usernames maybe?

absolutely other usernames and emails- all stealth imo. Bravicat is the bull***** harmless persona

I never went to Claremont in the '90's but I have been walking around Nedlands and Claremont at night recently and, even though it was only about 8pm at night it was still really creepy - especially around Karrakatta Cemetary! I'm actually glad, in a way, the girl who was raped in that cemetary had her head covered because if she could have seen the gravestones all around I think she would have had a heart attack.

I'm seeing ambush as very likely. Claremont is very dark at night and the main street, (Stirling Highway) is just all businesses which are dark and deserted in the middle of the night (and even moreso way back in the 1990's when Perth was still just a 'big country town' compared to other cities like Sydney and Melbourne. Also, back then, Perthites really deserted the nightspots as soon as midnight hit so the place would have become devoid of most humans pretty quickly after 12.

There are many, pitch-black spots where a woman could be snatched and stuffed into a car by a broad-shouldered man, very easily, I think...as evidenced by the Rowe Park attack.

It's possible the CSK felt that the 'ambush them and stuff 'em in the car' (Rowe Park) technique was too risky so he then may have tried to charm or trick them into the car (to avoid the possibility of a struggle being seen or heard). If that didn't succeed then he may well have resorted to what many kidnappers have done and that is, drive further up the street and park until the girl approaches and then jump out of the shadows, grabbing her. Or he may have circled around the block, driven up beside her and pulled her into the car.

I tend to think it would be less risky to anticipate where the intended target was heading and then drive up ahead and park out of sight then pounce on the girls' back as they pass you.

Just my opinion.
Thank you very much. Just always looks busy in the footage I've seen of the area but I can see dark creepy corners nearby that he could have parked and waited at and had the girls went that way for whatever reason ..very likely he could have snatched them.
Just amazed no one heard anything. Though he may have hit them or something :/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi just registered to post this.

This article: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/former-suspect-still-feels-scars-say-family-ng-b88338163z
It's about LW and how his life was affected by being named a suspect. While it's an interesting article about LW, one line near the end caught my attention.
LW's brother is quoted as saying “I was pretty taken aback and a little bit upset. I remember one stupid question they asked once, ‘Have you ever seen your brother in women’s clothing?’, trying to make out he was some sort of pervert.”

This stood out to me because we now know that there was a kimono found at the scene of the 1988 Huntingdale home invasion of which BE has now been charged with. To LW's brother it meant nothing but to WAPOL and Macro it must've been a reasonable question. I can only assume that they were piecing together that the kimono belonged to the CSK way back before LW was dropped as a suspect in 2008.

People over the years had also suggested random women's clothing were found at the dump sites/kk rape. I'm not sure if there is anything to back this up as fact and how they even come to that conclusion but it would seem fitting.

Thank you very much. Just always looks busy in the footage I've seen of the area but I can see dark creepy corners nearby that he could have parked and waited at and had the girls went that way for whatever reason ..very likely he could have snatched them.
Just amazed no one heard anything. Though he may have hit them or something :/

There are detailed hypotheses with photos & maps in previous threads about blitz attack vs taxi/pickup . most recent being midway through thread #6 . It hasn't been proved either way , but now there's a telstra link to add in to the possible MO so blitz less chance perhaps

Just a lurker with nothing much to add. But it struck me as well CSK how little he has left behind on the internet. I can't find anything, apart from a couple of items he doesn't mind being seen. If he is an old school nerd circa mid 90s then the internet was an interesting place and I imagine it unlocked doors for many people who had some very strange fetishes. I never knew there were people who had an interest in such things as people with amputations until I stumbled on it in the mid 90s. I would imagine a Telstra tech his age would have been an early adopter of the internet. If anyone found any link to his internet use beyond 1999 what a story that would tell.

Yes, I agree - a tech-head of his generation to have so little presence on the internet is unusual. But I hope the police are finding out all sorts of stuff about him as they go through his computers with a fine-tooth comb (or whatever the computer equivalent would be).

Yes, I agree - a tech-head of his generation to have so little presence on the internet is unusual. But I hope the police are finding out all sorts of stuff about him as they go through his computers with a fine-tooth comb (or whatever the computer equivalent would be).

I disagree. I am a tech head around his generation and I have no online presence other than webslueths. No facebook, no twitter, nothing. People who know about computers realize how dangerous having an online presence is.

I may be off the mark but I really do doubt you Frankie. Two circumstances now you have placed yourself linked closely to the possible CSK as a potential witness of the abduction and now that there is an arrest as a friend of the brother of the CSK. It just seems like you're trying to get in on the center of attention but hey like I said, I could be way wrong.

It is amazing how many similarities there are between the CSK and the BTK (also noted there are some huge differences) lets hope this guy follows BTK's lead and admits everything.

As for the familial DNA link, does it have to be a direct link, father, brother, child or can the familial line extend to nephews also?
its was a big surprise to have 2 links to the cast. do you have any links CSK

Here he is on eBay. Also, I'm not sure if it was posted here already, but "" is the first 3 letters of his, his wife and daughter's name. http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=&ftab=AllFeedback

People over the years had also suggested random women's clothing were found at the dump sites/kk rape. I'm not sure if there is anything to back this up as fact and how they even come to that conclusion but it would seem fitting.
5f2468a4814665c29be6338dbda17f54.jpg

News article that mentions miscellaneous clothing at wellard

5f2468a4814665c29be6338dbda17f54.jpg

News article that mentions miscellaneous clothing at wellard

Thats really weird...
I read things were missing off the Claremont victims (jacket,brooch ) so assumed he took them..where are these other clothes coming from though and why does he leave them?? Or even have them at all

So I am assuming someone has picked up on this but at 4:55AM on Dec 22 BE sends a message about the new stadium to WCE on FB. It's publicly viewable.

Most people are not driving home at 4:55am, unless they a shift worker or on a very odd errand, like airport, kids sports etc.
Telstra shift worker fits perfectly, roaming the streets, getting paid.
So SaveSave

Wonder if he ever thought about or was an uber driver ???

It's just bizarre, might have been one of the very last things he ever did as a free man, cops I am assuming would have been monitoring him as soon as results confirmed he was essentially the most wanted man in Australia.
An hour before he is raided he is messaging about what the local football team should call the new stadium as it looks like xyz as he was driving towards his home at 4AM in the morning.

Maybe just to confuse police ?
Probably right there. Seems half the reason they do any of it is to outsmart and mess with police
Hope they have more evidence than his dna on a kimono .

Maybe just to confuse police ?
Hi froglady ,[emoji196] Its confusing if you don't quote whom the reply is for . I agree with your comment though . Theres no evidence of a sure link to the clothes found yet . but we have just taken note of a possible link thats all .

I never went to Claremont in the '90's but I have been walking around Nedlands and Claremont at night recently and, even though it was only about 8pm at night it was still really creepy - especially around Karrakatta Cemetary! I'm actually glad, in a way, the girl who was raped in that cemetary had her head covered because if she could have seen the gravestones all around I think she would have had a heart attack.

I'm seeing ambush as very likely. Claremont is very dark at night and the main street, (Stirling Highway) is just all businesses which are dark and deserted in the middle of the night (and even moreso way back in the 1990's when Perth was still just a 'big country town' compared to other cities like Sydney and Melbourne. Also, back then, Perthites really deserted the nightspots as soon as midnight hit so the place would have become devoid of most humans pretty quickly after 12.

There are many, pitch-black spots where a woman could be snatched and stuffed into a car by a broad-shouldered man, very easily, I think...as evidenced by the Rowe Park attack.

It's possible the CSK felt that the 'ambush them and stuff 'em in the car' (Rowe Park) technique was too risky so he then may have tried to charm or trick them into the car (to avoid the possibility of a struggle being seen or heard). If that didn't succeed then he may well have resorted to what many kidnappers have done and that is, drive further up the street and park until the girl approaches and then jump out of the shadows, grabbing her. Or he may have circled around the block, driven up beside her and pulled her into the car.

I tend to think it would be less risky to anticipate where the intended target was heading and then drive up ahead and park out of sight then pounce on the girls' back as they pass you.

Just my opinion.
Ambushing with one person wouldn't be easy though... These aren't little kids.

He'd have to be out of his car, get them in, then go around and drive off.

Unless he's knocked them out as part of the ambush?

So I am assuming someone has picked up on this but at 4:55AM on Dec 22 BE sends a message about the new stadium to WCE on FB. It's publicly viewable.

Most people are not driving home at 4:55am, unless they a shift worker or on a very odd errand, like airport, kids sports etc.
Telstra shift worker fits perfectly, roaming the streets, getting paid.
So SaveSave
Screenshot? How did you find that.?

Screenshot? How did you find that.?

Put his name into facebook and keep scrolling down past the news articles. Will only work on desktop.

Someone commented that he wouldn't have to worry about what they are calling the new stadium LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95