Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably right there. Seems half the reason they do any of it is to outsmart and mess with police
Hope they have more evidence than his dna on a kimono .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Police also said his DNA matched two of the other cases:

[FONT=&quot]Police claim the DNA samples came back as a match to samples already on the police database — samples that had been recovered from the body of the third Claremont victim, Ciara Glennon, and from a 17-year-old woman grabbed in a Claremont street in 1995 and then assaulted at the nearby Karrakatta Cemetery.[/FONT]

If you filter just for his comments it's the only comment he has every made publicly and it's made hours before he is seized, clearly knew the cops were on to him, far too much of a coincidence.... which is not good, he may have destroyed trophies etc.

Reference to eagles nest is potentially another nice little message of his to someone.

If he was out on the streets at 4am the cops wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't keeping tabs on him. Knowing that he is the most wanted man in Australia.

Hi froglady ,[emoji196] Its confusing if you don't quote whom the reply is for . I agree with your comment though . Theres no evidence of a sure link to the clothes found yet . but we have just taken note of a possible link thats all .

Sorry. I pressed the wrong button :/

be370b2f85fdcf7369087d7015333fb4.jpg

Fears confirmed . Newspaper article snip repost

Here he is on eBay. Also, I'm not sure if it was posted here already, but "" is the first 3 letters of his, his wife and daughter's name. http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=&ftab=AllFeedback

very interesting Wayner - he is a stamp collector perhaps?

I disagree. I am a tech head around his generation and I have no online presence other than webslueths. No facebook, no twitter, nothing. People who know about computers realize how dangerous having an online presence is.

My thought was possibly he created the .com domain to be able to create his own email addresses. So searching for all those possibilities resulted in nothing. But he seems to have create that domain and hosted the Kewdale Little Athletics website before it had its own domain name.

It's still worth searching.

How do you filter for comments on fb search?
If you search BE on FB Desktop then on top left of your page should be something saying "Posted By" > Select "Choose a Source" >type his name in again and select him.

Someone else just replied to it completely oblivious to who the original poster was.

If you search BE on FB Desktop then on top left of your page should be something saying "Posted By" > Select "Choose a Source" >type his name in again and select him.

Someone else just replied to it completely oblivious to who the original poster was.

All that comes up for me is Yoda and clown... :(

Just a note on how BE may have come on to the radar.

Once a DNA link had been made between the CSK and the attack in 1988 using DNA recovered from the Kimono, all the police had to do at that point was to solve the 1988 break and enter and indecent assault. This would give them CSK. So the WAPOL threw all of the resources of Macro at the 1988 case. That amount of resources and modern investigative techniques combined with the evidence already gathered from the initial investigation might have been enough to solve the case quite quickly.

We do not know the details of that case, but it is possible that there was already some evidence suggesting that BE was involved. Talking hypothetically here, maybe a big party had taken place in a neighbouring street with a lot of people at it. Maybe police had identified 20 young men at that party. Maybe half had no alibi. Hitting a brick wall Police couldn't go any further than that list of 10 men since all denied involvement and had no priors. Remember that WAPOL had no access to DNA testing back then.

From this kind of hypothetical, it is not hard to see how things could have snowballed pretty quickly. It all depends on what Macro was able to do with existing evidence and investigations from the 1988 case. BE was from the Gosnells area, or at least schooled there. Gosnells and Huntingdale are neighbouring suburbs. It's completely possible he was already on the radar for the Huntingdale crime.
I think this is what happened;

1. SCS were going through all old cases, digging up the files, and testing whatever specimens they have for DNA. This may have been directly as part of the CSK investigation or maybe a broader initiative.
2. When they pulled the Huntingdale file they extracted a DNA sample. When they ran it through their system it matched CSK and KK. They then knew if they found Huntingdale Man, they find the CSK. All hands on deck.
3. They have a look into this cold case and discover there was a prime suspect. His name is BE. Maybe he was a hot suspect but they just couldn't prove it. Maybe they spoke to the original investigators and they said they felt it was him but didn't have enough evidence to charge him.

The interesting it here is - they made the link, they have a suspect, but they don't question him to feel him out and maybe ask for his DNA. They conduct an early morning raid with TRG and arrest him. Police don't usually do that unless they are quite sure.

Maybe they used familiar DNA - family member with a conviction, ancestry.com. Maybe they got his DNA without him knowing, tested it, determined he was the guy (off the books), and then went TRG on his arse.

Ambushing with one person wouldn't be easy though... These aren't little kids.

He'd have to be out of his car, get them in, then go around and drive off.

Unless he's knocked them out as part of the ambush?

I mentioned a few threads ago (for the life of me I cannot find the post) about a case in America where a serial killer was able to abduct 4 girls simply by pulling up beside them, flashing a knife and ordering them to get into his car, guess what, every single one of those girls got into his car, no scream, no attempt to run, just opened the door and got inside, 3 of those girls ended up dead.

You would be amazed in the face of fear how complicit some people can be, all he would have to do is walk up to them/beside them, tell them I have a knife you scream you die and boom off they go without a disturbance.

I personally think the abductions all would have went down in a similar fashion to his KK rape victim, I mean it worked for him and if it ain't broke don't fix it, why change a strategy that was effective.

• even though he joined ebay in 2006, his name is only current from early this year...but he has been able to hide his previous identities. I remember in the early days of ebay, you could easily access private information of everyone else..it used to be helpful when you were bidding against someone because you could research their buying and bidding habits..you could also see what other things they were bidding on so you could follow someone with similar interests and not need to search so much (yes ok i know its now called stalking) i think he must have an old deleted account for before 2006. He seems (from comments only) to be buying electronics stuff, unlike my ebay where you can see almost everything i buy, he has made every transaction private,
• on his website he has made much of it inaccessible...
• groups he is members of on facebook, he appears to have joined only recently...
so savy

aequitas Yeah that was sightly creepy but the seller does sell more than that so it could have been anything. Although the other purchases fit with his interests in tech and also that of a female. So forget the email address as being solely his, perhaps it was a family shared address. Rather than him using the abbreviated names to make up an email address for his own use.

just conjecture from years of fascination with true crime:
Serial Killers don't kill all their victims once they start killing.
It can depend on whether they prefer the victim to be compliant or fight. If they want someone compliant then a fighter may die. This is how jill Meagher died. He perceived her as aggressive. In the many other rapes he was convicted of, the victims tricked him into thinking they were or they were compliant. Most of them were in his car though so perhaps had time to work out or feel out a response that worked.

The buying of the ski mask/balaclava on ebay is pretty creepy. Any other cold weather stuff purchased at around the same time?
And that facebook post is insane. Must have been removed because I just did a search and couldn't find it.
Just thinking, if BE was really tech-savvy, it's highly possible he could have been using deepweb/TOR.
Reading some research articles about the role of fantasy etc in the development of serial murderers so might post some thoughts on that later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95