Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is BE. The description doesn't seem to match as at the time of this occurring (1989), he would have been 19-21.

Yes, good point. I had forgotten the victim said her attacker seemed older 'at least thirty' due to his hard whiskers, which would make him too old to have been BE.

I don't think this is BE. The description doesn't seem to match as at the time of this occurring (1989), he would have been 19-21.
Good sleuthing with the age description not lining up .
There's six more if your interested ;
1.The subway attack .
2.Golf course/davies rd taxi drivers attack .
3.Coles loading dock assault.
4.Church lane attack .

5.Princess rd taxi duo attack.
6.Swanbourne train station attacks .

And then there's the unsolved murdoch uwa assaults too

BBM.

Hi, mandy.maree. Can you link your source(s) for this? Thank you.
There was a news article clipping posted here a few days ago saying one of the Claremont victims was found with several items of clothing that didnt belong to her. Ill try and find it soon
Then theres the brother of LW who was asked if his brother ever wore womens clothes when they thought he was CSK..the kimono being found after a different attack and items being removed off Claremont victims (a brooch and jacket I recall being asked about )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good sleuthing with the age description not lining up .
There's six more if your interested ;
1.The subway attack .
2.Golf course/davies rd taxi drivers attack .
3.Coles loading dock assault.
4.Church lane attack .

5.Princess rd taxi duo attack.
6.Swanbourne train station attacks .

And then there's the unsolved murdoch uwa assaults too

What is the date range for the above attacks if you have them? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5f2468a4814665c29be6338dbda17f54.jpg

News article that mentions miscellaneous clothing at wellard

This was the article about the Claremont victim and random clothes

One of my mates is a lawyer here in Perth and apparently this guy's arrest has been in the pipeline for nearly 12 months (I totally trust this coming from the source, though obviously they couldn't give me anything beyond that). The kimono may have led them to the initial DNA hit but if you look at the timeline it's also about 12 months ago they found the Karrakatta/CG link. So just from my own extrapolating, kimono gets a hit somewhere more than a year ago and gives them a suspect, but the match to the Karrakatta case provided the link to the CSK, and they've spent a year making sure it's all flush.

I thought Bret Christian in the Post said the Karrakatta/CG link was made back in 2009

One of my mates is a lawyer here in Perth and apparently this guy's arrest has been in the pipeline for nearly 12 months (I totally trust this coming from the source, though obviously they couldn't give me anything beyond that). The kimono may have led them to the initial DNA hit but if you look at the timeline it's also about 12 months ago they found the Karrakatta/CG link. So just from my own extrapolating, kimono gets a hit somewhere more than a year ago and gives them a suspect, but the match to the Karrakatta case provided the link to the CSK, and they've spent a year making sure it's all flush.

Publicly acknowledged in 2015, police have known Karrakatta was a victim of the CSK since 2009,

A 12-man squad has been working almost full-time on the Claremont serial killer case since the forensic link was made, with the help of advances in forensic science, in 2009.

Fourth serial killer victim

https://www.scribd.com/book/285268021

What is the date range for the above attacks if you have them? Thanks

Its easy to research on this site . The Media thread has the timeline of attacks

This was the article about the Claremont victim and random clothes

Thanks. I wanted to make sure there was not new information that I had missed since the arrest. It will be interesting to learn if the clothing found in the area of Jane's body has any connection to the CSK.

After regularly following this forum for a couple of years now, this is my first post.
To the long term regular sleuth posters - Keep up the good work. No matter how strange you think your ideas are. Some very interesting, if not strange information about BE has been posted in the last few days, and I'm sure you guys are going to uncover more about his dark hidden side which has been captured on the everlasting internet.
The Gay st GPS coordinates??

I think CSK was responsible for the abandoned Lakeway Drive-In attack (even though it was not reported to police, I have no reason to doubt it occured).

There were so many quiet, dark, remote spaces out that way that he could have taken his victims to...Karrakatta Cemetary, Lakeway Drive-in, the Fremantle wharf area (massive car-parks around there)...beach sand dunes.

Make of this info what you will. Just my opinion, as always.

i worked at the lakeway (at the front gate box office) until it closed (shut down)...when and what was this attack? I have never heard of it.

I'm really curious about the other peoples clothes found with Claremont victims.
Were they off other victims of his also?? Sure seems to be headed that way.
Maybe he covered his face with them..or maybe he left them as smart *advertiser censored* clues about the others for police

I don't believe there's any real evidence of other clothes being found at the site of the victims. At most there would have been one early article mentioning maybe some unrelated clothes were found near JR.

The only way he didnt assault the Claremont victims is if he physically couldn't or was interrupted for some reason imo.
If Braddles is our man then we know he is capable. So we can rule that out. We also know he wasn't interupted - otherwise he would have been caught. The general consensus is the CSK was motivated primarily by sex and the killing was a means to an end - that being avoiding detection.

But what if CG fought back, he clocked her on the head causing death and necrophilia just not his thing. I don't believe that happened but that's one scenario and there are other scenarios that might cause him to skip sex with one of his victims.

The Gay st GPS coordinates??
I'm sure I read that he grew up in Gay St in Huntingdale (the family home). People who know him were apparently saying on Facebook that the Police should check that house out too when they were looking into the house at Madora Bay.

Here's a chronology of local sexual assaults

June 20 1988 - Julie Cutler - Julie left work from the Parmelia Hilton in the city at around midnight. Days later her car washed up on Cottesloe Beach.

1989 + 1990 - Kings Park Rapes - Unsolved violent rapes. UK national and Doubleview delivery driver Paul Clare is a suspect. Currently banged up in England for rape. In 1992 Clare was found guilty of burglary - he was found in a woman's home in a cupboard with a rape kit. In 1993 he was also convicted of a sex-related bomb hoax. His victim in England had left a nightclub. Allegedly ruled out and doesn't have a history of killing.

1989 - Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive-in - A teenage girl was asleep in a car in the car park opposite the hotel because she had too much to drink. Her attacker moved her from that car into his own car, drove her to Lakeway Drive-in and tried to rape her. She escaped and then he stalked her to try and re-abduct her.

1992 - Swanbourne Train Station - At some stage in 1992 two girls were raped on the way home from the Claremont nightlife district. It's unclear what date it was and whether the attack happened at the same time or on the same night

January 1 1994 - Stirling Rd Subway - in the early hours of New Years Day and man pulled a girl out of her car at a set of traffic lights and tried to rape her.

October 1994 - Princess Rd - A 31 year old woman broke her ankle jumping from a moving taxi after a guy appeared from the back seat and tried to restrain her.

February 1995 - Rowe Park/Karra - A 17 year old girl was blitz attacked as she walked past Rowe Park on the way home from Club Bay View. She was hooded, bounded, forced into a vehicle and taken to Karrakatta Cemetery where she was raped before being left.

(circa) March 1995 - Rowe Park - Weeks after the Karrakatta attack a man was witnessed masturbating in Rowe Park.

1995 - Lake Claremont Golf Course - Sometime in 1995 a young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to the other side of the railway line to the golf course. Forcibly stripped of her clothes, she managed to escape, banging on the door of a nearby house and screaming for the couple who lived there to let her in.

January 26 1996 - CSK SS - Sarah Spiers goes missing from cnr Stirling Hwy and Stirling Rd.

March 1996 - Church Lane - 21 year old girl had head bashed against wall, skirt ripped off and indecently assaulted.

June 9 1996 - CSK JR - Jane Rimmer is last seen outside The Continental Hotel just past midnight.

March 14 1997 - CSK CG - Ciara Glennon last seen walking West on Stirling Hwy near Christ Church.

I also briefly read something in a post a few pages back suggesting there was a spate of sex attacks around the east of the city when BE's first attack happened. I wonder how many attacks back then he was responsible for (around his area), how many of the above he did, and the ones above he didn't do, who did them? Was it mainly one guy or lots of one off attacks?

so back to the kimono - i went and got the paper out of the bin and used a magnifying glass to read the newspaper cutting in this picture
attachment.php

the text says :
"the west australian, perth wednesday feruary 17 1988
kimono clue to a brutal killing
by cyril ayris
this kimono may be the clue that helps
solve the brutal killing of victoria heather
clark, 30, in victoria park last september.
It was dropped by a man that walked
into a huntingdale house early on monday
morning and lay on top of a sleeping
18-year-old girl...
The kimono is the first good clue the police
have been given in *recent sex attacks* in the area.
Det-sgt max kiernan said the man
apparently walked into the house..."
rsbm

bbm**

This is the thing: between finishing school in 85 and 2000, we don't know where he was exactly living, what he was doing or who his friends were...its a big black hole.

Here's a chronology of local sexual assaults

June 20 1988 - Julie Cutler - Julie left work from the Parmelia Hilton in the city at around midnight. Days later her car washed up on Cottesloe Beach.

1989 + 1990 - Kings Park Rapes - Unsolved violent rapes. UK national and Doubleview delivery driver Paul Clare is a suspect. Currently banged up in England for rape. In 1992 Clare was found guilty of burglary - he was found in a woman's home in a cupboard with a rape kit. In 1993 he was also convicted of a sex-related bomb hoax. His victim in England had left a nightclub. Allegedly ruled out and doesn't have a history of killing.

1989 - Cottesloe Hotel/Lakeway Drive-in - A teenage girl was asleep in a car in the car park opposite the hotel because she had too much to drink. Her attacker moved her from that car into his own car, drove her to Lakeway Drive-in and tried to rape her. She escaped and then he stalked her to try and re-abduct her.

1992 - Swanbourne Train Station - At some stage in 1992 two girls were raped on the way home from the Claremont nightlife district. It's unclear what date it was and whether the attack happened at the same time or on the same night

January 1 1994 - Stirling Rd Subway - in the early hours of New Years Day and man pulled a girl out of her car at a set of traffic lights and tried to rape her.

October 1994 - Princess Rd - A 31 year old woman broke her ankle jumping from a moving taxi after a guy appeared from the back seat and tried to restrain her.

February 1995 - Rowe Park/Karra - A 17 year old girl was blitz attacked as she walked past Rowe Park on the way home from Club Bay View. She was hooded, bounded, forced into a vehicle and taken to Karrakatta Cemetery where she was raped before being left.

(circa) March 1995 - Rowe Park - Weeks after the Karrakatta attack a man was witnessed masturbating in Rowe Park.

1995 - Lake Claremont Golf Course - Sometime in 1995 a young woman got into a taxi in Claremont and the driver drove her to the other side of the railway line to the golf course. Forcibly stripped of her clothes, she managed to escape, banging on the door of a nearby house and screaming for the couple who lived there to let her in.

January 26 1996 - CSK SS - Sarah Spiers goes missing from cnr Stirling Hwy and Stirling Rd.

March 1996 - Church Lane - 21 year old girl had head bashed against wall, skirt ripped off and indecently assaulted.

June 9 1996 - CSK JR - Jane Rimmer is last seen outside The Continental Hotel just past midnight.

March 14 1997 - CSK CG - Ciara Glennon last seen walking West on Stirling Hwy near Christ Church.

I also briefly read something in a post a few pages back suggesting there was a spate of sex attacks around the east of the city when BE's first attack happened. I wonder how many attacks back then he was responsible for (around his area), how many of the above he did, and the ones above he didn't do, who did them? Was it mainly one guy or lots of one off attacks?

The first known attack where the stolen kimono was dropped was on 15 February 1988 in Huntingdale.... 4 months before Julie Cutler's disappearance. Thanks for the detailed chronology.

Is the Aboriginal Legal Service funding his legal costs with a QC (SC) appointed so quickly? One more on the taxpayer? Few defendants can afford a QC.

If so, will the police and media AGAIN fail to make a link between black-on-white offences and race crimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214