Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like someone took belmont little athletics offline

I was thinking same. He'd be a moron to do it from his own business premises...a brother or fathers business premises however...
Probably wasnt even supposed to be there if it happened that way

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A moronic action yes but keep in mind Dennis Radar the BTK "played" with one of his deceased victims inside the church he was president of, posing her for photos and getting his jollies so this kind of circumstance is def not unheard of.

A moronic action yes but keep in mind Dennis Radar the BTK "played" with one of his deceased victims inside the church he was president of, posing her for photos and getting his jollies so this kind of circumstance is def not unheard of.

True. HUGE power trip

You are reading the wrong article then.

There was a recent article that had a photo which someone enlarged, in the photo was another news article from 1988 claiming the kimono was stolen from the clarke murder and left at the huntingdale attack.

There is no confirmation as to if this is true or reporter error but it was in fact reported.
Can you find a copy of the article? The only one that I've read (and the one the original poster quoted from The West Australian) did not say the kimono was stolen from the Clarke murder. It simply said the kimono was stolen and police were investigating that the kimono might provide a connection between Clarke and the Huntingdale assault. It may have been stolen from the Huntingdale victim, or someone else. The article did not elaborate.

Is this the kimono article you are after?
A WOMAN'S silk dressing gown stolen off a washing line 28 years ago is believed to have been the vital clue that helped lead police to finally make an arrest in the Claremont serial killer case.

It can be revealed that in 1988 — eight years before Sarah Spiers was abducted off a Claremont street — the white kimono was dropped by an intruder who broke into the home of an 18-year-old Huntingdale woman and tried to rape her.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/d5498c5d0593771d7f526f90646d52f0

I read an article that was a little ambiguous about the silk kimono. I am trying to find it now but it alluded to the kimono belonging to a murdered woman.

Can you find a copy of the article? The only one that I've read (and the one the original poster quoted from The West Australian) did not say the kimono was stolen from the Clarke murder. It simply said the kimono was stolen and police were investigating that the kimono might provide a connection between Clarke and the Huntingdale assault. It may have been stolen from the Huntingdale victim, or someone else. The article did not elaborate.

This was all posted by someone else on here but I do remember reading the enlarged article from 1988 which made up the photo of a current article. I am about to go have dinner so if you can't wait then search the posts from mid way through this thread, if you have patience I will try and track it down when I return in a few hours.

Ok. I've been a Little Athletics parent in recent years.
Here's how it worked a few years ago in NSW. Not sure if this is the same nationwide, or still works like this in NSW.

Every club official, parent(s) or carer who registers a child to compete has to go through a Working with Children (WWC) Check on an Annual basis a few weeks before training/competitions begin each September.

Annually each parent(s) completes a form provided by the club and hands it to the club, who submit them on mass through the WWC system.

The parents are usually the ones who help supervise, train, timekeep, distance keep, hand out placings, set up, pack up, run the canteen, collate results, and do other duties every week at Little Athletics, and for special events. If you are a parent or carer, member of the public or other helper and have not completed the WWC form on an annual basis you are not allowed anywhere near the competition area.

If the WA system is like the NSW one was, then if Brad Edwards was already being investigated by WA police in the last 12 months, the question is, would he have passed the WWC review, and if he did not, what does that say about the WWC check. An even bigger question, is whether if he failed the WWC check, surely this would have alerted him that he was under investigation, (he may have already known that he was being investigated (again) in the last year).

Is there any evidence that BRE was actually involved in the Little Athletics 2016 Season that officially began early 2016 (in NSW)? BLAC website is is now showing "Account Suspended"."Account

I'm looking to pay for a search on the family trust related to the computer store previously mentioned to see who the beneficiaries are. It is a very comprehensive registration process and got me thinking about if it's legal to do that kind of search as an individual for this reason. It's not like they're trying to borrow money from me. Any thoughts...?

With it having been verified that he first started at Telstra (1986) straight after finishing high school (I've had this told to me outside of this forum), one needs to keep an open mind about the range of other jobs he night have had whilst working for Telstra. Likewise, we can't assume that he worked 20 straight years at Telstra, unless someone verifies this. Neither can we assume that he did not take extended breaks from Telstra or do other work during any annual or long service leave periods from Telstra.

One of the first questions I would be asking (if I was on the case), is, was he ever involved as a bouncer or something related to security, or with his Telstra knowledge, did he ever do work for Private detectives or some other security or law and order related organisations, inside or outside of his Telstra employment.

Maybe you can settle the debate Mordekai, was he sub-average intelligence as some on here are convinced? OR Slighty above average intelligence as most known caught serial killers are, or was he very intelligent?

Sorry for delay.
He certainly didn't come across as someone with a low IQ. He speaks well and he worked in a job that required technical and programming skills. He solved problems for the entire university's telecommunications system and he defiantly wasn't a slow or dim-witted person. He talked mostly about AFL and about aspects of the job as far as I recall. I didn't know he was into gaming or drones for example, and they're things I like too so I would have certainly talked about these things with him, but he kept his interests to himself. If theres one word I would use to describe him it would be
"private". I would think it took a lot of intelligence or at least cunning to stay under the radar for so long. That suggests a reasonable intelligence to me.

This was all posted by someone else on here but I do remember reading the enlarged article from 1988 which made up the photo of a current article. I am about to go have dinner so if you can't wait then search the posts from mid way through this thread, if you have patience I will try and track it down when I return in a few hours.

This?
So back to the kimono - I went and got the paper out of the bin and used a magnifying glass to read the newspaper cutting in this picture
attachment.php

The text says :
"The West Australian, Perth Wednesday Feruary 17 1988
Kimono clue to a brutal killing
by Cyril Ayris
This kimono may be the clue that helps
solve the brutal killing of Victoria Heather
Clark, 30, in Victoria Park last September.
It was dropped by a man that walked
into a Huntingdale house early on Monday
morning and lay on top of a sleeping
18-year-old girl...
The kimono is the first good clue the police
have been given in recent sex attacks in the area.
Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man
apparently walked into the house..."

I still don't see what the link is??

I'm looking to pay for a search on the family trust related to the computer store previously mentioned to see who the beneficiaries are. It is a very comprehensive registration process and got me thinking about if it's legal to do that kind of search as an individual for this reason. It's not like they're trying to borrow money from me. Any thoughts...?
Do they have some kind of privacy policy or terms and conditions? I think it would be unethical if you gave information that wasn't attached to BE. Otherwise why do they have that information available to the general public? If not to be viewed..

Wow - the exemptions in WA for WWC are a little alarming. /QUOTE]

BRE and his wife/partner would have needed to go thru annual(?) WA WWC checks as soon as their child(ren) stopped participating in Little Athletics.

It's a public service so would have thought it wouldn't be breaching any rules

I wouldn't feel too sorry for many of these people from what I have been told. I won't post on here but yeah, there are strong reasons why they police followed them.

I don't think LW deserved the scrutiny or the stress. His life was literally ruined by this investigation and I hope he receives a very large compensation payout.
I won't comment on Rainey because I don't know all the details. I hope they find whoever is responsible.

I read that and I'm sure the connection was only that the kimono dropped at the scene was possibly linked to other attacks in the area including the lady that was murdered. I haven't seen anything that said it was stolen from the lady who was murdered. The assumption at the time was that the perpetrator of the huntingdale attack may have been the same person. It turns out it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member