Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gay St was all small acreage back then, lots of bushland too. The street was broken up into multiple sections.

I'm not a Chemist or a printing expert but I believe that Electronic Printer ink could be in some instances the same as Screen Printer Inks. Depending on the Printer Equipment and the surface being printed? Correct?

Would be like saying water is the same as honey

Viscosity is very different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all- post time poster so hopefully I don't stuff it up. Of course, admin please delete if I have overstepped the mark. "In a previous thread (I can't find it, sorry) someone mentioned that they had found BRE's parents on the electoral roll. Historical crime reasearch is a big interest of mine so I thought I'd see if there was anything interesting about his family on ancestry.com. If people are still living they are hard to research, but there are electoral rolls up until 1980. At the G** St, Huntingdale addresss previously mentioned, lived another BRE in 1980, same intitials but different first and middle names. B**** R****** Edwards (male) and E******** K**** Edwards (female). His occupation is listed as technician. The same people are on the 1972 Roll living in a caravan park at Margaret River. Occupation: technician. I'll make it clear before someone points it out that this BRE is obviously not the suspect, who would have been 12 in 1980. Please feel free to ignore, I'm more comfortable as a reader than a poster.
" Aged 12 1980 = 20 /1988. Yes - same fellow! Now - when did the family move out of Huntingdale to Madora? Did his father have same name? Does "our" BRE have siblings noted?

Yeah was me. Problem with that theory is you don't normally give yourself a nickname and have it stick. So either it's not what it means, or someone else understands the reason he has it.

Or he frequented bay view terrace a lot back in his day and got the nickname that way?

I really doubt he put that much thought into it to go putting bodies near certain lillies

Imo BE was quite intelligent but unmotivated to do a lot with that. Probably felt his life had been unfair (unjustly)and everything should just be handed to him,was probably bullied a bit in high school .No doubt enjoyed his position of power in the Little Athletics. He probably took it as a personal insult if people didnt reply to him quickly as he no doubt sees himself as highly impportant and quite superior to most us mere mortals.
He'd only be social when need be. I doubt many got an invite to his home off him.
His garage was probably full of projects he started but never finished.
I dont think he would have been particularly careful with his abductions or thought a lot about the burial places-he just got very lucky...and police got sidetracked with the wrong people.
BE may have even been leaving hints online ,either to gloat or actually provide clues.
I believe he genuinely cared about his wife and stepdaughter. .he may not have done anything at all since meeting them. They are no doubt in shock and disbelief and probably will refuse to believe it

He will probably deny everything

This is just mo
Basing all this off what I've seen about recently and the fact all his descriptions basically fit my ex-right down to never seeing a dentist to get his front tooth fixed (if that actually even is a gap in BE front teeth)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The more we learn about this guy, the more I think this most accurately describes his character.

However, I don't think he would be much above average intelligence. He got away for so long mainly by what can only be surmised as luck, though luck to him is probably him thinking he is more clever than anyone else. There is no evidence we have seen that indicates he is highly intelligent, or highly skilled at anything. He is more low Joe Average and should not be given any smarts credit for the method of his crimes or the time taken to get him.

Poor leadership within WAPOL and MACRO let him get away for so long. Smart detective work caught up with him.

Cable ties?

Cable ties or Zip ties. They go by both names
01704ad7f87a3edb32d0093d6bd3c365.jpg

"All of this talk about the dump sites being in the location of Telstra Exchanges. " Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The Freo exchange is near a lot of pretty isolated and (in those days) dark and quiet hide-aways that are approximately near SS's stated destination. IF CSK acted more opportunistically he may indeed have taken SS close to her stated destination. More pedestrian traffic during day-times so would have had to dispose of her in a more hidden way.
Another theory!
Sorry - haven't worked out this replying/formatting thing yet!

" Aged 12 1980 = 20 /1988. Yes - same fellow! Now - when did the family move out of Huntingdale to Madora? Did his father have same name? Does "our" BRE have siblings noted?

Did they move out or was it a holiday (2nd) home? Would of been dirt cheap back then

"
Pippidinny road has changed a lot since the late 90s. Does anyone know if the spot where the CSK lay CG's body is west or east of Marmion avenue? I hope the cross that her family erected at the spot still remains despite all the development "

East.

somebody has given him up
wife ........ evenmoney
daughter ........ 3\1
bro ......... 5\1
cobber ........ 10\1

somebody has given him up
wife ........ evenmoney
daughter ........ 3\1
bro ......... 5\1
cobber ........ 10\1

I'm all in on the wife.
Something made them split up.
Lots of things come out if you hit the grog too hard.

Only thing that puzzles me if it was the wife is that the step daughter still lived there

"
CG was found by a guy bushwalking. Not Telstra workers. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-4/page35 Telstra workers are mentioned in Debi Marshall's book The Devil's Garden. Chapter 23. It says Telstra workers in the area had smelt the decomposing body days before but reasoned it was a dead kangaroo. Need more info on where/what the Telstra workers were doing when they smelt something and how it got reported.[/QUOTE

FYI - and I hope this info is never useful to you - dead people smell quite different to dead kangaroos!!

I went to one of the private all girls schools on Stirling Hwy....two suburbs down from claremont.
I graduated in 2002 and reading all of these threads is reminding me how much it scared all of our parents when we were of the age that we started going to The Claremont and Club Bay Spew (as we called it).
I'd often stay the night at my friend's place in Mosman Park and her Mum would always tell us that she did not care what time we finished being out...she would come and pick us up. No one wanted their daughters to resort to taxis. And we were under no circumstances allowed to find our way home on our own.
Even my Dad drove from South Perth quite a few times to pick me up from the claremont area at all hours.

I live in Melbourne now and I've become very comfortable with jumping into cabs or ubers in whatever state of mind.
I think that not living in that fear is actually a good thing however I can see it's easy to become complacent after a while. And I know for a fact when I was in my early 20's I got a lift home from someone I didn't know once from Northbridge.
Some girl moonlighting as a "alternative to cabs". Pay her $20 and she'll drop you home. So I did. What an idiot.

I can so relate to this, even though from different era and area,

I was about the same age as Sarah when she went missing, but I was a Northbridge girl - think Geisha and DC's.

We always went out together, and left together. But my dad always told me (pre CSK) that no matter what time it was I was to call him for a lift home if I was in trouble. And when in my earlier misspent youth, at a Fremantle establishment that shall remain unnamed, that he didn't mind what time I got home, as long as I gave him a time, so that he knew if I wasn't home by then, then he should worry.

However, when this happened in Claremont, it was on all our radars... I think because I didn't frequent the area I felt safer, but there was NO WAY IN HELL I would have left a club in my own at that time because of the CSK.

He definitely changed the landscape of Perth clubbers.

But like you, I remember moving to London in 99 for a year, and would often get the train home late at night on my own, and remember thinking how safe I felt, compared to in Perth I wouldn't have done it because of the CSK and it was busier in London and everyone was doing it.

I live in Melbourne too now - even though it feels safer here, I have always had my sixth sense about me, because of what my dad taught me, but because I also always would think of the CSK.

"Random thought re the Pipidinny Rd site - the suspect would have had to drive the length of the road to the beach, make sure nobody was there (and hence was no chance to disturb him on their way back) and then drive back to the dump site so that he need only monitor the road looking East. Hence the elevated location". ________________________________________________________

From the best I can remember where CG was found was at least 30 metres in from the road - up a track to a point where a car could be easily hidden and not seen from the road - and then another 30 metres or so north was an almost non-existent track leading down to a sudden, steep, well hidden hollow the contents of which could not really be seen from a distance of further than a few metres! The site where JR was found was also hidden - but not nearly as far from the Road (gravel track) as the CG site. It hasn't occurred to me earlier but this could be important info that has quite a few implications! That I'm uncomfortable discussing right at this moment - and may need to cogitate with a while.

I'm all in on the wife.
Something made them split up.
Lots of things come out if you hit the grog too hard.

Only thing that puzzles me if it was the wife is that the step daughter still lived there

Could that be Stockholme syndrome

In light of these recent developments and the posts on here. Some questions I am struggling to answer:

1. KLAC request for BE to provide a police clearance in 2011 (I think) according to previous post from thread 8 (may have now been removed) - Did he move out of a role with KLAC after failing to fulfil this request and if so could this mean he had prior convictions?

2. A C R registered under the E F T indicates a possible family link to Claremont, however, if this was the case in 1995, why not the building in the KK abduction? Also, CG and SS were both last seen at locations West of ACR closer to Stirling St and were looking to go further west to Mosman Park, CG walking that way. Was this then a plausible ‘blitz attack point and how’? I can get that maybe BE goes there after picking them up but wouldn’t he need to restrain them after they realise he’s not going where they want him to?

3. How does the Madora Bay property fit into BE’s living arrangements during the time of the attacks?

4. I know this has been brought up on previous threads, but I would like to know if WAPOL are looking into KT murder from 1991. Considering the Huntingdale attack, his age at the time, the period in comparison to other attacks, the type of pickup/body disposal and the seemingly central location of his possible home address (Hntgdl) between the last sighting of her and where the body was found (Canning Dam), doesn’t this seriously bring the KT attack from 1991 into focus? http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...d/news-story/5fc90319ac3f97ce0eeb3127df726998

5. BE - Ever known to own a firearm? I’m thinking Ivan Milat style “shut up and you won’t get hurt” style means of stopping them soon after they accept a lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue