Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

I had to drive by Railway Rd & KK on the way to an appointment today - and the more I think about it, the more all this makes sense re the CSK meeting JR at some stage near where she worked in Carrington Street Nedlands.

In the Conti Hotel CTV, it was obvious she was waiting for someone, seen checking her watch just after midnight. Then MM appeared and she looked very pleased to see him - disappeared shortly afterwards.

According to a newspaper report, some Uni students said they saw JR the night she went missing "staggering" along Stirling Highway close to Loch Street, Claremont. (see attached article).

If it was JR, the word "staggering" doesn't add up (after looking up the true definition of "staggering" - she actually looked sober and alert in the video footage).

Perhaps she had met MM just after midnight, had been taken to the abandoned building in Government Rd, attacked and/or drugged or attacked - and had escaped, walking or "staggering" down Loch Street in a state of shock. He may have followed her as did happen with the girl who was taken to the Lakeway, assaulted, escaped and was followed and abducted again.
attachment.php

Article and Google Earth map attached... Stock Bros Monumental Centre, JR's place of employment and KK Cemetary all in close proximity on the map...

Prior to the arrest of the alleged CSK on 22nd December 2016, when everyone on here was very despondent (including myself who was just reading) thinking "it's been nearly 21 years, the CSK will never be caught"; in early December last year on my way home from dinner with friends one Saturday night, I decided to take a slight detour and drive around the perimeter of KK (Smyth Rd/Monash Ave where the KK victim would have run to Hollywood Hospital and Government Rd) to see what it was like at night (because if I remember correctly there'd been talk about KK on the thread at that time). It wasn't very late only about 10.30pm but it was very dark and very desolate. A back entrance to the cemetery on Smythe Rd near the corner of Monash Ave appeared to be open but it was Government Rd that really spooked me - there was the huge council depot and several businesses all backing onto KK cemetery and a large side entrance to the cemetery on Government Rd (which I'd never realised existed) with the gate wide open and not a living soul in sight. I remember thinking to myself "those posters were right the CSK could have done anything here and no one would ever know". I specifically remember thinking that the council depot or the cemetery would be the perfect site because there are no houses around just empty businesses at night on the other side of the road. I was very surprised that all the entrances were open but as a woman on my own there's no way I would've driven inside the cemetery itself, especially at night, so I took off home. There was no sign of any security patrols at the cemetery or the businesses but I was only there for a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to the arrest of the alleged CSK on 22nd December 2016, when everyone on here was very despondent (including myself who was just reading) thinking "it's been nearly 21 years, the CSK will never be caught"; in early December last year on my way home from dinner with friends one Saturday night, I decided to take a slight detour and drive around the perimeter of KK (Smyth Rd/Monash Ave where the KK victim would have run to Hollywood Hospital and Government Rd) to see what it was like at night (because if I remember correctly there'd been talk about KK on the thread at that time). It wasn't very late only about 10.30pm but it was very dark and very desolate. A back entrance to the cemetery on Smythe Rd near the corner of Monash Ave appeared to be open but it was Government Rd that really spooked me - there was the huge council depot and several businesses all backing onto KK cemetery and a large side entrance to the cemetery on Government Rd (which I'd never realised existed) with the gate wide open and not a living soul in sight. I remember thinking to myself "those posters were right the CSK could have done anything here and no one would ever know". I specifically remember thinking that the council depot or the cemetery would be the perfect site because there are no houses around just empty businesses at night on the other side of the road. I was very surprised that all the entrances were open but as a woman on my own there's no way I would've driven inside the cemetery itself, especially at night, so I took off home. There was no sign of any security patrols at the cemetery or the businesses but I was only there for a few minutes.

Definitely a scary place to be at night....recently went for a drive too around there one night and saw many gates that appeared open leading into there.

I believe that this location was SIGNIFICANT to BRE on more than one occasion.....

With so many current and ex-Perthites being connected to KK Cemetery via way of relatives or friends buried there or going to be buried there at some point in the future,
I daresay that any significant legal, media (social or mainstream) public discussion, speculation or accusations or possibility that the CSK and possibly other murders, might have taken place in KK Cemetery, is going to add a macabre and quite disturbing dimension to the history of Perth & KK.

Does KK now have security cameras throughout?
If so, when were they introduced?
Did Nedlands Council ever turn down proposals to put up more security in KK?
Was/is security surveillance in KK or other cemetery's, deemed to be a privacy issue both in Perth, Australia and possibly worldwide?
What if the accused BRE was someway involved in installing security surveillance cameras in or around KK entrances at some point?

Hello everyone, Frankie1972 is now a verified insider in this case.

Please treat Frankie1972 with respect.

Frankie1972 does not need to provide links to his posts and it's up to you whether to believe what Frankie1972 posts or not.

Thank you.

Coldpizza
WS Administrator

With so many current and ex-Perthites being connected to KK Cemetery via way of relatives or friends buried there or going to be buried there at some point in the future,
I daresay that any significant legal, media (social or mainstream) public discussion, speculation or accusations or possibility that the CSK and possibly other murders, might have taken place in KK Cemetery, is going to add a macabre and quite disturbing dimension to the history of Perth & KK.

Was/is security surveillance in KK or other cemetery's, deemed to be a privacy issue both in Perth, Australia and possibly worldwide?
What if the accused BRE was someway involved in installing security surveillance cameras in or around KK entrances at some point?

Good questions
Sorry I have no firm answers - maybe cameras at main entrance near buildings???

Maybe someone can take a drive through the cemetery and take a look at current situation???

The other point to make on security cameras would be the hidden ones installed by WA police around Claremont before CG disappeared. They would probably require a Telstra worker to set up if monitored. So who had access to the location of cameras? Even if he didn't install them he could go for drinks with someone who did and have them point them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a question for admin, does becoming a verified insider mean no more than making a claim then providing ID to confirm ones identity? Or have you had confirmation from police that Frankie was in fact one of the men that witnessed CG that night? I ask because if it is the former then being a verified insider doesn't hold too much ground in my opinion & other than police confirming him I can't see how he would be able to prove to WS that he was there on the night other than just taking his word for it.

No offense to you Frankie I've always been a little skeptical as to your claims, and it's not just you, I question everything.

"Verified" means a member has provided proof of identity to admin, and answered some questions. A VI can post "facts" without including links as back up.

WS makes no claim to the veracity of information provided by a verified insider. As in all things, members should exercise their own good judgment.

However, insults and harsh doubts are rude, and are not allowed.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

So........with all the advances in DNA testing

-------------------------

Have WAPOL prioritised testing of DNA collected from victims and crime scenes that also occurred in Claremont, Cottesloe, other surrounding suburbs, and Stirling Highway area????

I'll have to find the list....but these unsolved crimes have been raised many times here in WS.

Have WAPOL prioritised testing of DNA collected from victims and crime scenes that also occurred in Claremont, Cottesloe, other surrounding suburbs, and Stirling Highway area????

I'll have to find the list....but these unsolved crimes have been raised many times here in WS.
http://missingandmurderedaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/claremont-timeline.html?m=1

That's a fairly good one. I dont agree with it all but a few interesting ones are on there

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I believe they would have many cold case items they would want to retest using LCN (low copy number) DNA. This is where incomplete DNA evidence is multiplied in the lab to give a more complete DNA profile, it is still relatively new though.
The leaders in LCN DNA are in the U.K., I don't even know if our labs are doing it yet. Which would bring into question costs involved with flying and testing samples in the U.K.. I imagine they would be testing but may have to be cautious about costs, considering each case would have many items needing testing.
On the plus side they can take old degraded DNA and work miracles now, which has led to many arrests recently in cold cases.

Are you from Perth or Australia (just curious)?

Sadly I've been to way too many funerals at Karrakatta (for those not from Perth this is the main, largest cemetery in Perth, Freo is possibly older and the one in Joondalup may be bigger IDK but this is the main one) as recently as September/October 2016 and while I wasn't overtly looking for them I've never noticed any security cameras - I'm not saying they're not there just that I haven't seen them.

This place has always been an aweful place for me because of all the sad memories I have there.

Interesting article on DNA testing and historical case

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/n...s-molested-ten-years-ago-20170215-gudfsk.html

I believe they would have many cold case items they would want to retest using LCN (low copy number) DNA. This is where incomplete DNA evidence is multiplied in the lab to give a more complete DNA profile, it is still relatively new though.
The leaders in LCN DNA are in the U.K., I don't even know if our labs are doing it yet. Which would bring into question costs involved with flying and testing samples in the U.K.. I imagine they would be testing but may have to be cautious about costs, considering each case would have many items needing testing.
On the plus side they can take old degraded DNA and work miracles now, which has led to many arrests recently in cold cases.

Interesting article on DNA testing and historical case

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/n...s-molested-ten-years-ago-20170215-gudfsk.html

4 years and 6 months for raping a little 6 year old girl in the toilets, not nearly enough! OK so he's been in custody over 2 years, but still not long enough sentence to reflect the revolting crime against an innocent! Thanks for sharing that DNA is catching up with all these disgusting "individuals".:sick: Think they'll have to build some more prisons as there will likely be a lot more arrests from all these cold case reviews! Good!

Security Cameras are installed at KK but are installed by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board based on their liaison with WAPOL and Police Licensed Security Agents.

The installation of cameras at KK is independent of the Nedlands Council as MCB are responsible for the management of the cemetery.

The cameras come directly from MCB's budget.

Provided signage is erected and Cemeteries comply with the Surveillance Devices Act or similar legislation, there is usually no issue with the installation of cameras.

Camera are installed to deter vandalism, but in most cases are used to deter theft from vehicles that are parked whilst people attend funerals.

The installation of cameras at KK are carried out by Police Licensed Security installers from reputable security companies.

It would not be in the public interest to discuss location and amount of any cameras on a public board.

Telstra is not involved in installing the cameras.

MCB is also involved in security programmes, such as Eyes on the Street.

wiring_loom.jpg
Wiring loom for a telephony pillar

And lookee here...1st pic near corner Stirling Rd. and Stirling Hwy

2nd pic Telstra pillar

3rd pic using a "butt" to listen or talk on any connecting line

hmmmm

Attachments

• Pillar.jpg
    Pillar.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 82
  • pillar2.jpg
    pillar2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Pillar 3.jpg
    Pillar 3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 81
A "butt" is also called a linesmans handset...check wikipedia

wiring_loom.jpg
Wiring loom for a telephony pillar

And lookee here...1st pic near corner Stirling Rd. and Stirling Hwy

2nd pic Telstra pillar

3rd pic using a "butt" to listen or talk on any connecting line

hmmmm

Where are these pics from?
Did u take them?
Or do you have MSM source?
And what are you saying here?

Security Cameras are installed at KK but are installed by the Metropolitan Cemeteries Board based on their liaison with WAPOL and Police Licensed Security Agents.

The installation of cameras at KK is independent of the Nedlands Council as MCB are responsible for the management of the cemetery.

The cameras come directly from MCB's budget.

Provided signage is erected and Cemeteries comply with the Surveillance Devices Act or similar legislation, there is usually no issue with the installation of cameras.

Camera are installed to deter vandalism, but in most cases are used to deter theft from vehicles that are parked whilst people attend funerals.

The installation of cameras at KK are carried out by Police Licensed Security installers from reputable security companies.

It would not be in the public interest to discuss location and amount of any cameras on a public board.

Telstra is not involved in installing the cameras.

MCB is also involved in security programmes, such as Eyes on the Street.

Your post is very informative and thank u .
Do you have MSM source to include and back up this info please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017