Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the issues is, there is a difference between a mental illness and a personality disorder. If BRE is psychopathic (or antisocial personality disorder which is the closest diagnosis in the DSM).....that is a personality disorder. That is a pervasive personality type that cannot be assisted with medication. Meds would be helpful if he was bipolar or schizophrenic.....but I've seen no evidence to suggest that he is either of these things. He's obviously able to function well in the world and hold positions of responsibility. I suspect he's psychopathic, myself. Thus the ability to neatly compartmentalise his life and commit atrocities then return home to the family and act as if everything's fine.

Obviously, all would not have been well with him when he was younger and I'm sure there would have been opportunities for him to be assisted. It's a pity he wasn't picked up for those early sex offences and some therapeutic intervention applied then.

But absolutely Lamp, he would have had stuff going on in his early teens - and earlier. If he is the CSK, we could expect him to have a history that may include ongoing enuresis (prolonged bed wetting), hurting animals and fire lighting (as all the serial killer buffs on here would already know).

And like Spooks said, this guy knew right from wrong. These were methodical, planned attacks according to LE. He tried to conceal the bodies, indicating that he knew what he'd done was a crime. These weren't spur-of-the-moment disordered attacks. I think he's one cool cucumber with a personality disorder myself. (but it's all speculation, obviously, since I haven't assessed him).

Thanks MsAnais for that information. I do follow what you are saying. It's so hard for the general public to understand the differences between "personality disorder" and full blown insanity. I mean when we read the charges (and there could be more to come), we average "joe blows" sit here and say, well I do anyway, that's ALL "nuts", how could any "sane" person do stuff like that? He has to have been "nuts" to have done any of it! But I hear echoes of others I have met in this "assessment" , especially the holding down a normal job, going home to the wife and kiddies after a "nice" bit of raping and feeling absolutely NO remorse! Thanks again for taking the time to write your observations, and I agree, it is only speculation about BRE, who is innocent until proven guilty.

Are people taking Frankie seriously because he had a dream.
Lol
No. Its because he was one of the last people to have seen CG the night she disappeared and because he is friends with the accused's brother

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Here's something to make you go... Say what?
PW (ex mayor of Claremont) has been paid over $1,000,000 to do nothing since he's been wrongly accused of being the CSK.

that sucks. i can only imagine this was a civil claim
_______________ _______________

here's something ELSE to make you go... Say what?

should a survivor of crime take action resulting in "a" conviction, the actual victims of crime slush fund affords UP TO 50k to one rendered quadriplegic
and
UP TO 12k for a survivor developing ptsd following "a" conviction on rape/sexual assault (whether raped once or 500 times)

payouts being determined by the injury, not the crime
[emoji887]

should a survivor of crime take action resulting in "a" conviction, the actual victims of crime slush fund affords UP TO 50k to one rendered quadriplegic
and
UP TO 12k for a survivor developing ptsd following "a" conviction on rape/sexual assault (whether raped once or 500 times)

[emoji887]

The world has gone mad that's all I can say to all that BreVeTTe! And I don't think it was a claim as such for PW, I think because he hadn't been cleared officially by WAPOL that he had been stood down on full pay until such times as he has been so cleared. Which I can only assume (and yes this can make an *advertiser censored* out of You and Me as you say "Spooky" one) this has/will now happen and he can return to work (well by work I mean, well, actual work!) :thinking:

Think Eamon might be home watching the soapies, or something else.... (shudder)

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/201...pite-arrest-for-molesting-four-8-yr-old-boys/
Blow me down with a feather if this sort of thing happened at my dad's old school
"He was sent to the Fairbridge Society farm school at Pinjarra in WA where years of sexual abuse ensued at the hands of older boys." http://www.watoday.com.au/world/bri...school-rape-inquiry-told-20170228-gunmit.html
So it makes one wonder if younger lads at a Christian Brothers school like Trinity College suffered any abuse at the hands of older lads who went to Trinity too?

Saw this article, and no, not trying to turn this into a Psychologists Convention, but thought it was timely given our discussions about mental health. It certainly is becoming a prominent issue in all walks of life, sport now being a major one as well.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...ust-for-the-mentally-ill-20170228-gun3f2.html

I really do hope and pray that ALL involved in this CSK case are getting help coping mentally with all this horror. For some reason I really am sending this out to TE as I get the feeling, as a healer himself, he is struggling with all that has happened to his brother and his family? I know Don Spiers has/is struggling with severe depression about Sarah,(that man's face haunts me, the utter despair). Oh Lord please let her be found.

Blow me down with a feather if this sort of thing happened at my dad's old school
"He was sent to the Fairbridge Society farm school at Pinjarra in WA where years of sexual abuse ensued at the hands of older boys." http://www.watoday.com.au/world/bri...school-rape-inquiry-told-20170228-gunmit.html
So it makes one wonder if younger lads at a Christian Brothers school like Trinity College suffered any abuse at the hands of older lads who went to Trinity too?

Tears in my eyes over all this, so incredibly sad and so very cruel! I feel so sorry for your dear Dad, and all the other boys and girls who were abused and used as slaves too in virtual labour camps! Bloody bullies and deviants, and to think they were supposed to be Christians, revolting!

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing" (BBM)

Edmund Burke

Saw this article, and no, not trying to turn this into a Psychologists Convention, but thought it was timely given our discussions about mental health. It certainly is becoming a prominent issue in all walks of life, sport now being a major one as well.

http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/...ust-for-the-mentally-ill-20170228-gun3f2.html

I really do hope and pray that ALL involved in this CSK case are getting help coping mentally with all this horror. For some reason I really am sending this out to TE as I get the feeling, as a healer himself, he is struggling with all that has happened to his brother and his family? I know Don Spiers has/is struggling with severe depression about Sarah,(that man's face haunts me, the utter despair). Oh Lord please let her be found.

Great article Lamp... Though sometimes, it can take many visits to a Doctor...to finally have someone diagnose you with depression. Even Doctors associate depression with a stigma... (even my boss, but that's another story)....

I call severe depression..."cancer of the soul".... It is debilitating..you look physically fine on the outside, but on the inside..you are already dead.

Good article. Thankyou:)

Great article Lamp... Though sometimes, it can take many visits to a Doctor...to finally have someone diagnose you with depression. Even Doctors associate depression with a stigma... (even my boss, but that's another story)....

I call severe depression..."cancer of the soul".... It is debilitating..you look physically fine on the outside, but on the inside..you are already dead.

Thank you SN76 and great description of depression! I always say people relate so kindly, and want to help if you were to tell them you have cancer (or ...... insert 90% of other dis - eases), but if you say "I have depression" (or any other mental health issue), most run a mile away! You sound as if you truly understand the illness and have it under control, if it is yourself that has/is suffering. I don't need to know of course, I just want to say, good on you for coming on here and speaking about it. YOU have helped someone today by coming on here. We nearly lost my husband's brother to severe depression. Brilliant University Lecturer and pioneer of computer programing with huge world wide company. It hit him in the most bizarre way and none of us knew he was suffering till he almost succeeded in leaving us! After much treatment from professionals and taking time out at retreats, he started to come back to us, and we saw his smile returning and, miracle of miracles, his sense of humour! He now sings too with a large choir (over 150 people) in Melbourne for people who have (or are still) recovering from mental illness, just glorious to see him up there and sending us videos of his pop up concerts bringing joy to so many people! Mental illness does not discriminate, all ages, all walks of life, from princes/princesses to paupers! Perhaps the more we understand it, the less these horrible crimes like CSK will happen.

and

[emoji887]

The amounts available under the Criminal Injuries Compensation act have gone up each time the act is reviewed but are still pathetic. The perpetrator doesn't have to have been charged it is assessed on the grounds of probability. If the person is charged and convicted it is an easier pathway. A person could then take a civil action with a good chance of winning, the CIC amount would be taken from the amount of compensation and amounts are usually awarded to the level of previous similar claims. Should a person refuse an out of court settlement and push on only to be awarded a similar amount to that offer the applicant can have the other parties extra legal costs deducted from the payment. Problem is that the procedure extends the trauma and delays reaching the point of moving on which for some people is never.

The amounts available under the Criminal Injuries Compensation act have gone up each time the act is reviewed but are still pathetic. The perpetrator doesn't have to have been charged it is assessed on the grounds of probability. If the person is charged and convicted it is an easier pathway. A person could then take a civil action with a good chance of winning, the CIC amount would be taken from the amount of compensation and amounts are usually awarded to the level of previous similar claims. Should a person refuse an out of court settlement and push on only to be awarded a similar amount to that offer the applicant can have the other parties extra legal costs deducted from the payment. Problem is that the procedure extends the trauma and delays reaching the point of moving on which for some people is never.

thanks for reply, all true.
i may add there is also a 3yr deadline to lodge a civil claim, which leaves precious little time, if any, in the event one has taken their matter thru a lengthy court process.

[emoji887]

What an incredibly accurate description..."cancer of the soul". PTSD is a nightmare. Some days I just don't want to do it anymore

Thank you SN76 and great description of depression! I always say people relate so kindly, and want to help if you were to tell them you have cancer (or ...... insert 90% of other dis - eases), but if you say "I have depression" (or any other mental health issue), most run a mile away! You sound as if you truly understand the illness and have it under control, if it is yourself that has/is suffering. I don't need to know of course, I just want to say, good on you for coming on here and speaking about it. YOU have helped someone today by coming on here. We nearly lost my husband's brother to severe depression. Brilliant University Lecturer and pioneer of computer programing with huge world wide company. It hit him in the most bizarre way and none of us knew he was suffering till he almost succeeded in leaving us! After much treatment from professionals and taking time out at retreats, he started to come back to us, and we saw his smile returning and, miracle of miracles, his sense of humour! He now sings too with a large choir (over 150 people) in Melbourne for people who have (or are still) recovering from mental illness, just glorious to see him up there and sending us videos of his pop up concerts bringing joy to so many people! Mental illness does not discriminate, all ages, all walks of life, from princes/princesses to paupers! Perhaps the more we understand it, the less these horrible crimes like CSK will happen.

Thanks Lampy...it is ugly... And you are right, it can get anyone...

What an incredibly accurate description..."cancer of the soul". PTSD is a nightmare. Some days I just don't want to do it anymore

Yes that's what it feels like..a cancer of your essence, your being...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregoryImmep