Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My testimony is a bit of a different situation so I think it makes sense for me to keep quiet if that's what witnesses are supposed to do? I really don't get what's wrong with sharing information... I think if we're more open we can work it all out & get justice. Being better informed about the case has helped me realise how important seemingly insignificant memories are. I was holding back sharing on here for other reasons though anyway because of the type of information. But really if macro don't investigate, I'm coming here to vent & you guys can help me investigate (assuming you believe me which I know not everyone will which is fine, I'm not a VI btw). Before I go into silent mode I wanted to say it's really helped me to process revisited memories by watching all this discussion & I was really enjoying being a part of this community even though it wasn't long. To be honest thinking about my past was pretty depressing & I was encouraged so much to hear some of your stories & witness the love & care you guys show for each other (trolls excluded). Hope some of you are still here when I'm allowed to talk again.

Here's something I thought was interesting that was printed not long after Ciara was found. BBM

"Murder squad boss Supt Paul Ferguson said yesterday: "We are closing the net on the killer and are looking at several people very closely.

"The man we want will be extremely jumpy following the discovery of his victim's body."

He added that the murderer may have an accomplice.

"We could be looking for two men," he said. "

AND this comment about Ciara's D site:

"One cop said the crime scene resembled an "archaeological dig".

Archaeological dig? Would that mean jewellery and other "valuables" strewn around poor Ciara (and JR perhaps?) David Birnie used to lay out jewellery neatly around the victim, "his signature".

Quote from Birnie link below:
"Her remains were later found, with the killer having removed her jewellery and other items and placed them beside the body. This was one of the Birnies' trademarks."

Also this about CSK:

"There are striking similarities between her kidnap and murder and the cases of childcare worker Jane Rimmer, 23, and 18-year-old Sarah Spiers. Jane's body was found last August in swampland 40 miles south of the city.

"She had been stripped and stabbed to death."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/WE'L...+Aussie+cops+vow+to+nab+`jumpy'...-a061104056

Birnie's link:
http://www.watoday.com.au/entertain...vid-and-catherine-birnie-20170209-gu91h0.html

It's often good to go back over VERY early reports as that's often when police have been less guarded in their initial reactions. I mean I think they (the police) were just as shocked as we were that we AGAIN had a serial killer/s on the loose. They hadn't long since locked up the Birnies!!

I know this could just be sensational reporting by overseas journalists, but the comments from the first police on the scene are thought provoking to me?? Thoughts my Sleuth comrades?

My testimony is a bit of a different situation so I think it makes sense for me to keep quiet if that's what witnesses are supposed to do? I really don't get what's wrong with sharing information... I think if we're more open we can work it all out & get justice. Being better informed about the case has helped me realise how important seemingly insignificant memories are. I was holding back sharing on here for other reasons though anyway because of the type of information. But really if macro don't investigate, I'm coming here to vent & you guys can help me investigate (assuming you believe me which I know not everyone will which is fine, I'm not a VI btw). Before I go into silent mode I wanted to say it's really helped me to process revisited memories by watching all this discussion & I was really enjoying being a part of this community even though it wasn't long. To be honest thinking about my past was pretty depressing & I was encouraged so much to hear some of your stories & witness the love & care you guys show for each other (trolls excluded). Hope some of you are still here when I'm allowed to talk again.

Thanks for sharing Perthie, I totally believe you, I can hear in your words that you are scared to say too much, frustrated, wanting to "vent" and also see what other people think of what you have seen/know. I think you should get some advice about this before you divulge anything to anyone. You never know who's reading these messages and what might happen to your information. So glad that you've been with us, and we'll all be here if you have to leave and come back, but why can't you stay on here and just talk about other angles and ideas? :stay: :)Peace Perthie, all will be well....

Here's something I thought was interesting that was printed not long after Ciara was found. BBM

"Murder squad boss Supt Paul Ferguson said yesterday: "We are closing the net on the killer and are looking at several people very closely.

"The man we want will be extremely jumpy following the discovery of his victim's body."

Archaeological dig? Would that mean jewellery and other "valuables" strewn around poor Ciara (and JR perhaps?) David Birnie used to lay out jewellery neatly around the victim, "his signature".

"Her remains were later found, with the killer having removed her jewellery and other items and placed them beside the body. This was one of the Birnies' trademarks."

Also this about CSK:

"There are striking similarities between her kidnap and murder and the cases of childcare worker Jane Rimmer, 23, and 18-year-old Sarah Spiers. Jane's body was found last August in swampland 40 miles south of the city.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/WE'L...+Aussie+cops+vow+to+nab+`jumpy'...-a061104056

Birnie's link:
http://www.watoday.com.au/entertain...vid-and-catherine-birnie-20170209-gu91h0.html

It's often good to go back over VERY early reports as that's often when police have been less guarded in their initial reactions. I mean I think they (the police) were just as shocked as we were that we AGAIN had a serial killer/s on the loose. They hadn't long since locked up the Birnies!!

I know this could just be sensational reporting by overseas journalists, but the comments from the first police on the scene are thought provoking to me?? Thoughts my Sleuth comrades?

That IS interesting, Lamp. Especially the fact that Ferguson mentioned the possibility of two men....surely there were forensic indicators to suggest this....they wouldn't have just plucked that out of thin air.

Last post for today I promise, (does this woman ever shut up, imagine living with her??) IF and it's a big IF, the CSK had an accomplice, could that have been a woman?? Was CSK a copycat killer and mimicking the dreaded Birnies, but learning (as another poster said previously) not to take the victims home with you? It would explain why our Claremont girls might have relaxed and let their guard down and got in a car so quickly as here was a nice "couple" offering a ride? I'm not suggesting a female was involved with previous rapes (but could have been, Catherine Birnie used to join in with rapes and even took notes!), just these 3 girls, these particular murders? Perhaps someone met on the dark net into the same perversions and wanting to try something "different"? (Sick) Maybe someone he knew from way back?

BBM
Catherine Birnie:
"At the age of 12, she met David Birnie, and by the age of 14 she was in a relationship with him. Harold had begged Catherine on several occasions to leave David due to the fact that she was often getting in trouble with the local police. But the disapproval of their relationship only strengthened their union."...."Four weeks after the birth of her seventh child, she abandoned McLaughlin and began cohabiting with Birnie, who had tracked her down in hospital after she had had a hysterectomy. She had her surname legally changed by deed poll to match his, and reportedly was emotionally dependent on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Catherine_Birnie

Last post for today I promise, (does this woman ever shut up, imagine living with her??) IF and it's a big IF, the CSK had an accomplice, could that have been a woman?? Was CSK a copycat killer and mimicking the dreaded Birnies, but learning (as another poster said previously) not to take the victims home with you? It would explain why our Claremont girls might have relaxed and let their guard down and got in a car so quickly as here was a nice "couple" offering a ride? I'm not suggesting a female was involved with previous rapes (but could have been, Catherine Birnie used to join in with rapes and even took notes!), just these 3 girls, these particular murders? Perhaps someone met on the dark net into the same perversions and wanting to try something "different"? (Sick) Maybe someone he knew from way back?

BBM
Catherine Birnie:
"At the age of 12, she met David Birnie, and by the age of 14 she was in a relationship with him. Harold had begged Catherine on several occasions to leave David due to the fact that she was often getting in trouble with the local police. But the disapproval of their relationship only strengthened their union."...."Four weeks after the birth of her seventh child, she abandoned McLaughlin and began cohabiting with Birnie, who had tracked her down in hospital after she had had a hysterectomy. She had her surname legally changed by deed poll to match his, and reportedly was emotionally dependent on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Catherine_Birnie

Firstly - quote - '(does this woman ever shut up, imagine living with her??)' - :lol: You're fabulous, Lamp. You have a very kind heart, which we can all see.

Secondly, it could well be a woman. That would make sense re the trusting them.

Or it could be that the accomplice was a male taxi driver (or access to a taxi)...I'm still thinking about that witness who's come forward about seeing the taxi the morning Ciara's body was left in Eglinton -

MORE than 17 years after Ciara Glennon’s body was found in dense bushland 45km north of Perth, a local man has come forward with information that puts a taxi at the scene.

The taxi had its headlights off as it turned off Pipidinny Rd, Eglinton, on to Wanneroo Rd in the pre-dawn darkness, the Two Rocks resident told The Sunday Times. He said he had to hit his brakes to avoid hitting it.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

If LE suspect there were two perpetrators, I assume they'll now be scouring past taxi drivers with any connection to BRE.....

Also this about CSK:

Birnie's link:

Re the MM video, I have thought that there could have been a possibility of another person involved in that scene.

I posted recently about the man who was leaning on the light pole as I have never noticed him before. Its like looking at one of those photos or videos where something is there or planted and we do not take it in. Given that it has been reported that there are parts of that footage the public have not seen yet - there is the possibility there lies some further evidence or clues.

That IS interesting, Lamp. Especially the fact that Ferguson mentioned the possibility of two men....surely there were forensic indicators to suggest this....they wouldn't have just plucked that out of thin air.

Or perhaps an indication that they had considered the 1994 'two-man taxi incident' (man crouching in back) documented in Debi Marshall's book as a possible failed CSK abduction, and were fishing for information by disclosing the possibility. The 'no lights taxi incident' adds another interesting consideration, particularly given that the 'taxi theory' has since been largely been dismissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to clarify.

1. SR never had SS in his taxi on either night, as there was no record of any taxis going to known SS addresses, except the one she didn't get to take.
2. Only driver and dispatch knew she had called for taxi (no two way announcement).

So the computer screen only shows details for that taxi, not for other taxis?

Thank you for clearing that up. It takes one scenario off the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

correct. The taxi screen only shows the driver the job they are allocated. The job was not called over a two way radio.

It's called chain of custody.
These are the sort of things they'll ask in Court:
"Did you receive the tape?"
"How did you do that?"
"How long did you have it?"
"Who did you give it to?"
"Did you alter it?"
That sort of thing, so yeah anyone handling evidence can be called to be examined about chain of custody or evidence tampering.
Especially after the Mallard Inquiry and Rayney Trial. IMO it's almost expected nowadays.
In the taxi phone call, the nature of the data storage was that all i did was a search and retrieve and print straight to boss. Boss took printout and he retrieved the audiotape. So i am not required.

Incredible that you have been "lurking" with this information and how closely related to the case you are! Hey Bunnie, wouldn't it just be weird if your Dad knew my Dad! My Dad's call sign was V47 if that rings any bells?? He was a big hearted bloke, quite well known in Freo and surrounds, Stan the Man they used to call him!!!
Dad was green55. He was a base supervisor and dayshift operator. Pistons or crankshaft Keith.

Edited to add: i have previously posted the taxi info on here years ago. Decided to post it again as the arguments over taxi driver suspects going back and forth made me realise how little posters knew about the taxi dispatch system and took it as fact that jobs were dispatched over the radio when that wasn't the case by then.

Hey CP345, can you tell us where SS calling a taxi (sorry can't say cab, Dad might be watching!) has been disputed? I haven't seen this anywhere. Not doubting you as you are very switched on cookie, just would love to see the article this info came from? Puts an entirely different spin on the case if she was just standing there so vulnerable (feel so sad just typing that) what do you think, trying to get up the courage to hitch hike?
She called the cab on the night. Confirmed. Her call was logged in raywood computer dispatch and her phone call was taped. All taxi phone calls are recorded.

It's called chain of custody.
These are the sort of things they'll ask in Court:
"Did you receive the tape?"
"How did you do that?"
"How long did you have it?"
"Who did you give it to?"
"Did you alter it?"
That sort of thing, so yeah anyone handling evidence can be called to be examined about chain of custody or evidence tampering.
Especially after the Mallard Inquiry and Rayney Trial. IMO it's almost expected nowadays.

"Do you come here often?"

Firstly - quote - '(does this woman ever shut up, imagine living with her??)' - :lol: You're fabulous, Lamp. You have a very kind heart, which we can all see.

Secondly, it could well be a woman. That would make sense re the trusting them.

Or it could be that the accomplice was a male taxi driver (or access to a taxi)...I'm still thinking about that witness who's come forward about seeing the taxi the morning Ciara's body was left in Eglinton -

MORE than 17 years after Ciara Glennon’s body was found in dense bushland 45km north of Perth, a local man has come forward with information that puts a taxi at the scene.

The taxi had its headlights off as it turned off Pipidinny Rd, Eglinton, on to Wanneroo Rd in the pre-dawn darkness, the Two Rocks resident told The Sunday Times. He said he had to hit his brakes to avoid hitting it.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

If LE suspect there were two perpetrators, I assume they'll now be scouring past taxi drivers with any connection to BRE.....

Thanks Ms Anais, I am an "acquired taste"! Yes that damn taxi in Pipidinny Road has bothered me for ages as it seems so random for someone to make this up? And I'm sure LE are all over SR and this brickies report as well. It just came to me that the female and male aspect has not been adequately covered, that I have seen anyway? This person could have been someone that was very dependent like Catherine Birnie and that was totally submissive and willing to see the CSK whenever he wanted and on HIS terms and they had become co-dependent. Once he was in a healthy relationship (well as healthy as he could maintain which wouldn't be at all what we would call normal) she would just blend into the background and the CSK wouldn't contact her, just a little dalliance he enjoyed when he needed it? We need to keep open to any possibility. Minds are like parachutes and work best when open!

Re the MM video, I have thought that there could have been a possibility of another person involved in that scene.

I posted recently about the man who was leaning on the light pole as I have never noticed him before. Its like looking at one of those photos or videos where something is there or planted and we do not take it in. Given that it has been reported that there are parts of that footage the public have not seen yet - there is the possibility there lies some further evidence or clues.

Wonder if there are two people responsible if the accused, if found guilty, will just take the "rap" and shut up. Sometimes it's "safer" that way in prison?

Dad was green55. He was a base supervisor and dayshift operator. Pistons or crankshaft Keith.

Edited to add: i have previously posted the taxi info on here years ago. Decided to post it again as the arguments over taxi driver suspects going back and forth made me realise how little posters knew about the taxi dispatch system and took it as fact that jobs were dispatched over the radio when that wasn't the case by then.

Thanks Bunnie, no my Dad didn't know your Dad as I think totally different parts of the company, well that I know of. Sounds like a very can do sort of guy your Dad. And yes, I hadn't realised how early the computer screens came into use in WA. I still thought they had two way radios when CSK was about, but just one question Bunnie, could SR have been a bit of a "flea" and been driving about in a "private" taxi trying to pick up females standing at a rank, or on their own and pretending it was his job? You know something like "you're after a taxi aren't ya love, I've just tapped in for the job as I was driving nearby, hop in?" I know we were in Melbourne last year visiting relies and we saw a right bun fight to get our job outside the hotel. In the end we got in the "wrong" taxi as the bloke saw us with our suitcases looking at our watches worried we'd miss our flight, and pulled up and said he'd been sent, he hadn't as our "proper" taxi drove up a few seconds later and that driver started swearing at our driver, who just drove off and kept saying, "no worries, no worries, I was there first!" We were that damn glad to see a taxi, any taxi, as we had waited so long and were going to miss our flight, we would have jumped on a horse and cart if it came along!"

This gladdened my heart to see that something good could come out of something so horrible as the death of dear Ciara.

TheCiara Glennon Memorial Scholarship was established at UWA in 1998 following thedeath of lawyer Ciara Glennon, and is sponsored by Ashurst (formerly BlakeDawson), the law firm where Ms Glennon worked. It is awarded annually to afull-time student from UWA’s Law School who:

requires financial assistance to continue their studies
makes a recognisable contribution to thecommunity in a charitable, cultural, religious or sporting area;
demonstrates an active interest in an areaoutside the practice of law; and
demonstrates a balanced, well-roundedapproach to life and a genuine concern for others.

http://www.news.uwa.edu.au/201505057550/awards-and-prizes/2015-ciara-glennon-scholarship-awarded

Thanks Bunnie, no my Dad didn't know your Dad as I think totally different parts of the company, well that I know of. Sounds like a very can do sort of guy your Dad. And yes, I hadn't realised how early the computer screens came into use in WA. I still thought they had two way radios when CSK was about, but just one question Bunnie, could SR have been a bit of a "flea" and been driving about in a "private" taxi trying to pick up females standing at a rank, or on their own and pretending it was his job? You know something like "you're after a taxi aren't ya love, I've just tapped in for the job as I was driving nearby, hop in?" I know we were in Melbourne last year visiting relies and we saw a right bun fight to get our job outside the hotel. In the end we got in the "wrong" taxi as the bloke saw us with our suitcases looking at our watches worried we'd miss our flight, and pulled up and said he'd been sent, he hadn't as our "proper" taxi drove up a few seconds later and that driver started swearing at our driver, who just drove off and kept saying, "no worries, no worries, I was there first!" We were that damn glad to see a taxi, any taxi, as we had waited so long and were going to miss our flight, we would have jumped on a horse and cart if it came along!"

Never heard it called 'flea' here in Perth. Could SR be driver who 'dropped in' on other fares? Possible. Should I be accusing him of that? No, as that would be grounds for him to face the taxi tribunal if he were still driving as it is against rules.
As for whether he was a flea of a human or not, word be against WS rules to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member