Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. IMO those two were responsible for the taxi attacks. I think the area drew psychos to it after the publicity from the Bernies. Interesting fact about the Bernies, my Dad was one of the guys prawning who found the victims purse in the Swan river.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weird about your Dad finding the purse, what a horrible experience for him. Here's another one for you, we were out last night at a little function in our tiny country town and this bloke opposite, real bushie, was sitting there listening to me rabbiting on (really, me?) about CSK case and he looked me in the eye and said, "I went to the same school as Birnie, he was in my sister's class!" He then related about the appalling conditions Birnie lived in (a tin shack opposite the school). W.A. is a VERY small place hey? That's why I think there is someone, somewhere out there (might even be reading this right now?) who knows stuff that they haven't told because of fear, can't blame them. Just got that "feeling"....

I believe that it was. Has never been mentioned but it is a given that she was the only one there and she ordered the taxi.

Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road.

But when the cab arrived exactly eight minutes later, Sarah had vanished.

Link: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-...-from-a-claremont-street-corner-ng-b88337785z

My testimony is a bit of a different situation so I think it makes sense for me to keep quiet if that's what witnesses are supposed to do? I really don't get what's wrong with sharing information... I think if we're more open we can work it all out & get justice. Being better informed about the case has helped me realise how important seemingly insignificant memories are. I was holding back sharing on here for other reasons though anyway because of the type of information. But really if macro don't investigate, I'm coming here to vent & you guys can help me investigate (assuming you believe me which I know not everyone will which is fine, I'm not a VI btw). Before I go into silent mode I wanted to say it's really helped me to process revisited memories by watching all this discussion & I was really enjoying being a part of this community even though it wasn't long. To be honest thinking about my past was pretty depressing & I was encouraged so much to hear some of your stories & witness the love & care you guys show for each other (trolls excluded). Hope some of you are still here when I'm allowed to talk again.

Just say it. I did

Agree. IMO those two were responsible for the taxi attacks. I think the area drew psychos to it after the publicity from the Bernies. Interesting fact about the Bernies, my Dad was one of the guys prawning who found the victims purse in the Swan river.

I'm pretty sure that SR and PW met after those attacks. The way I understand it was that SR sought the advice of PW on the basis that he was a suspect in the CSK case. The context of this 'advice' is that PW was the president of the council of civil liberties.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

Have been interested to read theories dating back as far as 2007, that the CSK whoever he may be, was loosely modelling his crimes to identify with other notorious serial killers including two of Australias most notorious from Western Australia, Cooke and the Birnies. Also speculated links to the 1995 film 'Copycat."
Some possibIlities...
Zodiac Killer -'patterns " to locations , preoccupation with publicity about cases, contacting police and media with taunts/hints, terrorising population,well planned crimes
Cooke -location of crimes( Claremont/Nedlands, dates ,(Australia Day) male and female victims,differing methods of attack.
Bundy -biting of victims. Authority figure ruse to get victims into car .."Officer Roseland'....
Gein- KK Cemetery
Birnies- offering unsuspecting victims "rides" locations of abductions/ bodies.
Gacey - "Pogo " and "Patches " Clown persona, true nature masked by decorated Community work and involvement...... All JMO...

I know this is off topic however can attest that the current form of DCP (CPFS) is in very poor shape having had interaction with them over the last 8 years trying to save my sister in laws kids from their current fate.

For mine they don't act quickly enough removing children from drug and violent situations.

Thankfully one child was removed to the most awesome foster care situation at a very young age and he is thriving. It was too late for the older child who is now exhibiting early signs of following in her parents footsteps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is certainly not black and white. I have been working for 6 yrs to get the truth out about one of many cases and can now tell you those 2 children were abandoned by the father last weekend and came out with all the mother had feared so the Children's lawyer got in an urgent application on Thursday and the same judge that ordered they be taken from the mother has had to now sign an order to return them.

The current Child Abuse Royal Commission is currently hearing cases against the Dept and they are not all historical.

I'm pretty sure that SR and PW met after those attacks. The way I understand it was that SR sought the advice of PW on the basis that he was a suspect in the CSK case. The context of this 'advice' is that PW was the president of the council of civil liberties.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...t/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

I have known Peter Weygers for years. It was always an open door at his house especially at dinner time. Peter was always open and transparent and talking all the time. he had visitors asking for advice all hours of the day and night so that's why I could never see him as the CSK. Means motive and opportunity. Means and motive are out the door if there was no opportunity.

Lisa Govan and Josephine Jennings were two young women from the Goldfields who vanished some years apart, on a Friday.
On Friday June 2003 Simon Gurrier Jones a 25 year old Man also inexplicably disappeared after refuelling his car (a white 1992 Ford Station Wagon) at the Cocklebiddy Roadhouse East of Kalgoorlie. Search efforts for Gurrier Jones. and his station wagon at the time included an area of caves and rugged cliffs on the coastline - ...driven into the sea?
Seems to be very little information otherwise available about the case, or about the many young men who have also gone missing over the last thirty years in the vast State of Western Australia :moo::thinking:

"Its not over yet." Indeed.

Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road.

Link: https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-...-from-a-claremont-street-corner-ng-b88337785z

Should have been clearer. No one has actually come out to say the taxi was ordered under the name spiers but they do say SHE ordered the taxi, not a different name.
I think that's clearer. Kind of...

The article in the link below says early 1990s, can't find a more exact date than that. The article does give you a little insight into PW character though. Has anyone ever found evidence of the original complaint date that made them friends?

"Though police said the search had nothing to do with Weygers, his links with Ross are strong. The pair knew each other as far back as the early 1990s when Ross went to Weygers for help because of a complaint by one of his passengers."

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/09/24/1095961862193.html

I have known Peter Weygers for years. It was always an open door at his house especially at dinner time. Peter was always open and transparent and talking all the time. he had visitors asking for advice all hours of the day and night so that's why I could never see him as the CSK. Means motive and opportunity. Means and motive are out the door if there was no opportunity.

"Weygers has been the voice of the civil liberties council since 1988. His reign as a champion of justice has been marked more by his penchant for being a human headline, many times for the wrong reasons and seemingly bizarre causes. Weygers once agreed to launch a book written as a guide for Australian males who wanted to get themselves a virgin Filipina bride. The launch was abandoned amid public outcry." (He went on to wed a Filipino bride).

"He created more public dismay in April by defending the three-time convicted serial rapist Gary Narkle, describing him as an artist and claiming Narkle had more to fear from his victims than they had to fear from him." (Sympathises with rapists)

To me this doesn't scream stand up guy. Keeping in mind BRE never slipped with his cover of family man/volunteer/all round nice guy. I don't see him as the CSK but I am suspicious of the two man attack with a taxi and his relationship with SR.

The article in the link below says early 1990s, can't find a more exact date than that. The article does give you a little insight into PW character though. Has anyone ever found evidence of the original complaint date that made them friends?

"Though police said the search had nothing to do with Weygers, his links with Ross are strong. The pair knew each other as far back as the early 1990s when Ross went to Weygers for help because of a complaint by one of his passengers."

I must admit I've spent the last few minutes being really confused thinking that JoWa and JanWa were the same person who couldn't make their mind up about PW!

I agree the news story I posted doesn't have an exact date of PW and SR meeting but it definitely alludes to them meeting after the CSK incidents.

Have been interested to read theories dating back as far as 2007, that the CSK whoever he may be, was loosely modelling his crimes to identify with other notorious serial killers including two of Australias most notorious from Western Australia, Cooke and the Birnies. Also speculated links to the 1995 film 'Copycat."
Some possibIlities...
Zodiac Killer -'patterns " to locations , preoccupation with publicity about cases, contacting police and media with taunts/hints, terrorising population,well planned crimes
Cooke -location of crimes( Claremont/Nedlands, dates ,(Australia Day) male and female victims,differing methods of attack.
Bundy -biting of victims. Authority figure ruse to get victims into car .."Officer Roseland'....
Gein- KK Cemetery
Birnies- offering unsuspecting victims "rides" locations of abductions/ bodies.
Gacey - "Pogo " and "Patches " Clown persona, true nature masked by decorated Community work and involvement...... All JMO...

Something that keeps crossing my mind, is that lots of serial killers have been know to leave their victims in the same area. The Birnie's, as far as we know left theirs at the pine plantation. Ivan Milat left all his in the same state forest. According to the movie, the police were only looking for one couple at first and if it hadn't been for one young detective insisting they widen their search of the area the others would not have been found.
Do we know if the police have done a thorough search of the WHOLE areas around where JR and CG were found?
Could SS be nearby?

we'd all hope they searched thoroughly, but who knows?
on a basis that they didn't search thoroughly, and if a more extensive search was to be conducted — dismissing all past speculated lineal type/discussed theories in which the CSK may have actually wanted his victims to be found
were the chosen Dsites -
•1) totally random, trial & error; based more on his personal convenience en route to elsewhere? or
•2) could the CSK's intention have originally been more of a planned cumulative site(?) as likened to the Birnies, Milat - and for further similar consideration - the MO of Worral&Miller in SA's Truro killings - in which instance the 7 young women abducted in quick succession over a short period of time, were all recovered in the same vicinity and within reasonably close proximity of each other, with very little effort made to conceal, other than being driven out of town to an isolated spot (...sounds familiar)

on the assumption SS was THE first of the claremont spree, and also on an assumption the CSK preferred his victims NOT to be found — (further discount the other known Dsites of victims YET only speculated to be the work of CSK)... (are you still with me?) then close proximity to which of the JR/GC Dsites would be considered the more likely location to base any further search for SS?
Wellard or Pipidinny?
on the SerialKillers' "planned, cumulative site theory" theCSK's disposal of his second Claremont victim(JR) at Wellard, would be logical of this location as very likely having also been chosen for his first victim(SS)
then perhaps upon JR's discovery, he thought better of it and moved further afield when disposing of his third victim(CG)[emoji848]

it is also possible -if a "random/convenience/en route to elsewhere theory" in the disposal of (SS) were at Pipidinny, that JR's subsequent recovery at Wellard may have prompted a return to the undiscovered Pipidinny site for the disposal of (CG)[emoji848]

despite the passage of time, and as difficult as the effort would be, I believe the Wellard&Pipidinny sites are both worth further investigation ...but with the MO of other mentioned SKs in mind, Wellard is my choice of the two.
[emoji887]

Hi JoWa,
Just found this for you which says the complaint was unjustified. BBM. Can't find exactly what SR was accused of or the exact date, will keep looking. It's an interesting article about Weygers and Ross, sounds like the odd couple to me, and sad that his girlfriend died. An ex Miss Australia runner-up??
Mr Christiansaid police also turned their attention to two other men, the mayor and a taxidriver.
A complaint hadbeen made by a passenger against taxi driver Steve Ross, which later turned outto be unjustified.
According to MrChristian, Mr Ross was at his home with his former girlfriend, a Miss Australiarunner-up, who was very ill in the 1990s.
“The cops wentaround because there’d been a complaint against him and they wanted to take himaway but he said ‘you can’t, my girlfriend’s really sick, she might die’ butthey took him to police headquarters and at that time his girlfriend died,” MrChristian said.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/claremont-serial-killer-investigation-ruined-lives-of-persons-of-interest/news-story/2ee1d8937ad7499c2ed91edb39af5a1a

"Weygers has been the voice of the civil liberties council since 1988. His reign as a champion of justice has been marked more by his penchant for being a human headline, many times for the wrong reasons and seemingly bizarre causes. Weygers once agreed to launch a book written as a guide for Australian males who wanted to get themselves a virgin Filipina bride. The launch was abandoned amid public outcry." (He went on to wed a Filipino bride).

"He created more public dismay in April by defending the three-time convicted serial rapist Gary Narkle, describing him as an artist and claiming Narkle had more to fear from his victims than they had to fear from him." (Sympathises with rapists)

To me this doesn't scream stand up guy. Keeping in mind BRE never slipped with his cover of family man/volunteer/all round nice guy. I don't see him as the CSK but I am suspicious of the two man attack with a taxi and his relationship with SR.

Yes I agree PW does sometimes get drawn into supporting what appear to be dubious causes as those who advocate on behalf of others occasionally all do. He also has an unusual manner about him, a social disconnect where he only seems to think about what he is saying, not how what he is saying will be received as do those with Asperger's Syndrome. Most people edit themselves as they speak so we have to trust that their message is what they are thinking.

And this JoWa from the same article really got me. BBM He did what??

"Peter Weygers, 62, was mayor of Claremont when the murders occurred. His 12-year tenure ended in 1997; around the same time he began phoning the father of one victim in the middle of the night to say he (Weygers) was a suspect in the case."

Notice it says, "phoning" not just that he phoned, once? He obviously is a very, shall we say, "complex" man.

Yep, thanks, I realised my mistake, should have written 8 and not 3. I've tried to edit it but couldn't, have sent a message to the mods to edit for me

I find it unusual that LE would rip his house apart without some due cause. Maybe LE just thought he was guilty by association.

And this JoWa from the same article really got me. BBM He did what??

"Peter Weygers, 62, was mayor of Claremont when the murders occurred. His 12-year tenure ended in 1997; around the same time he began phoning the father of one victim in the middle of the night to say he (Weygers) was a suspect in the case."

Notice it says, "phoning" not just that he phoned, once? He obviously is a very, shall we say, "complex" man.

That one upset me. Why phone the man? His daughter is missing, you are a suspect and you call IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT???? What is with that?

I find it unusual that LE would rip his house apart without some due cause. Maybe LE just thought he was guilty by association.

We have all seen the cases where the police get single minded on the wrong track then attempt to fit the evidence to the chosen suspect. I have been through this with a case where an older brother was charged with sexually abusing his younger brothers it was only because we could prove he was out of the state at the relevant time that 18 months later the charges were withdrawn even though they knew where he was 3 days into their inquiries. In the PW case there was also a political undertow coming from high profile business people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95