Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are seeking any information from WAPOL employees whom may have worked in the effected areas i believe

Evening All!
Newbie here - long time reader but am finally joining :)

I have read through previous posts and am interested in whether people have discussed possible locations where BRE could have taken victims? I have looked in the area on google maps to see th location of phone booths and phone exchange buildings but think they may have since been removed. He would have had legitimate access to these.

Hello AH! KK has been discussed, as also an unused building (at the time) in Government Road, which coincidently is near JR's work. IMO the deserted Lakeway Drive-in was also a possible site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other thing the Channel Seven report said was the public gallery was 'full to overflowing' and some people could not get in. Not unexpected, I suppose.

Regarding the media coverage, people have commented about the lack of it. I understand there are restrictions about what can be reported while court proceedings are taking place.

But I think another element coming into play is that many (not all) of the reporters around these days were lucky to have been old enough to be in primary school when the CSK was active and they themselves probably could never know what a huge and consuming thing it was at the time and what it was like to live in fear like those who were 10-20 years older at the time did.

I think things might have been a lot different coverage-wise if he was arrested five or even ten years post the incidents, as opposed to 20 years. Personally I think the fact the cops arrested BRE after all that time, with him seeming to have eluded all of Australia for two decades, makes the case all the more fascinating.

That's why I hope someone like Bret Christian (who kept coverage going and breaking new angles even when there was seemingly no news) writes a book about this when all is said and done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello AH! KK has been discussed, as also an unused building (at the time) in Government Road, which coincidently is near JR's work. IMO the deserted Lakeway Drive-in was also a possible site.

thanks Spinnaker - The phone booth things has got me thinking a lot as if all the women went to make a call then he had the perfect opportunity.

As for the unused building and Drive - in I would have thought these would have been looked into at the time? Now we know what BRE does for a living he would have had access to restricted buildings that would never have been looked into at the time.I just wonder whether anyone knows if there is / was a phone exchange building nearby.

The lack of Media i imagine was because he was giving video evidence from Hakea ... they would have known from that not much was going to happen ... When finally appears in court it will be a different matter

Welcome to a few more newcomers. For those that aren't fully across threads there is also another good thread to read on posts, links pictures etc which may sum up some of the information until you are caught up. Some links from old threads are no longer available as they are moved by the source or gone into the land where all interesting CSK information goes. Now that some of you have joined as members you can now see the pictures. (-:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Killer-Media-Timelines-Photos-*NO-DISCUSSION*

The lack of Media i imagine was because he was giving video evidence from Hakea ... they would have known from that not much was going to happen ... When finally appears in court it will be a different matter

Hi yes I realise that - I just mean in general, like between court appearances.

Hi yes I realise that - I just mean in general, like between court appearances.

I think they may a bit sensitive to print / air anything they can not verify ... over the years they have printed and aired some tripe , I have noticed they have stopped using the term serial killer which is a step in the right direction

thanks Spinnaker - The phone booth things has got me thinking a lot as if all the women went to make a call then he had the perfect opportunity.

As for the unused building and Drive - in I would have thought these would have been looked into at the time? Now we know what BRE does for a living he would have had access to restricted buildings that would never have been looked into at the time.I just wonder whether anyone knows if there is / was a phone exchange building nearby.

Cottesloe exchange - Stirling highway.

Is anyone aware if BRE had anything to do with Screen Printing , Bret Cristian mentions screen printing as new evidence in an article a few years ago ..

I am looking at aspects of some crimes that may or may not be connected to the Claremont cases ...if he can be linked to screen printing I can rule someone else out ... Thanks

Is anyone aware if BRE had anything to do with Screen Printing , Bret Cristian mentions screen printing as new evidence in an article a few years ago ..

I am looking at aspects of some crimes that may or may not be connected to the Claremont cases ...if he can be linked to screen printing I can rule someone else out ... Thanks
Mmmm. Just found this....
Screen Printing*Services and Supplies - address: 14*Government Rd*- (6009) Nedlands WA Perth Area - phone: (08) 9389 89

Thanks for the response , Bret Cristian refers to screen printing for T shirts etc. but that is because most people would think of , I am looking more at someone who does it themselves for one of jobs on furniture ... and not necessarily screen printing as such , you could use the same chemicals to hand paint fabric , exclusive work for decorators etc

Thanks for the response , Bret Cristian refers to screen printing for T shirts etc. but that is because most people would think of , I am looking more at someone who does it themselves for one of jobs on furniture ... and not necessarily screen printing as such , you could use the same chemicals to hand paint fabric
Might buy them from a place like this
Screen Printing*Services and Supplies - address: 14*Government Rd*- (6009) Nedlands WA Perth Area - phone: (08) 9389 89

Same road as that disused building, where the jewellery and the book hidden behind a wall was found according to that article in the Post Newspaper. Anyone know the number? Was it near 14?

Maybe they chucked damaged stock or half used tins in their commercial bin or gave them away....

Same road as that disused building, where the jewellery and the book hidden behind a wall was found according to that article in the Post Newspaper. Anyone know the number? Was it near 14?

Thanks again , but the people I am looking into would be more than likely do it themselves , for eg. You want a chair with Jimmy Hedrix on it , and your partner wants a chair with a Turtle on it... .. or your portrait ... and they would be hand painted , but with silk screen paints so they can be cleaned

Maybe they chucked damaged stock or half used tins in their commercial bin or gave them away....

Think it was no 60.

I am not aware of BRE being involved in screen printing.

Thanks again , but the people I am looking into would be more than likely do it themselves , for eg. You want a chair with Jimmy Hedrix on it , and your partner wants a chair with a Turtle on it... .. or your portrait ... and they would be hand painted , but with silk screen paints so they can be cleaned
From what I gather it's a shop for screen printers to get their supply of ink/paint and equipment from.

Can't remember the sleuth on here who posted a link re : CGE family member/relatives in printing. Won an award. Sorry for vagueness. Will go on the hunt for specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298