Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He must have cleared enough room in his inbox to receive messages, then ;)

I, for one, would be most interested in what message you were sending him PCS although I respectfully expect you won't tell us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champion lakes and Wright Lake are nearer Huntingdale/Gosnells

Before we go down the maybe SS is buried in Wright Lake path, when Champion Lakes was constructed it was excavated to around 5m in depth albeit slightly shallower in Wright Lake given this was already a depression. Having worked on this project I can assure you no bodies were found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your insight DaleCooper,

Is a committal hearing the same as a committal mention?

I wonder if his step daughter can access his FB account. I did message him in January.

What did you message??... probably none of my business, but my mind boggles at what one would write in such circumstances! 😱

Champion lakes and Wright Lake are nearer Huntingdale/Gosnells
Tomato Lake is 2 blocks from Wright St. However I thought BE didn't purchase the Kewdale house until approx 5 years after SS went missing?

The brother said he got the nickname "bogsy" because he was shat on by a blue tongue lizard. That was via Frankie 1972.
Thank you I stand corrected. Blaming my faulty memory - and laziness for not going back to re-read Frankie's post

It was the Shenton Park Post newspaper editor who came up with the printing ink/clothes line print shop clue. Not the Police. I got that straight from the horses mouth. They said the ink/clothes line clue was a Media beat up, not theirs.

I'm hoping the police get clues as to where BRE has surfed on Google Earth. I wonder if he buried anything at Tomato lake. It's only around the block from where he lived.

Hello PCS, looks like we both registered around the same time.

Funny you mention Tomato Lake. When I lived in Belmont my road (Armadale) terminated right there at the lake and I've always felt unsettled around that area. Although I don't believe that anyone with a brain would dispose of something they didn't want found in a residential lake. It would only take one missing child in the area and that lake would be plundered...

Hello PCS, looks like we both registered around the same time.

Funny you mention Tomato Lake. When I lived in Belmont my road (Armadale) terminated right there at the lake and I've always felt unsettled around that area. Although I don't believe that anyone with a brain would dispose of something they didn't want found in a residential lake. It would only take one missing child in the area and that lake would be plundered...

Interesting you should say that White Swan. I live right near Tomato Lake and by day it is a delight. By night it is quite possibly one of the spookiest places in Perth.

Recently, the winner of the Perth Xmas lights competition adjoined Tomato Lake and scores of people were going there nightly to have a look at the spectacular lights.

Just before BRE's arrest, I was with a small group of people, some of whom walked a short distance off into the dark to catch Pokemon.

Now I am the sort to walk outside with a cricket bat to investigate a noise, but I could not get over how creepy and dark it was there, just a short distance from where the (later-to-be-announced) winning house was literally lit up like a Christmas tree.

There at Tomato Lake I was literally too terrified to follow my friends down the tree-lined path into the dark, even just 50m, and hurried back to the Christmas lights.

There was no lighting at the lake, as I said to one of my friends, it was the kind of place you are just NOT meant to visit at night.

I remember twenty years ago feeling a slight sense of "safety" in the fact that Claremont was far too upmarket for someone like me to visit, rendering me relatively safe as the CSK probably never even visited south of the river let alone 'boring' Kewdale, Belmont and Cloverdale.

Little did I know BRE had, since 2000, been living a stone's throw from my house. Goodness knows how many times we passed by him at Belmont Forum doing his shopping, obviously completely oblivious to the events that would unfold in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting you should say that White Swan. I live right near Tomato Lake and by day it is a delight. By night it is quite possibly one of the spookiest places in Perth.

Recently, the winner of the Perth Xmas lights competition adjoined Tomato Lake and scores of people were going there nightly to have a look at the spectacular lights.

Just before BRE's arrest, I was with a small group of people, some of whom walked a short distance off into the dark to catch Pokemon.

Now I am the sort to walk outside with a cricket bat to investigate a noise, but I could not get over how creepy and dark it was there, just a short distance from where the (later-to-be-announced) winning house was literally lit up like a Christmas tree.

There at Tomato Lake I was literally too terrified to follow my friends down the tree-lined path into the dark, even just 50m, and hurried back to the Christmas lights.

There was no lighting at the lake, as I said to one of my friends, it was the kind of place you are just NOT meant to visit at night.

I remember twenty years ago feeling a slight sense of "safety" in the fact that Claremont was far too upmarket for someone like me to visit, rendering me relatively safe as the CSK probably never even visited south of the river let alone 'boring' Kewdale, Belmont and Cloverdale.

Little did I know BRE had, since 2000, been living a stone's throw from my house. Goodness knows how many times we passed by him at Belmont Forum doing his shopping, obviously completely oblivious to the events that would unfold in December.

The thing is I did see him at BF shopping centre a number of times when I worked there as a security guard. I have been following this ever since SS went missing yet I only found out very recently that someone had been charged. My brother told me he lived close to me and said the same thing; that I probably walked past him a hundred times.

After I got home and looked it up I recognised him right away. Nothing remarkable about him really except that he always reminded me of someone else I knew. It doesn't even surprise me that he was in Kewdale. I always had a feeling he would be close.

As for Tomato Lake you're right. I felt nothing but bad vibes around that place day or night...

You think Tomato Lake is spooky at night? Try Garvie Park, or that one near to where BRE used to live in Huntingdale, Hester Park.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Indeed he did frequent Belmont Forum. While I personally don't remember any specific sightings, a friend of mine has a mutual acquaintance with BRE (who I remember disappearing from BRE's FB friend list in spectacular fashion, along with the rest) and upon BRE's arrest my friend remarked he was shocked as he had only just seen the mutual acquaintance there with BRE the week before.

We probably shouldn't be surprised - I too have been fascinated by the case for 20 years and one thing I have learnt about Perth it is just full of these coincidences, there is often just a degree or two of separation between everyone and everything.

I think the general consensus about BRE, from everything we know so far (and I'm sure we haven't even scratched the surface) is his "unremarkableness" and how he just looked so normal and blended in.

You think Tomato Lake is spooky at night? Try Garvie Park, or that one near to where BRE used to live in Huntingdale, Hester Park.

Oooooh NO THANKS! Certainly Garvey's not far and I've been there in daylight but can't see myself venturing there in the dark!

With Tomato Lake though, it was not the main entrance of the park that spooked me out but on the other side - the little path near the President/Jeffrey street intersection.

Go there at night if you want to be scared!

If you had asked me if the CSK was going to jump out from behind a bush there and grab me, I would not have thought so, but if you had said someone or something was gonna jump out from behind one of the bushes and grab me I would have thought there was a mighty high probability.

Oooooh NO THANKS! Certainly Garvey's not far and I've been there in daylight but can't see myself venturing there in the dark!

With Tomato Lake though, it was not the main entrance of the park that spooked me out but on the other side - the little path near the President/Jeffrey street intersection.

Go there at night if you want to be scared!

If you had asked me if the CSK was going to jump out from behind a bush there and grab me, I would not have thought so, but if you had said someone or something was gonna jump out from behind one of the bushes and grab me I would have thought there was a mighty high probability.

When I was much younger, and house sharing with my old school friend, who was a Telecom Techie at the time, he used to get those salacious contact magazines from the adult shops, because they were far cheaper than his usual spank mags, and he said that Dogging groups regularly advertised meet ups in Hester Park, Tomato Lake, & Garvie Park, amongst other places, (I presume because they didn't have lighting at night, so wouldn't have public hanging around).
He said back in late 80's or early 90's that he wanted to go for a sticky beak out of curiosity, but I baulked at the idea. Never knew if he did, and never asked him if he did since.
But it'd piqued my curiosity now, since it appears the CSK committed his crimes outdoors, as to whether the CSK accused was into that scene at some point. Or maybe why he stopped, was because he discovered dogging down at Tomato Lake by accident, and thus discovered an alternative legitimate way to get his jollies off?

After learning about dogging recently (either here or on some other crime related website) I googled. It is easy peasy to find dogging sites, some open and some requiring membership. I'm in Qld so don't know the area but someone in Perth would have no trouble searching for likely suburbs and members.

Based on my fascination with websleuths, coroners reports and now dogging, I really hope noone ever seizes and searches my laptop lol.

After learning about dogging recently (either here or on some other crime related website) I googled. It is easy peasy to find dogging sites, some open and some requiring membership. I'm in Qld so don't know the area but someone in Perth would have no trouble searching for likely suburbs and members.

Based on my fascination with websleuths, coroners reports and now dogging, I really hope noone ever seizes and searches my laptop lol.

I had a similar worrying thought when the cross dressing rumour appeared!!!!!

Back in those days when my friend learnt of it through the contacts mags in the adult book stores, there wasn't any internet. Back then he also had to mail order from Canberra his *advertiser censored* videos as it was illegal for adult shops to sell them over here in WA. I remember him saying something similar about if the Police took away his wardrobe (where he stored his *advertiser censored*).
Apparently he and other techies would swap videos. You had to earn a decent income back then for that sort of thing though, as it was quite expensive to buy videos by mail order from Canberra.

Hi I’m new to this forum but have been reading posts for months. They’ve been most interesting to read. Can someone please help me with this…
Does anyone have any awareness of WA’s legalities regarding the use of familial DNA. I’m aware how familial DNA is obtained but is it permissible to use within the courts?
As an example; if police were to obtain evidence without a search warrant it’s not admissible in court.
I’ve read that some states in America permit familial DNA evidence but some states don’t. Could someone please let me know the following…
1. Is it possible the defense lawyer can argue that BEs DNA was obtained illegally?
2. Is it possible for police to obtain DNA from the Ancestry database?

Hi I’m new to this forum but have been reading posts for months. They’ve been most interesting to read. Can someone please help me with this…
Does anyone have any awareness of WA’s legalities regarding the use of familial DNA. I’m aware how familial DNA is obtained but is it permissible to use within the courts?
As an example; if police were to obtain evidence without a search warrant it’s not admissible in court.
I’ve read that some states in America permit familial DNA evidence but some states don’t. Could someone please let me know the following…
1. Is it possible the defense lawyer can argue that BEs DNA was obtained illegally?
2. Is it possible for police to obtain DNA from the Ancestry database?
Once charged with a serious crime, the accused is compelled to give up a DNA sample anyway, which is probably the only sample the prosecution needs to enter into evidence to prove a link to the crime scene samples.

This article has previously been posted by Meticulously (link below).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-11/page75

Raising it again as find the below statement interesting and feel that it perhaps warrants further thought.

As stated in the attached article "Inspector Ferguson said that there had been several items of clothing and a pair of shoes found. They were still being examined but did not appear to belong to Miss Rimmer".

It has been reported that JR was found without any clothes, however it appears that from this article that clothing was indeed found at the site. If this is the case, who did the clothing and items belong to?

As we are aware, there were some items missing also from both JR & CG.

Would be interested in people's thoughts on this.

We could also consider the Kimono, did this perhaps belong to a previous victim and the MO is to take clothing to another attack, Just a thought.

All of the above IMO.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 61145034d6c97955d694a80f6d3bf29b.jpg
    61145034d6c97955d694a80f6d3bf29b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 04ee2550c8ff99735f0809b23bf5bf27.jpg
    04ee2550c8ff99735f0809b23bf5bf27.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.