Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote by Innerchild

Also it would have been almost impossible for it to be driven off the end of Groyne. In those day if I remember correctly, only a 4WD, driving on sand could reach the groyne and the only vechicle I have ever seen on the gryone if the beach lifeguard's 4WD. The beach is floodlit all night, next to Marine Parade which even at 2.00 am would have cars on it, along with people possible observing from house or walking and the noise of something revving down the groyne and crashing into rocks would have been heard by hundreds.
There was no noise and no sightings even under floodlights and close to residents.

RSBM

Like you - I don't think the car could've been driven off the groyne - there are HUGE boulders preventing that from occurring for any car. Old pics of Cott Groyne would confirm whether the boulders were in place back when JC went missing.

The car could have been driven down the paths used by CSLSC (Cott Surf Life Saving Club), and if it had enough speed, and with the correct tide, MAY have made it too the waters edge. Then the action of the waves would eventually undermine the sand beneath the car, so eventually the car would move away from the coast and into deeper water.

See link for example of cars being taken by high tide after being parked on a beach over night. https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/washed-away-brand-new-navara-taken-ocean/3043849/

However, back in 1988 there were NO floodlights lighting up Cottesloe beach. And back then, during summer time, punters leaving the Sunday Session at the Cottesloe Pub would spill onto the beach and go for an impromptu NUDE swim!!! So it was dark on the sand, and even if the car's headlights were shining, the lights could be mistaken for the moon light reflecting on the ocean surface, especially after downing a few pints at the Cott.

So nobody can help?
Here is a link to the post by Merlin Black.
https://m.facebook.com/9NewsPerth/posts/1112443918767767
Just a few questions, the original and edited post are dated 29th of March but is positioned between posts dated October 2015.So how would you find the date it was posted?
What was BRE's fathers name?
Does anybody know more about this fb post?

So nobody can help?
Just a few questions, the original and edited post are dated 29th of March but is positioned between posts dated October 2015.So how would you find the date it was posted?
Looking at his page, it becomes clear that he posted this on or before 16th October due to the replies on the same topic. He must've Edited it in March

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

So nobody can help?

I skimmed through the FB post!
That certainly made his mark there.
Also the comment by Merlin Black is very unusual. The person that made this post seems unfamiliar with standard formats for written communication. The grammar and punctuation are all wrong. Like he/she is just typing the running commentary in their head.

I'll refrain from commenting further on MB, since its against T&C's to comment on persons not officially connected to the CSK case.

Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Interesting to note though that MB mentions the Laker's Tavern!!!

yes but the original is the same post?
Doubt it. I'd suggest that the post has been embellished in March to add information that he picked up in MSM, which is why it now reads like some sort of disjointed seance. But we can try and see if wayback machine caught it

Looking at his page, it becomes clear that he posted this on or before 16th October due to the replies on the same topic. He must've Edited it in March

29th March
3 versions

29th March
3 versions
I note that although his FB page says he's in Peru, both license plates of the vehicle pictures he uploaded have Western Australian license plates.
And his last post goes on and on about druggies in Thornlie, which is a Perth suburb just north of Huntingdale. Actually the driveway pictured with that garden looks vaguely familiar. Next time I drive to Thornlie Square via Royal St I'll take a look around as it might well be on Thornlie Ave or Spring Rd, as they're the only roads in Thornlie I ever use

So nobody can help?
Personally, I found the comment post much more interesting, especially in the replies to that comment, where he drones on about corruption and then goes on a long post about the missing people in Nannup. I've seen that stuff before. Word for word. By a poster on a cult forum, calling himself Sir_Laughs_a_Lot
Thank you for directing me to a facebook post, that has just given confirmation of the real identity of someone who made some very suspicious posts about the missing group from Nannup upon a cult forum website.

Quid Pro Quo DR Lecter....."however it was quickly determined to be incorrect"....by whom .?

It was determined to be incorrect by posters who realized that the details didn't match.

" Posts making this claim were deleted " ....-so there was more than one post(er) making the claim.?.....

There were several WS comments discussing the connection. Most of those were deleted once it was established that the woman who committed suicide was not the same woman who was being connected to BRE.

Now, years of drinkin rotgut whisky straight has dulled my once sharp mind,..,but you are a fairly smooth operator DR. Sutton... all over the facts of it otherwise....and you also neglected to screenshot the post?

I didn't see the original FB post. I didn't screenshot the WS comments as it was quickly determined the woman was not connected.

I am a new contributor here and have taken a couple of months to read through most of the threads. I am hoping I'm not stepping on bloggers "toes" here as many seem to have definite opinions about JC. I hope someone has the photo mentioned below by "papertrail of the crush car after it was towed onto Cott beach, which I have seen posted somewhere...

A small version of the photo can be found in Paper's original post:

07ab0964996db8a049a93233471ef317.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12396408#post12396408

Peter Kurten said the photo was sourced from Newspix.com, though I can't find it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-4&p=12402387#post12402387

So nobody can help?

That is a wholly bizarre post. I assumed the 29 March without a year meant it was this year but the positioning is strange.

My instinct is that it's an attempt to deceive people into believing that someone identified BRE prior to arrest by walking in on him, with just enough vagueness in detail to suggest the poster is genuine and on the right track.

I understand why you want answers to the date question, although finding BRE's father's name is pretty easy. I'm surprised you thought of Websleuths as the first and best source of that information rather than Google.

That is a wholly bizarre post. I assumed the 29 March without a year meant it was this year but the positioning is strange.

My instinct is that it's an attempt to deceive people into believing that someone identified BRE prior to arrest by walking in on him, with just enough vagueness in detail to suggest the poster is genuine and on the right track.

I understand why you want answers to the date question, although finding BRE's father's name is pretty easy. I'm surprised you thought of Websleuths as the first and best source of that information rather than Google.
Yes i thought it was edited this year as well, but with his fb posts stopping around the same year (2015) and the account starting around 2012 it doesn't look like he had set up a fake account just to post the one from 29th of March.
have been on webslueths a long time,first as a guest and then member,just thought it was the right place to ask:D

Yes i thought it was edited this year as well, but with his fb posts stopping around the same year (2015) and the account starting around 2012 it doesn't look like he had set up a fake account just to post the one from 29th of March.
have been on webslueths a long time,first as a guest and then member,just thought it was the right place to ask:D

Posts with no year behind the date are current year. Sometimes FB places new posts amongst old, not sure why, but if you look at posts with alot of replies, they can be totally out of time and date order.

About 2002/2003 my daughter was a waitress at LT Forest Lakes, Thornlie. She vaguely remembers a quiet man who'd sit at the bar having a drink. He had dark hair. Thinks it was BE.

Apologies if I sounded snippy :)

People can actually understand that post by MB? I've read it 3 times now and it just keeps getting more confusing. Seems a lot like someone having a conversation with themselves almost. I dont know where one sentence ends and another story has begun. Its so scattered.
Whats weirder is he has gone and written all this on a year and half old post and edited it 3 times... and it still makes zero sense.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members