FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be nice to know what happened to the Mt Pleasant house. I assume the same house Doug owned with Renee? He moved to FL after the ballet company cratered as far as I know by 2018. He wanted to be there when his daughter was born but AB decided that she didn't want that and she did not even want the child to have his last name, so she used her Gandfather's name.

That she used her Grandfather's name for the child
says it all about this "relationship".

Haste (in getting married)
Makes waste.

JMO

IMO the hits keep coming from defense counsel…..

The nerve of this defense attorney. I suspect the judge is required by law to make this disclosure to the defendant. Amazing.

And IMO seems a telegraph that defense has already clearly told her not to testify. And is worried she might change her mind? IANAL. MOO
Agree.shes so manipulative and thinks so much of herself - he’s gonna have to duct tape her to that chair to keep her from testifying- IMO

My mistake - I thought he was still with Eva in Mount Pleasant at that time and drove down from there.

Regardless, still might have been a setup with the intent to kill DB and AB having no intention of moving to
Maryland.
We know she likes to jurisdiction shop. The move from Charleston to Florida then to Maryland seems sinister in hindsight. Why did she initiate reconciliation to get him to move to Florida when she had no intention of reconciling? Did she think the Stand Your Ground law would help her get away with this? She did have a SYG hearing and lost by the way. She’s delusional and conspiratorial type so it doesn’t seem far-fetched she would think this way. Highly suspect. JMO

Yeah at first I thought she was in jail but she’s been out this whole time. Her whole get up feels so forced and manipulative. Those grey stragglers are purposely being shown by parting her hair in the middle. Bags under her eyes. She’s obviously worked to maintain her svelte figure though! But can’t color her hair and wear a little make up/concealer?? JMO

Sorry...very belated as I still haven't caught up on this case, but in the defense opening he describes exactly what supposedly happened at the time of the shooting when the only people at the scene were Doug and Ashley. Doesn't this mean that Ashley would have to take the stand to corroborate this story? He eluded to a swollen face and a scratch on the side of her body. Is that the only evidence defense is going to produce to support the story?

It would be nice to know what happened to the Mt Pleasant house. I assume the same house Doug owned with Renee? He moved to FL after the ballet company cratered as far as I know by 2018. He wanted to be there when his daughter was born but AB decided that she didn't want that and she did not even want the child to have his last name, so she used her Gandfather's name.

According to Charleston county real estate records, the Mount Pleasant house was sold in Jan '23 by David Benefield as representative to Doug's estate. I believe it was purchased by Doug & Renee in 2005.

We know she likes to jurisdiction shop. The move from Charleston to Florida then to Maryland seems sinister in hindsight. Why did she initiate reconciliation to get him to move to Florida when she had no intention of reconciling? Did she think the Stand Your Ground law would help her get away with this? She did have a SYG hearing and lost by the way. She’s delusional and conspiratorial type so it doesn’t seem far-fetched she would think this way. Highly suspect. JMO

Just FYI there's stand your ground here in Charleston.

Atty Taylor is such a jerk. ImO. Judge has had huge patience with him. Defence has not presented evidence correctly. We wil see them come back to that.

Taylor reminds me of Lally in Karen's case. Why didnt they let second attorney intervene?

Reactions: Dre

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back