Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fairly logical mind, but reading this gave me goosebumps.

I am editing this because I have just re-read it.

Julie Cutler was reported to have a black evening gown on.

I know it sounds weird and you are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you it happened. I was driving down Kelvin Rd Maddington and I saw a woman walking along the path. What got my attention was what she was wearing. She had a black floor length, long sleeved gown thing on. As I went past, she turned to look at me. The gown had a White symbol on it like a pentagram or something. Scared the hell out of me I can tell you lol. Didn't know who it was at the time. Now I think it was Jane Rimmer

IMO BRE was involved with the JC disappearance and it was his first step from being an “Apprentice” along his path to being CSK.

Well, BRE was almost certainly a Telecom apprentice at this time.
1. BRE would have been around 19 ½ years at the time of JC’s abduction. However, BRE has been charged with a sexual assault at Huntingdale that occurred in the early hours of Monday February 15[SUP]th[/SUP] 1988. The charge was from evidence on the kimono that was left at the scene at Huntingdale. BRE would have been just over 19 years at the time of this assault. There were other unsolved sex assaults around area at time.

2. Kimono clue to a brutal killing The West Australian, Perth Wednesday February 17 1988 by Cyril Ayris "This kimono may be the clue that helps solve the brutal killing of Victoria Heather Clark, 30, in Victoria Park last SeptemberBRE 18 ¾ years.

3. This 1988 newspaper article in the “West Australian” newspaper and years later in “The Post” newspapers makes the point that the kimono is linked to the above murder. It doesn’t say exactly how, but confident the sexual assault BRE has been charged with was linked to brutal murder of Victoria Clark.

4. David Troy Masters was charged and convicted of this murder. If the kimono was linked to BRE and this murder, how did or did BRE know David Troy Masters? What part did BRE have to play in this murder (not suggesting at all that BRE committed the murder). Perhaps he may have acted as a lookout, just watched or assisted in some way and left some evidence (blood?, body fluid?, finger prints?)

5. Links to a person convicted of this serious murder implies he may have had links to others likeminded people. Maybe through online gaming communication or early blogs involving some sort of sexual fantasies where he could recognise and meet bloggers whom he could tell from what and how they wrote they actually had committed sexual assaults, and not just wannabes.

6. He already has allegedly been involved in serious sexual assault and somehow linked to a brutal murder.

IMO he was willing to graduate to the big time perhaps encouraged or influenced by others that may have acted as a mentor(s) in the JC case.
Internet, gaming forums and blogs in 1988?
BRE must of been a time traveller.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Bunnie, thanks for that. So it's probable that BRE studied at uni (part-time) for his technicians job. Did I read that JC studied at Curtain uni (formerly WAIT)? Curtain is in Bentley, and next suburb to Vic Park.
Telstra trained all their staff at Telstra technical schools. The one BRE would've gone to was in Ley St, Como.
There was no university courses for Telstra techs. In fact if like me you did go to university, and then seek a Telstra tech apprenticeship, or any tradie apprenticeship in the 1980's, they'd knock you back because you're old too and cost too much. There was no such thing as adult apprenticeship back then, and because of high unemployment and very few businesses hiring, employers could choose cheaper younger people.
I believe BRE only got into Telstra because his dad was a boss there, otherwise he'd be on the dole or in a dead end job like every other kid in the SE suburbs back in the early 1980's who didn't leave in year 10 for an apprenticeship or didn't go to University after year 12.
It was called WAIT when I went there in 1981. All the stuff about Curtin was in regards to Lance Williams

I have a fairly logical mind, but reading this gave me goosebumps.

I am editing this because I have just re-read it.

Julie Cutler was reported to have a black evening gown on.

Melissa76,

If possible, could you let us know approximately what year that was and any details of the hair.

Hi Petedave,

From what I've read BREs father worked for Australia Post.

Can you remember if Carlisle TAFE did some sort of pre-apprenticeship?

Hi Petedave,

From what I've read BREs father worked for Australia Post.

Can you remember if Carlisle TAFE did some sort of pre-apprenticeship?
BRE's father was the boss of the Telecom/Telstra Tech team that my old school friend who became a Techie worked under. Telecom was under the PMG way way back in the 60's, which might be the confusion because Australia Post was also back then under the PMG, but they're entirely separate.
Funny you should mention Carlisle TAFE, because my old school friend's mum ran it and Thornlie TAFE before she retired, but no, back in the 1980's Telecom had their own Tech schools and my old school friend did all his training at Ley St one in Como. He did go to the William St one in North Perth, but that one was for telephone repairing only much later.
BRE would've done all his training in Ley St also. However, after RPL came in, Curtin started offering Post Grad Diploma courses for those with ten years trade experience in leu of having a degree, and someone said BRE might of started one of these about 10 years ago.
Now a days to be a Techies you'd train yourself at TAFE, but not in the 80's. TAFE didn't offer courses back then for Telecom

Sometimes we get bogged down in the ideology that serial killers research, stalk and take their victims after close scrutiny. .. sometimes they just take via opportunity and panic under reality. I believe this is what happened with JC and why the car was disposed of with such noobie over-the-topism.
Just MOO of course.

Fwiw...a friend suffered fractured vertibrae from the so-called milder summer wave dumping action at Cottesloe. The car could have easily sustained damage given a relentless pounding in surf that was just deep enough to move the vehicle but not deep enough to cover it. Perth beaches (apart from Coogee) are not exactly flat and family friendly. They are dumping onshore surf and full of rips.

BRE's father was the boss of the Telecom/Telstra Tech team that my old school friend who became a Techie worked under. Telecom was under the PMG way way back in the 60's, which might be the confusion because Australia Post was also back then under the PMG, but they're entirely separate.
Funny you should mention Carlisle TAFE, because my old school friend's mum ran it and Thornlie TAFE before she retired, but no, back in the 1980's Telecom had their own Tech schools and my old school friend did all his training at Ley St one in Como. He did go to the William St one in North Perth, but that one was for telephone repairing only much later.
BRE would've done all his training in Ley St also. However, after RPL came in, Curtin started offering Post Grad Diploma courses for those with ten years trade experience in leu of having a degree, and someone said BRE might of started one of these about 10 years ago.
Now a days to be a Techies you'd train yourself at TAFE, but not in the 80's. TAFE didn't offer courses back then for Telecom

Petedave,

Many thanks for the information. Would your friend who worked as a techie be able to answer this question...

Back in the late 1980s what would the A/Hrs roster system, for telephone exchanges operate like. For example, would it be possible for a techie to be delegated a telephone exchange (local to them). BRE lived near the Gay St exchange so could he have been the first point of call for emergency breakdowns at Gay St (and other local exchgs).

As an example, when I worked for the WCs service delivery they rotated responsibility for after hours faults.

Sometimes we get bogged down in the ideology that serial killers research, stalk and take their victims after close scrutiny. .. sometimes they just take via opportunity and panic under reality. I believe this is what happened with JC and why the car was disposed of with such noobie over-the-topism.
Just MOO of course.

Fwiw...a friend suffered fractured vertibrae from the so-called milder summer wave dumping action at Cottesloe. The car could have easily sustained damage given a relentless pounding in surf that was just deep enough to move the vehicle but not deep enough to cover it. Perth beaches (apart from Coogee) are not exactly flat and family friendly. They are dumping onshore surf and full of rips.

Wasn't there an object at Cottesoe in the ocean like a bell? No one has mentioned that.

Wasn't there an object at Cottesoe in the ocean like a bell? No one has mentioned that.
That is the concrete pylon. Leftover from the original jetty. Was damaged in a massive storm a few years ago now then restored. It's a swimming challenge for most teens/older kids.

Petedave,

Many thanks for the information. Would your friend who worked as a techie be able to answer this question...

Back in the late 1980s what would the A/Hrs roster system, for telephone exchanges operate like. For example, would it be possible for a techie to be delegated a telephone exchange (local to them). BRE lived near the Gay St exchange so could he have been the first point of call for emergency breakdowns at Gay St (and other local exchgs).

As an example, when I worked for the WCs service delivery they rotated responsibility for after hours faults.
Dunno. I'll catch up tomorrow and ask him.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what areas down South that have been searched for SS?

attachment.php

From missing person Julie Leanne CUTLER
Age at timeof disappearance: 22 years
Build: Medium
Height: 162 cm
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Distinguishing Features/Other:
Circumstances:
Julie was last seen leaving the Parmelia Hilton Hotel WA at 12.30am on 20 June1988 after a staff function. Her car was found 2 days later in the sea offCottesloe Beach.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Melissa76,

If possible, could you let us know approximately what year that was and any details of the hair.

Attachments

• Julie_Cutler_images.JPG
    Julie_Cutler_images.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 242
Thanks for your excellent post petedavo. Do you think BRE would have known how to "tap"phones? Similar to the techie that did this for LR, would he had any way to "tap"into calls ordering taxis?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/d...o-waves-at-yanchep-beach-20151006-gk2g23.html

Some may be interested in this report of car being driven into heavy surf at Yanchep beach to avoid capture by police in 2015. There is short video clip from air showing 4WD entering ocean, up to its roof, (has snorkel), The later image seems to be where the 4WD settled (misses out the driver getting on roof before being arrested).

Surf was heavy and the 4WD I have it on good authority that it remained in the wave zone for 2 hours before being removed by professional tow. Body and windows of car seem OK from force of waves, before being towed out.

Rope seems to be attached through both back windows.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lance_4WD_removal.jpg
    Lance_4WD_removal.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 199
I have been getting others to check my force calc's and the you tube clip on the controlled tests is useful as a control. However it seems to now be hidden. If any were interested in viewing the Fiat crash testing

[video=youtube;uGoSauHtC-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGoSauHtC-8[/video]

Thanks for your excellent post petedavo. Do you think BRE would have known how to "tap"phones? Similar to the techie that did this for LR, would he had any way to "tap"into calls ordering taxis?
That was discussed in an earlier thread.
If I get time, I'll send link

Another plausible explanation for damaging the car and pushing it off the groyne would be "Road Rage". Maybe he hated the car as much as the driver?

I tried to count road rage deaths in WA, but there's too many.
4c7856e7bafea90845e4415f3a839ab4.jpg

Petedave,

I'm with Geoff now at Nicholson's B&G. He said, yes BRE was in the maintenance team and therefore be on the after hours call out list, for any jobs, even as far away as Mandurah. My old school friend said that being on that team and therefore on the call out list was very lucrative, and highly sought after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member